• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Okay guys this is my final piece before I go to bed.
I really don´t like Snake but I found this.

Maybe it´s fake or not, I hope so, I want Wolf in Smash not Snake.
Good Night everybody and nice dreams.
Doesn't look real. However, it is nice to get an idea of what he would come with. Having an Old Snake outfit would be the best.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

That model looks like crap.

Also, fun tidbit: that release date would be 11 days before Phantom Pain. Not that it means much, but it would be a repeat of Snake in Brawl, added before his next game was out.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
If you have a New 3ds or a circle pad pro, I highly recommend using the second analog stick. It makes the 3ds version the best controlling version of MGS3. The controls might take a bit to get used to with the face buttons, but it should be manageable.
I have an old 3DS and no circle pad pro. Is this going to be a huge problem in managing the game?

jamesster445

Smash Lord

According to this thing, Snake comes out on my birthday lol. Take notes Sakurai

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I have an old 3DS and no circle pad pro. Is this going to be a huge problem in managing the game?
There's a couple parts in the game that I don't want to give away that might be a bit difficult with the face buttons, especially if you are going for a no-kill run. But the game is definitely very playable without the circle pad pro, it might just take a little while to get used to. You can also adjust the camera speed in the options But if you ever come across a cheap Circle Pad Pro, I definitely recommend it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

It's so bad the copyright isn't even correct. Snake is owned by Konami Digital Entertainment Co. Ltd. Not Konami U.S.A. Inc.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

As much as I would like to believe in that leak, his artwork render looks like ****.
Plus, I would love to see both Snake and Wolf back. They were my mains during the good ol days of Brawl.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I've seen that video before, and the biggest thing that bugged me about it was that they said they would play by MGS rules. That being able to look around a wall was allowed. Well, every time someone did that, alert mode was triggered. Other than that, I really liked the video.
Yeah that was my biggest complaint too, but I really liked it. Would be fun to try myself.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I've got a bit of a story to tell today. I was on the way to a job interview. I ended up arriving super early, so I decided to kill some time wandering the streets close to the interview. I came across a LIQUIIIIIIIIIIDation store that sold products from other stores that went out of business. I checked out the store out of curiosity not expecting to find anything too interesting, and I came across a rack full of t-shirts, each of them selling for a dollar. I knew something was strange when half the shirts I came across had memes all over them, so I just kept digging through. And then I found these amazing shirts:
upload_2015-8-11_17-44-8.png

Sorry for the terrible quality, I don't have a good camera
(BTW, from this point, the rest of this post doesn't have anything to do with Snake, Metal Gear, or Smash)

But that's not all! I also picked up a Dragon's Lair collection for a dollar!

And I kid you not, I found the strangest shirt I ever saw in my life. It was a black shirt that had the Beauty and the Beast logo in the front, the DOOM logo under the Beauty and the Beast logo, and on the back it had a huge picture of Lenardo Dicaprio smoking a cigarette, and the Webkinz logo under that. It must have been a massive misprint. I'm kicking myself for not buying that shirt, it was pure gold! And I actually have a bit of a weird theory for why that shirt is so weird.

My Highschool did a musical production of Beauty and the Beast last winter, and I was a part of that. The school was selling shirt orders of the production, and the color of the shirt and the Beauty and The Beast logo looked identical. I ordered a shirt as a memento, but I never got mine. I think i'm the only one who didn't get a shirt. I completely forgot about that until I found that strange shirt. Most of the shirts they were selling there were the same brand, and the quality of the shirts wasn't super good, so I'm guessing some of the shirts they were selling were "print your own design" shirts that nobody claimed. I know it's a stretch, but I think it's a possibility that the shirt I found was supposed to be my shirt, and it got hideously mis-printed, and I was never told about it XD

The liquidation store is located within walking distance of the College i'm going to in the fall. So if that shirt is still there when I start College, i'm tempted to buy it. I'm tempted to go up to my old music teacher and ask her, "Was this my Shirt?".

If I do buy that shirt, I might post it here just to show that i'm not joking about this. I'll have to check this store out once in a while just to see what kind of crazy stuff i'll come across.

Attachments

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm just posting this for speculation and just general discussion. I doubt if it real but it's of major interest now with a company like Namco in play for MG series in general

It's from 4chan so take that as you will
image.jpg

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I don't get it. when has 4chan ever been right on rumors? I'm actually curious though.
4chan is weird. A LOT of the leaks are obviously fake, however some of them turn out to be true (ESRB Smash 4 leak, Pokemon leaks, etc.). Honestly, it would be interesting to see Namco Bandai have the series. Not sure how it would go, but I would need to see it.

And to put in bias, if it's true, Snake would then sky rocket in chances if it's real.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm just posting this for speculation and just general discussion. I doubt if it real but it's of major interest now with a company like Namco in play for MG series in general

View attachment 67795
This would be great for the series.
For Snake's chances this would be kinda weird. The ip will probably be bought after DLC is over, so I dunno what affect this would have snake's chances.

But if Namco works on the next smash game, maybe snake will have a better shot of getting in than ever.
Unless this is fake that is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Snake returning would be better than just about any other Namco character. I'm not a Tekken fan and while I want Dig Dug I doubt he'd be in for several reasons. (Damnit DA)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If it were true, that could also mean a long wait for Snake in Smash.
Would make "Kept you waiting, huh?" very necessary.

If this is true and snake doesn't make it back in as dlc, then at least we'll have a pretty good chance of him returning in a future game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

View attachment 67795
If that were to be true, then as some here say, it would blow Snake's chances through the roof.
Of course, until all has come to light with DLC, Snake will continue to "keep us waiting"

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Oh my jeez, Namco Bandai also publishes my favorite series, the Souls series. Now they might pick up Metal Gear, my SECOND favorite series?

4Chan leaks are generally fake, but 4chan is where most leaks happen. If this is real, I wouldn't even be mad.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

I know a lot of people say Brawl is boring to watch because of the "slow floatiness", but watching a skilled Snake player in Brawl is still one of the most exciting things in Smash for me. And that's coming from someone who prefers Melee's speed.

PM Snake matches are fun to watch too, but there's just something special about watching Snake kicking butt in Brawl.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

I know a lot of people say Brawl is boring to watch because of the "slow floatiness", but watching a skilled Snake player in Brawl is still one of the most exciting things in Smash for me. And that's coming from someone who prefers Melee's speed.

PM Snake matches are fun to watch too, but there's just something special about watching Snake kicking butt in Brawl.
I love watching Brawl. It's intense, but allows me to analyze and engross myself in the match. Melee is too fast and Smash 4 is stale. Snake too. He is is so fun to watch.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
To keep with my theme of randomly dropping in asking questions about Smash/MG to raise hype for Snake's hopeful return, I'd like to ask you all.

What's your favorite moment from the entire Metal Gear series? I know there's a lot, so go ahead and list a couple if you'd like, along with why you love them so much.

Mine? I have a ton. Metal Gear Solid 3 in its entirety is amazing. Just the themes of innocence lost are amazing, and I'm completely convinced the Boss is my favorite character from the series. I absolutely love how in the transition to Peace Walker, you can see Big Boss going from a sorta goofy soldier to a completely broken man, latching on to his former mentors ideals to drive himself as everything he ever believed in was ripped from him. Bonus points because his interpretation of the Boss' will isn't concrete, and he doesn't even actually understand what the Boss wanted for the world. I love how we can watch his entire story, grappling with her ideals and him trying to figure out exactly what to believe in. I absolutely can't wait for Phantom Pain. I love themes like this, which is probably why I love Berserk to no end.

Meryl in her entirety in Metal Gear Solid is fantastic. I totally wasn't expecting to care about her. I remember being stuck on that torture sequence for three days (my poor thumbs couldn't take it) because I didn't want her to be in any danger. I actually felt responsible for her fate.

Metal Gear Solid 2 in its entirety I consider to be a masterpiece. I honestly loved Raiden and his relationship with Rose. If I had played MGS2 on release I probably would have been pissed about playing as Raiden instead of Snake, but eh. I actually didn't like his character in Rising much, but I can see how people really liked him there more than in MGS2.

The End is my favorite boss in any game. So fun.

Metal Gear Solid 4's Act 4 is my favorite level of any game, holy crap. I can't believe how well done it was! Especially the obvious contrast between Crying Wolf's bossfight and The End's. One synergizes with nature, and the other completely rips it apart in a man made nanomachine thing with a huge railgun.

The ending of Peace Walker, and holy CRAP Rising's final boss. Solidus is super hype as well, I wish we knew a bit more about him.

Sorry for the long post, I got pretty caught up in all the awesome this series has to offer. I know most of my points were "I like this entire game" when I'm asking for specific moments, but oh well. What can you do. I guess I should be mad at Kojima for making masterpieces.

edit: count how many times I reuse the same intro to a sentence or adjectives. This is why you don't post at 4:30 in the morning, lol.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I haven't played much Metal Gear, but the climactic reveal in MGS2 stands out to me as a defining moment in vidya history.

My 10-year-old mind was blown every-damn-where, I tell ya!

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
My first time fighting Psycho Mantis was the moment I discovered how special the series was. After Playing Brawl, I expected Metal Gear to just be a fun, quirky stealth game. But when Psycho Mantis started reading my memory card and moving my controller with his mind, I realized how much love and thought was put into the series. In my opinion, the love and effort put into Metal Gear is what makes it feel like it belongs in Smash.

Also, MGS2 Raiden is best Raiden. I even came up with a dumb semi-clone idea for Raiden that would make him a faster, lighter Snake that makes use out of his high frequency blade for most of his tilts and smash attacks. His grenades could be replaced with white phosphorous grenades, his cypher recover could be electrical like in PM, the Nikita could be replaced with a tranq gun, and the dash attack could be replaced with Raiden's cartwheel.

That's all I have thought up at the moment. It's pretty much impossible to happen, but I think it could be pretty interesting.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
SO YOU'VE PLAYED SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE BEFORE

Considering Twin Snakes was after Melee, that's sneaky ass foreshadowing.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
My favourite moments (in order of which game I played) are the battle with The End (it was pure genious and fun, plus I always like old character) and the final blow to The Boss (which I actually shoted for error without thinking) in MGS3. Then I also liked the battle against Dirty Duck and Running Man in the MSX games. In MGS I loved/hated the "infinite stair run", while in MGS2 I enjoiyed the final part (after nude Raiden), but my most favourite moments in MGS (and probably all gaming) are MGS4 Final Boss and the dating sim mission with Paz in PW.

Regarding the Bandai-buying-MGS thing...I'm not sure. Fisrt of all, haven't Konami confirmed to be already planning to do another MGS game after TPP and, even if it would make his return a lot easier for future Smashs, I'm not sure if BN is the best developer for MG. They are good develoopers, but mostly for fighting games, so I'm simply not sure if theywould be able to do a MG game right...

Top Bottom