• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The seeding for that tournament was amazing.

JoeST placed 5th in the Arizona tournament by losing in winners' brackets to Hino and getting a relatively unnoteworthy bracket until Silly Kyle and K9. Hino, meanwhile, proceeded to get rewarded for his win by being matched up against FOW immediately followed by SK92 in losers' brackets, something I personally find hilarious since all three of those players are Vegas.

mikeray4

Smash Ace

JoeST placed 5th in the Arizona tournament by losing in winners' brackets to Hino and getting a relatively unnoteworthy bracket until Silly Kyle and K9. Hino, meanwhile, proceeded to get rewarded for his win by being matched up against FOW immediately followed by SK92 in losers' brackets, something I personally find hilarious since all three of those players are Vegas.
Joe is the king of bracket manipulation

TeeVee

Smash Lord

did you actually expect a ranked player from another region to have to face noteworthy players in losers bracket rds 2/3 at an arizona tourny? is there legit something wrong with you? how can you blame seeding for joest getting 5th when he took out silly kyle, someone who was apparently good enough to take down a glorious vegas master race super pro. there's a reason why hino played sk92 so early too, next time tell sk to not lose in round 1 if hes actually a top 3 falco you ****ing idiot.

edit: after really thinking about my post for 5 minutes, i really cant believe how big of an idiot you are. i hope comcast bottleknecks your internet connection so it takes 3 days for your pathetic excuse as a human life form to make another ******** post. i also vouch that there should be spoiler tags on everything you say just so people have the OPTION of viewing the jokes you call posts.

>top seeded player loses round 1
>blame seeding for friend losing early in losers

stay classy, vegas

Cassio

Smash Master
Simma down bro, no need to spill the New England Salt. It'd be easier not to confuse it with bad seeding if New England wasnt such a free region.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Welp....I'm confused lol.

But whatever. No one else is gonna go get them and if he's not gonna come on the boards how do we know what they are? So far we know he beat you, and some GA players (noticeable ones). But that's it... In any case this shows he does better than you in state, but what about OoS? If you're so adamant about him being better than you, ok, but how does this prove he's better than Vato? He hasn't beaten anyone on his list, so in any case this simply means the list should be:

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Vato
4. Big Lou
5. Player-1

Which is what Ill put in the first place and you said was stupid...
1. My wind are better than vato, biglous wins are better than mine so biglous wins are better than vatos, pretty clear logic.

2. There's lots of players on the top 5 list that don't post on the boards or post in here, better take them all off too

3. It's illmatics duty to go find those wins of ppl that don't post on the boards, comes with owning the thread

4. Same for vato, he doesn't travel OoS much either. He's been to AZ and that's it, big whoop. Biglou has been to AL

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
did you actually expect a ranked player from another region to have to face noteworthy players in losers bracket rds 2/3 at an arizona tourny?
Well, considering one side of losers' brackets was JoeST, Maize, RaveRemix, and Zynetic; and the other side was SK92, Z, Yoshiken, and Lycan; I kind of did, yeah. Or maybe I expected fewer notable people on the other side of the bracket.

is there legit something wrong with you? how can you blame seeding for joest getting 5th when he took out silly kyle, someone who was apparently good enough to take down a glorious vegas master race super pro. there's a reason why hino played sk92 so early too, next time tell sk to not lose in round 1 if hes actually a top 3 falco you ****ing idiot.
I'll be sure to tell him to avoid getting automatically seeded against 1st seeds in the first round of bracket.

edit: after really thinking about my post for 5 minutes, i really cant believe how big of an idiot you are. i hope comcast bottleknecks your internet connection so it takes 3 days for your pathetic excuse as a human life form to make another ******** post. i also vouch that there should be spoiler tags on everything you say just so people have the OPTION of viewing the jokes you call posts.

>top seeded player loses round 1
>blame seeding for friend losing early in losers

stay classy, vegas
I don't use Comcast.

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
Teevee is easily one of the biggest trolls I've seen in a while. Whereas iirc aisight is one of the nicest smashers I know.

Teevee, get that controller out of your ***. I know its how you rob mains play, but its so bothersome to deal with all that butthurt all the time =\

Also, I'm disappointed with the top 5 pika list. When I go to the tourny in june and outplace Captain L, I hope I can be on the top 5 list after being retired for about 9 months!

-Brick.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yes, if you're too lazy to do it then give it to someone else

:phone:
You know, I sense that you're being a hard***.

Because you too can look around for players who rarely come here in a results thread. Are you willing to do that?
If not, do have a very good reason, a reason which excludes that illmatic can do that all by himself?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You don't have to be a thread owner to look for someone's results.

Especially results from people who rarely post here.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Teevee is easily one of the biggest trolls I've seen in a while. Whereas iirc aisight is one of the nicest smashers I know.

Teevee, get that controller out of your ***. I know its how you rob mains play, but its so bothersome to deal with all that butthurt all the time =\

Also, I'm disappointed with the top 5 pika list. When I go to the tourny in june and outplace Captain L, I hope I can be on the top 5 list after being retired for about 9 months!

-Brick.

brick didnt you say you were quitting if you didnt make it out of genesis pools, why are you still here. you have never won anything, you live in the worst region on the entire planet, you donate money every saturday to ****ing t0mmy and t1mmy who are both scraping their 40's.

aisight can be the nicest smasher in the world, discrediting someones accomplishments by crying out "bad seeding" just makes you look like a ******

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, well keep it up.

If there are any other inactives you know and that they could possibly be in top 5, find them, ask them.
If you know it yourself, then say it. And yeah Ill, people don't always have to speak for themselves if others already have a legit reason.

Be more considerate.

Also, teevee, please stop trolling/flaming.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Updated the OP of the thread to the best of my ability.

Noteworthy changes:

FreESAM -> ESAM (it was annoying)
Listening pleasure song switched to B.O.B.
Changed the format of the update chart
Removed asterisks next to players' names

Once again, I know that I'm not perfect. If you want to talk about why you think you deserve to be on this top 5 thread or were misjudged, please speak up. I'm making every attempt to be involved with these players so that the thread is efficient. I'll be updating this daily or whenever it needs to be fixed.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
aisight can be the nicest smasher in the world, discrediting someones accomplishments by crying out "bad seeding" just makes you look like a ******
JoeST had two notable (maybe?) wins to net him 5th place, of which the placement alone was being used as a measuring stick for EC vs WC. Even so, there were a lot more things I took issue with than just that as far as the bracket went (and didn't actually have anything to do with Vegas playing Vegas three times).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Teevee is killing me LOLOLOLOL.

@Ill:

Verm should be above Fonz and Breezy.

Tutu uses :link2:?

I'm a better :bowser2: then whoever the **** Arlex is...I've gotten top 2 in every LT tourney Md/Va has had (There is no excuse for me to use :bowser2: in tourney, but I've used him in LT MM's and I include :pt: in LT).

Vinnie is higher then Ed (ScaryLB#s) and Fujin? Damnz.

Switch Fae with Ninjalink.

What the **** at Aposl being the 5th :pt:. He should be the 2nd. He's the only one with even notable wins besides Reflex. I mean, all :pt:s are bad and place low except Reflex, but at least Aposl has some good wins (Z, Teevee, etc...).

Coney's :ness2:>>>>>R E D X and Twinx.

Remove the dashes from Shiro's name and could you make my name just "Seagull".

:018:

z00ted

I agree with most of that and will address it all tomorrow.
And I have no problem with changing your name in the OP.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vinnie is higher then Ed (ScaryLB#s) and Fujin? Damnz.
Fuujin has literally no notable win for Zelda and I'm pretty sure he loses to a couple of players that would be considered 'random' by most people. He has no business being on the top 5 list for that character. Ven, Vinnie and Ed are better for sure and the same holds probably true for Mocha and AlanHate. And I would not be surprised if Bizkit's Zelda was better as well.

:059:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
>Kids these days need to leave the computer.
hehe funny pics here[/IMG]
LOLLLL
Cassio edited his post b/c of butthurt and :salt:
bahahha i currently love Teevee

@Illmatic
earlier you stated you won't take players off even if they request it? Not sure if you meant that (I would hope not as it seems really douchey and unnecessary), but assuming you didn't mean it Dtj requests to be taken off the Samus list.

In addition:
KK (KingKong) quit thus put Zigsta as first.
Tear's Bowser is better than Arlex.
I don't know T-Blocks wins so I don't wanna say anything wrong, but based off what Aposl does shouldn't he be second? Other than Reflex and him is the PT list even real? 3-5 literally have nothing assuming Aposl as #2

PS) Are you maintaining the "max 3 character" rule for the list as there was controversy on that rule earlier...
oh and crucial update to Listening Pleasure, was worried you didn't care about this for a second :awesome:

Cassio

Smash Master
I edited my post because theres absolutely no benefit in entering a confrontation with smash's drama capital as they attempt to gain recognition for delusional achievements.

z00ted

Why are you such an ******* to me sometimes, Slush?
I'm literally nothing but nice to you.

z00ted

@Illmatic
earlier you stated you won't take players off even if they request it? Not sure if you meant that (I would hope not as it seems really douchey and unnecessary), but assuming you didn't mean it Dtj requests to be taken off the Samus list.
Well, looks like I'm gonna be stuck inside of a vagina sometime soon.

If they don't want to be recognized, tell them to not enter tournaments. This thread tracks players' success, just like any ranking system would.

People like that are basically throwing a baby fit because they probably feel as though they should be higher. If they enter a tournament, they are implying that they want to be recognized - it goes hand in hand. I can bet you that if I placed them at the very top of the list initially they wouldn't ask to be taken off.

They don't have to support whatever case we give them if it's brought forth, since they don't care - right? And if they want to improve, they will use their misplacement as motivation to get better/prove us wrong. This is like allowing Mew2King to consistently win nationals back and forth for a year and a half, never promote his success on this thread, and then I go and say Lee Martin is the best Metaknight. It's inaccurate, which is something I'm striving to relieve this thread of.

I'm trying to give credit where it is due.

In addition:
KK (KingKong) quit thus put Zigsta as first.
Tear's Bowser is better than Arlex.
I don't know T-Blocks wins so I don't wanna say anything wrong, but based off what Aposl does shouldn't he be second? Other than Reflex and him is the PT list even real? 3-5 literally have nothing assuming Aposl as #2
This will be noted.

PS) Are you maintaining the "max 3 character" rule for the list as there was controversy on that rule earlier...
oh and crucial update to Listening Pleasure, was worried you didn't care about this for a second :awesome:
Nope, I'm not.

If any player wants to fill up this entire chart, it's up to other players to get better than him/her. That rule is one of the most idiotic and anti-competitive/nurturing things I've ever seen.

Thanks for the compliment on the new song.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why are you such an ******* to me sometimes, Slush?
I'm literally nothing but nice to you.
It didn't matter to me who had the thread or not, if it was Player 1 Lux or some other person... I voted for it to be locked since this terrible thread causes too much trouble as is.

It wasn't even a jab at you. Plus, I don't think I've ever been rude towards you.

Edit: Though I find it ironic you're saying you've been nothing but nice to me, despite a certain time in the houston thread you kept telling me to shut the **** up numerous times, along with **** you .gifs (censor dodging at that). Sarcasm or not, still rude.

z00ted

You've given me procedures on how to kill myself via bleach before.

But whatever, it's cool. I just would support a friend or player in my state who is trying to do something positive for the community. It's not like this thread was under consideration for a lockdown or anything.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh, that sarcastic comment that I copied off 4chan that was in no way directed towards you? It was actually involving pennies and breathing throu- nvm I got in trouble for that already. No point doing it again.

Good times though, discussion was about how CoD talk was ruining the thread, so I brought that up to change the subject.

Edit again: Though I guess in a way it was related to you, in a sense of the image you posted.
Lighter + Pot reminded me of that suicide tactic and I decided to post it. If anything, it felt relevant to your image and it did become the topic for a short amount of time instead of Call of **** talk, so I felt I did a slight success in making the terrible discussion cease for now.

z00ted

Kk, I still love you.
I'm about to make some more updates, they will be noted in this post shortly.

Updated everything, check it out on the OP or right here:

UPDATED 6/6/12:
[COLLAPSE=""]:metaknight:

Nairo (+1)
Ally (-1)

:olimar:

Fino (+1)
Logic (-1)

Taken Off: Logic
New Addition: Fino (5th)

:diddy:

Vato_Break (+2)
BigLou (+2)
Player-1 (-1)

Taken Off: Lie
New Addition: BigLou (4th)

:snake:

Havok (+1)
Fatal (-1)

:falco:

Kismet (+3)
Pelca (-3)

Taken Off: Pelca
New Addition: Kismet (3rd)

:marth:

KillLock (+2)
Raziek (+1)
Neo (-3)

Taken off: Neo
New Addition: Raziek (5th)

:wario:

Sky' (+1)
Malcolm (+1)
Bpow (+1)
Hunger (-2)
Bassem (-1)

Taken Off: Hunger
New Addition: Bpow (5th)

:popo:

DeLux (+3)
Dojo (+1)
Smoom (-1)
Roller (-1)

Taken Off: Roller
New Addition: DeLux (3rd)

:pikachu2:

(No Update)

:lucario:

Junebug (+1)
Pitbull (-1)

:zerosuitsamus:

Y.b.M. (+1)
Bio (+1)
Dakpo (-2)

Taken Off: Dakpo
New Addition: Bio (5th)

:gw:

(No Update)

:toonlink:

Jerm (+3)
Jash (-1)
Pj (-1)
Kingtoon (-1)

:fox:

Zeton (+1)
Tearbear (-1)

Taken Off: Tearbear
New Addition: Zeton (5th)

:peach:

Silly Kyle (+1)
Kyon (+1)
Nicole (-1)
Mikey Lenetia (-1)

:dk2:

(No Update)

:kirby2:

Chudat (+1)
Y.b.M. (-1)

:rob:

Stingers (+2)
Chibo (-1)
t0mmy (-1)

:pit:

Koolaid (+1)
KiraFlax (-1)

:sonic:

Wedge (+1)
Speed (-1)

Taken Off: Speed
New Addition: Wedge (5th)

:ike:

(No Update)

:luigi2:

(No Update)

:sheik:

Tutu (+1)
Kilik (+1)
Billy (-1)
Tree (-1)

Taken Off: Tree
New Addition: Kilik (5th)

:ness2:

Coney (+2)
R e d x (-1)
Twin x (-1)

Taken Off: Twin x
New Addition: Coney (4th)
:yoshi2:

Raptor (+3)
Hadesblade (-1)
Firefly (-1)
Sinister Slush (-1)

Taken Off: Sinister Slush
New Addition: Raptor (3rd)

:pt:

Aposl (+3)
T-Block (-1)
Mata (-1)
Coontail (-1)

:lucas:

FAE (+1)
Ninjalink (-1)

:mario2:

Stevo (+5)
Flameleon (-1)
Vato_Break (-1)
Boss (-1)
2fast (-1)

Taken Off: Thatguy
New Addition: Steep (1st)

:bowser2:

Seagull (+1)

Taken Off: Arlex
New Addition: Seagull (5th)

:samus2:

(No Update)

:falcon:

(No Update)

:link2:

(No Update)

:jigglypuff:

(No Update)

:zelda:

Ven (+3)
Vinnie (+3)
Fuujin (-3)
Riot (-1)
ScaryLB59 (-1)

Taken Off: Linkz
New Addition: Vinnie (3rd)

:ganondorf:

Vermanubis (+2)
Fonz (-1)
Breezy (-1)
[/COLLAPSE]
IMPORTANT!

Characters I want to discuss (please namesearch):

:diddy:

Lie, BigLou, Player-1, Fliphop, Zinoto, Vato, Felix

A lot of high level Diddy players who suffer the same fate of not currently being as good as ADHD/Gnes. Do Felix and Lie still play? What are Zinoto's wins as well as Fliphop's and BigLou's? Obviously Player-1 and Vato have stated their wins and we are trying to settle that issue as best as possible, but they may be getting beat to the punch by other players who simply haven't brought forth their accomplishments yet. I want to discuss where they should be standing in terms of placement and come to a good agreement without so they know what needs to be done to move up on the list.

:snake:

Bizkit, MVD, and Fatal

These three players have been pulling in somewhat the same results for a while now. Fatal has a history of more impressive wins, but has some very hefty losses as of recent - while Bizkit has outplaced him in a few events that they have both attended. MVD is down in Florida, so there's nothing really to be said there. I just want to compare wins and make sure this lists is as accurate as possible.

:falco:

SK92, Bloodcross, Kismet, Pelca

The Falco list is probably the hardest one to compile at the moment, due to the fact that the ones past DEHF/Larry are so close in skill level that it's hard to gauge where to place them. If these four players could post their most recent win/results I think we could create a better idea of what exactly is going on. Pelca dropped (3) three spots in the last update, and I don't want it to seem like a mistake or him being overviewed. In addition to this, a more stable Falco list may help us create a better Diddy list.. or any other character for that matter. We need wins/results from the Falcos the most, in my opinion.

:marth:

Killlock, Kadaj, Raziek, BoA, Zex

I just don't know a lot about Marth players, honestly. Tracking their tournament success is extremely hard to do, considering the good ones reside in SoCal/NorCal and results only get posted via AiB. I know BoA is extremely underrated and recently took third at a stacked California regional. Haven't heard from Zex in a while and I'm not even sure who is still active. Then you throw in the fact that Raziek was mentioned as a top five Marth, as well as the notion that KillLock is potentially a top two Marth from recent success, and there leaves a lot to be discussed. I need more information regarding this character and the players who use him.

:zerosuitsamus:

Y.b.M., DRN, Bio, Shlike, Dakpo

The Salem and Nick Riddle placements were worked out, but after that it's a pretty tight battle on who should be placed where. DRN is holding down his area pretty well with consistent tournament results, but both Bio and Y.b.M. have been taking out some pretty big names as well. Bio beating Razer, Pj, and Smoom and Y.b.M. beating Dojo and a few others very recently. Shlike and Dakpo are both very talented players, but seem to be under the radar either due to inactivity or a scene without much competition. ZSS needs to be discussed by these five and the public as well.

:rob:

Stingers, Chibo, t0mmy

I know Stingers has been getting some pretty good wins in MD/VA, but I don't want to put him so high on a list if both Chibo and t0mmy are competing at the same level or better. Chibo beat Nicole and a few others at Apex, and I haven't heard from t0mmy because he rarely ever posts and I think his scene is practically dead.

:zelda:

ScaryLB59, Riot, Ven, Fuujin, Mocha, Linkz

Not sure if Fuujin is banned from this thread or not, but I want to make sure that my personal opinion on Zelda's rank is correct when basing it off of their results and wins against other ranked players. Ven's is by far the most impressive with Z and Rich Brown under his belt, as well as Vato and a few other lower ranked players. Riot has always been consistent and known to be a doubles threat. Don't know a lot about ScaryL other than the fact that he has a good Zelda and resides in Florida. Mocha is a new Zelda that popped up in Texas and has a few of her own achievements to rank against the others, but I want to make sure it's better than Fuujin's before putting her there. I haven't heard of anything notable from Fuujin in a very long time, and only know Linkz from AiB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom