• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Tin Man

Smash Hero
THE NEW PR

The round had two really big tournaments. No BS 2 reached 37 entrants in singles, while SiD 5 reached 44! On top of that, this update is particularly special because it is the first time the PR is getting updated since the MK ban. I'm sure that several people are curious to see how the results will play out.

The PR was created using the last 3 tournaments (No BS 2, Warlock's Domain, SiD 5 (with previous tournaments for reference if need be))

So without further ado, here are the new Southern Ontario Brawl Power Rankings!

Collapsed for suspense ;)

[collapse=1.][YRSF] Tin Man: Wasn't out placed by anyone in Ontario.[/collapse]

[collapse=2.]Meekspeedy: Has remained very consistent in placings. Has only lost to [YRSF] Tin Man & Suzaku in this round. He was also able to beat Stroumbert which is an amazing accomplishment.[/collapse]

[collapse=3.]Suzaku: Placed remarkably well at both No BS 2 and SiD 5. He'd defeated several PR members such as Cruxis and V115, and he's 2-0 in sets against Meekspeedy. He also beaten Quebec PR players such as Darkshadow. And he's 2-0 with Stroumbert! He's underneath Meekspeedy for being far too new, therefore rewarding Meekspeedy for his consistency and attendance.[/collapse]

[collapse=4.]V115: Wining Warlock's domain helped boost his placement by a lot. He beat Toronto Joe along the way, which is a feat that not many other have accomplished. His placings are overall better than those below him, yet worse than those above him. Unlike the 3 players above him, V115 was not successful in beating Stroumbert.[/collapse]

[collapse=5.]sauc3: He's lost to Suzaku, Meekspeedy, and V115 in the past. However has good placings at the tourneys in this round and he also showed a strong performance at Axs 3 in Syracus, New York.[/collapse]

[collapse=6.]Ambrose: After being on a long hiatus, he's returned and with a very strong showing as well. He defeated Toronto Joe, something that only V115 has done. He also managed to beat V115, although his set count with him is 1-3. He also beat Poke.[/collapse]

[collapse=7.]Zhao: In order to determine this placing, his accomplishment as an HM was considered. This refers to him getting 5th place at SiD 4. Then his losses where also considered. He has only lost to Stroumbert, Meekspeedy, and Ally. This helps separate him from most of those below him since he's only lost to high ranking players. The final factor that was considered was his doubles performance at SiD 5.[/collapse]

[collapse=8.]Iliad: Dropped due to a poor performance at SiD 5, losing to unranked players such as Raidos and Culex. The accomplishments of those above him exceed what Iliad has been able to accomplish, however his placings are still better than most of the community.[/collapse]

[collapse=9.]i1337: This situation is very similar to Iliad. Iliad's attendance was his redeeming factor in this decision. i1337 was not present at SiD 4. So after looking back 1 tourney, It was decided that Iliad's attendance as well as his placement at that tourney would push him above i1337.[/collapse]

[collapse=10.]Peachy: Peachy was supposed to be an honourable mention due to only attending 1 tourney in this round, but due to Toronto Joe requesting to be removed from the PR, we felt that his performance was far too strong at SiD 5 (beating i1337 ans Sauc3), therefore ignoring him only being to 1 tournament, and placing him on the PR.[/collapse]

Honorable Mentions:

[collapse=HM]Gichan: Strong performance at No BS 2, however due to no follow up of this performance, He wasn't able to advance to the PR.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Mr.L: He was able to maintain due to his average performance at the tournaments in this round. He lost to RedX and Supreme Dirt at No BS 2, however he beat i1337 and placed relatively well at SiD 5.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Poke: Lost to Red X and Leafshadow at SiD 5, resulting in a rather poor performance for a PR member. Therefore placing him among the other HMs since his placings are better than the unranked players.[/collapse]

[collapse=HM]Raidos: Placed consistently well enough at No BS 2, and SiD 5 (beating Iliad) to be a an HM. [/collapse]

[collapse=HM]RedX: Attendance helped RedX a lot. He's been to every tourney that was weighed this round, and he defeated Poke at SiD 5, therefore resulting in placing him as an HM.[/collapse]

Drop-outs:

[collapse=Drop-out]Hype/cMeDu: Inactivity[/collapse]

[collapse=Drop-out]Cruxis/Phiddlesticks: Placed low at No BS 2, then became inactive.[/collapse]

[collapse=Drop-out]Toronto Joe: Requested to be removed[/collapse]

My personal shoutouts to those not on the list :bee:

[collapse=Shout out]Leafshadow: Keep playing bro, trust me, your gradually improving :bee:.[/collapse]

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I think one of those PR members should be a little higher, imo.
No bias of course.

Also no Joe, what is this world coming to.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
****ing Suzaku

Just for getting ranked above me, I'm gonna refer to him as Sudoku for the rest of my life.

Edit: Just noticed, all the brown people in our scene are on the PR.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Good **** everyone, especially V115 and Red X :)

:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
joe r u ****tin me lol wtf

also i thought we were restarting the PR fresh after the MK ban.. whats the point of an update?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
joe r u ****tin me lol wtf

also i thought we were restarting the PR fresh after the MK ban.. whats the point of an update?
the panelists apparently never agreed to this even though i was under this impression also, hence why i took myself off the PR cause im done arguing about these things and my focus isnt on local tourney performance, id rather give people who are more active the exposure and recognition

Cruxis

Smash Lord
lol lets make our own MK banned restart PR then

tin can keep this one for himself i guess

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ian tin isnt the only person to blame as theres 4 panelists so dont lash out on him(one of the few times ill defend you tinners lol)

i personally didnt care about the update and just went with whatever he showed me cause i was upset last night, so ill own up to my apathy as a fault, i woulda noticed that today

Patches

Smash Master
Sorry to hear you were down broski. Chin up.

But in all seriousness, this is complete bull****. Compare RedX's achievements too mine recently. Weve been to roughly the same amount of tournaments. I might have missrd like.. Two for work. Roughly same tournaments since he showed up.

He beats poke. 10th on the PR. I 2-0 i1337. 5th on the pr at the time. Yet, hes placed above me. And in i1337s description, isnt even mentioned that he lost to me. Honesntly, this **** isnt right. Thats why theres a big **** you pointed at tin right now. I ****ing do amazing at a tournament, and im not eveb mentioned. Thanks for the moral support tin.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Wow back up on the Pr~ Yay for a shiny new Peach face on the front page~ <3 Intresting enough how attendance seems to weigh more than skill level. No disrespect to anyone on the Pr just an observation I made.

Ian... I was so sure you woulda made HM :/ You played extremely well!

Just noticed two Bramptonians on the Pr~ Haha yay for Brampton rep!~ (Screw the fact we are in "peel")

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Ambrose beating me isn't THAT big of a deal, I've only ever beat his Metaknight, Ice Climbers are just.. horrid.
Though, I DO feel this PR was kind of Rushed, as well, Patches deserves to be an HM, 2-0ing i1337 is pretty big.

Anyway, Glad to be off the PR. Never wanted to be on it in the First place. I wanted to.. Beat all PR Memebers, then get on Pr, haha.
I have.. Suzaku, Meek and Illiad to knock off my list.

Iliad

Smash Lord
For the record, I pushed for Ian to be made HM. Originally, it was peachy. RedX was never on. Peachy / Raidos bumped him off originally. After joe asked to be removed, RedX was put on. I didn't notice it myself at first, but there was originally debate about RedX having placed better than you at the last tourney, and him attending more.

That being said. The PR as it stands right now is final until the next update, if you feel like you should be on the PR or HM, come to the next tourney and kick some ***.

*edit*

The PR was not rushed. The PR was calculated including three tournies. It hasn't been updated since like SiD3 or SiD4 iirc. If you have no idea what goes on regarding the PR, don't talk about **** you don't know.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Wow back up on the Pr~ Yay for a shiny new Peach face on the front page~ <3 Intresting enough how attendance seems to weigh more than skill level. No disrespect to anyone on the Pr just an observation I made.
Attendance helps reflect consistency. Ranking an individual off a few performances legit is a gamble.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ambrose beating me isn't THAT big of a deal, I've only ever beat his Metaknight, Ice Climbers are just.. horrid.
Though, I DO feel this PR was kind of Rushed, as well, Patches deserves to be an HM, 2-0ing i1337 is pretty big.

Anyway, Glad to be off the PR. Never wanted to be on it in the First place. I wanted to.. Beat all PR Memebers, then get on Pr, haha.
You should have used ZSS against his ICs. Just space everything and suddenly the MU is like +3 XD

Wait, you've beaten Tin in tourney?

My list (people I've yet to take sets off of in tourney) consists of Tin, Meek, Sudoku, Zhao, Peachy, Cruxis and Gi.

And of course, everyone from Quebec, but they don't count :awesome:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Alright, Cruxis will be on my list too.
And Joe too.

And.. I said 'I feel', I didn't say 'The PR was rushed, Do it over!'.
Swearing isn't needed, doesn't make a point any stronger.

Patches

Smash Master
I can agree to RedX outpacing me at Alex's tournament. I had my own johns. I was worried about Alex. I was sore from taking shots for Alex. I was worried about going home. I wasn't in a brawl mindset.

But I also think beating i1337 is a much higher accomplishment than beating Poke. I just think, other than you Iliad, I was overlooked. Even though I did damn well.

Edit: when I go to the next tournament and do ****ing amazing, only to be an HM at the end of it, imma be pissed all over again.

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
Thank you to all 4 panelists! This is the biggest accomplishment in my brawl career =') I want to represent Ontario and then move onto representing all of Canada as a good player in the near future ;D Who/What is Sudoku (that number puzzle game)?

-Googs

Smash Lord
I'm with ian one this one, he certainly deserves a spot more than some of the other people. Chin up Ian, you'll always be on the Whitby PR homie

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I can see where patches is coming from. Not just beating i1337 (who at the time was PR'ed 5th) but 2-0ing him is pretty deserving of making the PR.

But, due to how he did @ Cruxis' tourney (legit johns) I can see why he's not PR'ed. Buttttt I can't see why he wouldn't be at least HM. yee cruxis' tourney, we all heard the story my mans, so it's understandable why you'd place rather poorly.

Iliad brought you up, and brought up your win, but it was kinda overlooked because of your other placing in comparison to how other people are doing. You did fantastic this past tourney, and pulled in not just a really solid win against a PR member, but the one who was 5th at the time. I think you should be HM, and next update (depending on how well you do) will determine if you make PR or not.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman

Poke outside of wifi, you have still yet to beat me in tourney. (brax matches) <3

-Googs

Smash Lord
Never understood why poke was ever ranked or HM. Not being a douche but I just don't get it, he never really beat anybody notable and has lost a lot. He finished 4th at some tourney that not a lot of people went to? *shrug* Maybe I'm missing something.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
At that tourney, He beat Gichan and i1337 who were both PR'd, and we wasn't placing to bad at other tourneys iirc.

And Patches, we'll remember your seeding for future tourneys/the next update. It was a pretty close decision.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
13th, 17th, 25th who knows how many times... 9th, 13th, 17th, etc etc.. 4th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 21st.
I think I should be ranked as the most in consistent player in Ontario.
I'm not THAT good.
And considering how many times Gi and I have played In friendlies and in Tourney..
I think at almost all tourneys Gi and I were at.. I played him.
The win was bound to happen.

Though, Glad I was taken off, especially since there ARE better players than me that aren't on, haha.

-Googs

Smash Lord
At that tourney, He beat Gichan and i1337 who were both PR'd, and we wasn't placing to bad at other tourneys iirc.

And Patches, we'll remember your seeding for future tourneys/the next update. It was a pretty close decision.
Dunno but it sounds to me like il337 loses to a lot of lower ranked players and even unranked *shrug* Gi's not ranked either. He wasn't placing bad....but he wasn't placing good either? I just don't understand what gave him this position at all really.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I understand what ur saying. At the time, i1337 beat JMo (happened at SiD 2 & JMo was 3rd). He then beat Cruxis at SiD 3 who was also ranked pretty high because of his win on Stroumbert and Guard and getting 4th at CoD.

The other thing about this PR is that we don't put someone on PR for 1 tourney. So some of the people who would have been able to replace i1337 (say Peachy) couldn't because of inconsistent attendance. So that's why i1337 was so high up for so long.

Hope that helps explain :).

Top Bottom