• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean you don't have to be on Team Shiver, but me? I'm sticking with the sweats.
I thought I knew you better then that. How dare you
20230101_115731.jpg

Is it wrong that I prefer to play Ninjala over Splatoon?
I mean, one is free and the other is 59.99

One has anime colabs, the other doesnt

Besides those, they are kinda the same

Tho Splatoon doesnt have fishing🤔

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I thought I knew you better then that. How dare youView attachment 370782
If it means anything last time I waa on Shiver, I lost.
I mean, one is free and the other is 59.99

One has anime colabs, the other doesnt

Besides those, they are kinda the same

Tho Splatoon doesnt have fishing🤔
Splat did have a collab with The Squid Girl and the outfit was available to buy, but it hasn't returned for the sequels

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New girl found her Ho-Oh
100% guaranteed this guy is related to Terapagos in some way.
So this seemingly leans into the theory terraopolgos is not the real third legendary and just a fragment of it. With this baby form evolving into the one we know.

Makes the theory the entirety of Paldea is the real Terraoplogos seem pretty likely.
Courage.
Im always going courage
Edit: omg
They even got some really clean merchandise!
This is hype!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since the second expansion for Scarlet & Violet isn't coming out for a long, this Terapagos thing in the anime might stay in the appearance it is in now for a long time too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Makes the theory the entirety of Paldea is the real Terraoplogos seem pretty likely.
I haven't heard that theory before but wait...

It's a turtle....with terra in its name...

Heck, that actually doesn't sound like the craziest theory out there.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven't heard that theory before but wait...

It's a turtle....with terra in its name...

Heck, that actually doesn't sound like the craziest theory out there.
A lot of people thought the journal entries showing a giant turtle with land masses on its back, was a hint the third legend was based on the world turtle. The Paldea region itself is also turtle shaped. So people begin thinking that Heath realized they were actually on top of this massive Pokémon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Splat did have a collab with The Squid Girl and the outfit was available to buy, but it hasn't returned for the sequels
Oh yeah. Forgot about Squid Girl. Tho idk if it will return because Monster Hunter also had tons of Anime colabs but those havent came back either so i think License issues are at play

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I was not expecting to be hit in the feels like that
Honestly i got spoiled on that but I didn't expect it to hit as hard as it did, though considering the author's other series I should have probably seen that coming

Dunno if I'll keep watching though, it's good but I don't know if it's entirely for me. I'm already busy enough with watching Jigokuraku weekly as is

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly i got spoiled on that but I didn't expect it to hit as hard as it did, though considering the author's other series I should have probably seen that coming

Dunno if I'll keep watching though, it's good but I don't know if it's entirely for me. I'm already busy enough with watching Jigokuraku weekly as is
Yeah, I went in completely blind and was under the assumption that Ai would be a much more prominent character thanks to all the marketing material for the anime featuring her, so I was quite shocked with how early she was killed off. I totally get why they did it, but damn...

And dude, Jigokuraku is so good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A lot of people thought the journal entries showing a giant turtle with land masses on its back, was a hint the third legend was based on the world turtle. The Paldea region itself is also turtle shaped. So people begin thinking that Heath realized they were actually on top of this massive Pokémon.
Shows just how out of touch I've been with pokefandom that I haven't heard a theory as basic as that.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. Here are my changes for DK and Link.

Donkey Kong
  • Neutral attack: Modified to now resemble his three hit combo from Donkey Kong 64. A quick forward swipe with his right hand, followed by a backhand from the same hand, followed by a quick ground slap from both.
  • Forward Tilt: A stationary version of his running kick attack from Donkey Kong 64. Donkey Kong balances on both his arms to kick with both hands.
  • Down aerial: Now visually reminiscent of his enemy stomp animation from Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze where he appears to thrust both arms downwards.
  • Pummel: The former inspiration for his Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate now becomes the inspiration for his pummel. Donkey Kong rapidly jabs at the grabbed opponant with both fists.
  • Neutral Special (Coconut Shooter): Donkey Kong fires a single spurt from his Coconut Gun which has the ability to home in on nearby foes. Holding the button allows him to aim the shot.
  • Side Special (Classic Barrel): Donkey Kong takes it old school and throws a barrel forward to damage his foes. The barrel can either be a normal rolling one or a special bouncing one depending on the randomized cycle.
  • Up Special (Launch Barrel): A Launch Barrel spawns, encapsulating Donkey Kong, and blasts him upwards in a straight line. Donkey Kong can influence his own direction in the air either left or right. Other foes can use the barrel as well before it de-spawns.
  • Final Smash (Bongo Blast): Originally from Donkey Kong 64, Donkey Kong does a quick jam on his bongos which causes an explosion of musical power, damaging all foes within a certain range.
Link
  • Dash Attack: Link’s dash attack that he uses with the Pegasus Boots in his home series.
  • Forward Smash: Link charges up a blast from the Fire Rod and casts it forward a small distance, similar to Mega Man’s Charge Shot.
  • Up Smash: Link swings the ball and chain from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess in a motion above his head.
  • Down Smash: Link stomps with the Spinner. Any Spinners hit with the shockwave will be sent hurtling forwards, and any enemies his by these Spinners will be knocked in Link's direction. Based on a move Link has with the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors.
  • Up Special (Double Clawshot) Link fires a clawshot at the nearest target and zooms towards it. He is then allowed to quickly aim a second clawshot to another target and zoom towards it for as long as the first one holds on. If the shot’s hooked on to an enemy, then you only have a split second to fire a second clawshot.
  • Final Smash (Great Fairy): Inspired by Link’s Great Fairy weapon class in Hyrule Warriors, Link opens a bottle releasing The Great fairy who creates a pool of water that sucks in any enemies nearby. She then emerges from the pool, creating a burst of energy that repels any enemies nearby.
Probably should have waited till the morning to post this anyway but eh. What can you do. What do you think?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Very interesting how the survey I got after buying the Zelda Splatfest shirt, asks about what I want to see from the next console.

Told them, upgraded switch and explained what I’d like to see from it.

Timing is pretty interesting with the rumors of a new model this year or next year.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
twas not on my bingo card

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Forget Nintendo franchises, what non-Nintendo video games do you think would make great movie adaptations?
Easy answers like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy VII, and Persona 5. And not as easy answers like Mega Man, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Devil May Cry, Castlevania, Banjo-Kazooie.... they could probably make a Minecraft movie....

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
New girl found her Ho-Oh
Oh wait, did the new series already start airing in Japan?

Tomorrow I go to a local comic convention and one of the special guests there is Billy West. I know I want his autograph but I can't decide if I want a selfie with him and/or a recording of him too.

Hmm...
View attachment 370779
I don't know if you recall this, but a while back, I went to a con you attended, and only after I left did I realize I saw you there, because you mentioned you went to the same con, and I recognized the shirt you said you wore. Tomorrow, I'm going to that same con with Billy West. That's twice now, haha.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know if you recall this, but a while back, I went to a con you attended, and only after I left did I realize I saw you there, because you mentioned you went to the same con, and I recognized the shirt you said you wore. Tomorrow, I'm going to that same con with Billy West. That's twice now, haha.
Oh, I remember :b:

South Carolina Comicon again?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
are they making a minecraft movie? It better be some arthouse live-action/animation hybrid about a kid and her families struggling relationships and how Minecraft helps them express themselves. Plenty of dutch angles and under-saturated color pallets.
They are, it's live action, and Jason Mamoa is the star

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Easy answers like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy VII, and Persona 5. And not as easy answers like Mega Man, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Devil May Cry, Castlevania, Banjo-Kazooie.... they could probably make a Minecraft movie....
Well do I got news for you
They are, it's live action, and Jason Mamoa is the star
I was about to post this.

Big Downgrade from the original version with Steve carell. Would have be about this town and how several people of all ages are able to come together when they meet in minecraft, and go into how the game changes their lives.

if I remember correct, Carell was gonna be in a nursing home of sorts and the game was one of the only things to bring him enjoyment after his wife died.

Really sounded interesting and each character seemed to have been pretty fleshed out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I found out that the Pokémon Stadium announcer has 640 sound clips

And the sequel has a ridiculous amount more: 1,070

Still one of my most favorite announcers in a game

Top Bottom