• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Anyone else read fanfics? I have (in a neverending search to find content of Gabby Disventure Camp, I've turned to my fair share of fanfiction).

Alas this meant I've also read some very cursed fanfiction. Twice now, I've discovered some truly mind-scarring Pokemon fanfics that I still have yet to forget...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Anyone else read fanfics? I have (in a neverending search to find content of Gabby Disventure Camp, I've turned to my fair share of fanfiction).

Alas this meant I've also read some very cursed fanfiction. Twice now, I've discovered some truly mind-scarring Pokemon fanfics that I still have yet to forget...
Yes.

Mostly Cookie Run fanfic stuff.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I used to.

For some reason, every single Smash fanfic took place in a mansion called... the Smash Mansion.

Idk why that was the case but it was like an unspoken rule

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'd say some of the absolute worst and most deranged fanfiction I've read but...see here's the thing, they're SO deranged that I don't think I can really MENTION what they're about cuz they're seriously messed up.

But I will say this:

Out of the two messed up and deranged Pokemon fics I've read, the one where Drew's head explodes is the better one.

Dukefire

Smash Master

I have my fair share of reading Fanfics, but I never got around the gore and 18+ focused stuff since I didn't follow how they were mentally drawing the scene or just skipping it entirely.

Still, it is crazy how people can make cursed fanfics. Just watch your step when selecting one.
Screenshot_20231121_213144_YouTube.jpg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm planning on reading a Shantae fan comic in the very near future.

But I first want to turn it into a CBR file before reading.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I can't take it anymore...look, I have had some awful gaming experiences over the course of my life; Smash been frustrating at times, but at least you aren't required to play nonstop forever and ever until the game says you can stop (aka a win), but nothing can come close to Overwatch 2 in terms of absolute misery. I mean, where do I even start? The "game"'s programming clearly favors the other team, so when you go into a supposed 5v5, it's really 6 million vs 5, because the programming superbuffs your team's opponents to be absolutely overpowered, resulting in your team being annihilated regularly (if you're on offense they're impenetrable, and when you're on defense they're unstoppable-look at Eichenwald and maps involving payloads, if you're on defense and they claim the main point, it's game over and they just completely annihilate you and your team. What's more, the "game" requires you to play until you win, but it won't let you or your team win, meaning you have to play this abomination nonstop for hours even days in a row with no breaks allowed for any reason (look at all the OW twitch streamers who are playing for days on end, and look at how their souls have been completely eviscerated by this unfair excuse of a "game"). But worst of all, is Blizzard is taking a harder line against players protesting the "game's" unfairness than against bullies or racist/sexist/homophobic and transphobic players. Seriously, in their completely warped world, the dolts at Blizzard have no issue with bigotry, but leave a game because the programming decided it wants the other team to win is allowing them to eviscerate your team, well then that's crossing the ultimate red line. (I also don't get why players change characters when things aren't going well, do they not understand that when the programming decides your team is not winning, then your team is not winning and there is nothing you can do about it.) And the dolts at Blizzard will never admit their programming is biased and broken, they're never going to fix it, and instead keep making more and more useless skins no one wants. This game is TERRIBLE..😡😡😡

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Apple be paying good money…tho Sonic’s voice is gonna leave me confused with him going from his deep Frontiers voice to his usual Sonic voice

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So in honor of GTA6, here's what the world was like when GTA5 released:
  • The Nintendo Wii U had just entered their first year
  • 3DS entered their second
  • Year of Luigi
  • The PS3 and Xbox 360 were still the latest consoles for their respective company
  • Mario Kart 7 was the newest Mario Kart
  • Brawl was the newest Smash
  • Notch still owned Minecraft
  • Iron Man 3 was the highest grossing movie of the year. Frozen wasn't released yet (in 2 months it will be)
  • Thrift Shop by Macklemore was top song of the year.
  • The Harlem Shake shook the world by storm
  • Pewdiepie was the highest subscribed Youtuber
  • Twitch has entered their second year
  • Obama was still the US President

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I'm making another game for a Game Jam.

It's actually shaping super for the time frame, got a week to spare and I'm near complete, all I gotta worry about now is the SFX and Music and some bugfixes
So update on this: I finished it like a week ago, and today a small Youtuber covered my game. Makes me quite content on what I accomplished, and small or not, never thought I'd get a Youtuber to cover something I made.

I have the link to the vid but there's one issue, and that's that I put my irl name up on the game. But if y'all promise not to dox me I can send you the link if you ask me. I do want y'all to show her some love.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So update on this: I finished it like a week ago, and today a small Youtuber covered my game. Makes quite content on what I accomplished, and small or not, never thought I'd get a Youtuber to cover something I made.

I have the link to the vid but there's one issue, and that's that I put my irl name up on the game. But if y'all promise not to dox me I can send you the link if you ask me. I do want y'all to show her some love.
I do t have the guts to doxx someone. Your name is safe to me

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What’s poppin y’all

Pun completely unintended

I recently got into this Asian drama called Reset on Rakuten Viki. It’s soooo good omg

Top Bottom