• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patches

Smash Master
I remember talking to him a long time ago. Doubles is like.. all he plays now, isnt it?

Sometime next year though, I'm gonna fly down to cali for a tournament. I need to blaze with that *****.

Judo777

Smash Master
basically the host of an anime con tournament last year had a big payout and he told me and Tyrant and larry that we would be able to enter. When we finally show up at the place the next day, he tells us that we can't enter (he lied to us), so we disguise ourselves to try to enter. We wait there all day for hours for our matches to be called. I couldn't find a good costume, but Tyrant found an amazing costume and larry had an alright one and they would not have gotten caught. He was entering the tournament (tyrant) as V for vendetta with an amazing mask on, and nobody suspected anything, but then over half way through the tournament Raz ratted him and larry out. I remember larry telling me "i'm never going to talk to raz again" and he never says anything even remotely bad about anyone. Tyrant pretends to be his friend to avoid conflict, but he doesn't like him at all. He costed all of us hundreds of dollars out of his own selfishness, and he is probably proud of it. So that's why I don't like him.
Translation. "We wanted money, but Raz said we couldn't enter, so we decided we were gonna do it anyway. Then Raz found out, and prevented us from doing something we weren't supposed to. Raz is a jerk because I didn't get my way. Also tournaments aren't in the least complicated to where someone could be mistaken as to our entry being possible."

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Think of it this way M2K, Larry, and Tyrant.
The next tournament you guys would've attended at that time, you're still guaranteed top 3 and will most likely get close to the same amount of money or even more then what that tournament Raz ratted you guys out of would've offered.

falln

Smash Ace
Think of it this way M2K, Larry, and Tyrant.
The next tournament you guys would've attended at that time, you're still guaranteed top 3 and will most likely get close to the same amount of money or even more then what that tournament Raz ratted you guys out of would've offered.
not true
tyrant got last place at the most recent anime expo

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Won't be long before Holy's ROB is back at #1.

I also feel that Hedi should be in the top 5 Wolves instead of AC.

CF's need some Stroumbert up in there. Of course I don't follow the CF's these days so forgive me for my ignorance. Just an initial opinion there.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Won't be long before Holy's ROB is back at #1.

I also feel that Hedi should be in the top 5 Wolves instead of AC.

CF's need some Stroumbert up in there. Of course I don't follow the CF's these days so forgive me for my ignorance. Just an initial opinion there.
Not a chance. AC recently beat Havok + MikeHAZE.

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I already think he's overall a more applied player than me with Wario so I wouldn't mind dropping my position to him until I start showing recent results with Wario. If Blue Rogue starts turning less and less (which he's been fine somewhat still here), then I might put myself back on over him. Otherwise far as I'm concerned I'm done with Wario's metagame, I'll just pull him out when I can't adjust to matchups yet with Pit.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I mean, your Olimar is great Anuar.... but Denti recently has been getting a lot of great tournament results and pulling off pretty big wins.

I don't KNOW what you're doing because SoCal is sooooo bad when it comes to posting results on smashboards or informing anybody about anything related to smash ._.

Why do you think you're #3 as of right now?

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
I mean, your Olimar is great Anuar.... but Denti recently has been getting a lot of great tournament results and pulling off pretty big wins.

I don't KNOW what you're doing because SoCal is sooooo bad when it comes to posting results on smashboards or informing anybody about anything related to smash ._.

Why do you think you're #3 as of right now?
I'm extremely inactive so I can't really argue my part on there. It's not what I think, it's what the people I've played think. Out of curiousity, I asked several players (Larry, Havok, Mike, etc.) how I rank among all the Olimars they played. Just thought I'd throw the comment out, because I'm not going to make a huge case for this.

z00ted

I understand.

I'm pretty sure the same could be said for our own region too.
All of our top players would probably defend Denti being a #3 Olimar at the moment.

That's what region bias is :bee:

Just get active again, and prove to people why you deserve the #3 spot.
Then there will be nothing to debate about.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
I knew the regional bias card would be pulled out. Larry's played all of the Olimars. So he would have a much clearer idea of the ones that give him the most trouble and accurate assessment for that.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I knew the regional bias card would be pulled out. Larry's played all of the Olimars. So he would have a much clearer idea of the ones that give him the most trouble and accurate assessment for that.
Why does it matter? Really? I mean it's just opinions, and do you really think someone could say "__" is better if they see you all the time and know you a lot better than another player who they play once and don't see their progress?

Just work with what you got, and get better and don't worry about who's who and whatnot. :cool:

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Why does it matter? Really? I mean it's just opinions, and do you really think someone could say "__" is better if they see you all the time and know you a lot better than another player who they play once and don't see their progress?

Just work with what you got, and get better and don't worry about who's who and whatnot. :cool:
It doesn't matter to me. Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I'll just work to prove that I'm better and even now I wouldn't cause a huge debate over it. I'm doing exactly that. Before getting concerned over a national ranking, I'm focusing on the regional ranking first.

z00ted

Anuar beat Gnes in Genesis pools
Ok?

Gnes also lost to Dabuz in Winner's at LSC and then beat him convincingly in Loser's.

Not every Olimar has an abundance of Falco experience...

You can't base who is the best Olimar off of one person's personal opinion.
That's regional bias.

At the end of the day, results and wins count.
Especially at nationals.

If you're a better Olimar, go to Apex and outplace anyone who you deem yourself better than.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
anuar has lots of good wins and he has a positive record over terry's MK. idk what it is, but they've played at least 5 times though. and anuar's beaten trevonte twice, x twice, sky, falln twice, gnes at genesis, and in his most recent tournament 3 weeks ago he beat terry again.

did ya'll see how terry dismantled denti? anuar/minitrioka got this haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom