• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
vennn's post was somewhat real...

Vinnie did something great but, thinking of what Ven said about the others performances, I pretty much agree with him.

I like this list too, I think I could be added to the bottom if I had some greater wins, so it can stay like the one Ven posted.

1.) ven
2.) Riot
3.) ScaryLB
4 & 5.) Mocha or Fuujin
Something like this would seem more accurate than things are right now.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
LMAO @ the last 2 pages.

Edit: GEOW!!! Not even a minute after posting this and the smashcops already got me :/

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Mekos, SaveMeJebus, me9595, FreESAM, TeeVee, V1CE, King~, allshort17, Zucco, R e d X, vennn, dualseeker, Damittom, Ubermensch, Sinister Slush, BlackGold, LordXav1er, Roller, *Cam*, Elletrico, Drake12, RaveRemix, Neon!, Omega Tyrant, DiskaSM

Neon!

Smash Lord
Mekos, SaveMeJebus, me9595, FreESAM, TeeVee, V1CE, King~, allshort17, Zucco, R e d X, vennn, dualseeker, Damittom, Ubermensch, Sinister Slush, BlackGold, LordXav1er, Roller, *Cam*, Elletrico, Drake12, RaveRemix, Neon!, Omega Tyrant, DiskaSM
what do you want

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Why the **** does Zucco lurk this thread, he doesn't even play brawl!

and someone tell me what zex has done with Marth recently cause I think killLock is better from what I currently know.

Zucco

Smash Master
Why the **** does Zucco lurk this thread, he doesn't even play brawl!

and someone tell me what zex has done with Marth recently cause I think killLock is better from what I currently know.
I love brawl

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Mmkay so I started going to tournaments last year (in August as a matter of fact) and since then I've been going to a tournament every month up until February of this year, due to life pressing matters. Here are my listings/results:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315989

And there you'll see my name, and tournaments listed for both 2011 and 2012. Also, I'm planning to go to Whobo 4 coming up, and possibly tournaments before that if things don't get too busy for me.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Mmkay so I started going to tournaments last year (in August as a matter of fact) and since then I've been going to a tournament every month up until February of this year, due to life pressing matters. Here are my listings/results:

And there you'll see my name, and tournaments listed for both 2011 and 2012. Also, I'm planning to go to Whobo 4 coming up, and possibly tournaments before that if things don't get too busy for me.
$10 MM at whobo4?

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice

Take Vinnie out, give Mocha 4th or 5th.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think we're up to date with infractions. We may proceed with on topic discussion

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure if you just banned P-1 from the thread 90% of all moderating issues would go away. That and nobody ever mentioning doubles.

Illmatic, if you don't, you should probably make a text document and copy+paste all the results you ask for into that. Throw in dates if possible. Just for really easy reference without trying to get people to name search all the time.

BSP

Smash Legend
You're already making progress Ill, good stuff

And what the above poster said. That way, you don't have to constantly keep digging up results for the people that are currently on this list.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Oh my gosh guys lol just take me off the list. I know you guys hate me for being inactive; just take me off. I'm still a good as player as I was, but I don't have any results to back it up anymore. People DESERVE it more than me.

So, take me off.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Who deserves it Smoom?

We have a list of like Roller, Big D, Dark Flame going.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Ummm, so those three are fighting for 5th?

oh lol i'll keep my spot above them. i don't know who's I'd choose. I don't see any results from Dark Flame, but none of them have notable wins. Big D's placing look better, but of course because he doesn't live in a hard region. I would love to see both Roller and Big D post their best videos. I think it's dumb to pick simply off of results.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Not too long actually, I've gotten serious with them back in Late February. I practiced a lot with Firefly and ended up not being able to compete at my ICs debut tourney but did manage to beat the top player at the time with ICs in a mm before I had to leave. Then I won the April monthly, followed by 4th place at our regional, Phoenix 7, and just recently won another tourney last weekend. The only people I have lost with ICs to are Felix and Killock in a set each.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sorry I'm late to the Zelda party.

My wins for Zelda

Mampam x 2 :diddy:/:snake:
Trump x 2 :fox:
RedHalberd (LT) :jigglypuff:
Ryo (LT & MM) :ike:/:link:/:mario:
Mink x 3 :zerosuitsamus:/:jigglypuff:
SheikSSBM :luigi:
GDX :diddy:
iPresea x 3 :pikachu2:
2-D Jeff :popo:
FGCU Viper (MM) :falco:
Chibo (MM) :rob:

Those are many of my best wins. I'm not sure how far back we're gonna go so I stopped looking around 8/2011. So many almost wins but they aren't really worth mentioning.....except the HRnut one. Man did I want that lol.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
If we're going with the Smoom wins from 2011 counting, which apparently we are (and that's fine) then my wins include

KingToon (#2 TL and #1 in PA during APEX)
Z (#2 Pika, #3 in NV)
Sparta Kick (#3 in MI at the time, beat Lain's ICs at same tourney)
Arty (PRd in IL and was on top 5 Falco list at the time.)
Speed (was #3 sonic at the time)
Tutu (PRd in MI, one of top Sheiks)
Hadesblade (one of the top Yoshis on here)
Asadelta (cause bigD listed him)
Azure Kenny (was #2 in MI at the time, behind only Lain)
DLA
Aposl x2 (top 5 pt)
Coontail (top 5 pt)
Tech Chase x2 or 3 (PRd in MI)
Coco x2 (PRd in MI)

More, but I'm on my phone and that's all I remember right now. (also why I didn't check exact # on list for some players.

Last regional I went to I tied with Lux for highest placing ICs, P-1 & DRN got same place)

I haven't been practicing at all this summer tho.

im someone's best win.

i dont suck

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
I edited my post because theres absolutely no benefit in entering a confrontation with smash's drama capital as they attempt to gain recognition for delusional achievements.
More butthurt, understandable. But you covered it well with fancy wording, that I'll admit.

If they don't want to be recognized, tell them to not enter tournaments. This thread tracks players' success, just like any ranking system would.

People like that are basically throwing a baby fit because they probably feel as though they should be higher. If they enter a tournament, they are implying that they want to be recognized - it goes hand in hand. I can bet you that if I placed them at the very top of the list initially they wouldn't ask to be taken off.
Go to the first page of the thread, dtj admitted to not being worthy of the list vs other samus' since the thread was started dude. I mean there are people who enter tournaments just as a casual pastime, it's more of a social event to play with friends over the "I have the drive to win." And for people like that shouldn't you respect their wishes and remove em?

Ultimately it's your thread, and tbh since you've taken over it's been about 30x more effective. I'll trust whatever judgment you have towards this. Also the page count has been going up by 25-40 everyday since Krys gave it to you, keep up the good work. :bee:

wow, this is the people that mod this site?

reported.
OH GOD your bs quote on Delux has me literally on the floor laughing right now, I just woke up 2 of my dorm-mates at 2:30am and they think I'm insane.
Like I said earlier, Teevee is the best poster in here oh god :awesome:

For the diddy issue, assuming it's still on-going, how can anyone say that Vato's wins are better than P1? All you have to do is literally read both their lists and you can see P1s are infinitely better.

4GOD, Kismet, Reflex against what? SK92 is the only comparable win on vato's list...
The people who Player 1 has beaten have shown their worth at nationals too, while those on Vato's list, really haven't. Don't see where the issue is.

Also hope everything goes well in surgery Ill.

Vinnie

Smash Master
*cracks knuckles*

He beat cheese ok? Who did cheese use,Ice climbers. If im correct,vinnie is the best IC in the nation, so of course he would know how to play the match up well, thus not making it such a big win imo.
he also used MK and Falco, and I triple 2 stocked him.

Cheese also went Falco and MK on Vinnie so it seems he was sandbagging a bit.
No? He secondaries those characters (well at least MK) @_@

Raptor went jigglypuff most of the time and eventually used yoshi but then went IC's<--- Again vinnie knows this mu very well.
What? I 2-0'd his Yoshi with Zelda...

I agree with Vinnie being too high tho, you need some actually consistency to be at least higher then 5th on the list.
No.

It's not about bashing Vinnie, it's about who deserves the spot. Someone else who has used Zelda and placed well for a while with her was taken off so that his 1-tournament winning Zelda could replace that person. I don't think winning 1 tournament, without beating anyone who is known to be exceptionally good, is enough to get you a top 5 spot, not to mention top 3.
Since when is placing 9th or worse (at locals), consistently, "placing well"? No offense to Mocha. But you straight up pulled that argument out of your *** lol.

if the wins he got in that 1 tournament were better than all of the wins the zelda that got taken off had, he very well deserves that spot.

if someone is able to get more/better wins than you in 1 tournament, you probably dont deserve to be on the list in the first place
Thought this would be obvious but I guess not. lol

Use another good player for example. Ally was just the first to come to mind. There should be at least a few good players beaten for someone to deserve a top 5 spot with a given character.
What are you SAYING???

Vinnie doesn't deserve the spot. He does not show the level of character skill that a lot of Zeldas have
Uh, what? I didn't even post the videos yet, you're just bashing me mindlessly...

and he hasn't been using her over a reasonable period of time with decent results.
I've been using her for a while, breh.

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
Hey, could a texas player do me a favor and list me jerm and pjs best recent wins. Honestlty their wins are probably better than mine, but i wanna know what i have to do to get past either of them. I would have probably already if i had remembered to take my meds before az ):. whatever e4u here we come ****. Somebody list me their wins if possible please. It would be definately helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom