• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Tier List"

Status
Not open for further replies.

red stone

Smash Ace
broken tier
pit (wings help, has range with and amazing attack speed, good physics for wavedashing, seems quick)
fox(no need to say why, slightly nerfed for brawl as can be seen in the trailers)
metaknight(can glide, cheap multihit aerials, can turn invisible, a little on the short side)

awesome tier

zero suit samus (obviously the reincarnation of shiek, will have amazing speed and combos as did shiek, plus many fanboys will play as her causing her to move up in the standings)

okay tier
samus(good projectiles, bombs can be used well, good acrobatics in the air)
mario (newly improved combos such as the down b combo have moved him up in the standings)
snake(moveset seems a little slow especially that BAZOOKA. i'll move him up as soon as i see an AK or uzi)
link(lookin cooler this time around. sword range and speed have slightly improved)

meh tier

zelda(best attack-down b)
pikachu (still a fat mouse)
kirby (like the trailer implied, same old same old)

the last tier

wario(slow, takes too long to charge up teh waft, awkward to play as. but a master of this character could run you over...literally)
bowser(he has earned his place here, and he'll tear anyone to pieces if they try to take this spot)

criticize, make your own, i don't care....it's all in good fun!

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
This is dumb....you cant make a tier list for a game that hasnt come out yet. And you just cant go assuming reasons for why a character might be good or bad. Wait for the game to come out then make a tier list.

Weed

Smash Lord
I say Bowser deserves a bit more than last this time, his range has clearly improved alot...and you're forgetting Metaknight..who belongs in the broken category :p

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I think it's kinda premature for these sorts of things, really.

Even attributes we notice ( or think we notice ) about the characters in the snippets of gameplay we've seen can still change before release.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Well, we can let him base his tier list on the videos we've seen. Just look at Meta Knight, doesn't he look "Chuck Norris" God-like?

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
This is stupid.

A tier list based on assumptions basically. and besides, the game isn't out yet.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you can't really make a tier list like that...
And besides, they'll probably remove Wavedashing anyways. That's just a silly glitch in the physics ^_~

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
Why do morons keep saying Sheik's reincarnation is ZS Samus? Just because she has some of the same animations as Sheik, FROM A TRAILER LIKE 9058 YEARS AGO, means she's a clone? They probably recycled some of those animations because they hadn't fully made her moveset yet, but people keep saying they're clones. ::sigh::

Also, who says Sheik isn't coming back? -_-;;

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
The topic title is surrounded by quotes. The tiers are absurd and justifications obviously strained. He tells us it's in good fun.

Pick up the cues, people.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
tires don exits.
but in all seriousness, look at his last sentence.

"criticize, make your own, i don't care....it's all in good fun!"

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well it is I suppose natural to think over and want to know what characters would be better or worst even before the game is released.. Maybe not make a thread and tell us about it.. But.. ok I just contradicted myself a bit there..

Let this thread be a place so everyone else can post theirs..

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I'm actually hoping that all the characters are balanced..
But that probably won't happen. Glitches..

narmerguy

Smash Cadet
The topic title is surrounded by quotes. The tiers are absurd and justifications obviously strained. He tells us it's in good fun.

Pick up the cues, people.
Seriously, calm down guys.

AMG this thread is POINTLESS! WHY DID HE JOIN THIS FORUM?!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
OMGOMGOMG NOJOHNNOJOHNNOJOHNS!

Thees thred eez poyntles. Tearz dun egzist!
>_>>>>>>

Zamus, not broken tier? I see Pit being more balanced than her.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Smash's biggest problem is that the fastest characters were too much better at elite levels of gameplay. Your list is following the same pattern. I bet this game will fix that. Bowser will be uber probably.

Having said that, I think a lot of you guys forget that at non-elite levels of the game, tiers do not exist in the slightest. There are five factors to winning a match: skill levels, knowing my character, knowing my opponent's character, luck, and tiers. At average skill levels, the tiers are irrelevant and the other factors are the only ones that matter. Only when the first three factors are completely maxed out (and items are taken out to eliminate luck) do tiers matter.

I am "good" at the game, in the sense that I am indeed good, but few on these boards would recognize that, because I'm not elite. I couldn't go far at all in a tournament. So I can remind all of you elite players that for 90% of the people who play this game, tiers do NOT exist.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I am "good" at the game, in the sense that I am indeed good, but few on these boards would recognize that, because I'm not elite. I couldn't go far at all in a tournament. So I can remind all of you elite players that for 90% of the people who play this game, tiers do NOT exist.
True, but the people that say that tiers DON'T exist are the people that know what the tiers are, ie the people at Smashboards, ie the people that are or would like to be involved in elite play. For these people, tiers are definitely a factor. As well as counterpicks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom