• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Okay, I figured it out, kinda.

If your opponent is out of range of your HA, you can control it via b-reversals.
If your opponent is in range, then that's when you start doing stupid crap like bouncing back and forth forever.

Also, I want someone to take a look into this:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173957

some weird slide out of a sidestep.
You scrutinize every freaking board don'tcha?

As useful as it seems, Undr said it was for Pit and Ganon only. It seems if he knows that Ganon could do it he would have tested with most if not all the characters.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
^I don't think it's just for those two, it looks like he's just pivoting out of a side-step which should yield a slide for all characters.

Tenki

Smash Hero

As useful as it seems, Undr said it was for Pit and Ganon only. It seems if he knows that Ganon could do it he would have tested with most if not all the characters.
Well, I play other characters, too @.@;

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I can't seem to find the thread about the slow run. Can someone point me to that?

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I found a weird glitch with Sonic getting grabbed. I don't know if it has any practical applications, or really any applications, but if it can be replicated it's probably something that should be looked at. Here's the thing I wrote in the thread I made before I found this one:

"I'm not coming in here claiming to have discovered something, I just want to know what happened. I was playing online against a guy in a Sonic ditto. While he was charging a spindash (don't remember which one, I didn't take the time to notice), I ran up and shield grabbed him. When I grabbed him, his body went into the "Holy crap, I've been grabbed!" animation, but it was all twitchy and spinny. I don't know if there's any use to this because I threw him pretty quickly, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Of course playing two controllers by yourself is pretty hard... I think it was either lag that did it (even though I've honestly never seen lag do something that weird in Brawl), or something to do with the point of the attack he was in when I grabbed him. So has this happened to anybody else?"

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

no. youre totally right. dude is EVERYWHERE. its crazy, he has like double or triple my post count and hes only been on for like 2 months

LuCKy

Smash Master
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anyone do a triple up b yet?

pretty sure it would ****,someone try it lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
Glide toss

Oh yeah, you might as well put in Glide Toss. For the uninformed, Glide Tossing is a way of sliding and throwing small items at the same time.

Input is:

Roll in the direction you want to move + C-stick in the direction you want to throw.

It's too useful when fighting Diddy Kong, ZSS, Wario, and Link. Maybe Snake too, but I haven't fought any of those lately. It's a nice approach/retreat tool.

Since Sonic's roll has so much velocity, you get a pretty crazy slide from it :)

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Just a little note: Dair cancelling can be done by hitting R an instant before touching the ground if it's used at a high enough angle. This allows the user to hit somebody if they're close to it AND have no landing lag, going straight into a dash. I'm not sure if it's a tech or an extremely short air dodge, but it's extremely useful for getting to where Sonic needs to be: On the ground.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You don't have to hit shield. You just land and do whatever from around the top of up-B's height.

I'm not sure if the airdodge-into-ground really eliminates landing lag though. I'll mess around with that later.

Browny

Smash Hater
n-air into the ground eleimated practically all lag, although you do have to use the d-air from very high up for the majority of the nair animation to end

Tenki

Smash Hero
No, N-air has landing lag.

For the majority of the time, it's not noticeable, but it's there.

Tenki

Smash Hero
D-air momentum cancel

@.@ here's something weird:

D-air momentum cancel:
This may not be what you think, so I'll just give an explanation first, then a tldr.
As you know, falling with D-air = superuberfast. Like, faster than fastfall fast. And it has a pretty nice telegraphed recovery point that will tend to be camped by good players.

Well, say you're using D-air from off-screen, and you see the guy charging something to punish your landing. You know your landing vulnerability frames will kill you, so you can't airdodge. You can't fall a B-air or F/N-air because of startup or landing lag, so how do you avoid it?

Fast fall.

Apparently, after you gain control again and can start a new move, you can tap down to go to fastfall speed, which is considerably slower. It sounds counterintuitive but fastfalling makes you fall slower @.@;

random tidbit for situational use :x

tl;dr/button input:
high D-air > fastfall

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So fast fall just makes you fall at a certain speed? Which is always faster than regular fall speed but not as fast as Dair.......

So if you get spiked from high up. Do you think you can slow momentum by Fastfalling?

Guess it doesn't matter. I can't see where it would be better than just jumping but it's a weird thought.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I think I might have found something.......While have having friendlies with a Ness online I daired into hisVb (that magnet field thingXD)

We were both in the air(he had jumped up,and I was falling down). But instead of plowing into him like I thought,I just floated in the dair animation,as if I had been hit upwards.

Anyone experience this before? I didn't see anything about it in this thread,But if it's been discovered already,then ignore it....

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if this has been added but this is an extra note to the Spin Dash Canceling Side-B Version (Version 1)

As far as I know this works with the Wiimote/Nunchuck, but when using Side-B and immediately pressing A you can Spin Dash Cancel into a Grab if timed right.

It's worked for me a lot, but I don't know if you can use this trick on a GC Controller.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
@Terios, No because you're in hitstun and DI'ing is the only thing you can do at that point. I'm not an expert on the subject but I'm reasonably confident that your momentum will not be significantly altered if you attempt to fastfall it.

@super, dunno what that is, sounds like you got hit up at some point.

Dragn, you can shield out of side-b, so shield grabbing should be just as easy. I dunno how classic/wiimotes differ but basically if you know how to shield out of side-b you know how to grab out of side-b.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
True, I did forget about the shield grab. My bad on that part. XD

This I guess would be just a way to use it without having to pull up the shield, but that particular way would (I assume) work on the Wiimote/Nunchuck only.

But you are right, shield grabbing works just as well. =P

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You can grab out of side B by pressing your grab button instead of shielding (Z on GC controller). Using A+B too late on the wiichuck gives you a spinshot.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
Ok cool so that is doable on a GC Controller. Just wondering. =D

And yea I already mentioned that. It takes proper timing to use it in the Wiimote/Nunchuck.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
Yea but I found that the Wiimote/Nunchuck's B+A to grab was pretty easy, so I switched the other grab set (The D-pad) to the smash attacks, so I would still have a C-Stick. XD

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
@Terios, No because you're in hitstun and DI'ing is the only thing you can do at that point. I'm not an expert on the subject but I'm reasonably confident that your momentum will not be significantly altered if you attempt to fastfall it.

@super, dunno what that is, sounds like you got hit up at some point.

Dragn, you can shield out of side-b, so shield grabbing should be just as easy. I dunno how classic/wiimotes differ but basically if you know how to shield out of side-b you know how to grab out of side-b.
I was hit up,but like the post said, I was already back to falling down when I executed the dair.

I don't have anyone to play against offline. But maybe someone here who does can try to replicate it?

Just have Ness jump and do that projectile absorb attack while Sonic's falling downwards after being hit,and Dair right on top of it.

Hope that doesn't confusingXD

Napilopez

Smash Lord
This is random and I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but since I don't think its useful enough to deserve it own thread, I'm just post it here.

If your enemy is standing next to the ledge, and you Spindash into him or her, then you will do an automatic 21% damage ZOMG cuz apparently you connect first with the standard roll and then go immediately go into an ASC hit for the extra 11%. Or at least on FD, haven't tried on other stages, but it works consistently on FD.

Just a nice thing to know.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It also works in that one part (top of the arch/tower with the giant golden star) in Delfino. I get people who are hiding in the corners with that lol.

Just a note, since I've been dying stupidly this way: don't do a spindash/charge from a double jump and roll off a platform, especially the main stage platform @.@

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It also works in that one part (top of the arch/tower with the giant golden star) in Delfino. I get people who are hiding in the corners with that lol.

Just a note, since I've been dying stupidly this way: don't do a spindash/charge from a double jump and roll off a platform, especially the main stage platform @.@
Haha, tell me about it, I always do the same :p

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I always cringe when I see people die like that in matches...
It's just like... UGGGH COME ON YOU GUYS! WE HAVE AN IMAGE TO BUILD! Can't be suiciding left and right >.<

Also, to that little tidbit napilopez, posted, they have to be grounded right? Otherwise won't the first hit knock them out of range?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I always cringe when I see people die like that in matches...
It's just like... UGGGH COME ON YOU GUYS! WE HAVE AN IMAGE TO BUILD! Can't be suiciding left and right >.<

Also, to that little tidbit napilopez, posted, they have to be grounded right? Otherwise won't the first hit knock them out of range?
lol i hate it when i'm on AiB or something, play against someone, and after the match I get a PM like "wow good sonic" then the next game I have a 1 stock and 100%+ lead and after I die, suicide at 0% during an edgeguard or spindash. such a fail ;_;

Also, if this is what you mean:
If your enemy is standing next to the ledge, and you Spindash into him or her, then you will do an automatic 21% damage ZOMG cuz apparently you connect first with the standard roll and then go immediately go into an ASC hit for the extra 11%. Or at least on FD, haven't tried on other stages, but it works consistently on FD.
Grounded, yes. I think I've hit people during a ledgejump with it before, too, since they're low enough/close enough to the edge to get hit by the SDR.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Few things are more satisfying than playing on a walk off stage and getting edge camped. Then you just Spin dash and use the carry frames to knock them out.

Too bad it never works a second time. T_T

Top Bottom