• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Star Wolf Squadron: Back in Black

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
sign me up please =D
Lol well Wolf in my oppinion is deffinitly 1 of the best characters on brawl i hope hes in top tier but ya on to more pressing matters lol if u want another person in this clan who enjoys playing and is almoast always online then u here i am lol so sign me up

-Wolf_King-
I would sign you both up, but you guys gotta promise to be somewhat active, a nd use the forums and the chatbox. http://xat.com/chat/room/28924636/?p=0&ss=2 If you guys really want to be in this clan and enjoy our activities and our silliness, you gotta be active and prove it to me by responding to this.

Relhots

Smash Lord
everytime i look at the wolf board, i facepalm in shame.... seriously, "what skin do you use"?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hey, I think I'll join this clan. Makes sense. I thought it would be smart to join since Wolf is my main.

kyur_naudara@yahoo.com

One or two things about me, I main Wolf in Brawl, Fox in Melee. I consider myself a good player, but I'll be confirming where I stand next to pros when I go to CH4 during this September. Generally, I'm a skilled writer, and I can always design a good thread.

Any questions?

§witch

Smash Lord
Yeah, me neither CL. I thought the fox board was dead...*goes back to falco board and makes bread jokes*
Oh, asaph, I think I've seen you at Ns2, see if you remember my sig.

starwolf216

Smash Apprentice
sorry about the whole double posting thing chaos,wont happen again.anyways nice sig you got there with fox blasting away at wolf.shouldnt it be the other way around, though?lol

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
I can just record those straight from my Wii, the quality may not be the greatest but It's something.
i don't mind if the quality is just decent.
anything is fine really. so if you can, could you get me seperate files of his taunts, his blaster, his shine, his illusion, his usmash, and his fsmash?
if that is too much, i understand.

Patinator

Smash Champion
DEAD THREAD IS SO DISAPPOINTINGLY DEAD.

For cryin' out loud, people. Jeez. -_-+ I mean, I know it's been two days since the last post, but come on...

I bring up this issue: How boring the Wolf boards are now.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
So are people abandoning wolf or something? I went away for a couple weeks so dont count me out.

Now onto stuff...
I know ill go make a "which costume is wolfs coolest thread!!!"

If you couldnt tell I wuz jokin.

Now let us discuss something new... but there hasnt been anything new lately.

The AAA combo yes lets talk about that.
Is it good or bad compared to other characters A combos?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I like jab combo. It clashes with a decent amount of attacks and has somewhat deceptive range. The knockback isn't bad for setting up either, bairs, fairs, fsmash, laser, depending on % and opponent DI you can take your pick. Wolf's jab combo is just about average though when compared to every other character, it usually puts the opponent more vertical than you'd want for a 'get off me' move.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
it's great for setting up attacks.
what about the dash attack? sometimes i use it to keep a combo going when they're falling. uair juggling ;]
oh, yeah, biggie actually made my wolf game better just from me playing him. i never used shine enough, and now that i use it consistently, it definately gives me an advantage.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I like jab combo. It clashes with a decent amount of attacks and has somewhat deceptive range. The knockback isn't bad for setting up either, bairs, fairs, fsmash, laser, depending on % and opponent DI you can take your pick. Wolf's jab combo is just about average though when compared to every other character, it usually puts the opponent more vertical than you'd want for a 'get off me' move.
Yeah. I use it mainly to get off a good ol' Wolf Flash... I've never used it for anything else, though.

it's great for setting up attacks.
what about the dash attack? sometimes i use it to keep a combo going when they're falling. uair juggling ;]
oh, yeah, biggie actually made my wolf game better just from me playing him. i never used shine enough, and now that i use it consistently, it definately gives me an advantage.
Dash Attack? Mm, it's pretty useful for me. My only pal around who smashes doesn't shield much. For that matter, neither do I. So I don't have to worry about shield grabs, hurr-hurr-hurr.

So are people abandoning wolf or something? I went away for a couple weeks so dont count me out.

Now onto stuff...
I know ill go make a "which costume is wolfs coolest thread!!!"

If you couldnt tell I wuz jokin.

Now let us discuss something new... but there hasnt been anything new lately.

The AAA combo yes lets talk about that.
Is it good or bad compared to other characters A combos?
Heh, funny Sess is funny.

I'd say it's decent. It isn't a wall infinite, like Fox or Meta Knight, and it doesn't have high knockback like Snake, but it gets the job done.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
actually, even though there are frames where you can escape, wolf and fox can both get a wall shine very well.
i actually got a wall drill shine on corneria from 0 to 100% into an u-smash one time with fox.... actually i think i pulled it off twice that match
i was playing a really good player too ;]

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Oh yeah. Frames. Frame data. Anyone around here willing to get frame data? I saw something on the marth boards a while back, to analyze which attachs were actually 'safe' to use, it would be pretty interesting if someone could post something like that up.

And also, throws. I have no idea how to follow up my throws, any advice?

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
only use wolfs dthrow or upthrow (to juggle).
if you do get a grab with wolf, try letting them go without throwing them and then laser them or fsmash them. when you dthrow, use a laser or a short hop laser. sometimes i short hop dair to punish rolls towards me.
with the uthrow, use it to get them up in the air so that you can uair juggle.

Top Bottom