• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Craziest tribal since the one where Parvati played her two idols in HvV.

Damn I love Survivor. This **** will never get old. XD
It's actually crazier since this is only the 2nd time that multiple Idols got played at once and the only time in any version of Survivor I know of that multiple Idols have been played with the people using them getting votes. So godlike, and just think they're going to replant one of the Idols AGAIN.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Malcolm and Reynold really make one hell of a team. Reynold's challenge dominance + Malcolms strategic prowess = One annoying ass duo to vote out.

Oh and Brenda finally got some screen time so I was happy to see that. I want to marry that woman.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But... they still don't have the numbers. Just delaying the inevitable really. Except...

*Survivor Preview of the Next Episode*

Sherri: If you can't beat'em, join'em!

...Oh Sherri, please don't be stupid. Just vote them out, only one can be immune at a time and that's not even guaranteed to happen to one of them. Guaranteed to easily knock out two without obstruction, and the one will eventually fall if not immediately after.

Also, bummed out that Phillip is gone, actually liked him, and he was friendly and surprisingly logical, even to the very end in both respects. And yet he was voted out because he apparently sucked the fun out of the game, which doesn't really make sense nor seems like good strategic criteria... It would have been better to vote out Erik, who for some reason voted pointlessly for "Fillip". He's actually competent in challenges (though apparently not in any other regard...).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Holder voting out Phillip was the logical move IMO because he was the head of the snake and was the main person who held that alliance together. Without Phillip Sherri and someone else is more likely to flip now.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Lol Erik is one of the worst Survivors ever...strategy wise. He just flies under the radar and kind of just goes like "whatev" during the votes. Every time I see it it seems like he is a random inhabitant that lives on the island and mingles with the other players actually playing the game.

Yeah...he's ok though to watch. He's pretty random which is fun.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't understand. It is not like Phillip did everything, or that everyone in that alliance was only in it because of Phillip's role. They still have the numbers, plenty of smart people left within it as well. Phillip being gone is just a subtraction of a number, the members in the alliance still would benefit most out of staying right where they are and I highly doubt their decision making skills will suddenly plummet either. Granted, the entire alliance for the most part are around the same ballpark in threat in regards to challenges with the exception of Erik, so it's not necessarily a bad choice, just not really an optimum one. Yeah, he plotted more than some of the others, but a plotter has no real demand for another plotter, like I said they still have smart people left. The alliance can still function well, especially considering how well off they are. The decision making should be pretty straightforward anyhow by this point. With three hidden immunity idols the other alliance have still failed to turn the tide, and those are now gone forever.

Sometimes I like to imagine Erik waking up in the morning, sitting up, looking around, and saying, "Wait... how in the hell did I get on this island?" :laugh:

WIDL

We Are Born
WOW. This episode was so exciting. Malcolm is really setting himself up for a 3rd season.

And Phillip got voted out, I'm happy with that. I still really like Erik, maybe the only one, but I thought he was so cool in Micronesia (the second season I watched). I also like that he pointed out the fact that one of them might not play the idol. Didn't quite get the "Phillip" vote, but oh well, hopefully it doesn't matter to the rest, since only three votes were read.

If Sherri joins them, she's stoooopidddd. But it's only the preview, so I'm not convinced. They gotta get them out. They will probably have a lot of physical challenges to benefit the trio, in true survivor fashion. :p I'm hoping for another brain teaser. They can still split the votes anyway. I'd imagine if one of the three wins immunity and if Malcolm finds another idol, he could just flip his vote to Eddie/Reynold to save his idol (it's a risk, but yeah) - given it's 6 to 3.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, guess I've said it a million times but the idols are still too easy to find...it's basically a guessing game. What's the point of clues if you can literally find them by flipping over a random rock?

WIDL

We Are Born
I agree, that's why I like exile island. They had to do a lot of stuff to get the idol in Micronesia and Gabon.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I did like the way they hid it last season actually, with it being in plain sight that make it kind of difficult to find.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That move was required to take out that player, lol that target was kinda big.(to not spoil toomuch for those who has yet to watch the episode).

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yaaaay they actually hid the idol decently this time! It actually...requires a clue now!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And Brenda finally got screen time! Shes been such a non-factor this season though so I don't see her making it much further. And even if she did make the Finals I see no reason why she'd get votes. Disappointed to say the least.

Poor Malcolm he had a good run... Hope we'll see him again one more time (Heroes vs Villains 2?). Very smart of Andrea to keep an eye on him. That girl is vicious I could see her winning this season. Her or Cochran at least.

Cochran winning would definitely be the icing on the cake for this season.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah Cochran got a rough time last game. When he flipped everyone basically bullied him for it cause he was feeble, honestly. I wouldn't mind seeing him win.

I don't really like Dawn much though. Never cared for contestants who have mental breakdowns and whatnot.

Oh, loved Malcolm's last comment " I need a drink" hahaha. Normally I never like the people that everyone else does...who usually win fan favorite, but I did enjoy Malcolm. One of the guys spelt it name wrong on the votes too, think it was Eric. "Malcom" Pfffff

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
This episode really made me dislike Cochran more. I mean, the guy's just been coming across as pretty arrogant and kinda unlikable lately, to me.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This episode really made me dislike Cochran more. I mean, the guy's just been coming across as pretty arrogant and kinda unlikable lately, to me.
I agree. I liked him when he won immunity at the gross food eating challenge, because it was like a comeback, concerning his performance in South Pacific. However, when he won the second immunity, he now goes on and on about how he's this huge physical threat. Last time I checked, he had a 2 knot advantage in the second immunity challenge he won. Had it not been for that advantage, Eddie probably would've won immunity. I also have a problem with him voting for Malcolm in the confessional. It's a great move getting rid of a physical threat, but when you gloat on and on about how this move is "delicious", it doesn't exactly leave a great impression of yourself. He really irked my last night. Hopefully Eddie and Reynold can survive through these next few days, and avenge Malcolm's vote-off.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You guys gotta lighten up on him... He's the type of guy who probably gets picked on constantly so for him to dominate the game like he has been doing must be a position he's not used to being in (hence the over the top gloating).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've been loving Cochran, it fills my my heart with joy to see this tiny guy who is generally passive, quiet, with little self-esteem, going around being all happy and proud, saying an amusing line or two to boot.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You guys gotta lighten up on him... He's the type of guy who probably gets picked on constantly so for him to dominate the game like he has been doing must be a position he's not used to being in (hence the over the top gloating).

So? He wasn't picked on constantly by THESE people. And well, I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be the bigger person with this sort of thing anyway.

WIDL

We Are Born
Are you guys kidding me? :p Take it with a grain of salt, he won a gross food eating challenge and basicly bought himself immunity. I seriously doubt he was super serious about it. I disliked Cochran in South Pacific (liked him more when I rewatched it). Now he's one of my favorites, he stepped up a loooot. And BIG props to Andrea for constantly stalking Malcolm to ensure that he doesn't find the idol. Brilliant and probably crucial. Great episode.

Btw, do you guys think Erik is giving only 50% in the immunity challenges now? He's always out pretty early. If it's the case, I'd say it's kinda smart - but it depends... they probably still consider him as a big physical threat.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The scary thing is, he actually was serious. There's a deleted scene where he literally goes on about how he wants Malcolm out because he's better than him at almost everything, and compares it to why he wanted Ozzy out.

WIDL

We Are Born
Really? I watched it. I didn't get the sense that he was saying "oh, I'm a bigger threat in challenges than everyone now lololol". He also acknowledged that Malcolm has a lot going for him in this game compared to him. Anything in particular from that scene? Also, after he won, he said that he keeps the victory low-key this time. I like him this season, not his biggest supporter for the win yet, but I think that at this moment the criticism is unfair.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
He has been picked on in the past, but you can still perform well and be pleased with your performance without gloating. I don't dislike him as a person, I just don't like the actions that took place.

WIDL

We Are Born
Erik climbing up that tree yelling "I just want food!" in the preview killed me. I was so upset for him. :(

But great episode! Especially the second half. I though they might just pick off Eddie, but Andrea was probably the right choice.

I just checked the confessional count for the remaining players. Cochran at 50! Next we have Dawn, at 22. Wow, such a gap. Guess who's in third. Eddie... lol.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Dont read if you havent seen the latest episode:

This season has really good players, hard now to tell who wins, when even Erik might have stepped up to be a real threat (as long as he can handle the final tribal). Maybe its the one labeled as the only fan and representing favorite player that wins this season. Alot of the players might be winning but i think theres gonna be more smart blindsides so hard to tell who has the real control.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I just checked the confessional count for the remaining players. Cochran at 50! Next we have Dawn, at 22. Wow, such a gap. Guess who's in third. Eddie... lol.

Eh, better than samoa's count probably.

Russell: 592

Everyone else combined: 5

Obviously I'm overexaggerating...kinda

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
SMH @ Andrea I thought she was a smarter player than that. She really had a hard time believing Cochran and Dawn weren't gonna be gunning for her as soon as they could? Did she not realize she was the biggest threat to them? She played a great game up until that point so props to her.

Protip: When things are looking a little too good to be true in Survivor, they usually are.

If Brenda and Erik are smart they'll align with Sherri and Eddie and do whatever is possible to get Cochran/Dawn out. If either of those two make it to the end I don't see how they don't win. they're the only power players left in the game.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Andrea getting the boot :)
If Brenda and Erik are smart they'll align with Sherri and Eddie and do whatever is possible to get Cochran/Dawn out. If either of those two make it to the end I don't see how they don't win. they're the only power players left in the game.
I think Brenda is smart enough to flip over. The question is if Erik will flip, too. He's not as dumb as he was last time, but the question is if he's a good enough strategist this time around.

WIDL

We Are Born
I have a feeling Brenda, Dawn and Cochran are locked together now. And Erik will probably do what they say. My guess, though.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Andrea got voted out when she planned to betray members of her alliance. What a surprise!

Update: It was heartbreaking to see Brenda cry at the end, but it's true that from anyone else's perspective, she was the biggest threat at the end of the three. She's lovable, truthful, and kind. Just take the two you used to vote her out with you to the final three and now she can't make you pay at the end because all of the final members were in on it.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
rule.

DO NOT WIN family reward. you always get screwed.

lesson learned Brenda.

Two hotties voted off one two!

I bet Andrea is having crazy conversations with Malcom about 'woulda shoulda coulda'

a guy will win

I vote for Cochran.
and Dawn for the women. Just cuz shes such a cute cry baby and is playing a very very good game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, I REALLY hope Cochran doesn't make the end and win. That would just...that would be all kinds of ugh since he's so annoying and obnoxious. The arrogant little turd.

Top Bottom