• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Sariku

Smash Master
You know, I'm going to just assume Israel, Australia, or South Africas Survivor series' have had it happen first since....I've seen about 1000 things happen in those that have NEVER happened in the US ones, lol. Hell, even the UK season had some stuff.
Who knows :p
I really hope they don't edit it over two episodes. if they do, I'm excited for the episode after next. fml.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Isn't the finale on the 19th? So in order to do the typical (well typical for a F3 which they seem to have since jury started at 12) "5 people at finale, and F3 face jury" thing, wouldn't they have to have a double boot episode at some point? And isn't this about the same time in the season that they did it in Samoa and HvV?

Sariku

Smash Master
Isn't the finale on the 19th? So in order to do the typical (well typical for a F3 which they seem to have since jury started at 12) "5 people at finale, and F3 face jury" thing, wouldn't they have to have a double boot episode at some point? And isn't this about the same time in the season that they did it in Samoa and HvV?
ONLY LIVEY READ THIS:

Since you know Na'Onka quits, they could do a her quitting plus a boot. or they could make a big deal about it, then do a double boot next week.

Sariku

Smash Master
it's just bleh. ticks me off. I spoiled that at the beginning of the season, but no one read it. now I'm promising to be quiet and then CBS does it for me. ughhh

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's the whole 30 second Russell Swan Probst-voiceover promo showing him passing out and ending with the medic going "Russell, can you hear me?". So that without a shadow of a doubt spoiled any kind of thing that would be happening in the episode. This....leaves plenty of room for speculation and erroneous guessing, and probably a lot of us ARE going to guess wrong.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not compare Swannie (who was awesome), to Dr. Douche (who's blindside was perhaps the most satisfying ever, partially due to someone telling me the week before that they knew he won Gabon). Let's keep things sane here.

Sariku

Smash Master
I miss Gabon, D:
Why Sugar, ugh. I know Randy was cool, but they should of brought back like, Ken and Matty. OMG I MISS MATTY, D:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Matty was fine until he went all emo and whiny over Kenny tossing him a throwaway vote when he tried to get Crystal out when they were still allied. Hm, should've had like...Kenny and Penner for the villains instead of Randy and Tyson. No way Kenny or Penner would've randomly gone stupid and voted themselves out.

Sariku

Smash Master
Matty was fine until he went all emo and whiny over Kenny tossing him a throwaway vote when he tried to get Crystal out when they were still allied. Hm, should've had like...Kenny and Penner for the villains instead of Randy and Tyson. No way Kenny or Penner would've randomly gone stupid and voted themselves out.
Why are you calling him Kenny, D',':
That was my pet peeve of the season, haha. and no, I love almost everyone in that season, except GC. Crystal was so entertaining...bah! They should redo Gabon with the same casttt<3

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Matty was great, I mean it was a bit annoying when he was complaining about Kenny and Crystal, but he was more campaigning than complaining. He knew if Bob won immunity again he would be next, so getting out Kenny/Crystal was his only option.

He had such an amazing bromance with Ken.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hi bromance with Ken was almost as random and awesome as the Ken/Crystal partnership. There's a really funny video about it too. I think it's called "Kenny Matty Combo". It's hilarious because it's done to the Titanic theme (the non-words one).

Sariku

Smash Master
I really do miss those two. they should of came back, bah.
they should come up with the season "Survivor: Fan Favorites."
Were we get to choose, D:

Sariku

Smash Master
I bet if the people who cared about the season the most got together, we'd be able to get interesting characters. and I'd be fine with Russell, Rupert, Stephanie, Parvati, Boston Rob, etc. they're always interesting.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
As much as I like Boston Rob, there's no reason to justify anybody being on 4 or 5 or 6 or whatever the hell many times. Hell, you could argue 3 is complete overkill.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Am I the only one who thinks this season so far has been fairly flat? :\

I guess I'm comparing it too much to HvV, but the Tribals just haven't been doing it for me this season. Almost every one is predictable.

If only Sash gave Brenda his Imunity Idol... THAT would have stirred some things up, but I guess not. :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've actually been liking this season a good bit so far. But maybe my liking it is because some ******* kept spoiling HvV for me, so I knew the F3 and what like 2/3 of the boot order was by episode 3...

However, it's certainly miles better than Fiji, Exile Island, Tocantins, and Samoa.

And Sariku, I can understand not wanting to see Amanda or James again, and can even understand Cirie. However, Penner? If anything we need, MORE Penner. :bee:

Sariku

Smash Master
Eh, I liked Fiji more than this. and I love Tocan and Samoa.
And Penner had a cool idea, but he couldn't ever get stuff done. not in his first season and not in FvF. it doesn't matter how much of a gameplan you ahve, if you can't put it in motion, you're lame./

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Fiji is universally panned by both casual AND 99.9% of the hardcore fanbase as the WORST season of Survivor ever. At least, until Samoa came along. And then the non-sheep fans hated it because the editing was SO BAD that it completely ruined the chance of anybody but Russell ever being considered a good character when Laura, Dave, Erik, Swannie, Monica, and Liz clearly were.

Edit: Oh, and Penner WAS in a position to get a lot of crap done in FvF. He would've gotten Parvati out first if Bonaduce didn't break Fairplay's teeth, and he was in a great position on NuAirai with him and Eliza being in good with Jason/Kathy/Alexis and having an alliance there with them. It just so happens that him getting med-evaced happened to be the straw on Kathy's back that made her break down and quit (since apparently the two really bonded and he was like her rock out there).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I loved Tocantins because of the cast. Not necessarily the strategic play. Tocantins brought us JT, Stephen, Coach, Tyson (I miss Tyson), Taj, and SIERRA! I miss Sierra so much! :( Tocantins, overall, had a very enjoyable cast.

I loved Samoa because I was a Foa Foa fan from the beginning, and seeing the Foa Foa 4some climb their way to the top from their small numbers was very entertaining for me to watch. And of course it brought us the most controversial, yet most entertaining player we've ever had: Russel Hantz :)

But in this season everything is pretty meh to me. The cast is meh, the strategic play is meh, and all of my favorites left far too early.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yeah, Tocantins was fun to watch. I think I've watched it like, four times. no lie, dead serious. Tyson, I had a man crush on that guy. Samoa had Russell, and even people like Jaison and Dave were hella interesting.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dreamz and Rocky (along with Lisi) were both pretty darn hard to watch and stand. Especially since Dreamz actually took himself seriously.

Sure Tocantins brought us Coach, JT, Stephen, and the good Tyson, but Taj is meh, and we got annoying people like Erinn, Debbie, Sierra, and others.

As for Samoa, aside from what I touched on, the Foa 4 were totally meh and not really that likable except for Natalie. I mean, Russhole is by all accounts the most repetitive and one dimensional character I've ever seen. I mean, even Osten from Pearl Islands, who's whole stoyline was him whining about wanting to quit had more dimensions and more than 2 different confessionals. All of my favourites were either on Galu or Betsy anyway, lol.

I find a lot of the strategy to be good, there are a lot of good characters to suit just about anybody's taste, and the editing is a LOT more fair and equal than any of the Russell seasons editing was, which is such a fresh change.

Of course, some of my favourite seasons are Borneo, Pearl Islands, Vanuatu, Guatemala, China, and pre-Final 6 Gabon, so...

Top Bottom