• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
From the preview it looks like:
The new tribes are:

New Espada: Dan, Chase, Naonka, Yve, Tyrone, Benry, Alina, Holly

New La Flor: Kelly S, Kelly B, Jud, Jane, Sash, Marty, Brenda, Jill

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Last ep was okay, but only one challenge was lame.

Poor Jimmy T, but he had it coming. Marty the "puppet master" <3

Interesting to see how the Nay - Brenda - Chase dilemma pans out

Young tribe dominating so they have to shuffle teams lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, actually one tribe dominating hasn't forced them to do a tribe switch before. Actually, it's had the opposite effect. In Palau they were supposed to switch tribes at some point, but the producers wanted to see how long it would take Ulong to win Immunity...which of course never happened.

And I would LOVE if this was a double boot round and both Brenda and Naonka went, lol. That would make the season for me. Seriously, Dan could win after that and I'd still be happy.

Sariku

Smash Master
What a good episode! So much better than last weeks. I liked Tyrone a lot, but this episode just made him sound like an *******. I still like the guy, but... Bye bye, bro.

I LOVED both of these challenges. The Immunity Challenge is easily the best one in a long time, maybe period. At least, not comparing the final immunity challenges that span the seasons. I wish I could have taken part in it, that seemed like a LOT of fun.

...Am I the only one who laughed at Na'Onka when she said she had a divorce, AND she got no love from it?

...And does that make me a bad person?

Oh well. Screw that *****.

Next week, I seriously doubt it's the merge, though that'd definitely be interesting. Maybe a double boot?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I didn't notice you edited that, lol.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's bound to be a double boot episode next week. Also, I'm more surprised that Naonka was ever married at all than anything. It's incredibly unsurprising that she got a divorce, lol.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Great ep.

Nay shows deep down she's still human, vulnerable and mentally weak, may explain why she puts up such a biatch image. She should definitely be booted off sometime soon

Poor Tyrone, taking up the leadership role and getting voted off for it, I thought he did a decent seeing as noone else wanted to step up.

2 great challenges, the water dunking spitting one was insane though, practically water torture. Lol at Brenda panicking when they almost held her head under whilst slowing down for the others.

Shuffle teams was nice, eat them chicken!

Sariku

Smash Master
mhm, 20 minutes, :3

I'll reply an hour or so after it. I'm still calling a double boot tonight,!

Hopefully Na'Onka leaves. I hope Kelly B. stays!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
BRENDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

She now has the "mastermind" scared for his life. He's at her mercy. Brenda now runs this season.

Seriously Brenda is ftw. She has slowly proved to me that she is not nearly as much as an airhead as her pre-show interviews had hinted at. She was my original favorite and she will now remain my absolute favorite for the remainder of this season. Jeff Probst was right in calling her a black widow. She has not disappointed me at all so far. Her social game (at the moment) is flawless. She has alliances everywhere. Her strategic game has also been surprisingly good so far. She is a guaranteed top 3 unless someone rallies an alliance against her, Na Onka, Sash, and Chase. It will almost certainly happen, but I'm going to hope Brenda remains on top.

Anyways, the OP is updated! Yay

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, finally, Brenda has pleased me. I didn't like her at all throughout the game so far, but finally tonight she stepped up big. I was really impressed with her calling Marty out during the tribal council. She made an amazing strategic move, putting Marty in a position to plead to Jane for her vote. You go girl, I hope you keep surprising me.

Kelly B. will be missed, q_q She was definitely one of the most attractive girls there, I think. And she was just interesting. I love her<3

What the **** is up with Na'Onka and talking about legs, missing legs, or nubs? All she talks about is this crap. I can't wait to see the ***** leave.

Yve... she was such a sweet lady, D: I miss her a lot already. The older tribe just lost one of my favorite people on it, so I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Next episode looks like fun, especially with Fabio. I hope it's a good one, :]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
What Brenda tried to do in this episode isn't really such a super-genius move as it's just something that anybody who was in her position and had seen Heroes vs Villains would think of doing so I'm not about to give her credit for something like that. To top it off too, she got called out and pwned by Marty when he not only revealed that he never tried to get Jane out, but was able to read what was going on and not play the Idol. Now Marty can potentially get an alliance with Jud and Jane (who might be upset with Brenda) and take out Brenda, which would be amazing. Plus, her alliance totally made the wrong choice by keeping Marty when he still HAD an Idol over Kelly B who had no real allies aside from maybe potentially Jud or Jill (by default). I couldn't stand Brenda before, and now I hate her more now. Come to think of it, I really don't like Sash now, either.

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Be honest with yourself. ^

If Brenda was called 'Brendan' and had a *****, you would love him. Sometimes men just can't accept that females can be dominant strategically and physically. Brenda is running the game right now. She IS the best player this season. Fact.

Sariku

Smash Master
Be honest with yourself. ^

If Brenda was called 'Brendan' and had a *****, you would love him. Sometimes men just can't accept that females can be dominant strategically and physically. Brenda is running the game right now. She IS the best player this season. Fact.
I won't go that far to call her the best player, or at least running the game. She knows what she's doing, but honestly, no one else is even in the game right now. Has the camera shown anyone except NaOnka, Brenda, Marty, and the Jimmy's so far? I quite literally think Kelly S. has only had one interview so far.

I think others are honestly doing things, like Sash, but CBS knows big money is with the dominant females. Like Parv, and Sandra.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I AM honest with myself, RayaGRH, but it's true that Brenda's just doing something that anyone who saw Tocantins and/or Heroes vs Villains and was in her position would know to do. Hell, my friend who's only really seen Borneo and Gabon even suggested she should split the votes. It's not some genius thing when it's common sense. Besides, I'd take Alina over Brenda any day, and they're so obviously trying to edit Brenda as a Parvati clone just because when Parvati's one of my least favourite Survivors that it's irritating as hell.

Also, trying to even imply in the slightest that I'm sexist when I'm not? Not cool. Brenda/Sash/Naonka and their little 'minority alliance' are racist and I seem to be the only one calling them out on that. I mean, there's even a clip of Sash saying he's sad Tyrone went because he wanted to go to F4 with him being in the alliance, which is all kinds of wrong.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If you're saying Alina is an all-around better player than Brenda then why is Brenda in such a stronger position than Alina at the moment?

You act as if Brenda's only good move was when she decided to split the votes. She's made almost all of the right choices in terms of alliances. She rallied an alliance against the biggest leader of La Flor... IN THEIR FIRST TRIBAL! A huge move that has never been seen so early in a Survivor season. She has even shown that she has great potential in challenges... Remember that once challenge where everyone was blindfolded and someone had to be a caller? Guess who the caller was? You guessed it. Brenda. I don't see Alina helping as much in challenges. Also don't forget Brenda has been the main one responsible for taking out 2 out of 4 people in Alina's main alliance (Shannon, Kelly B., Jud, and Alina).

I'm completely unbiased and a true Survivor fan. So far the biggest player this season has been Brenda (with Marty close behind). Anyone who denies that is delusional.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd certainly argue that Marty's a bigger player than Brenda. And making big, obvious and out there moves does not always equate to you being the best player. I think that should be obvious to any fan by now. We haven't seen Alina have much of an opportunity to have to make any big moves yet, and she's been able to stay out of trouble on New Espada, when Chase/Naonka could've gone with the old folks to get her and Benry out. Brenda's over the top edit about things and how her moves are trying to be shown just screams overblown and exaggerated to me. I say this not as a biased person, but as a relatively unbiased one. I mean yes, I get it, Brenda's a villain, and so is Naonka. And I understand that rooting for the underdogs in this situation that would be Marty and Alina makes it seem like I'm just biased-ly voting for 'good' over 'evil' (though mind you, Fairplay is one of my favourites and he was clearly evil). However, with having my 3 favourites as Fabio, Marty, and Alina, with Jane possibly being there if she wakes up and realizes she's expendable to Brenda, I can't help but keep a bit to my picks. Nobody's totally unbiased.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Marty is the biggest player, but not the best. A lot of the stuff he did like voting off the Jimmys was a terrible idea and really short sighted.

Sariku

Smash Master
If you're saying Alina is an all-around better player than Brenda then why is Brenda in such a stronger position than Alina at the moment?

You act as if Brenda's only good move was when she decided to split the votes. She's made almost all of the right choices in terms of alliances. She rallied an alliance against the biggest leader of La Flor... IN THEIR FIRST TRIBAL! A huge move that has never been seen so early in a Survivor season. She has even shown that she has great potential in challenges... Remember that once challenge where everyone was blindfolded and someone had to be a caller? Guess who the caller was? You guessed it. Brenda. I don't see Alina helping as much in challenges. Also don't forget Brenda has been the main one responsible for taking out 2 out of 4 people in Alina's main alliance (Shannon, Kelly B., Jud, and Alina).

I'm completely unbiased and a true Survivor fan. So far the biggest player this season has been Brenda (with Marty close behind). Anyone who denies that is delusional.
I'm not sure who you were talking to right there, but... I have to agree somewhat with Livewire. Brenda is definitely getting a really positive edit. I'll say again that I was really impressed with what she did at Tribal this last episode, but it's certainly not true that moves of that magnitude hasn't been done before. One of mt favorite Survivors ever has to be Chris from Vanuatu. Of course there is some luck involved, and while he didn't do too much but side with the majority at the very beginning to save his own ***, he played extremely smart early game to eventually come out on top. Brenda is just doing it in a season where everyone on her tribe is being edited like Brett from Samoa. I don't think we've even seen anyone else from La Flor for half the amount of time we've seen Na'Onka, Brenda, and Jud. It's just how they're editing it. Because I like to view seasons by edits and edits by profit, I think this:

CBS sees that Brenda is like Parvati. She's beautiful, cunning, and sneaky (also, the only really interesting Asian female we've had on Survivor (sorry, Shii-Ann)), but unfortunately something happens and she doesn't win, like with Russell. They edit her to look even better than she is actually doing so fans fall in love with her and they can bring her back for another season in the future. Just like Russell.

I'd certainly argue that Marty's a bigger player than Brenda. And making big, obvious and out there moves does not always equate to you being the best player. I think that should be obvious to any fan by now. We haven't seen Alina have much of an opportunity to have to make any big moves yet, and she's been able to stay out of trouble on New Espada, when Chase/Naonka could've gone with the old folks to get her and Benry out. Brenda's over the top edit about things and how her moves are trying to be shown just screams overblown and exaggerated to me. I say this not as a biased person, but as a relatively unbiased one. I mean yes, I get it, Brenda's a villain, and so is Naonka. And I understand that rooting for the underdogs in this situation that would be Marty and Alina makes it seem like I'm just biased-ly voting for 'good' over 'evil' (though mind you, Fairplay is one of my favourites and he was clearly evil). However, with having my 3 favourites as Fabio, Marty, and Alina, with Jane possibly being there if she wakes up and realizes she's expendable to Brenda, I can't help but keep a bit to my picks. Nobody's totally unbiased.
See above for opinion on Brenda. And, I agree with Marty being a bigger player. But that does partially go to the fact he's had five tribal council's to shine, and she's only had two...

Marty is the biggest player, but not the best. A lot of the stuff he did like voting off the Jimmys was a terrible idea and really short sighted.
I don't think it was a flaw in voting off the Jimmy's. If Jimmy Johnson found any reason to get rid of Marty (if everyone else was sick of him and he didn't want to be on their bad side), he would do it. And people didn't like Marty too much. Same with Jimmy T. No one wanted Jimmy T. around still. He was as bad as Wendy. When you read Jeff and Dalton's blogs, you can tell where the contestants just got sick of him. They were both fairly solid moves. Tyrone was A-Okay before the Jimmy's were voted, so unless you can think of better moves (besides getting rid of Dan, which as much as I love him and his adorable puppy dog eyes, I know should of happened by now), I'm calling my point valid. x:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Interesting point in regards to the way they're editing Brenda. Of course, when you compare that to the way they're editing Marty and all that it seems to me quite plausible to assume that one (or even maybe both) are going to be going down, and courtesy of some giant blindside, I'm sure.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
While I don't condone the posting of spoilers in general, I can at least thank you for putting essentially a giant neon warning sign of text and making sure you checked your that your spoiler tags were done properly so it didn't accidentally show and I didn't wind up seeing it, as I don't want to.

Sariku

Smash Master
;D

It's really not that big a deal, but I thought it'd be interesting to share. What's the consensus of S22 spoilers? By that, I only mean the theme and contestants... nothing in game, because there is some good discussion that could be had on the three or four people confirmed to be in the season... D:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The consensus on S22 spoilers is that people are going back and forth on even what the heck the theme is or whatever. I've heard everything from
Fans vs Favourites 2, Rob vs Russell, and Redemption Island. I've heard like 3 people supposedly confirmed though only 2 are obvious, and the third has gone back and forth. Spoilers seems to be in semi-turmoil over what's really going on with it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The spoiler doesn't include any boot does it??

@Live

S22 has been confirmed to have Russel and Rob in it. We don't know of it will be the theme for S22 but they are definitely in it.

Sariku

Smash Master
My giant 'neon' spoiler doesn't have a bootlist. But, uhhh. If you are trying to avoid bootlists, you don't want to look it.

About the S22 theme, I'll tell you what it is:
Survivor 22: Redemption Island (Russell VS. Rob). Of course RvR won't be in the title, but that's what it is. It brings a lot of D-Rank celebrities to the island as well, and it seems to have a rivalries theme between contestants. The confirmed contestants so far are:

Rob Mariano
Russell Hantz

KIMBO SLICE

Ashley Underwood
Carrie Prejean

That's all I have right now. THAT'S not a boot list. they're just the contestants so far confirmed. As you can tell by the final two if you do your studies, they were both state holders for Miss USA 2009. So obviously they know each other, or of each other. Which brings question that there will be a rivalries theme to the table. that's not confirmed... but fairly certain.

Please don't be afraid to highlight it. It won't ruin the season, promiseeee.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
@Sariku

That's something that I've NEVER heard at all in any way shape or form. In fact, I haven't heard of any of those non Rob or Russell people being confirmed and every season since China has pretty much been 'confirming' Kimbo Slice. The guy gets 'confirmed' to be there every single year. Like really, the last thing Survivor would ever do is some kind of Survivor with celebrities. Hell, Burnett and Probst have both said that it would never happen, so I don't think there's any real way that would happen. Plus, the theme of "Redemption Island" certainly does NOTHING to suggest that it would be Z-list celebrities on the show. If anything, it's just saying that there's going to be returning contestants who have been on previous seasons. And if it was about Redemption and rivalries, it would most likely be rivals from past seasons. For example, it's much more likely we'd wind up with like Sandra vs Fairplay as a pair, or Susie vs Corinne, Coach vs Sierra, etc. Just saying, that's even MORE ridiculous than Rob vs Russell, so I'm not worried that they'd be dumb enough to do it.

Edit: Also, to Sariku:
If you're saying that there's a F3 in that neon spoiler, which I'm NOT asking for a response about, then know that there were two Final 3s floating around apparently that got leaked onto like everywhere on Sucks but both have essentially been confirmed as false since blackwhale and missyae, the two main spoiler people haven't released a final three yet, and well, only do their spoilers like 2 rounds ahead, so you can take comfort in that.

Sariku

Smash Master
@Sariku

That's something that I've NEVER heard at all in any way shape or form. In fact, I haven't heard of any of those non Rob or Russell people being confirmed and every season since China has pretty much been 'confirming' Kimbo Slice. The guy gets 'confirmed' to be there every single year. Like really, the last thing Survivor would ever do is some kind of Survivor with celebrities. Hell, Burnett and Probst have both said that it would never happen, so I don't think there's any real way that would happen. Plus, the theme of "Redemption Island" certainly does NOTHING to suggest that it would be Z-list celebrities on the show. If anything, it's just saying that there's going to be returning contestants who have been on previous seasons. And if it was about Redemption and rivalries, it would most likely be rivals from past seasons. For example, it's much more likely we'd wind up with like Sandra vs Fairplay as a pair, or Susie vs Corinne, Coach vs Sierra, etc. Just saying, that's even MORE ridiculous than Rob vs Russell, so I'm not worried that they'd be dumb enough to do it.
Prepare for the worst then, because I'm being dead serious. That's what is happening. If you want to hold me to it, when the season airs, Kimbo Slice and Rob get in a huge conflict with each other and Russell's team dominates in challenges.

Yeah, it sounds dumb. And I know the stuff about Kimbo since China, but this is true, :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
@Sariku again:
I know you didn't intend it, but since I really don't want to know about spoilers for this season, you can take that to mean I don't want to know any for S22 too. Hell, take it to mean I don't want to know anything for S23, 24, 25, 38, whatever. Pretty much for any season in general. So, in this case, that means I REALLY didn't want to know about the Rob/Kimbo or Russell tribe stuff, since that's still pretty bad on my "not wanting to know" spoiler-wise list.

Sariku

Smash Master
But LiveWire, it isn't true, right?
That's all I'm going to say. I'm done with 22 over here for now until things cool down.
But in that 'neon' spoiler, no, there is no final three, :p
I haven't kept up with any recent spoilers or speculation for 21. I know almost as much as you guys do, :p
I just want my Jud to be in the final three<3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't care how it happens, I'd love for a Marty/Alina/Jud/Jill Final 4, with a Marty/Alina/Jud final 3. That's NOT spoiler, that's just something that would make the season amazing. Though...I think we're at the point in the season where we can see who would probably be brought back for future All-Star seasons.

Sariku

Smash Master
Who, Livewire? O:

I love Jill, but she's killing me. She was a pre-show favorite, but now she's just kinda sitting there. Hopefully she steps up her game soon. Why wasn't she voted off instead of Kelly B... >_>

I really like Benry now too<3 After watching some of the behind the scenes and stuff on CBS, he has such a great personality. He's kinda cute, too... :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've watched some of the behind the scenes stuff and Sash is just pissing me off. I still have trouble believing he said he was upset Tyrone was voted off because he wanted him in the f4 with him as a minority. :urg:

Sariku

Smash Master
I haven't watched much about Sash, though I enjoy him so far. I'm hoping he steps his game up. But I don't really think that he really wants that minority alliance. I truly think that he did, but it's not on the forefront of his mind. I could be wrong, though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
On CBS.com, he has some confessional where he talks about how he hopes his minority alliance is safe and that "minorities have a bond others just can't understand".

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As much as I hate to say it that statement that Sash made is actually very true IRL.

Not gonna lie though it would be kinda funny to have an all "minority" F3 considering the cast is made up mostly of Caucasians.

Sariku

Smash Master
/me points at Survivor Fiji.

They had five Hispanics, five African Americans, five Caucasians, and five Asians. And the final three were all African American, :p

Top Bottom