• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The things you don't get in life.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Must...resist...urge....to make......Joker joke......

I don't get why the TV networks cancel good shows to make room for **** that no one watches. :mad:
i dont get it ether CN is the king of this

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I don't get 3-D Sonic games.
I also don't get new style cartoons. People just put in a horrible background on the characters and hope it works out now. It's never thought out.

highfive

Smash Lord
The platypus evolved to suit its needs or creationism is correct and The Lord built it for giggles. For giraffes I say the second part of my first question is a better answer because there is no need for them to have them since their kicks are stronger.
so your saying that God did it for sh*ts and giggles?

I also don't understand MTV. It's Music TeleVision but I see no music. Only whores yelling at their mothers.

BBQTV

Smash Master
so your saying that God did it for sh*ts and giggles?

I also don't understand MTV. It's Music TeleVision but I see no music. Only whores yelling at their mothers.
their use to be a way to stick it to the man but the man ruined it with a little something called MTV zam

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Let me explain. Water evaporates in the air, it condenses into a cloud, then when it gets too full it rains. ZAM, BAM, TURKEY AND HAM!

I dont get the point of teenage popstars, they usually suck and have songs that are like wtf?

BBQTV

Smash Master
Let me explain. Water evaporates in the air, it condenses into a cloud, then when it gets too full it rains. ZAM, BAM, TURKEY AND HAM!

I dont get the point of teenage popstars, they usually suck and have songs that are like wtf?
looks at hanna :mad: i hate teenage stars zam [lol at zam bam turkey and ham] zam

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I dont understand how disney can finance people like hannah montana. First anti sematism and now atrocious teenage popstars. What next?

Oracle

Smash Master
No one gets religion because when you try and find evidence you realize there isn't any.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't get religion.
That's because people have taken religion from "Let me find out the truth about whether or not there is a higher being and then find out what He wants of me, if anything" to "Whatever you think, really." It's no longer about truth, that's why it no longer makes sense.

No one gets religion because when you try and find evidence you realize there isn't any.
Have you done any research? I'm assuming not, since you're making that statement. The problem is that religion has to be about truth. I believe Christianity is the truth and everything else is false. Why? I've found indisputable evidence for Christianity and not for any other religion.

Religion is about money and controlling the masses.
Religion is about that. Truth isn't.

John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life." Jesus was claiming to be the one thing that no one else could provide: Real truth. He wasn't looking for money or power. He stood up in a country that would never believe in Him and claimed to be God. Either he was a liar and knew he wasn't telling the truth, was crazy because he didn't know and really thought he was God, or He actually was God. But the problem is that there are too many people who don't want to use logic and call Him a "great moral teacher." No, either He lead thousands of people to their deaths and was an evil person, was "on par with a man who claims he is a poached egg" (C.S. Lewis), or He actually was the Son of God.

I've done my research and found out that He actually is the Son of God and will one day raise me and everyone else who follows Him from the dead. I'm not religious, I'm a follower of Jesus.

Scott!

Smash Lord
God I dont understand how disney can finance people like hannah montana. First anti sematism and now atrocious teenage popstars. What next?
You do know how wildly successful she is and how much money she makes for them, right? Cause that's pretty much why. You and I may think she's atrocious, but enough people don't to make her successful. She fits right into the pre-teen fantasy of being a pop star, so lots of girls can identify with that and her, and so they can look up to her.

Also, how about we not talk about religion, since that'll only get this closed. Religion is a difficult topic that will just bring about flaming.

What I don't get in life is how, when presented with the massive scale of the universe, anyone can continue to believe that we are the only intelligent life out there. I believe (optimistically) that extraterrestrial life will be found in my lifetime (nothing big, just bacteria or something). I'm pretty hopeful that they find something on Europa. But there's gotta be someone else out there. The odds against it are astronomical. :)

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I don't understand why people accept the life they are pretty much forced to live.

I mean governments are great and all but humans are born and bred to live life the way they are told and there is no way of escaping that.

Because of the existence of money etc we have to work,why can we just do stuff because we want to,not because we have to.

**** the lack of ideal society!(I'm drunk so you should probably ignore this)
I like your vision, try to stay on that path! The most fundamental question is always "What do you want?"

+5 Pikaville.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
You do know how wildly successful she is and how much money she makes for them, right? Cause that's pretty much why. You and I may think she's atrocious, but enough people don't to make her successful. She fits right into the pre-teen fantasy of being a pop star, so lots of girls can identify with that and her, and so they can look up to her.

Also, how about we not talk about religion, since that'll only get this closed. Religion is a difficult topic that will just bring about flaming.

What I don't get in life is how, when presented with the massive scale of the universe, anyone can continue to believe that we are the only intelligent life out there. I believe (optimistically) that extraterrestrial life will be found in my lifetime (nothing big, just bacteria or something). I'm pretty hopeful that they find something on Europa. But there's gotta be someone else out there. The odds against it are astronomical. :)
Bacteria was already found on an aestriod but, I don't have the article that says it.

Wuss

Smash Champion
I don't get why you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

but seriously, I don't get why being a rapper is at all like being a musician. Poets and even slam poets aren't really considered musicians, and yet, for some reason, rappers are? I guess if you do your own beats, maybe, but otherwise, no.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
also, why people smoke. they know its killing them and us; the people who don't smoke. + polluting the air, as bad as it is. dummies. i don't understand how some people enjoy it. not cool man.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
but seriously, I don't get why being a rapper is at all like being a musician. Poets and even slam poets aren't really considered musicians, and yet, for some reason, rappers are? I guess if you do your own beats, maybe, but otherwise, no.
How can a snare drum carry a melody? By using different brush strokes, volumes, accents, etc. a snare drum can make a rhymic melody.
Its the same method with rapping, just instead of a drum stick, they have their tongue and spoken word.

flash that buttery gold, jittery zeitgeist
wither by the watering hole, border patrol
what are we to heart huckabee art ****ery suddenly?
not enough young in his lung for the waterwing
colorfully vulgar poacher outta mulch
like "i'm 'a pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt"

Here we see an intensive use of meter and syllabic tools that are used not in a poetic way, but in a musical way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA

I can go more in depth, but I'm not sure how much you know about music.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Instead of relying on inaccurate leads, how about we make an effort to FIND the article and go from there? We've seen how a few words have made people take things completely out of context.

@Scott:

Something life-ralated? The best thing we can do without actually going there and drilling into the ice sheets is taking satellite pictures from far away. The fact that the ocean is under so much ice makes it really hard to go from an outer space satellite "There! Those molecules are extremophiles!"

*Extremophiles: microbes able to survive in extreme temperatures.(also found on Earth inside volcanoes, dry caves, etc)

Wuss

Smash Champion
How can a snare drum carry a melody? By using different brush strokes, volumes, accents, etc. a snare drum can make a rhymic melody.
Its the same method with rapping, just instead of a drum stick, they have their tongue and spoken word.

flash that buttery gold, jittery zeitgeist
wither by the watering hole, border patrol
what are we to heart huckabee art ****ery suddenly?
not enough young in his lung for the waterwing
colorfully vulgar poacher outta mulch
like "i'm 'a pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt"

Here we see an intensive use of meter and syllabic tools that are used not in a poetic way, but in a musical way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA

I can go more in depth, but I'm not sure how much you know about music.
I know plenty about music, possibly more than you. However, I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I do disagree with rappers being called musicians if poets are not. Artists, sure, musicians, no. I just don't see a big difference between poets and rappers (except content) and since poets are generally not considered musicians at all, I see no reasons for rappers to be. And I'm not talking about rap, because ok, maybe rap itself can be music, but the act of talking in rhythm with occasional rhymes, or not, that's not music.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
since poets are generally not considered musicians at all, I see no reasons for rappers to be.
Wrong! Poets WERE considered musicians for a long time because most poems were told orally only and for longer pieces, music was used as an accompaniment. As such, THAT is how music began. Furthermore, you are hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't say music isn't poetic. Now, to say a poet is always a musician, is a stretch, but rappers can be musicians and poets. It's like the whole a square can be a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't always a square deal. Musicians are poets (those who write lyrics at least), but poets aren't always musicians.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I know plenty about music, possibly more than you. However, I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I do disagree with rappers being called musicians if poets are not. Artists, sure, musicians, no. I just don't see a big difference between poets and rappers (except content) and since poets are generally not considered musicians at all, I see no reasons for rappers to be. And I'm not talking about rap, because ok, maybe rap itself can be music, but the act of talking in rhythm with occasional rhymes, or not, that's not music.
If you try to rap William Blake, it will sound musically sloppy because his use of the same mechanics has a different purpose.
Rapping is a lot more than talking in rhythm with an occasional rhyme. Saying it is only that limits music to be nothing more than a series of pitches. Music is sounds before pitches, the rapper is the same as a singer, except the rapper does not work to the system of pitch but works instead solely in rhythm and sound. Here I bring you Dose One, seen here in the band Subtle. There is only 1 rapper in this band, that being Dose One, yet you wouldn't konw by listening. He is able to adapt a very amount of tones and rhythmic styles to make himself separate characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOEE_Yc6zZQ

A poet uses meter, alliteration, and assonance to create an image.
A rapper uses meter for accents, alliteration and assonance as brush strokes and to add to sounds.

Let's look at 1:39 in the first link, using the meter, he creates a texture similar to the swirling synth in the background. This is just one of many, many examples in the song of how he pushes raps musical limits, there are many more, such as his orgasmic use of musical assonance starting at 3:19.

Also, I question your view on the 'content' of rap because to me it shows a bias against it, when everything about it from the sampling to the rap itself is a valid musical form, and in no way invalidates any traditional ideas in music.

If a Snare Drum can be an instrument, then a rapper can be a musican.

EDIT- And what CK said, though I was more focusing on the musical elements that a rapper has at his disposal and uses in a different way than a poet.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't understand why people accept the life they are pretty much forced to live.

I mean governments are great and all but humans are born and bred to live life the way they are told and there is no way of escaping that.

Because of the existence of money etc we have to work,why can we just do stuff because we want to,not because we have to.

**** the lack of ideal society!(I'm drunk so you should probably ignore this)
great point money spawns greed. But so does a utopia.

if we lived in a utopia and it was dcreed that every man could get a fish a day (metaphorically) say one man would feel extra hungry and get two fish instead of the regularly scheduled one. And another man saw the first man take two fish and he would take two also. And a third man might see that both men are taking two fish and he would get even more greedy and take a third fish, until the cycle keeps growing enough to have no more fish in the river.

Now where are we? Fishless in a utopia. If we live in a perfect society it will just become unperfect. So is the destiny of mankind to be cursed to live in a selfish lifestyle.

Not saying the world wouldn't be better with selfless people. It's just not possible.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
but you didn't say how it "falls" out of the cloud. :p

edit- oh, its rocherman. i didn't recognize you for a minute. :p
Uhh hello gravity makes it fall, just like an apple. When it falls its because gravity acted upon it. Need a source? I gots lots KABOWIE!

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
gases can float. liquids, not so much. Thus it accelerates towards the earth.

Call me stupid, but I still never understood exactly how trains switch railway lines on those crossing rails. I shall find out soon enough though :)

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
i dont get how we all tell people that killing people is wrong, and yet we kill perople..wtf?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
gases can float. liquids, not so much. Thus it accelerates towards the earth.
Clouds are liquid/solid. Clouds form when rising water vapor condenses in the atmosphere into tiny liquid droplets or ice crystals. The water vapor condenses on small particles in the air; dust, salt, ice crystals, pollutants, etc. It is less dense than air and floats.

When the cloud starts to becoming saturated with water, the particles with condensed water start to get heavier and heavier. It rains when the condensed water becomes heavy enough to fall; we see this as raindrops.

Top Bottom