• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I am OK with Sophie winning. She's not my favorite player there, but I'm much happier with her than Cochran or Brandon winning. I'm actually surprised that Coach didn't win, but I'm not at all surprised that Albert sucked it up hard. He was so convinced he could talk his way to victory, but NO one respected him. Owned. XD

I don't mind all-star seasons with 2nd-timers, but the 3rd-times have to stop. We're sick of seeing them, and it reduces space for other applicants (and everyone just carries the veteran to the end).
I think what really did Coach in was when Sophie exposed him as a liar and a sneak to Brandon in front of the jury. Since Coach was the main one preaching about being a "family" and being "honest" and "loyal" with each other, most of the jury acted bitter towards him. Overall Coach played a very good game but he just simply got outplayed by Sophie in the end after she exposed him. She's a smart girl and a deserving winner I knew she'd do damage if she made it into the F3.
Albert is just an airhead and had no shot at winning. lol

BTW was anyone else really heartbroken to hear about the way the Hantz family treated Brandon? Sure Brandon played a terrible game but that's the LAST thing you want to hear from your family! They're supposed to be supportive of him for being on the show and surviving on that island for so long anyway! Then Russel tore him a new *** hole on live TV and that was also really hard to watch. Brandon is truly in a family full of psychopaths. I wish the best for him.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
If theres anyone that was suprised that Sophie won, check the final tribal again, sure she was very offensive with her infomation but she just did everything she could to earn that win, coach for example had basicly given up when Sophie got into final 3, and look at Sophies cards its easily understandable that he would have a reeeeeeally hard time winning. Albert didnt have any real argument why he was there, which is also why he couldnt win.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Who do you guys want to see come back?
You mean like for an All Stars season? If we're strictly picking from post HvV contestants these would be my choices so far:

Nicaragua

Jane
Holly
Marty
Brenda
Sash
Fabio

Redemption Island

Phillip
Rob made everyone else look like idiots so I do't like any of the rest...

South Pacific

Sophie
Jim
Dawn
Cochran

I had a much easier time picking castaways from Nicaragua cause seasons with returning castaways have a bad tendency of making the returning castaways central figures and they end up taking away from the rest of the cast.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
SUPER BUMP

Big news guys! Rumors are circling around the internet over the possibility of Ken Hoang making a return for Survivor 25 which is speculated to be some sort of All Stars season! I first read the rumor in (THIS) thread on Smashboards and then after Googling it I came across (THIS) post on the Survivorsucks forum. Both stories match... which means this is a rumor that has a high possibility of being true! If the rumors are true we're in for quite the season in Survivor 25 fellas! :)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Awwwww snap, mad hype.

I never got round to watching the other season he was on, so def going to try and catch this if it's true :D

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Bump.

I know this thread usually ends up dying, but I want to see what people think of One World so far.

I gotta say, Colton being in control is certainly surprising. I'm not very fond of him, but damn is he in a good position right now.

Who are your favorites?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah we had some good discussions throughout the days but you can pretty much put a fork in this thread.

In terms of the One World cast, I can already tell that Colton will definitely go down as one of my most hated players to ever play Survivor. He has definitely made this season interesting so far, but his personal outlook on life is absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Everything about him screams "self-centered, spoiled little brat." Seriously the kid is whining about something ALL OF THE TIME. On top of that he's only playing the game off of his emotions. He never thinks through his moves he's just like "Oh mah gawd Bill is leiiik soooo annoyyyying lets go to tribal council despite the fact that we won immunity just so I can get rid of himmm. He's soooo yuckkk!" Uggh... Can't wait to see him voted out, but unfortunately I can already tell Colton is going to be a central character of the season. :|

In terms of everyone else, I'm not all that fond of any of the male contestants at all this season. Tarzan and Troyzan are both annoying attention-whoring geezers in my eyes. Jonas seems boring. Matt and Michael are just the typical power hungry mactors without a lot going on in between the ears. Leif is okay I guess. Bill always tried way too hard to be funny. Jay seems like he might grow on me overtime and I think he might be one of the couple men this season that actually has a brain. **** Colton.

There are quite a few I like on the female side though. Sabrina is my favorite so far. She's smarter than I thought she would be and is doing a good job leading the women tribe. I think she will go deep in the game, but unfortunately her being the leader will eventually become her downfall in my opinion. I also like Kim, Chelsea, and Monica in no particular order. All 3 seem like intelligent, strong women that know what they're doing out there. All 3 are beautiful as well, which is always a plus. ;) The rest of the females have been... meh.

Despite the okay cast, this season is entertaining so far. The male/female feuding has been fun to watch, there have already been a couple of nail-biter challenges (the women tribe coming back on that tree puzzle in particular was fun to watch), and one of the craziest moves in Survivor history has already taken place... I'd give it a B. Plus it looks like things are really going to spice up with what looks like some sort tribe swap. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Yeah we had some good discussions throughout the days but you can pretty much put a fork in this thread.

In terms of the One World cast, I can already tell that Colton will definitely go down as one of my most hated players to ever play Survivor. He has definitely made this season interesting so far, but his personal outlook on life is absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Everything about him screams "self-centered, spoiled little brat." Seriously the kid is whining about something ALL OF THE TIME. On top of that he's only playing the game off of his emotions. He never thinks through his moves he's just like "Oh mah gawd Bill is leiiik soooo annoyyyying lets go to tribal council despite the fact that we won immunity just so I can get rid of himmm. He's soooo yuckkk!" Uggh... Can't wait to see him voted out, but unfortunately I can already tell Colton is going to be a central character of the season. :|

In terms of everyone else, I'm not all that fond of any of the male contestants at all this season. Tarzan and Troyzan are both annoying attention-whoring geezers in my eyes. Jonas seems boring. Matt and Michael are just the typical power hungry mactors without a lot going on in between the ears. Leif is okay I guess. Bill always tried way too hard to be funny. Jay seems like he might grow on me overtime and I think he might be one of the couple men this season that actually has a brain. **** Colton.

There are quite a few I like on the female side though. Sabrina is my favorite so far. She's smarter than I thought she would be and is doing a good job leading the women tribe. I think she will go deep in the game, but unfortunately her being the leader will eventually become her downfall in my opinion. I also like Kim, Chelsea, and Monica in no particular order. All 3 seem like intelligent, strong women that know what they're doing out there. All 3 are beautiful as well, which is always a plus. ;) The rest of the females have been... meh.

Despite the okay cast, this season is entertaining so far. The male/female feuding has been fun to watch, there have already been a couple of nail-biter challenges (the women tribe coming back on that tree puzzle in particular was fun to watch), and one of the craziest moves in Survivor history has already taken place... I'd give it a B. Plus it looks like things are really going to spice up with what looks like some sort tribe swap. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds!
Good post, but I've always like Bill. I agree with your bit on Chelsea. I figured she'd just be another dumb blond, but I was sorely mistaken. I wish Nina were still in. Kat is an absolute joke.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
DIE IN A FIRE, COLTON!

Ahem... Yeah, it was an alright episode. :]

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
BUMP

FINALLY THAT PIECE OF **** IS GONE! Too bad it had to happen that way but my goodness I wasn't sure how much more of him I could take for the remainder of the season... Hopefully Alicia is next soon. Can't stand her either. Was anyone else bothered by how much Colton and her were bullying Christina nonstop? Christina didn't even defend herself. That infuriated me. Why repeatedly kick a dog when it's already down?! Even if I was in some sort of alliance with those two I definitely would have called them out on it. Karma is a ***** Colton... Karma is a *****.

Anyways... OMGZ the tribes are merged already! This season just got even better. These next few episodes should be interesting to say the least... 6 men and 6 women that couldn't have worked out any better. Will the alliances remain men vs. women, Salani vs. Manono, or will new alliances be formed? Things are about to get chaotic as hell.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
The one thing Colton could win with would be by using the idle in a way he got som very very bad players to the final and take himself there. Acting angry (making himself care less about his opponents) did look so bad for the other players that they probably wanted him in the game for just that reason, if they had something to control his seemingly control on the game he probably would just get outbeaten unless he was going for something Boston Rob style (which lost earlier due to arrogance...).

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Having a brief tribe swap before the merge was a great idea. There's going to be a lot more changing sides than just one starting tribe vs. the other with maybe one person switching.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Having a brief tribe swap before the merge was a great idea. There's going to be a lot more changing sides than just one starting tribe vs. the other with maybe one person switching.
Yea, I´m not cinvinced this is THE merge yet though, atleast that is something they has been doing in the swedish version (which is more luckbased due to little food and hard challenges making people quit, and a final challange instead of vote)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It would be so awesome if they split again two episodes from now. Hahaha!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So what do you think about the latest episode, saw it today and
That tribal was fun to watch, I cant imagine how hillarious it must have been for some of the players to sit there when it happened. Since it made the votes change. Thinking Troysan can get far, but Tarzan should get cred for controlling the vote as a one man army lol (even though he could be used, he can just argue that he didnt have any alliances in the end if he sticks to his strategy.)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Tarzan is this season's mentally unstable unpredictable loose cannon. It pains me to admit that it may get him farther into the game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
"Remember guys... STEALTH." Phil was awesome. Lol

Did the next episode hint at a new female dominant alliance? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Holy crap, I just remembered this thread. And yes, I've actually heard a bunch of rumours about that question in the Topic Title. Kim's doing pretty well, and so is Jay, but I'm rooting for a Troyzan win. I admittedly laughed when Colton got evacuated, I freaking hate Alicia (it's Ali-SHA, not Ali-see-ya, people), and Chelsea's the hottest girl out there by far.

To sum it up, go (in order) Troyzan, Jay, Chelsea.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yay Livewires is back maybe this thread won't die after all.
Well, it'll be a bit more lively, but I've got a whole other board, and some topics on others where people talk on it too (not to mention a bunch of my AIM list, lol) so we'll see. Oh, and the best part about the merge? They brought the freaking Intro back. And the best part about that? Colton missed it by one episode.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
ARGGGGGGH! All the men are stupid. Troyzan was stupid. Tarzan is seriously backdooring, and it's working. I had really high hopes for Christina becoming instrumental in a huge alliance flip, but the game is dominated by cowards. Christina is in an identical position to Edna from last time, and she is going to make a move too late (unless Kat detonates).

Kim owns this game. She is making all the right moves. She is quick to cleanup messes. She can manipulate to the end of time, and she still has an idol. I'll be very surprised if she loses.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree all of the men have been dumber than **** this season, oh well. I've gained a lot of respect for Troyzan though. He's not the brightest player (socially I mean) but he's definitely a competitor. I'm interested in watching how far he can go and if he can form new alliances along the way.

Kim is dominating this season Boston Rob style. It's kinda crazy how in control she has been since the merge tbh. Everything she wanted was done, and none of the fingers were ever unanimously pointed at her. Would be very shocked to not see her in the top 3.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
She has to be blindsided, othervise she probably will win. The other women does not know of the idol right?
If Tarzan lasts one more episode hes plan will have worked and he probably has got a "fake alliance" so that he can get to the end and win since he could say "I didnt play the game", playing on being honest and winning, unless he faces Kim.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The previews for next episode try so hard to portray some awesome blindside being setup, but it's the same every round. Everyone wants to stay comfortable and not think about winning. The obvious candidate goes every TC. I know that CBS is somewhat slave to how the players ended up voting; I just hope it builds up to a crazy explosion. Even though Kim deserves to win, I'd love to see her blindsided.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree I really like seeing twists that I never saw coming ahead of time... If Troyzan wins another immunity challenge I'm expecting quite a bit of drama b/t him and Kim so we'll see what happens.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I sure hope Kim does not win.

the men were soooo dumb this season. such a let down.
as much as colton annoyed me, he would of broken up the women.

I'm rooting for kat or sabrina to win. I would be ok with Alicia winning too

Christina is too mentally unstable at this point. I feel like this girl always gets put on the spot at the most awkward times and she always picks the worst possible route like when she was bidding in the reward challenge vs troyzan for the clue and she just gave up. And she got killed in the superlatives reward challenge. she cant shake theses bad boring awkward robotic vibes. Shes a shell right now of who she really is. Its sad to watch. She messed up when she made that dumb deal early with the men for gear without telling anyone and getting on Alicia's bad side. her game style never wins. you have to play. this is why tarzan will not win either.

kim needs to make a move with sabrina

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Tarzan does play. He said he wouldnt ally with the guys and made it clear for the women too. Now he is the last guy standing, and if he manage to win next immunity, he is in a great spot since he probably can convince some girls to join him. He probably realized that when he made that move, since he has been playing like he is no threat (unless he isnt).

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Troyzan's gone, guys. Lmao.

But at this point, Kim definitely deserves the win. I don't like Kat or Alicia. I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea, Sabrina, or Tarzan win.

I wish Colton had stayed now. He would've actually made a difference. =/

Top Bottom