• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
See Chibo u don't get his mentality. His will of fire.

I knew before I went to tourneys that I was the best lucas just by looking at other lucas player's vids. Same with doubles for me (Knew I was a top doubles player).

Yes, his accomplishments might be proof for you but he doesn't care about that. He knows in his heart his power level.
So I can tell about my matches with people like MikeHAZE and make a long, determined speech and suddenly I'm a good Sonic?

Not knocking 8Bitman or you or anyone whose clearly good, but just saying that one has to be careful with that kinda confidence that borderlines arrogance. Or even ignorance. Least your words of strength bite you in the *** when you lose or get outshined by another ROB or Lucas player or something.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Last time I played 8-Bitman was in a wifi tourney years ago. I played Dedede cuz of shenanigans. Lol Wouldn't mind doing a $20.00 MM against his ROB one day with my Sonic. I think I can handle you.

:phone:
OMFG I LOVE THE SONIC MU! I would love to $20 MM!!! :3

@8bitman - I don't troll. I was serious.

I have the highest respect for smashers who have passion for a character and try to take it to constantly make it better.
Mekos is officially my new favorite Smasher. <3 <3 <3

If I could hug you I would hug you right now!

Not trolling or anything (because I actually don't know), what are your big career wins outside of ESAM?
Due to me never going further than West Palm... After 13 tourneys the only thing I think I can say I am proud of is beating Esam. Other than that, it is just being the next best after Seibrik/Nick Riddle/MVD/Shaky.. (yeah?).... Not that I have ever won against them seriously in a tourney set.

I know that if I lived in any other region I would place better, there aint much better R.O.B Counters than that right there. EDIT! (NOT NESS MY B!)

I understand your question, I know, I can't really talk because I do not have the statistics to prove it because I do not travel. But it isn't me just talking trash, you can learn a lot from watching people's videos consistently over the years and see how much they improve compared to yourself.

People (SFL) called me good like a year ago, I think, I think I was godawful back then. Because of my philosophy of the game and my mindset toward it, I feel like a new player and 9,001 times better than I was when I did beat Esam.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Next time you just happen to be in America, make sure it's Florida. Lol :3

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
So I can tell about my matches with people like MikeHAZE and make a long, determined speech and suddenly I'm a good Sonic?

Not knocking 8Bitman or you or anyone whose clearly good, but just saying that one has to be careful with that kinda confidence that borderlines arrogance. Or even ignorance. Least your words of strength bite you in the *** when you lose or get outshined by another ROB or Lucas player or something.
But u gotta realize people like us are also extremely humble. We are confident and humble. We always give it our best(in match and to elevate our game) and are willing to learn from others (if we feel they know what they are talking about).

If we saw someone else and honestly thought they were better, you can believe we would say it/admit it. We would probably even be happy because we have someone to learn from.

We aren't afraid to express our opinions about our own strength and don't care if others disagree. Others opinions aren't what drive us. Some people mistake that for arrogance but that is not our attentions at all.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I really don't brag about my so called "accomplishment"... Nor am I using it in these discussions as back-up for being the better R.O.B. I do not use who I beat to determine whether I am the better player...

Honestly!? Okay I beat Esam... If I could use that to brag then that would mean I should be able to beat everyone that he has beaten and then some (Inui Logic?).... But I can't beat others that he has.... I only beat HIM, once, big whoop. I gimped him twice, so it didn't really feel like a win to me anyway... Out of the 4 times I have met Esam in Bracket I won once...

Pikachu isn't even a R.O.B counter, so if I didn't beat him that would make me so much worse anyway.

If you go back to the beginning of this argument, I was never using that..... It was the Gopher known as "KageMurphy".... Sheesh people....

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Don't you... Not beat people in cfl?

@wumbo
I'm currently stuck in dat 7th place curse that seems so common nowadays.
However, i never lose to any randoms, and the matches i do lose often could have easily gone my way. Better results coming in the near future. Unfortunately im away for the summer =\

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
After the tourney tomorrow, Pwii should for sure secure his spot on top 5 GnW, even tho he pretty much has with his results so far.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
what? pelca didnt start anything.

THIS is the post that sparked everything.
So I looked at ur post and thought u were right... until I looked about 5 or 6 posts b4 it and saw that Kool Aid was talkin trash and MVD HAD responded. So the fault is on Kool Aid. My bad Pelca. :sonic:

Robs are robots... n robots are free vs Sonic. :) Jus sayin

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Would people still say that M2K is still unquestionably #1 MK?

Honestly every time I thought otherwise M2K would just show up at a tournament and take names then I would just change my mind. If it were just IMO I would put Anti as the best MK but he isn't as active anymore (though M2K isn't that active either but he shows up to a tournament once in a blue moon)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Honestly every time I thought otherwise M2K would just show up at a tournament and take names then I would just change my mind. If it were just IMO I would put Anti as the best MK but he isn't as active anymore (though M2K isn't that active either but he shows up to a tournament once in a blue moon)
Nairo other than apex has no wins outside of his own region.
Anti doesn't do anything ever. Tyrant never travels.
Ally hasn't been going MK as much recently iirc? (mostly snake or something i heard)
M2K should stay first just because of his still overall top performance with the character, and outstanding track record in every region.

You could make arguments for ally being above jason but that's about it imo. Nairo could be but he still needs to travel more // prove that.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I don't play Sonics, and then I beat Meek after I learned a little more about the MU

What are you indicating lol? Cause I can just mouth off too. If I'm better than Seagull and lost to DIAOS then that means he's better than you, since you lost to Seagull who I'm above by what you say lmao.

See what I did thar
Tiebreaker set @ PS4

:denzel:

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Nairo other than apex has no wins outside of his own region.
Anti doesn't do anything ever. Tyrant never travels.
Ally hasn't been going MK as much recently iirc? (mostly snake or something i heard)
M2K should stay first just because of his still overall top performance with the character, and outstanding track record in every region.

You could make arguments for ally being above jason but that's about it imo. Nairo could be but he still needs to travel more // prove that.
Nairo only traveling to apex isn't saying much because he traveled to the biggest tournament and placed the best. Also isn't his region one of the strongest in the nation?

Ally from what I've seen has gone pit(or straight char counterpicking) far more then MK but I don't see talks of him being added yet...

Is M2K active and traveling? If he's not traveling shouldn't he be punished the same as nairo(if nairo needs to travel for you to consider him so should M2K especially since the list is supposed to only cover the past 6 months)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
M2K jus destroyed every1 in singles @ Xanadu(Chu, ESAM & every1 else) look @ the vids that were in the links above a few weeks back.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Dude...

Its ****ing M2K

"KEN" was 2 Melee as he was 2 Brawl

But since Apex he n Nairo are beast. And u can't name a single person that has been doing better @ any tourneys since apex than them 2. Hell id put Nairo 2nd over Anti n Ally bcuz Nairo uses more MK and has more results WITH Mk.

Pluz Ally went Snake 2 beat Vinnie @ Revival of Salt in Canada.

MK

1.M2K(its M2kand look @ Xanadu)
2.Nairo(He recently beat Vinnie WITH MK unlikes Ally)
3.Ally(imo he doesn't deserve to be this high)
4.Anti(Ppl think high of him even tho he doesn't care for singles.
5.Tyrant(Who should be 3rd, he wrecked @ his regional which had DEHF, TKD, FOW & MikeHaze)

Nairo > Ally

Nairo beat neintono
Nairo beat Vinnie w/ MK
Nairo uses MK more when MK is allowed

:sonic:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Nairo only traveling to apex isn't saying much because he traveled to the biggest tournament and placed the best. Also isn't his region one of the strongest in the nation?

Ally from what I've seen has gone pit(or straight char counterpicking) far more then MK but I don't see talks of him being added yet...

Is M2K active and traveling? If he's not traveling shouldn't he be punished the same as nairo(if nairo needs to travel for you to consider him so should M2K especially since the list is supposed to only cover the past 6 months)
m2k just beat nairo >_>

and won a tournament beating esam in GFs recently in MD/VA

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Keep in mind a lot of tournaments ally has gone to were MK banned

He's been to several MI tourneys and there was like only 1 MK Banned

And No R your list stops making sense after 2 if ally hasn't been using MK and isn't as good as tyrant or anti then he shouldn't be above him. In the same sense antis reasoning shouldn't be because people think highly of him it should be because he's that good...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea Ally is great with alot of characters and his skill lends him more viable options than any other top MK. Therefore his MK should move down.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Ally should be at least #3 Pit, maybe #2

Only people he might be behind are Koolaid who should be #1 and maybe Kira.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Ouch. I think it's fair to compare recent performances/wins. What accomplishments do they both have as of recent? (I know Kuraudo placed 9th/40-ish at P7, the WC Canada Impulse Qualifier regional if that means something).
Accomplishments:
Placed 1st in my first round pools at Apex.

And then...

Wins (Apex Only):
Logic (2-0)
Telu (2-0)
Luminoth (2-0)
Thugz (2-0)
Cheese (2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom