• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
no

not this

===

@tin: hearing that youre going 7 starters is good to know

now, about picto and japes :troll:

good **** on the br

makes me sad that my gRape colour is gone, even if im still a workshop broomer :(

===

and as an aside, which unis do you guys go to?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin are you seriously not using unity with cot coming up? Dumb as ***!
Chill guy. I said only the starters would be different (and not even that different...). Everything else is the same.

tin: theoretical scenario: bbrrc decides thanks to the public backlash to go with 9 starters (pick the 9 you like), legalizes japes, and bans picto. do you use this ruleset exactly?
Yes.

swordgard

Smash Hero
tin: theoretical scenario: bbrrc decides thanks to the public backlash to go with 9 starters (pick the 9 you like), legalizes japes, and bans picto. do you use this ruleset exactly?
Brinstar and RC better be in them 9 starters.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Joe brought up a good point to me. Perhaps it would be more beneficial for now to follow the unity rule set exactly because a significant amount of our players are going to CoT5. We would not like to be put at a disadvantage where it isn't necessary. So at least until CoT5, the neutrals would be 5. I'm going to talk over this with others on this and let yall know the verdict.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Tin, you guys should just set the rules however you'd like, as a region we seem to be more stage tolerant.

I know youre in the BBR now, but theres no reason to just blindly follow their rules

Tin Man

Smash Hero
i thought that was the whole reason of the bbr
The BBR rule sets are recommended. The BBR-RC is completely separate from the BBR. We have no influence over their rule sets. Further more, their influence is over the USA. I posted earlier saying we don't have to follow them.

That being said, following the USA seems like a correct route for us atm. Especially with CoT5 coming up.

5 starters. <3 let's keep it that way. After all, its the rules. (;
This will probably not last. The only reason supporting 5 starters is the CoT5 national coming up. Not personal preference lol.

There may even be 9 starters at my tournaments. Like I said. I will consult others in our community and release the results of that discussion.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
7 is fine. It removes the centralization around FD/SV/BF, and isn't too large or hard to remember.

ftr, in every set from now on I'll be striking Smashville.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Once again, this is Gi. My computer is still ****ed, but man...i missed a lot lol.

I would have liked to join the discussion at least for a bit. I ****ing love 7-9 stage starters. It really mixes things up a bit. I also really liked when we had a lenient stage list with two bans, I think that was on a great path for this game. Going back to five is lame...I'm sorry but it is, at least with two more stages you had mre options for which stage to start on, and much more strategic thinking on what stages to strike. This is obviously my personal opinion, but really, as a T.O, I'm stuck betwen two things. And these are the same two elements that have given me issues since I first started.

1. Follow U.S rules completely so that way we are on par with their rules and prepared in case of travelling to the states.

2. Have a much more lenient stage list to add diversity to our nmatches. I feel that a lot of CPs ae banned because we don't like them, when in fact, they reeaally help low to mid tiers. This is very important.

ONLY stage I hate adding is Norfair, ****ing timeouts, or at least 6min matches there, ALWYS, god damn. Man,I had Distant Planet at one point lol. But that could never come back sadly.

I agree with Joe and Tin on following Unity rules to prepare for CoT5 since yes, a lot of us are going. but after that, I'm sorry, but I'll be going back to leniency for stages. Remember that if people have an issue with this, you should step up and host your own tournaments.

ALSO, this is important guys, TFNS is reeaally failing us at the moment, the owner is MIA (in Dice's words) so they CANNOT confirm ANY dates for us. So we actually have NO TOURNAMENT SCHEDULED so far. this is the opportunity for someone else to step up and find a venue and host one. I can't use my work venue because my boss is just not undestanding for some reason.

Tin, I guess this is your time to shine.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
In that case, the rule set will follow unity exactly until after CoT5. I will also be working on future tournaments. I have a couple ideas on what to do. I'll report back shortly.

fUddO

Smash Ace
So is there any chance that you guys (Gi + Tin) would be able to join the BBR-RC? Or are they pretty much dead-set on it being USA only?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty.

I'm currently working out something for a possible venue for my July tournament, I'll get back to you guys.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
^ the timing of that is pretty excellent. It doesn't conflict with anything I have planned. I'd also like to talk to you more about that. I'll probably catch you on facebook chat.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty.

Also I've decided to postpone my trip to Scotland so I can go to Apex.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match pictochat is gay i challenge anyone who cps me there to a 1v1 boxing match

Cruxis

Smash Lord
ok done but if that is the case then the match arena must be sorrounded by a FIRE RING but we will put rubber around the fire ring so the fire does not spread to us

or wait rubber stops electricity right? not fire

so itll be an ELECTRICITY RING

swordgard

Smash Hero
ok done but if that is the case then the match arena must be sorrounded by a FIRE RING but we will put rubber around the fire ring so the fire does not spread to us

or wait rubber stops electricity right? not fire

so itll be an ELECTRICITY RING
Lol.

Someone clearly needs more physics lessons. : D

Patches

Smash Master
That would be sick. And itd even better if someone could house the people going, who live further away. Such as myself, fishy, ally, holy, guard and techiyo.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Ian ur never on fbchat:(

Is it just me or do all majors seem like dead ends aside from business and science? Im in communications and i already know this degree is booty lol

Top Bottom