• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
TKD, u are the only access we have to mexico's results tho. start posting their results somewhere the people who do this stuff can easily access and then ranking them will be easier.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if people really think these rankings matter that much when most of these people would lose to The :jigglypuff: :I

THE :jigglypuff: :pichu:

8Bitman

Smash Master
Depressing that i'm not on here cuz I can't go to more, and bigger tourneys. T^T

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Your Fox is top 4 probably instead of Zeton's.
WHAAAAAAAAAT??????????

Dude, Zeton is one of the best players I've played against. I sat and watched him outclass Reflex at Kahoka. I honestly think he should be listed higher, but he's not incredibly active.

Roller

Smash Legend
This makes me happy, just because it means Lada was a perceivably good win.

Does anyone know how good Lada actually <is>? Despite me thinking both Dueler X and Lada are very good, I don't know their actual standings.
Lada is pretty good imo, for what it's worth.
Yup lol
How good is prawn?
You were just told he habitually loses to ganons in tourney. Is this a rhetorical question?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
WHAAAAAAAAAT??????????

Dude, Zeton is one of the best players I've played against. I sat and watched him outclass Reflex at Kahoka. I honestly think he should be listed higher, but he's not incredibly active.
He is very good. A lot of it was culture shock, though--I've never played a good Fox in my life prior to that, and I have trouble against characters that move very quickly (case in point--Toon Link is my Kryptonite). I made a lot of amateurish mistakes because I didn't know how to react to anything.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Kinda like me against a Wario who can actually CG AND out camp me...

When you aren't used to stuff like that, people look worse then they actuall are.

MJG is just damn good, imo, though his speed does make it more of a challenge.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
mjg, the only toonlink i've ever lost too. beaten all the others. he's kinda ridiculous at the wario mu

edit: waymas for top 5 wario but why are we even ranking mexico if we dont even have access to their results
so glad I went pit against mjg

and i dunno. it was just the way it is, and mex doesnt have as large of a metagame I guess?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I feel that way with almost every character but I cant really back up most so theres no point in arguing. But I did get first in pools once with samus/G&W(against delux) once

but im sure my fox has done more since I did place top 4 often in socal and TJ when I would use him in tourny

I posted all my **** a while back but it kinda got ignored.
but my wins are 3$mm(thats like 5$ in ec) on X, 3$ on bam, wins on AC x2 , icedx, soid, pitbull, zekey, raz x2, half win on havok, and a few others that arnt so notable
top 5 Olimar Anuar was also in our pool iirc

Tearbear

Smash Ace
top 5 Olimar Anuar was also in our pool iirc
anuar sandbags pools tho thats the only thing
i would know we've been in the same pool like 10 times

i think at this point the way denti is playing id say anuar should be above him

also havok for 3rd best snake imo

I gotta meatride wc since no one else will

DeLux

Socal locals are top 5 for most stacked pools category?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I disagree. Though we should just change the name to "North American" since Canada, Mexico and the US are considered that too. Plus that way Panama can be involved too!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Mexico is still part of North America
I disagree. Though we should just change the name to "North American" since Canada, Mexico and the US are considered that too. Plus that way Panama can be involved too!
We have basically no interaction with the mexico scene besides TKD yet we're including them in the rankings. How can we rank players we've never played or even have results for? inb4someonesaysyoutube...

edit: also meatriding havoks snake. it's way too gay for words

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, if I read that right, and MMs count, I 3-0'd X and 2-0'd Salem both for $10 at Apex.

And 2-1...d? Speed for $5

Edit, I and some more of SoCal actually attends tournaments in TJ. The ones with Nene, TKD, AC, ED, JaimeHR etc. So we do have interaction with them lol. Not to mention they attend larger SoCal tournaments. We just don't post so the rest of everyone gets left in the dark usually.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LOL money matches count on this?
Don't know how I feel about that.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i would hope money matches only count for when nothing else can count (like in the case of ganon) otherwise illmatic ur record with MMs locks u in first with peach FOREVER

z00ted

That's actually a really good way to look at it, Maharba.
Should count for the lower ranks or lower tiered characters, I definitely agree.

DeLux

I wanted to play illmatic at apex but he had a line of like 8 people to play him

I swear it was longer than the line to play Brood that was like 4 tv's down

z00ted

DeLux, I felt so bad about us not ever getting to play.
I really wanted to play your Ice Climbers.

That line was really dumb, lmao. I would turn around after a set and like six more people appeared out of nowhere.

Apex really should have had more setups.

Kadaj and DeLux, we'll definitely play next time we meet up somewhere.

DeLux

It's ok, you would have destroyed me lol

I just wanted it for the learning experience >__>

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
i mean may as well include japan and europe if we're including mexico
Nope. Japan and Europe have large enough metagames to warrant their own stuff. Mexico is quite close to us, we have quite a few players from their scene participating in ours like Canada does, and further, they are actually good. I don't want to avoid including them :p (take that however you want)

LOL money matches count on this?
Don't know how I feel about that.
They don't count for much. Ask me how much? I'll say (Let's put numbers to those feelings!)

Tournament Wins = 2x's
Bracket Wins = 1x's
Pool Wins (Hard) = 0.8x's
Money Matches (~$50+) = 0.8x's
Pool Wins (Easy) = 0.5x's
Money Matches (Anything below ~$50) = 0.1x's
Friendlies = .01x's

Good luck deciphering those numbers / abusing them.

i would hope money matches only count for when nothing else can count (like in the case of ganon) otherwise illmatic ur record with MMs locks u in first with peach FOREVER
Basically.

That's actually a really good way to look at it, Maharba.
Should count for the lower ranks or lower tiered characters, I definitely agree.
Yes. For lower tiered characters (E or F and below I think), they count for as much as Hard pool wins or as much as bracket wins depending on amount... :awesome:

Wait, money matches count?!?

Okay, I wanna be a top5 marth lol
LEt's see, have you done any 50 dollar + mm's lately? :troll:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nope. Japan and Europe have large enough metagames to warrant their own stuff. Mexico is quite close to us, we have quite a few players from their scene participating in ours like Canada does, and further, they are actually good. I don't want to avoid including them :p (take that however you want)

They don't count for much. Ask me how much? I'll say (Let's put numbers to those feelings!)

Tournament Wins = 2x's
Bracket Wins = 1x's
Friendlies = .01x's

Good luck deciphering those numbers / abusing them.

Basically.

Yes. For lower tiered characters (E or F and below I think), they count for as much as Hard pool wins or as much as bracket wins depending on amount... :awesome:

LEt's see, have you done any 50 dollar + mm's lately? :troll:
With that in mind, what would, say, my wins against Dueler (pools) and Lada ($5MM) be worth? Hopefully I'll have more come February when I start hosting my tournament series, but for now, that's the extent of notables.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm assuming that money matches only matter if you beat quality players. Even though I'm from one of the worst brawl states in the land and money earned is my usual argument, amount of money earned is a pretty bad indicator for money matches. Some people are poor and can't afford to do more than $5-10 dollar money matches.

Also
not accepting anything under 5 dollars though cuz that's a waste of time
If you take 100000 dollars from a scrub it would matter less on here than a $5 dollar win vs a PR'd player. (though you would be the coolest person ever!) So total amount of money from money matches shouldn't matter, just how many matches you win vs peoples mains/legit secondaries.

Example. I beat Krystedez's Ness AND Mario in 5 dollar money matches as well as his Pit for 5. Only the MM vs his Pit counts towards me being a good player. If I would have MM'd his Wario, that would have counted as well, imo.

But I understand if like the best ROB and the 2nd best Diddy player did a 100 dollar money match that would go signifcantly further for this type of thing than 5 dollars. Because 100 dollars is serious **** and 5 dollars isn't even enough to go see a movie (but it's enough to go from Omaha to Chicago round trip on mega bus with enough change for a 2 mcdoubles.)

However, going by this theory

Tournament Wins = 2x's
Bracket Wins = 1x's
Friendlies = .01x's
If tournament wins matter and nothing else matters...

I've actually won a tournament before that wasn't at a con :p

Thankfully Joker (IA) and Kansas didn't show up :)

but mc pee is better than you
Felix is better than you but you argued yourself ahead of him, figured I'd copy you.

/non-regional bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom