• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The last time we had a year without a mainline Pokémon game was 2015, back when we were still in generation 6.

I want to believe that isn't a coincidence.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
In non Pokémon news:

Someone has created something called Gamescent, which uses AI to release real smells while you play games.

…yes I’m serious
Someone could use this power either for wonderful good (training Pokemon like Meganium or Roserade) or absolute evil (that one level in Conker's Bad Fur Day...you know the one) and I am very nervous

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
FgNCP83aUAEvkQF.jpeg

I always found Lumiose and Kalos as a whole to be pretty boring, so I'm not really feeling much right now.
The game taking place entirely within the city is a good opportunity to make it way more interesting though.

Going on 8 years without picking up a new pokemon game so I'll just wait on actual footage of the game to know whether that's going to change.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's me hoping that this can lead to us getting a Legends game set entierly in Ultra Space where you are a member of the Ultra Recon Squad catching Ultra Beasts. You could even have "Ultra Beast Regional Variants" of classic pokemon in order to still have them in the game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still not sure how I feel about the game supposedly being only in Lumiose City. Theres gotta be more natural areas for wild Pokemon to roam around in, right?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Still not sure how I feel about the game supposedly being only in Lumiose City. Theres gotta be more natural areas for wild Pokemon to roam around in, right?
I hope there is. If it is Urban development, then other areas in the Kalos region could still be in development or open land. We can also see more grandparents of the trainers like Diantha and Az's immortal cursed life.

Also my team in X that carried me for the first elite four challenge. At the time, young and didn't know how to counter fairy types effectively.
Chesnaught
Gardevoir
Talonflame
Lucario (Mega stone)
Gengar
Xerneas

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So, what are we thinking the starter trio will be? I'm m gonna guess Snivy, Piplup, and Scorbunny. The first two are obviously France themed, the latter is basically process of elimination.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, what are we thinking the starter trio will be? I'm m gonna guess Snivy, Piplup, and Scorbunny. The first two are obviously France themed, the latter is basically process of elimination.
I just hope the water starter isn’t Sobble, because Inteleon sucks.

Though maybe this could be a chance for them to fix Inteleon…

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Already said my piece on what I'd WANT them to be, but I definitely get the feeling that your choices are more likely.

Plus Scorbunny does make sense when you consider that France has won a couple of World Cups.

I just hope the water starter isn’t Sobble, because Inteleon sucks.

Though maybe this could be a chance for them to fix Inteleon…
Inteleon, as I've mentioned before a LONG time ago, is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I'm open to see that they might do with him for a final form change! The Hisui form designers for Arceus really knew what they were doing (they actually made me WANT to pick Cyndaquil in a non-Mystery Dungeon game) so I think these forms will look really cool!

Dukefire

Smash Master
Rowlett, cyndaquill and Oshawott is based off the Hisui region of the old ages of japan. Oshawott is a samurai with a dark nature (compared to its modern counterpart), Cyndaquill represents the supernatural of the souls passing on by acting as a beacon, and Rowlett is to represent a wandering warrior in the open lands with a straw hat in exchange of no flight. (Like Shiren or Samurai Jack)

If you want a Fire type starter based on France, then Fennekin seems to be the best choice to me.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's the River and potential for sewers
Because it's Not!Paris there's potential for catacombs
Parks
Probably a couple of surrounding areas so it's not entirely within Lumiose but still within the general vicinity.

It's those three but Scorbunny is in a toss up between it and Litten.

It arguably fits the potential time frame (Paris Renovations went from late 1800's into early 1900's) and an Aristocat works with Serperior and Empoleon being natural fits for Fr*nce if they go for some Upper Class/Nobility theme with the starters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Rowlett, cyndaquill and Oshawott is based off the Hisui region of the old ages of japan. Oshawott is a samurai with a dark nature (compared to its modern counterpart), Cyndaquill represents the supernatural of the souls passing on by acting as a beacon, and Rowlett is to represent a wandering warrior in the open lands with a straw hat in exchange of no flight. (Like Shiren or Samurai Jack)

If you want a Fire type starter based on France, then Fennekin seems to be the best choice to me.
Fenniken is the least likely starter, they aren't going to be having any of the region's starters pulling double duty.

My thought process for Scorbunny was basically...

• Fenniken is out for the reasons above
  • They aren't going to have two starters from the same region, so going with my other two Chimchar and Tepig are out
  • Cyndaquil and Fuecoco aren't going to be starters two games in a row (unfortunately)
  • They're probably going to want fancy new megas, so we probably aren't getting Cyndaquil or Torchic.
This leaves Scorbunny and Litten. And as funny as Mega Incineroar would be for all the VGC fellas, Soccer is much more French than Wrestling, at least to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

Getting through Godzilla: King of the Monsters and I have to say, while I like the film, it is a little disappointing that they have all these OC titans just rampaging around and they didn’t use Anguirus, Godzilla’s first rival. I know there’s probably a limit to how much they can license from Toho without going over budget, but I think it would have been nice to have him there rampaging around. I know his skeleton is apparently in Godzilla’s underground lair but that’s just kind of disappointing imo. And I get that Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah are bigger draws. I just figure Anguirus deserves to be here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because patterns are arbitrary. Sometimes they hold true, but at the end of the day Gamefreak does what they want. And right now they wanted to finally return to Kalos.
Ironically if we paid attention to dex cuts pattern,

We would have had Kalos locked in.

In SV the main missing Pokemon are like 5 from Gen 5 that are in the Kalos Dex, the Kalos legends, and most importantly, furfrou. An obvious stand out that would have clued us in if we stopped taking leakers as gospel lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fenniken is the least likely starter, they aren't going to be having any of the region's starters pulling double duty.

My thought process for Scorbunny was basically...

• Fenniken is out for the reasons above
  • They aren't going to have two starters from the same region, so going with my other two Chimchar and Tepig are out
  • Cyndaquil and Fuecoco aren't going to be starters two games in a row (unfortunately)
  • They're probably going to want fancy new megas, so we probably aren't getting Cyndaquil or Torchic.
This leaves Scorbunny and Litten. And as funny as Mega Incineroar would be for all the VGC fellas, Soccer is much more French than Wrestling, at least to me.
I mean, Incineroar is pretty popular. And who knows how its final evolution might change if they do a regional variant. It might still be a bipedal fighting cat but not specifically a wrestler any more.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
How many new megas do we think we're getting? Do you think it'll just be megas, or will we still have regional variants and cross gen evolutions? Will there be an Enamourus-esque addition?

I can't stop thinking about this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My guess it’s going to be ORAS Mauville mix with the terraium. Either the city is domed in or it’s just a bigger open space.

Let’s not forget it was the hub to like 6 different routes that you had to go through in XY.

Perhaps the new city absorbed those routes and also added upper and lower levels that have plenty of biomes set aside for Pokémon to live in.

Top Bottom