• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Waluigi is ahead of Bowser Jr.? :)
MegaMan over Mewtwo, K.Rool and Ridley? :glare:
Different fanbase yo. At this point, 50% of the votes are from Reddit, 45% Smashboards, and 5% Nsider2, Tumblr and neogaf.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why Reddit? Why did you had to do that?
Expanding my horizons, man. I want to see what the general SSB4 fanbase wants, not just what we want. Also, the users over there are more fun to talk.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well was just joking around honestly. Still would like to see Impa make this list though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm gonna make a new poll post SSB4 reveal, and I found a site where I can have a lot more character choices. She'll be there.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I find it really disconcerting just how many smurf/alt accounts have been made to boost certain character's votes. :|

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's probably a good idea to create a new poll after the E3 reveal. There are plenty of characters that can be included in a new poll that haven't been included yet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh baby, 780 votes.

Megaman [Capcom] 417
Mewtwo [Pokemon] 383
Ridley [ Metroid] 333
King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 309
Little Mac [Punch Out] 300
Waluigi [Super Mario] 257
Isaac [Golden Sun] 249
Palutena [Kid Icarus] 223
Roy [Fire Emblem] 194
Shulk [Xenoblade] 194
Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 180
Krom [Fire Emblem] 170
Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 157
Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 152
Pac - Man [Namco] 145
Geno [Square Enix] 145
Saki [Sin & Punishment] 127
Zoroark [Pokemon] 124
Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 120
Toad [Super Mario] 119
Krystal [StarFox] 119
Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 107
Black Shadow [F-Zero] 92
Bandana Dee [Kirby] 74
Mona [WarioWare] 71

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wouldn't object to Waluigi being in the game, but his oddly high popularity is something I can't understand.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I myself used to want Waluigi playable, but he's pretty much lost his edge recently. Plus he'd most likely have that Mario symbol rather than that Wario one since I don't think Waluigi has ever been in a Warioware game (was he?), which I consider the main reason why Wario had his own symbol in Brawl. Plus there was that mention that he wasn't in MK7 either. So honestly, I actually wonder if Waluigi will actually appear again, not as a character, but maybe as little as a cameo or something (like being one of the hundreds of collect-able trophies).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Waluigi's popularity = 4chan Reddit users voting on the poll. The internet loves ugly useless things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I voted. Good to see that Megaman's in second place. So far anyway.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
Is there anywhere on this site a list of just first party characters to choose from? (characters not already in SSB series)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is there anywhere on this site a list of just first party characters to choose from? (characters not already in SSB series)
Well this poll will give you a good idea, or you can search through the forums and find the support threads for each character brought up at one point or another. I think Mario and Sonic Guy made a thread containing shortcuts to each thread too.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Tempo from Harmo Knight would be a neat addition too. And pretty much the other "eShop Heroes" that debuted recently (Dillon, Mallo, etc.)

Those complaining about Roster Space, stop. Wii U and 3DS are capable of getting DLC characters or stages. So, space is near infinite (in a realistic way). To answer your question Admiral Pit, he'd probably have the "Mario series" symbol just like he did in Brawl as an Assist Trophy. Yes, Waluigi has been absent in the recent Mario Kart game, but he was in Mario Tennis Open and will be in the upcoming Mario Golf. Also, I think he's also in the new Mario Kart GP3 too. One thing to note though is that Waluigi seems to pretty much be a "Mario spin-off only" character. He hasn't appeared in a Wario Ware game. One game he did have a major role in was DDR Mario Mix- but I honestly think his role was half-assed and out of character. I don't understand why Waluigi would be interested in collecting musical notes or whatever in that game. It's a shame he doesn't have much of a background besides Wario's apparent brother or "best friend". And tbqh, I'd rather have Daisy in the next Smash Bros.

Before anyone says "lol but Peach has Daisy's "skin" as an alternate color", well, let's be real: Mario had Wario's color scheme since the first Smash Bros. and Wario has made it in. And Fox has Wolf's color scheme too. And vice versa- so let's not get into that since that's just irrelevant. I'd assume Daisy would have a more sporty, active look to compliment her tomboyish personality. Interesting to note that Daisy and Mario were the only ones to have "striker" trophies in Brawl. I think Striker Mario would have been a neat alternate costume. And hopefully, if Daisy makes it in, she'll be in something like that or her typical sporty gear so that way she won't have the same moveset as Peach. Always preferred Daisy over Peach anyhow. And I'd assume Tatanga would be in her Final Smash :3

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Poll results after 1100 votes:

1. Megaman [Capcom] 593
2. Mewtwo [Pokemon] 527
3. Ridley [ Metroid] 441
4. Little Mac [Punch Out] 415
5. King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 407
6. Waluigi [Super Mario] 359
7. Isaac [Golden Sun] 344
8. Palutena [Kid Icarus]301
9. Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 281
10. Roy [Fire Emblem] 273
11. Shulk [Xenoblade] 263
12. Chrom [Fire Emblem] 255
13. Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 239
14. Pac - Man [Namco] 215
15. Geno [Square Enix] 197
16. Krystal [StarFox] 192
17. Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 190
18. Zoroark [Pokemon] 181
19. Toad [Super Mario] 177
20. Saki [Sin & Punishment] 161
21. Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 147
22. Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 145
23. Black Shadow [F-Zero] 118
24. Mona [WarioWare] 112
25. Bandana Dee [Kirby] 107

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Poll results after 1100 votes:

1.Megaman [Capcom] 593
2.Mewtwo [Pokemon] 527
3.Ridley [ Metroid] 441
4.Little Mac [Punch Out] 415
5.King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 407
6.Waluigi [Super Mario] 359
7.Isaac [Golden Sun] 344
8.Palutena [Kid Icarus]301
9.Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 281
10.Roy [Fire Emblem] 273
11.Shulk [Xenoblade] 263
12.Chrom [Fire Emblem] 255
13.Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 239
14.Pac - Man [Namco] 215
15.Geno [Square Enix] 197
16.Krystal [StarFox] 192
17.Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 190
18.Zoroark [Pokemon] 181
19.Toad [Super Mario] 177
20.Saki [Sin & Punishment] 161
21.Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 147
22.Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 145
23.Black Shadow [F-Zero] 118
24.Mona [WarioWare] 112
25.Bandana Dee [Kirby] 107
Gotta say, I'm pretty surprised that Waluigi is doing so well. He's more popular than I thought. The names in bold are the characters I voted for.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Little Mac > K. Rool would be a general site consensus I would say. It's just happening, and I don't have a specific site to blame. (Been to so many man)

And Waluigi is solely because I went to 4chan, twice. He's gotten like, 20 votes in the last 100. Which is decent, but he's begining to stagnate. Like Takamaru, who only has gotten like 5 in the last 100.

D

Deleted member

Not likely enough.
It was because Micaiah didn't place into the Top 50 in Shortie's poll (not the one he's currently featuring. Nothing to do with likeliness, else, many of the third-parties wouldn't be on the poll and Mach Rider would.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Updated the front post of this thread finally. Check it out and respond yo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The previous polls have always been there, more so talking about the stuff I wrote :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Updated the front post of this thread finally. Check it out and respond yo.
Depends how many characters you want on the poll, like the polls you used to make with pretty much every possible choice or the newer ones (which I prefer) that only have the characters with fairly decent chances (or with major popularity). If you choose the latter, which I suggest, I'd pretty much keep the 25 you have on the current poll (minus the ones in the trailer) plus Starfy, Tingle, Paper Mario, Mii, (maybe Dillon and Mach Rider) and if you're just basing it off popularity and not realism, maybe an AC character. People will complain that their favourite character isn't on there, but as long as we have the characters most likely to be included, it won't be a problem.

I also forget if you're making two polls or just one bilingual one, but either way, the only Japanese resident I can think of on here is Venus (I could be forgetting someone), but he hasn't been on in a long time, though maybe sending him a message or something might be better than nothing.

As for the stage section, Star's poll is really extensive, and covers pretty much most of the plausible choices, but I'd consider trimming it down a bit, to maybe the most likely/popular choices.

And hell, if you're going to include stages, you could even include polls for characters people want to see as ATs, Pokeballs, Bosses, or music people want to see. That'd be a lot of work though, and it'd be totally up to you, but the results would probably be pretty interesting. If you do decide to include those categories, I could definitely help out.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Depends how many characters you want on the poll, like the polls you used to make with pretty much every possible choice or the newer ones (which I prefer) that only have the characters with fairly decent chances (or with major popularity). If you choose the latter, which I suggest, I'd pretty much keep the 25 you have on the current poll (minus the ones in the trailer) plus Starfy, Tingle, Paper Mario, Mii, (maybe Dillon and Mach Rider) and if you're just basing it off popularity and not realism, maybe an AC character. People will complain that their favourite character isn't on there, but as long as we have the characters most likely to be included, it won't be a problem.
This poll is going back to my roots. I've got well over a hundred character choices on this poll. So, if you have any personal choices, I'll be happy to add them on. Because gotta keep my SWF fam happy.

I also forget if you're making two polls or just one bilingual one, but either way, the only Japanese resident I can think of on here is Venus (I could be forgetting someone), but he hasn't been on in a long time, though maybe sending him a message or something might be better than nothing.
I've messaged him, but I'm not actually worried about GETTING TO THE JAPANESE SITES, as much as I am worried that my translations aren't correct. Also, I would need a small Japanese translated note saying what the poll if for, where I'm from, ect. Also, it's not bilingual, the poll japan gets will be about 50 character choices, and no stages.

As for the stage section, Star's poll is really extensive, and covers pretty much most of the plausible choices, but I'd consider trimming it down a bit, to maybe the most likely/popular choices.
Star actually teamed up with me for the stage part of the poll. We've actually added to the stage lists, and I wouldn't mind adding more stages either. If people would like to contribute. Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus are the franchises that could really use some stage options. I have enough for them, just not many.

And hell, if you're going to include stages, you could even include polls for characters people want to see as ATs, Pokeballs, Bosses, or music people want to see. That'd be a lot of work though, and it'd be totally up to you, but the results would probably be pretty interesting. If you do decide to include those categories, I could definitely help out.
I was thinking of doing that. But to be honest, I would want to give the "other" option for that kind of stuff, but, I can't without paying for a membership. (This site is awesome, has everything I need on the free version....minus the write in choice) The music option though, I think I'm gonna definitely look into that. Star could help me out with that. I was gonna have another page where I ask age, sex, and location anyhow. (I'm really curious, actually) I'll look into the bosses, AT's and Pokeballs as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This poll is going back to my roots. I've got well over a hundred character choices on this poll. So, if you have any personal choices, I'll be happy to add them on. Because gotta keep my SWF fam happy.
Fair enough. Most of the characters I would want to see on the poll were already on your newest one, so I'll be pleased with whoever. I'm not sure if you want to include them, they've caused some complaints in the past, but as this is popularity based, and not likelihood based, Banjo & Kazooie would be cool.

I've messaged him, but I'm not actually worried about GETTING TO THE JAPANESE SITES, as much as I am worried that my translations aren't correct. Also, I would need a small Japanese translated note saying what the poll if for, where I'm from, ect. Also, it's not bilingual, the poll japan gets will be about 50 character choices, and no stages.
Ah, ok. Well, I guess Iblis would be the next best bet, who... also hasn't been around in a while... :laugh:

Star actually teamed up with me for the stage part of the poll. We've actually added to the stage lists, and I wouldn't mind adding more stages either. If people would like to contribute. Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus are the franchises that could really use some stage options. I have enough for them, just not many.
If I think of anything I'll let you know. Uprising and Awakening are my two most played 3DS games, so hopefully I'll be able to help. :grin:

I was thinking of doing that. But to be honest, I would want to give the "other" option for that kind of stuff, but, I can't without paying for a membership. (This site is awesome, has everything I need on the free version....minus the write in choice) The music option though, I think I'm gonna definitely look into that. Star could help me out with that. I was gonna have another page where I ask age, sex, and location anyhow. (I'm really curious, actually) I'll look into the bosses, AT's and Pokeballs as well.
I guess we solved this already. If you change your mind, I'm still willing to help. Up to you. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Psh, of course I already have Banjo & Kazooie on the list. They have two level choices as well: Spiral Mountain, and Grunty Industries :D

I guess we solved this already. If you change your mind, I'm still willing to help. Up to you. ;)
On this note~​

ALRIGHT FOLKS, I'm looking to add AT's and Boss characters to the poll. I want about 50 AT and about 30 - 40 boss choices choices . KEEP THE THIRD PARTY CHOICES TO A MINIMUM PLEASE <3 Post your lists in a collapse here, or PM me if you would rather. I'll look through all the suggestions, and add as many as I see fit. Shank you ~

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok, here's my AT list (I'll make the boss list later):

[collapse=There are 50]Mario
Birdo
Chain Chomp
E. Gadd
Rosalina
Toad

Donkey Kong
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Rambi
Stanley

Legend of Zelda
Impa
Skull Kid
Vaati

Metroid
Anthony Higgs

Kirby
Adeleine
Prince Fluff

Yoshi
Kamek

Mother
Claus/Masked Man
Kumatora

Fire Emblem
Black Knight
Chrom
Micaiah

Kid Icarus
Eggplant Wizard
Magnus

Wario
Ashley
Captain Syrup
Jimmy T.
Mona

Retro
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles
Duck Hunt Dog
Lip
Mach Rider
Muddy Mole
Sukapon

Other Nintendo
Aeron
Captain Rainbow
Chibi-Robo
Dillon
Doshin the Giant
King Hippo
T. Rex (Fossil Fighters)
Tempo
W101 Protagonist
"X" Protagonist
Zael

3rd Party
Knuckles
Proto Man
Raiden[/collapse]

There are a few characters I listed such as Toad and Chrom that have a good chance at playability, but if they don't turn playable I think they still might end up as an AT, which is why I included them.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Alright, here's my AT list. Color Code system:
White = Personal choice
Blue = Might not get in. Meh or average chances
Red = Good chance

Mario Series

Birdo
Lakitu
Waluigi
Rosalina

Yoshi Series Kamek
Baby Bros

Donkey Kong Series
Cranky Kong
Dixie Kong

Wario Series
Captain Syrup
Kat and Ana

Zelda Series
Skull Kid
Loftwing
Goron

Kirby Series
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe

Metroid Series
Metroid

Space Pirate
Sylux

Fire Emblem Series

Lyn

Masked Marth/Lucina

Punch Out!! King Hippo
Glass Joe

Will update with more, just don't know much about other potentials like Jill Dozer, Xenoblade, Sin and Punishment, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep em coming if you can, I'll be updating more when I get off of worky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom