• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The STDT Thread -- Now with 200% more BrawlBox!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Surprisingly, if you set the HP of the towers to be 0 they don't automatically destroy themselves, they just take 1% or more to destroy them. And if you set the respawn time to 0 the towers respawn after about 1 second. Just wanted to say that about Shadow Moses Island.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Oh ok, I see. Hopefully there is a floating point that controls the animation speed of the destruction animation. Then I could make the pillars be destroyed in one hit and instantly respawn. :p

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Anyone know whaddup with New Pork? I thought that stuff like the time between limousine and chimera spawns would be controlled by STDT but there's only miscdata 10 and 30 (neither are STDT). What's up with that?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I don't know, but WarioWare is the same way. One time I tried setting all of MiscData10 to 00s, and nothing noticeable changed, so I think MiscData30 is the important one. When I tried the same thing with MiscData30, it froze, so that's probably where the good values are, unless they're in the module, in which case it would be a lot more complicated to find.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
BAMP

Pirate Ship
Code:
1.  Original value: 0.5- controls the speed/direction of water
2.  Original value: 600-  ???
3.  Original value:  300-  ???
4.  Original value: 600-  May affect Catapult
5.  Original value: .5-  ???
6.  Original value: 180-  zero value Affects catapult sound, makes it continuous.
7.  Original value: 300-  Negative and zero values each affect catapult sound, makes it continuous.
8.  Original value: 30- Negative value affects catapult sound, makes it continuous.
9.  Original value: 60- Negative value affects catapult sound, makes it continuous.
10.  Original value: 300- ???
11.  Original value: 180-  Affects how often the King of Red Lions occurs.
12.  Original value: 600-  May or may not have something to do with catapult.
13.  Original value: 300-  ???
14.  Original value: 600-  ???
15.  Original value: 1200-  ???
16.  Original value: 1800-  ???
17.  Original value: 1200-  Amount of time between everything?? not sure
18.  Original value: 1800-  Frequency of storm??? 
19.  Original value: 0.35-  Frequency of standalone clouds (darker lighting, cloudy backround)
20.  Original value: 0.25-  Frequency of storm (tornado, rain, clouds, etc)
21.  Original value: 0.25-  Frequency of phantom ship
22.  Original value: 0.15-   Frequency of rock
23.  Original value: 0.3-  Frequency of rock again?
24.  Original value: 600-  Affects timing, of stage pieces, not sure how...
25.  Original value: 0.7-  Clouds?
26.  Original value: 0.2-  Frequency or length of time that clouds stay
27.  Original value: 0.1-  ???
28.  Original value: 60-  ???
29.  Original value: 60-  ???
30.  Original value: 1500-  ???
31.  Original value: 120-  Length of time it takes for bombs from phantom ship to reach ship.  *NOTE* If set to 0, phantom ship will not occur.
32.  Original value: 180-  Frequency of bombs.  180=8, higher will mean less bombs and lower will mean more.  *NOTE* If set to 0, phantom ship will not occur.
33.  Original value: 300-  ???
34.  Original value: 240-  Length of time alert for rock appears.  *NOTE* If set to 0, rock will not occur.
35.  Original value: 1200-  Length of time ship stays crashed on rock.
36.  Original value: 100-  Length of time ship stays crashed on rock again?  I assume one is entrance time and one is exit time?
37.  Original value: 600-  ???
38.  Original value: 1200-  ???
No water height :(

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That should be enough data to make a "calm" Pirate Ship with no hazards (but still water).

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
That should be enough data to make a "calm" Pirate Ship with no hazards (but still water).
Or do the exact opposite, just made Pirate Ship-

I'm very disappointed there was no value changing water height, it was the only thing I was looking to do...

Does this mean it is impossible to remove the water from STGPIRATES ?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
No, it's completely possible. The water height is stored in memory, that I know for sure.

Pirate Ship Water Level Beta [spunit262]
0554958C YYYYYYYY
Default C1A31581 (most of the time)
Special thank to Igglyboo, his coordinate hacks helped.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Here was my attempt at calm Pirate Ship: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=13981&Moderated=All

Using your data, I was able to stop everything, with one exception. You know how the order of events is chosen randomly? If the catapult is the first event on the stage, then it still goes off. No other events happen if they're chosen first, and the catapult never comes up again even if it does go first. I assume that it's one of the unknown values that controls it. It's weird how the first event seems to be controlled separately than the rest of the randomly chosen ones, but I've seen similar things happen in other stages.

Oh yeah, I had the same issue with the King of Red Lions coming up first, but I "solved" it by removing its model and collisions from the stage. That didn't work for the catapult, so I kept it for now. If you happen to figure out how to stop the catapult and the KORL from showing up first, then that would help my stage.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Here was my attempt at calm Pirate Ship: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=13981&Moderated=All

Using your data, I was able to stop everything, with one exception. You know how the order of events is chosen randomly? If the catapult is the first event on the stage, then it still goes off. No other events happen if they're chosen first, and the catapult never comes up again even if it does go first. I assume that it's one of the unknown values that controls it. It's weird how the first event seems to be controlled separately than the rest of the randomly chosen ones, but I've seen similar things happen in other stages.

Oh yeah, I had the same issue with the King of Red Lions coming up first, but I "solved" it by removing its model and collisions from the stage. That didn't work for the catapult, so I kept it for now. If you happen to figure out how to stop the catapult and the KORL from showing up first, then that would help my stage.
you can get rid of the catapult by deleting the animation files and making the collisions "none" rather than just deleting them (crash). You might want to try the same for the King of Red Lions, and here is how to remove water:

SuperGuzzi said:
LordNOaH said:
Hey superguzzi, how did you remove Pirate ship's water?
Actually i didn't remove it, i put it down, and put another model of water, only the origginal .brres files contorl de water level.
I can assume he means he moved the model in modeldata[16] StgPirates00U down and simply added another StgPirates00U, testing now. I can't believe it was that simple.

EDIT: yes, specifically bone Suimen, which apparently means swimming. Yay for overthinking.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, you're right... I thought I did that yesterday, but I guess I did something else. I updated my BrawlVault entry. The only effect now is that the catapult cover is displaced by like an inch, but I don't mind that at all.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're right... I thought I did that yesterday, but I guess I did something else. I updated my BrawlVault entry. The only effect now is that the catapult cover is displaced by like an inch, but I don't mind that at all.
Nice :) and thank you for thanking me xD

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Has anyone done work on Spear Pillar? I was going to go through starting with Tengen_1 (Dialga) and move on to the other 2 from there. #1 has 70 variables, so this is going to be a fun process of trial and error.

These are the ones I'm watching for, please let me know if I forgot something:

Appear/Disappear timer (could be across several variables)
Low Gravity (I think dialga does this one)
Lazer Top
Lazer Side
Jump out on stage (dialga attacks directly)
break left
break right
break middle
Appearance rate of 3 emotion pokemon
Stay time of 3 emotion pokemon
Other possible animations of the 3 emotion pokemon (one of them has a 'run' animation in the .pac file)
Left Platform
Right Platform

I'll report back when I have some reliable values to work with.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If I'm able to edit the STDT of a stage through wiird like I do with character floating points, I could probably get a lot of work on stages STDT done relatively faster than most of you. :p I can test it out tomorrow.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
For Spear Pillar (Dialga):

I've been able to control how long Dialga stays on/off the stage.
How long the time slow lasts.
How long the floor stays broken.
I think I found the variables for the 3 emotion pokemon making an appearance, but I can't get them to show up reliably to test it.

I can't find the timer for the camera tilting, but I have some smaller values to check over.

Does anyone know if the damage value/knockback for Dialga jumping on to the stage and the lazers are in a different section? That would save me a lot of trial and error with this.

Also hoping I can find out how to control what attacks Dialga chooses. Most of this may carry over to Palkia and Creselia too, the default values appear to be the same between all 3 files.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Check the .rel file for the hitboxes.
Thanks. I'll look in to that over the next few days while I'm off from work.

Larger values (usually 420 and up) seem to be time in milliseconds (or maybe time in frame rate). Either way 600 = ~10 sec and so on.

Using BrawlBox, here are the lines I've gotten results changing:

1] 0.01
changing to 0 freezes the 2 moving platforms. Will test other values soon.

7] 600
8] 1800
How long the floor stays broken. These two are tied together. It seems to generate a random value between the two numbers regardless of which is higher. Setting both to 0 makes the floor break and restore instantly, causing no fall through.
Haven't tested if this interrupts ledge hanging or grabs.
I assume there's still a chance that players can fall through the stage in the quick transition, but it hasn't happened to me yet.
Still need to test negative numbers.

15] 900
The amount of time Dialga spends away from the stage. The timer starts at 0 at the beginning of the match and begins again every time Dialga disappears. Lowering this makes him appear more often (0 meaning a near instant return upon leaving). Increasing it of course makes it take longer for him to show up.
Still need to test negative numbers. It may turn him off completely.

16] 1200
The delay between Dialga's attacks. Setting this to 0 makes him attack constantly. Pretty cool to watch, actually.

17] 5400
18] 7200
The amount of time Dialga stays on the stages. Just like the breaking floor, it seems to pick a random value between these two variables. Setting both to 0 will make him leave after doing 1 attack. He will -always- do 1 attack before disappearing again.

48] 420
49] 720
How long time slow lasts. Again, it's a range between the two for how long it lasts. The amount of time the slow down lasts will always be double the value you put in. 720 should be ~12 seconds, but on average it lasts 15-24 seconds in game. This also effects the breaking floor if Dialga does it while slow time is in effect, which can mean falling through it.

59] 420
60] 600

61] 420
62] 600

63] 420
64] 600

I -think- these are the timer values for how long the 3 emotion pokemon will stay on the stage if they show up. Hopefully they'll show up while I have these values set high... or better yet maybe I'll find the random chance modifiers for stuff like that in the STDT values. ;)

I'll post more if I find anything new.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
15] 900
The amount of time Dialga spends away from the stage. The timer starts at 0 at the beginning of the match and begins again every time Dialga disappears. Lowering this makes him appear more often (0 meaning a near instant return upon leaving). Increasing it of course makes it take longer for him to show up.

16] 1200
The delay between Dialga's attacks. Setting this to 0 makes him attack constantly. Pretty cool to watch, actually.
Logically, setting these to infinity should make him stay off the stage forever.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Logically, setting these to infinity should make him stay off the stage forever.
Interesting. Can an infinite value be put in brawl box in place of a normal numeric value? If so, I would assume you're right.

Any thoughts on what the various decimals (0.1, 0.08, etc) might be for based on other stage STDT's?

15] 900

16] 1200
Setting both of these to -1 will turn off the the pokemon entirely. This works for Dialga and Palkia (Tengen_1 and Tengen_2), so I assume it works for Creselia too (Tengen_3).

Effectively giving a stage freeze without the need for a .gct file or losing the movement of the platforms. :D

Remove the collision from the lower area of the level (like they did for Tengen_1.pac included with the balanced brawl download) to go with this and you have a pretty good neutral stage. I'll make the pac files for this over the weekend most likely.

I got burned out doing guess and check tonight after a long string of no results... so I made the neutral Spear Pillar with no collision on the lower level and no legendary pokemon spawning.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e1hnucnccqc8b9c

Lnik3500

Smash Rookie
So, I have a custom stage downloaded and everything works fine , but i didn't like the camera angle and I decided to replace it with another camera file . I took the Pokemon Stadium 2 camera on Project M 3.5 and ported it on the custom stage : it worked . So I have the camera like the way I wanted , but the cape physics are weird . I mean, it's like the cape or the hat is always facing toward the sky and it bothers me . Do you know what value I have to change ? Thank you for taking your time to read this and sorry for my english .

Top Bottom