• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Jem.

Smash Master
Ken turned on Matty though, and Ken kind of left the game as a crybaby trying to scam Bob of the individual immunity :p. I mean, how was Coach a villain? JT and Fishbach turned on Coach and Coach got put as a villain while JT was glorified XD

Jem.

Smash Master
Coach wasnt really that bad in Tocantins

Not enough to warrant a villain spot.. Why was Sugar a hero? That's one of the biggest disgraces.. She blindsided the hell out of Matty, turned on Ace, turned on pretty much everyone in the final 8 lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Coach wasnt really that bad in Tocantins

Not enough to warrant a villain spot.. Why was Sugar a hero? That's one of the biggest disgraces.. She blindsided the hell out of Matty, turned on Ace, turned on pretty much everyone in the final 8 lol

Oh yeah, Sugar was the true villain of Gabon by ruining the season. She's the exact same as Corinne, just "faking good" instead of "faking evil". And the thing with Kenny and Matty was that Kenny threw a vote away towards Matty at the Final 7 in order to get Corinne and Bob's jury votes in case he made the Final 3. The thing some people miss is that he told Sugar, Crystal, and Susie that he was going to vote for Matty that night and all 3 were fine with it. Plus, from interviews Kenny wasn't mad that Bob didn't give him Immunity because he felt only an idiot would give up Immunity, he was mad that Bob refused to admit he played the game or that he ever lied, which totally makes sense. And Tocantins Tyson was amazing. I never got all the Sierra love that much.

Jem.

Smash Master
If you just watch the show, Ken comes off as a villain. He doesnt come off as a good guy lol. Trust me I've seen the interviews and everything. Plus I've had extensive convos with people who have played :) And had Probst talk to me

Did anyone catch this? Probst said "Cochran and Philip going first for the HEROES" on the immunity challenge. Silly Probst, wrong tribe name /season!

Tyson is by far one of my favorites to play. He is hilarious. I loved his departing speech on HvV. "Well what can you do, I'm still awesome" and didnt whine like a lot people

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I never really bought that he comes across as a villain though. I've always felt he comes across as the underdog because well, that's what he is, lol. It's the same way that it's ridiculously obvious that Shambo and Jane were terrible people who hated on Galu and Marty respectively when they had never even done anything to them, as opposed to being "good guys" like some people think they are.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Tyson came across as a likeable ass hole in Tocantins. Despite the fact that he was always picking on Sierra I still thought he was genuinely funny.

Coach was just an ass hole.

Can't wait for the new episode tonight! #GoBrenda

WIDL

We Are Born
Did anyone catch this? Probst said "Cochran and Philip going first for the HEROES" on the immunity challenge. Silly Probst, wrong tribe name /season!
I totally missed that! Hilarious. I rewatched the challenge just now.

I think Coach was a villain because like Jeff said here. He didn't do anything, people just hated him. And I bet they needed a colorful character. And Sugar played very emotionally at times, and I guess that's viewed as a sign of goodness. I actually liked her in the Gabon season (maybe because I hated Ace), but I was sad when she suddenly flipped because Crystal was "kicking Matty when he was down". I really want Ken to return if they do a HvV2, but my fear is that they don't remember him. I mean, there are several to choose from, in HvV they brought back Sandra from waaay back. And Michael Skupin all the way from the second season. And I know Jeff wanted Shane on the villain tribe if they had more spots.

OK, over the latest episode. I liked it, nothing special. So happy that the favorites won that challenge (#TeamBrendaAndErik). I kinda had a feeling that Allie would be the one going as soon as it was clear that the fans had lost the challenge. And I love that Laura bluntly said "I saw a bulge in someone's pocket" at the tribal - and while I personally would have immediately directed that towards Reynolds, I think it was cool that she actually did it. Before the tribal, I was actually think "I would call that out if I was Laura", and she did. I like her. She seems kinda smart. The downside to Allie going home is that she didn't strike me as a dumb blondes or anything like that, like one of the girls said (Laura?), she seemed aware, and smarter. I think Allie could have brought more to the season than Shamar, but yeah, it's a no-brainer vote, even that they still would be 5-4 had Shamar gone home.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I thought that last episode was fantastic just like the first. Lots of drama and tribal was pretty intense. I like the fact that both tribals have had split alliances so far instead of everyone just ganging up on one person. Makes things a lot more interesting from here on out.

LOL cool kids alliance falls flat on its face. I like Reynold but the look on his face when his hook up buddy got voted out was priceless. Time to see if he can scramble and do something with that idol. I'm on the Sherri/Michael bandwagon as of that last episode. Sherri's a player (and a MILF). I hope to see more of Laura as well. Good for her for exposing Reynold in front of the tribe like that.

Phillip continues to bring the lulz. I loved that segment with him bragging about Malcolm while he was just standing there smilling awkwardly.

Shamar and Brandon continue to be idiots and make my eyes bleed every time they get screen time. Unfortunately Shamar might go far if Sherri is able to keep him around.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
One thing that's kind of amusing is how some things are mirroring FvF1. Like in that the Fans won the first Immunity and lost the 2nd, in this the same happened, and at the Fans' first tribal in Micronesia they split up a group they viewed as a couple, while doing the same here.

WIDL

We Are Born
Also, Corinne needs a confessional dammit! She hasn't had ONE. And Allie had like 2? One of those quiet exits. :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Also, Corinne needs a confessional dammit! She hasn't had ONE. And Allie had like 2? One of those quiet exits. :p

I have to admit that Corinne being pretty invisible is actually one of the things I like about this season. In Gabon I hated how fake, forceful, and camera-hoggy she was so for her clamoring for attention to get her nothing this time is hilarious.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Solid start so far. Look like some real tactics are going down. I doubt Shamar will last another council cause...he's like Shrek or something, just a loud bellowing ogre. To put it lightly. Lol. But it is kind of entertaining. Liking Laura too. Oh, more Corinne time please. She's looking particularly nice this season...heh (but ain't no RC :( )

WIDL

We Are Born
I have to admit that Corinne being pretty invisible is actually one of the things I like about this season. In Gabon I hated how fake, forceful, and camera-hoggy she was so for her clamoring for attention to get her nothing this time is hilarious.
I'd much rather listen to her soundbites rather than at least ten of the other contestants. :p

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So...any discussion at all? I think this season is pretty solid so far. You know there's legit strategy when they still keep Shamar. Mmm Corrine still looking nice. And Andrea. I lold at Cochrans comment about the women basically in their underwear. Haven't seen a lot of Brenda yet. Oh, my biggest complaint is still the idol being too easy to find. Love how they hid it in plain sight last season but come on...Malcolm andCoRinne literally walk up to the first tree and find it. You have an entire island to use producers!

WIDL

We Are Born
Friend or not, I don't get why Hope didn't flip her vote to Eddie. In both scenarios the cool kids were offered, she would have been safe.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Friend or not, I don't get why Hope didn't flip her vote to Eddie. In both scenarios the cool kids were offered, she would have been safe.
I totally agree. If Julia and Laura came through and she voted Eddie, then the vote would have tied 4-4-1 with 4 for Shamar, 4 for Eddie, and 1 for Hope, giving Hope/Reynold/Julia/Laura control on the re-vote and the power to send Shamar home. If Julia/Laura didn't come through and she voted Eddie, then Eddie goes home 4-3-2. 4 for Eddie, 3 for Hope, 2 for Shamar. I mean hell, Shamar pretty much told her what was going on and to do that.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So Brandon's freakout next episode...looks pretty interesting.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
We all knew Brandon was a ticking timb bomb just waiting to go off. That's why I was so pissed when I found out he was returning. He isn't a good player in any way nor is he entertaining in the slightest. He was chosen to simply cause chaos/drama around camp.

And once again I'm going to have to ask what the **** is going on with Brenda? She's barely getting any screen time! She was one of the biggest stars in her season and now she's being reduced to a nobody. :(

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The producers are giving her as much screen time as CGI Brett.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
What a waste of an episode... Half of it was spent showing the audience that Brandon is a crazy, egotistical, why little *****... Shocker! Only entertaining part was watching Reynold's reactions when the Fans tribe got to watch Brandon go off on the Favorites. I said earlier in this thread that Malcom has probably met his match in terms of challenge domination after watching him and Reynold go at it in the first episode. In terms of Survivor skills him and Malcolm are very similar, but I think Malcolm is the better strategest and has slightly better social skills as well. I see both him and Reynold as power players this season.

Brandon Hantz is now my least favorite Survivor to have ever been on the show. Even the Hantz haters can at least admit that Russel knew how to play the freaking game, but Brandon is just... wow. Talk about a mental wreck. Never want to see him again.

Once again Brenda is non-existent. I just don't get it man. Every person on the Favorites tribe has been getting screen time but her... Now that I think about it she might be getting least amount of screen time than anyone including the Fans. Did Probst hit on her and get rejected or something? Like seriously am I wrong for being suspicious about this? How can a woman with her looks, intelligence, and charm not get any screen time whatsoever? The girl got more screen time in the first episode of Nicaragua than she has in 4-5 episodes or whatever into FvF2. Anyone else have an answer for this? I'm continually getting more confused and irritated with this the further into the season we get.

WIDL

We Are Born
Slightly? I think Malcolm has social skills waaaaay above Reynold's. Reynold seems pretty arrogant. I don't get that vibe from Malcolm. I do think Reynold has game, at least. If he makes it to final 9 or 10, I could see him returning. They like their challenge dominator, the producers (though, I didn't necessarily see the favorites as challenge dominators. Oh well!)

But yeah, crazy episode. Super-uncomfortable, though. I've been waiting for Brandon to leave, so I'm happy, I totally agree. Most unlikeable player ever. At least in the top 3. I just hope this doesn't spell trouble for Erik and Brenda (both have had confessionals only in the first episode, Erik 2 and Brenda 1, it's ridiculous), but judging from the preview, the Stealth 'R Us 6 alliance are eating each other at the moment. It also looks like a swap next week, and either way it will be 4-3 in both tribes. Reynold's idol is scary in that sense, but the whole swap might shift the dynamics in the favorites tribe, which makes for an interesting merge. How crazy would it be, if there is a swap, if Reynold and Malcolm were to end up on the same tribe? Two idols in a tribe of 7. Wow.

Sariku

Smash Master
I get that some people didn't like this episode, but I loved it. Yeah, we all knew Brandon was not mentally stable since South Pacific, but this was pure entertainment on tons of levels. Watching Phillip and Brandon throw punches at each other was incredible. I didn't know that they use that language on TV, even if it was bleeped and dropped. It's just something you've never seen before on survivor.

Brandon also got to be the voice of the people, telling phillip what most people are thinking real time. Watching Dawn specifically break don over this, her being the mom she is, actually touched me, felt bad for her because I feel like she may have blamed herself for some of the tins due to the mother in her.

Plus it's fun to watch people break down on national television... Maybe I'm just ****ed up, haha. Excited for a tribe swap.

Oh, and hi guys! It's been a while. :)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I thought it was surprisingly good, and with Brandon and Shamar gone, that clears up a lot of airtime. Plus, I don't think Phillip to be all that long for it. And admittedly, still disagree on Russell knowing how to play, but that's for another time.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Idols are still too easy to find...remember when they were well enough hidden that you actually had to look for clues to find them? Kinda like a real treasure hunt? To have the same person find it twice 6 hours later just shows how ridiculously easy they are to find. It was well hidden last season though.

Anyways, this episode was...uncomfortable to watch.That episode was like an episode of Jerry Springer, not actual Survivor. Brandon and the whole Hantz family are nuts. Granted Brandon was right about some things (specially the Boston Rob comment, bout the only part I like) he can't maturely express himself so yeah...never put him on Survivor again. It also felt like exploitation of someone who is mentally unwell for ratings. Ugh...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I miss exile island. Why did they drop it? Tocantins was the last one, wasn't it?
People didn't like it because it took up too much time and never really seemed to amount to all that much. Hell, most people forget that Tocantins had a pre-merge long Mutiny offer because it was such a flop.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
wow Branden. epic fail. hes gonna look back and regret what he did for sure. What a wishy washy player. He sucked the whole way. But he's the type that would have made me crack because I can't stand how flimsy the kid is woooooow. How old is he?

If he would of tried to throw the rice away on me, I would of tackled him and pinned him down. There's no way ANYONE is gonna mess with my food!

how did this guy become a father of two? That flare up is gonna hurt him trying to find a job. I deff would not hire that dummy.

I like Phil this season!! He's a strong player and is a beast at challenges. And he kept his cool like an good player would.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I didn't like the episode because Brandon's inevitable meltdown was good drama but it just wasn't Survivor... It was 25 minutes of watching a mentally unstable idiot go off for no reason. It was why he was brought onto the show in the first place and the Survivor crew knew they would exploit his mental issues as soon as the opportunity rose. The entire dilemma just doesn't sit well with me.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Brandon. He's going to regret that blow up for the rest of his life and he'll be seen as nothing but a lunatic to the general public for quite a while now. The dude got straight up exploited by the TV industry.

WIDL

We Are Born
People didn't like it because it took up too much time and never really seemed to amount to all that much. Hell, most people forget that Tocantins had a pre-merge long Mutiny offer because it was such a flop.
Alright. Guess it's because I started watching when Gabon was on, and they had exile island. They did have it for a while though? The idol was pretty hard to find in Micronesia iirc. They had to do a lot of stuff to get it.

WIDL

We Are Born
If you were to show someone who hasn't seen Survivor before, which season would you suggest? I'm thinking either China or Micronesia. My friend tend to be all about girl power though, lol, but One World is too meh. And Micronesia has a lot of returning players.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If you were to show someone who hasn't seen Survivor before, which season would you suggest? I'm thinking either China or Micronesia. My friend tend to be all about girl power though, lol, but One World is too meh. And Micronesia has a lot of returning players.
I always recommend showing someone that hasn't seen Survivor before and wants to see how it is Pearl Islands. I've always found that season to be the perfect blend of survival, twists, strategy, and big characters, and I admittedly have it listed as my favourite (and the best) Survivor season EVER.

WIDL

We Are Born
Yeah, I thought about that one too! Personally I watched Gabon first (guess why lololol), and Micronesia while waiting the next episode sometime during the season. I thought it was a decent introduction. :)

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I kinda liked this episode, but I really really hope ones like this do not become a trend. Brandon wasn't just a terrible player--he didn't even really care about playing the game at all. Just 'showing people who he is' or some bull****. People might not have liked Russel's play style but at least he was trying to win the game and had respect for it. He also had basic social decorum even if he sort of went insane at the end of Heroes vs. Villains, he was on the end of playing two full games of Survivor with only a short break in between which would be extremely stressful. Brandon was just a petulant child. He finds out Phil wants him gone and then 'decides his own fate' by 'getting himself voted out' even though he was already going to? Russel at least would have tried to fight tooth and nail to forge a new alliance or win the immunity challenge or something.Then he was "doing it for the fans to make things even."

This season has been kind of annoying so far in that there's been a lot of interpersonal drama between ridiculous morons. I like the drama when it's about votes and strategy and people trying to win. It's like the difference between playing an online game with a bunch of people who are trying to win, some of them might be douchebags but at least they're playing the game. Brandon and Shamar are kind of like the people who come in and start teamkilling everyone and laughing about it making it impossible to enjoy the game until they're gone. Shamar was not nearly as terrible as Brandon though.

Now that the two of them are gone I think we will get more screentime for the more cool-headed and interesting people like Brenda, Malcolm, and Cochran. We had a lot of Shamar and Brandon because they brought conflict in the early game and they needed a lot of screentime to tell their complete 'story' so to speak. So even though Brenda hasn't been getting a lot of screentime I wouldn't count her out because of that, someone's got to get cut to make room for dumbfest 2013. Though there is still Phil out there being a complete goof. But I think he handled himself pretty well this episode, considering Brandon was antagonizing him even going so far as to ask him to fight him physically. That is the sort of thing that happens on Jerry Springer or something, not Survivor.

Top Bottom