• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder how Sony feels about Square Enix no longer running exclusives moving forward

Shroob

Sup?
Man, I really hope Deltarune's 3rd and 4th chapters release this year.

I really want to see where the game's story goes from here. Gameplay-wise, and even maybe story-wise, I think I also actually enjoy it more than I even enjoy Undertale.
Saaaaaaame, but I'm not hopeful lol. I know Chapter 3's seemingly done, but idk how far chapter 4's in in comparison.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Saaaaaaame, but I'm not hopeful lol. I know Chapter 3's seemingly done, but idk how far chapter 4's in in comparison.
I've heard a lot people saying that Chapter 4 is half-way done, but take that with a grain of salt as I've yet to find a source from the devs on it.

At the very least, though, we know that Chapter 3 and 4 are releasing concurrently instead of with Chapter 5, so while that means less content at once, it also means more content will be released at once than compared to the last two updates and at earlier time than originally planned.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, I really hope Deltarune's 3rd and 4th chapters release this year.

I really want to see where the game's story goes from here. Gameplay-wise, and even maybe story-wise, I think I also actually enjoy it more than I even enjoy Undertale.
Distance between Undertale and Deltarune chapter 1: 3 years (2015-2018)
Distance between Deltarune chapter 1 and chapter 2: 3 years (2018-2021)
Distance between Deltarune chapter 2 and now: 3 years (2021-present)

Is it time? 🤔

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t care how Sony feels. I’m happy about it.
you’re happy sure, but is Sony? Perhaps they take things the wrong way and attempt to out**** Microsoft Gaming (since I guess Xbox is dead). Maybe those 2 out of the Big 3 start getting dumber overtime due to companies like Sega and Square Enix preferring to live the good life. Maybe Nintendo pulls a J Cole and becomes the Big Me…or becomes the Big Mii

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Distance between Undertale and Deltarune chapter 1: 3 years (2015-2018)
Distance between Deltarune chapter 1 and chapter 2: 3 years (2018-2021)
Distance between Deltarune chapter 2 and now: 3 years (2021-present)

Is it time? 🤔
Deltarune fans, I believe...

I'll post this again when Chapters 3 and 4 actually release

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Bah, just look at Nintendo's financial reports, and you will see what companies they had invested.
  • Bandai Namco
  • Konami
  • Square Enix
  • Koei Tecmo
  • Kadokawa (they have Dwango, which has Spike Chunsoft and FromSoftware)

Which means...
  • Pac-Man
  • Kazuya Mishima
  • Cloud Strife
  • Hero
  • Snake
  • Simon Belmont
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Lu-Bu
  • Danganronpa rep.
  • Dark Souls rep.
  • Gamera
  • Necky the Fox
  • Dengeki Bunko rep.
I'm not sorry

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'd recommend King Of Fighters '98, at least - it's a "dream match" game, so it's light on story. (it's about $8 on the eShop, if I recall correctly)

(Also, Dragon Quest XI has an 8-10 hour free demo on the Switch's eShop, and you can carry your progress over to the full game)

As for the current topic, I feel like the only game that I haven't played any of would be the games tied to ROB. I played a bit of Wii Fit, though not much. (I played Game & Watch games through the Game & Watch Gallery series, Duck Hunt through the Wii U, and I played ARMS through a free trial on the eShop)
Tekken 8 is pretty fun. At least, I’m having more fun compared to Street Fighter 6. :251:
Both of these series are ones I previously wanted to get into but it's really hard for me to get into fighting games. Like I barely played Street Fighter 2 which I did enjoy but was a bit above my skill level despite being an old ass game.

I'm open to trying them out in the future but my backlog is huge as is, so they're not a priority.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Haven't played yet?: :ultbanjokazooie: :ultinkling::ultkazuya::ultjoker::ultminmin:ultwiifittrainer:

Own copies of but haven't played past first 5 minutes/opening cut-scene: :ultbayonetta::ultshulk:

I might have played Tekken or Wii Fit at one point, but I don't remember. Soul Calibur has always had my eye more than Tekken, so I've never really gotten around to it. My younger has copies of the Banjo N64 duo, so I could probably borrow them should I feel the need.

Also raises hand for owning a complete working Gyromite and Zapper set. :ultrob::ultduckhunt:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
God dang it I'm an Aquarius
View attachment 389260
Any Scorpios out there willing to trade birthdays with me?
I cannot believe I was assigned as gay by Cartoon Network for being a December baby, especially after watching a Steven Universe video essay despite never watching the show.

They're right mind you but still lmao

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beat Omori

I put this game off for a while for some reason, but I am glad I finally played it because it was really good. The story was very emotional and I can add this to the list of games that have made me cry. The characters were also really memorable. I really enjoyed the artstyle, aesthetics and designs, the Line boil effect is really unique and the music really helped with the vibe. And the gameplay was really fun too, the emotion system I feel was used really well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Do you also think Glastrier and Rapidash are the same Pokemon?
They're not horses, horses don't lay eggs.

They're monotremes.

Edit: It just occurred to be that Glastrier doesn't lay eggs either by I still stand by my case.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
They're not horses, horses don't lay eggs.

They're monotremes.

Edit: It just occurred to be that Glastrier doesn't lay eggs either by I still stand by my case.
Mammals lay eggs all the time, just look at Easter bunny.

Top Bottom