• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Something that could perhaps be thrown in spoilers? Average tournament placings for our region:

Organized by
(Average Placing). (Smasher) ([Monster Smash]/[Preservation]/[Pharaoh]/[Ontario Pwns])
2. Toronto Joe (2/2/-/-)
3.5. Tin Man (3/4/-/-)
5. Ambrose (5/5/-/-)
5. Culex (-/5/-/-)
5. Silver Doc (5/-/-/-)
6.5. Raidos (4/9/-/-)
7. J.L. (7/-/-/-)
8. Gichan (9/7/-/-)
9. Logan (-/9/-/-)
9. M Prime (9/9/-/-)
9. Phiddlesticks (9/9/-/-)
9. SRTM (9/-/-/-)
10. Iliad (7/13/-/-)
10. Rhyme (13/7/-/-)
13. AvariceX (13/-/-/-)
13. Jasuke (13/13/-/-)
13. JMO (13/-/-/-)
13. Tdawg (-/13/-/-)
15. Patches (17/13/-/-)
17. XP (-/17/-/-)
17. Carter (17/-/-/-)
17. HrcPoke (17/17/-/-)
17. nekonekoXD (17/-/-/-)
17. Puffmaster (17/-/-/-)
19. Skyler Silver (17/21/-/-)
21. Looftwaffles (25/17/-/-)
21. Pills (17/25/-/-)
21. Supreme Dirt (25/17/-/-)
21. Zetsu (17/25/-/-)
23. .exe (25/21/-/-)
23. Jabu (25/21/-/-)
23. Zef (25/21/-/-)
25. Coast (25/25/-/-)
25. fUddO (25/-/-/-)
25. Karthig (-/25/-/-)
25. Zero (25/-/-/-)
29. Niko (-/29/-/-)
29. Revenege (-/29/-/-)
33. Krow (33/-/-/-)

Alternative list that replaces Average placing with relative placing compared to rest of list:
1. Toronto Joe (2/2/-/-)
2. Tin Man (3/4/-/-)
3. Ambrose (5/5/-/-)
3. Culex (-/5/-/-)
3. Silver Doc (5/-/-/-)
4. Raidos (4/9/-/-)
5. J.L. (7/-/-/-)
6. Gichan (9/7/-/-)
7. Logan (-/9/-/-)
8. M Prime (9/9/-/-)
8. Phiddlesticks (9/9/-/-)
8. SRTM (9/-/-/-)
9. Iliad (7/13/-/-)
9. Rhyme (13/7/-/-)
10. AvariceX (13/-/-/-)
10. Jasuke (13/13/-/-)
10. JMO (13/-/-/-)
10. Tdawg (-/13/-/-)
11. Patches (17/13/-/-)
12. XP (-/17/-/-)
12. Carter (17/-/-/-)
12. HrcPoke (17/17/-/-)
12. nekonekoXD (17/-/-/-)
12. Puffmaster (17/-/-/-)
13. Skyler Silver (17/21/-/-)
14. Looftwaffles (25/17/-/-)
14. Pills (17/25/-/-)
14. Supreme Dirt (25/17/-/-)
14. Zetsu (17/25/-/-)
15. .exe (25/21/-/-)
15. Jabu (25/21/-/-)
15. Zef (25/21/-/-)
16. Coast (25/25/-/-)
16. fUddO (25/-/-/-)
16. Karthig (-/25/-/-)
16. Zero (25/-/-/-)
17. Niko (-/29/-/-)
18. Revenege (-/29/-/-)
19. Krow (33/-/-/-)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
wow dirt gettin to work. Just note the differences between this list and the PR. 1 flaw is that if someone came and won a tourney and only ever went to that tourney, they'd have the highest score on that list.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
wow dirt gettin to work. Just note the differences between this list and the PR. 1 flaw is that if someone came and won a tourney and only ever went to that tourney, they'd have the highest score on that list.
Yeah, the list has it's flaws. I'm currently considering ways of weighting each tourney, with recent tourneys weighted more heavily than past ones.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Wow at the drama in this thread.

Pound V is unfortunately really bad timing for me, but Elliot let me know what's up with Sun Rise Tourney. I'm seriously considering going to Japan for that (especially given that the Saturday of SRT is my 25th birthday lol).

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Wow at the drama in this thread.

Pound V is unfortunately really bad timing for me, but Elliot let me know what's up with Sun Rise Tourney. I'm seriously considering going to Japan for that (especially given that the Saturday of SRT is my 25th birthday lol).
Aight lol

Ally, you and your bro + sword coming?

If so, our 5th could room with you guys.
Where?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Video section has been updated with new vids (for those it can apply to). Hopefully we can catch even more videos this time around. this is an opportunity to see your competition one more time before this sat.

Also, interviews will be coming up. Maybe get some pre thoughtsd to upcvoming tournament.

Tin Man will be conducting Rhyme interview and I will be conducting Iliad's interview. Hopefully before this sat.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Iliad interview coming tonight or tomorrow. It's quite long.

I am liking these interviews a lot. Either conducting them or reading them from others so I really hope you guys appreciate the work and enjoy reading them to. Sometimes you get a different perspective on people through these.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Alright Iliad one is finished. Dud saved the other two interviews so don't worry they aren't lost. She web printed them and will crop them sometime this week and I'll put the links up.

Next up is

Iliad Edition: Joe
probably Ambrose

Or if someone steps up at this tourney we'll intverview them.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Damn. I didn't know my interview was so sexy. How much of that did you make up on the spot Christian? Definitely that part about me having your back for sure. :D

Mad homo guys, for reals. You're all my brothers unless stated otherwise.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Damn. I didn't know my interview was so sexy. How much of that did you make up on the spot Christian? Definitely that part about me having your back for sure. :D

Mad homo guys, for reals. You're all my brothers unless stated otherwise.
My world kind of shattered. Those glasses sparked endless nights of fantasies and red wine

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
While I haven't been around recently, I would love to do an interview GI, I can't tell you anyone who could vocalize more og shiz about the scene than yours truly.

Gichan

Smash Champion
While I haven't been around recently, I would love to do an interview GI, I can't tell you anyone who could vocalize more og shiz about the scene than yours truly.
yyeeeee nate!! I'd love that man. Sure we'll do it up. Next set of interviews will be in two weeks.

Gichan

Smash Champion
PR is now updated.

Tin Man discussed that we should divde players by region seeing as it actually strengthens regions rather than having cities spread out that individualy contain a small amount of players (except whitby lol, but they will also fall under durham). Best example is York. Tin and joe are both vaughan, jMo is in richmond hill, and pharaoh (when he returns in summer) is in Markham. Why all be categorized individually when they all fall under York region?

I feel this is a necessary change, I hope you all approve.

Congratulations to all those who made the PR and Dan Da Man making Honorable Mentions.

jMo, congratulations for finally making it, you are mad legit but please prove you earned this spot.

The Ontario Pwn Classic on February 20th will mildly affect PR. Thisis for now seeing as 8 of the PR members will not or cannot attend this tournament. Therefore if Ambrose does not make it to the tournament he will be removed leaving one spot on PR available. There are also two Honorable Mention spots that have not been filled in. At the OPC, we will evaluate two to three members to fill these spots. Even if you do not get on the list, or we do not update it immediately after OPC, we will hold your positive placings as an argument for you in the next update, so there's still a lot to fight for. See you all then.

Check in later this week Da Hype will be updated, there's just soooo much to say lol.

upcoming interviews will be two of the following:

Iliad Edition: Joe
Dud.Michelle (the one behind the idea of Da Hype)
MPrime
Swordgard

Tin Man

Smash Hero
All right guys, here it is

1. Toronto Joe: Joe has kept placing above everyone else in the region in singles. He defeated Swordgard, and has a winning record against anyone else in the region since the new season. Since he is undefeated in singles by anyone and he is the only one to beat Swordgard and Holy, he still maintains his position on our PR.

2. Tin Man: I was able to team with an unranked player and maintain the same momentum and prowess in doubles, even defeating Toronto Joe and Iliad. Has a winning record over everyone else in the region besides Toronto Joe and Raidos. While Raidos is 1-1 with me, I’m 2-0 with Ambrose who has beaten Raidos, and I have a far better doubles record.

3. Raidos: Was able to defeat me at Pharaoh’s Judgement. This success has negated his losses to Rhyme and Gichan to some extent. Good doubles performances also help justify his rank.

4. Culex: He defeated Raidos at the preservation, and placed 5th in singles at the 2 tourneys he has been to. While he did suffer a loss to Ambrose, ultimately it is his ability to place well at Pharaoh’s Judgement. The hardest tournament in the region’s new season so far.

5. Ambrose: Went to 2 tournaments and placed 5th twice like Culex, has placed better than Culex in doubles and beat Culex at the preservation, however not going to Pharaoh’s hurt his placing. In addition, we might not be seeing much more of Ambrose in the future.

6. Gichan: The only person below him who he lost to in singles is Iliad. He has beaten Raidos and King Kong at Pharaoh’s Judgement, and these two accomplishments really allowed him to maintain his position. The only person who hindered his progress is remorse due to getting 2-0’d by him.

7. Iliad: Excellent doubles performance at Pharoah’s judgement. He also managed to defeat Gichan. Other than that, he has lost to, or not placed as well as everyone above him, and has outplaced everyone below him more times than they have bested him. He lost as set to Phiddlesticks so that is a little set back and thus places him here.

8. Phiddlesticks: He has shown consistency in getting 9th 3 times in a row. He also defeated Iliad at the preservation. The main factor here is his consistency. Therefore allowing him to achieve this position.

9. Rhyme: Poor performance at Pharaoh’s Judgement. Losing to Jasuke then Sauc3. Defeating Raidos and having a great performance at the preservation is what is keeping him up here. His doubles performances aren’t that bad either.

10. JMo: Achieving honourable mentions after the monster smash allowed him to maintain a certain reputation even after not showing up for the preservation. While he lost to Darkshadow whom Phiddlesticks and Rhyme beat, he was able to defeat Jasuke in the tournament and again for the 10th spot. Ultimately, his biggest accomplishment is placing in 2nd with doubles with me, beating teams like Gichan & King Kong, Raidos & Culex, Swordgard & Googs, and even Iliad & Toronto Joe. Even though I was his partner, no scrub could have made it that far.

HM:

Da-Da-Man: To be able to go to his 1st tournament and place as well as 13th among names like Sauc3, Jasuke, and Dark Shadow is extremely impressive. He got 2nd seed in his pool which had Swordgard, Arrows, and Mprime. He managed to beat Arrows who beat Mprime and then managed to make it to 13th place by winning twice in bracket.

Jasuke: Jasuke has consistently made it out of pools and placed about the same at all 3 tournaments in the new season. He even managed to take a set off Rhyme. Jasuke was really close to making the PR. He lost to JMo in tourney, and had the chance to make it to the PR, but lost to him again in the PR set.

Mprime: Even though he had a lacklustre performance at Pharaoh’s judgement, his history in singles and doubles is still good enough to allow him to maintain his position as an honourable mention. However it’s fairly borderline. He can’t afford to suffer any more tragic losses.

Drop Outs:

Doc and JL have both dropped out of the PR due to not showing up to 2 tournaments. This has made it quite easier for certain people below to get on the PR since 2 spots have to be filled.

Logan dropped out of honourable mentions due to not being able to participate in Pharaoh’s judgement and therefore was unable to defend or reinforce his position.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
in my opinion we need to start updating at the very least every 2 tournaments,despite our tourneys being held on average once a month we need to create some stability in the list,its too sparatic to be constantly updated and now that we have a decent foundation of tournament history this season to work from i think itd be best,ive told the panelists but im putting it here just so other people can have input to

congrats to everyone who made it and improved!

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys.

Mprime set was Falco vs DK; I'm surprised I took even a game off with so much cg coming my way.

Anyway, I'll try and make it out next time, see you there ;)

Gichan

Smash Champion
Joe I definitely don't agree and will gladly argue it as strong as I can. I think I have many legit points to back it up and will be happy to do so someday on msn. Or collectively with all panelists to come to a conclusion.

But it does not necessarily mean after EVERY tourney, but if things get rattled, then yes. OPC is an example of a tourney that will not really affect the PR so no need for an update.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Just want to mention this - it gives everyone not on the power rankings more motivation to show up and do well if you update every tournament.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^^

That's one point, and I totally feel that myself. the only thing that should warrant updating after every two tournaments is if we emulate like what we had in the past where at some points we had more than one tourmament a month. But now that, at the moment, we have a tournament every month or so I can't comprehend delaying updates of somehting that is at least of somewhat importance to all of us.

I still have more to say lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey MPrime.

Ganon vs Falco: 10:90

Just so you know.
Oh, and Ganon vs. Snake is 25:75

Gichan

Smash Champion
Da Hype has been updated, I don't know if I can fit anymore in that post lol. This last tournament was great. And I hope you guys can enjoy the writeups this one took fucing longer than usual lol.

Top Bottom