• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Since when is placing 9th or worse (at locals), consistently, "placing well"? No offense to Mocha. But you straight up pulled that argument out of your *** lol.
It's not like I exactly live in a free region, or that my character is currently considered second worst in the game. If we're going by those standards, I should be placing last or second to last in every tournament. Not that I find my placings impressive anyway, which is why I've already said that I don't feel like I deserve to be on this list.

I just think it makes less sense for someone who doesn't even main the character and uses them them once to, not only get in the list, but bump up to third spot past other Zeldas, such as Ed, who have been placing consistently well through many tournaments. I thought to even get on a list like this, there would be some kind of requirement of at least 5 tournaments or so within the last year. But obviously there isn't, so if I wanted to, I could go work on any character that doesn't get enough representation, beat a decent player, and get placed on a list like this. Now if I were to beat decent players consistently with that character, then at least I would have worked my way up to the list, rather than just getting in by asking to be, and for being a 'top' player. No offense to you either, Vinnie.

On top of that, you should have posted your results/links to previous tournaments you've been to, rather than just saying you beat -insert person here- and 2-3 stocked them. If your manager at work asked for you to show some references/information for past job experiences, and you had nothing to back up your statement but your own words claiming that you did these things, they'll probably be a bit suspicious. Now, if you do have results for more than just one tournament, then people like me can hush about your lack of placings and acknowledge the work you've put in.

*edit* Btw Fujin requested to be removed from this list, but apparently can't post here. I have his shoutout on AiB if it's needed to be pulled up.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
It's not like I exactly live in a free region, or that my character is currently considered second worst in the game. If we're going by those standards, I should be placing last or second to last in every tournament. Not that I find my placings impressive anyway, which is why I've already said that I don't feel like I deserve to be on this list.

I just think it makes less sense for someone who doesn't even main the character and uses them them once to, not only get in the list, but bump up to third spot past other Zeldas, such as Ed, who have been placing consistently well through many tournaments. I thought to even get on a list like this, there would be some kind of requirement of at least 5 tournaments or so within the last year. But obviously there isn't, so if I wanted to, I could go work on any character that doesn't get enough representation, beat a decent player, and get placed on a list like this. Now if I were to beat decent players consistently with that character, then at least I would have worked my way up to the list, rather than just getting in by asking to be, and for being a 'top' player. No offense to you either, Vinnie.

On top of that, you should have posted your results/links to previous tournaments you've been to, rather than just saying you beat -insert person here- and 2-3 stocked them. If your manager at work asked for you to show some references/information for past job experiences, and you had nothing to back up your statement but your own words claiming that you did these things, they'll probably be a bit suspicious. Now, if you do have results for more than just one tournament, then people like me can hush about your lack of placings and acknowledge the work you've put in.

*edit* Btw Fujin requested to be removed from this list, but apparently can't post here. I have his shoutout on AiB if it's needed to be pulled up.
agreed brother, I've heard that a certain player from California believes he's the best Pit in the NA region, but there's no evidence on his in-person tournaments and on Wifi which irrelevant.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But you were coaching against me! If I went Sonic it'd be asking to lose. <.< AND I STILL WENT SONIC GAME 3.
X played Rich Brown several times prior to the beginning of our game at MLG Dallas. Deal with the coaching. That's just something every player has to do.

You went Sonic by abusing the fact that you had Meta Knight to back you up. He couldn't ban Yoshi's Island because he was too concerned about whether or not you were going to stick with Meta Knight in game three. When he finally banned his level, you auto Sonic/YI Brawl'd. That's low. The bat won you that set. Not Sonic. :applejack:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
random idea

if we EVER have a national where everyone in the 1st/2nd spots on this list are in attendance, we should have a side tourny where just they are allowed

that'd be hype! :p

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
random idea

if we EVER have a national where everyone in the 1st/2nd spots on this list are in attendance, we should have a side tourny where just they are allowed

that'd be hype! :p
Concept matches. Japan does it often.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
X played Rich Brown several times prior to the beginning of our game at MLG Dallas. Deal with the coaching. That's just something every player has to do.

You went Sonic by abusing the fact that you had Meta Knight to back you up. He couldn't ban Yoshi's Island because he was too concerned about whether or not you were going to stick with Meta Knight in game three. When he finally banned his level, you auto Sonic/YI Brawl'd. That's low. The bat won you that set. Not Sonic. :applejack:
yah but espy it's different. X and you play...lmao, to say the least, completely opposite. RB playing him probably made him worse @ the Sonic matchup because his depiction was probably "oh, so Sonic just spindashes across the stage, and I just throw out a move?"

You were there w/ this onside coaching, so I had to do the ultimate kick to the balls to both you u and go MK. Besides, I beat Salem in a friendly with my MK so I was feeling more confident with him during that time.

I don't play Sonic, I play to win. If I have to go MK so it cancels out your coaching to win? Then so be it. And if it's considered "low", do I really care?? LOL nope.

Still a kick to my nuts for you to coach against me. :( </3 </3 </3

EDIT: Tutu for top 5 Zelda. People are srsly sleeping on it? Really? He goes shielda, AKA sheik AND zelda, just like Ed.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Concept matches. Japan does it often.
wuts that?

go on..

also, you guys here should take into consideration what i used to do with my PR

i used to allow PR matches to people who did not get to play each other in bracket

the set would count as much as a tourny set, in that it would give records equal of importance as a tourny set

this gives u more records u can use, more records=more accurate lists

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Having a MK secondary so you can take people to your favorite stage game 3 sounds pretty smart to me.
I'm not saying it isn't.

yah but espy it's different. X and you play...lmao, to say the least, completely opposite. RB playing him probably made him worse @ the Sonic matchup because his depiction was probably "oh, so Sonic just spindashes across the stage, and I just throw out a move?"

You were there w/ this onside coaching, so I had to do the ultimate kick to the balls to both you u and go MK. Besides, I beat Salem in a friendly with my MK so I was feeling more confident with him during that time.

I don't play Sonic, I play to win. If I have to go MK so it cancels out your coaching to win? Then so be it. And if it's considered "low", do I really care?? LOL nope.

Still a kick to my nuts for you to coach against me. :( </3 </3 </3
Don't try and make excuses. Sonic is Sonic, and even with a deviance in our playstyles, the properties and mechanics of the character remain consistent. As far as that's concerned, Rich had the full opportunity to test the waters and see what Olimar could do to Sonic, and against several of Sonic's more viable moves, that's as strong an opener for a match up that you're going to get.

Also, I didn't start coaching until round two, and even then, I seldom told him anything he didn't already know from playing me a billion times.

If you play to win, then do that, but don't be surprised when you get my scorn. I'll kick you in your metaphorical nuts all day if I want to. You went Meta Knight. You deserve everything that happens to you and more.

The fact that you're responding to me constantly tells me that you DO care to some extent. If you didn't, then you wouldn't give a damn.
Now go steal more wins. :applejack:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Concept Matches are unofficial matches that run during tournaments to show how best "x" player in the world does against best "y" player in the world where X and Y represent characters. Since tournaments don't always allow these events to occur naturally, most Japanese tournaments in nearly all fighting games have a timeslot set aside for Concept Matches.

I think it would be great to incorporate this kind of thing into Smash. Unfortunately, sets can take too much time so Concept Matches normally have to be run outside of the tournament, or a specific set-up has to be dedicated to running only Concept Matches to make it work.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I'm not saying it isn't.

Don't try and make excuses. Sonic is Sonic, and even with a deviance in our playstyles, the properties and mechanics of the character remain consistent. As far as that's concerned, Rich had the full opportunity to test the waters and see what Olimar could do to Sonic, and against several of Sonic's more viable moves, that's as strong an opener for a match up that you're going to get.

Also, I didn't start coaching until round two, and even then, I seldom told him anything he didn't already know from playing me a billion times.

If you play to win, then do that, but don't be surprised when you get my scorn. I'll kick you in your metaphorical nuts all day if I want to. You went Meta Knight. You deserve everything that happens to you and more.

The fact that you're responding to me constantly tells me that you DO care to some extent. If you didn't, then you wouldn't give a damn.
Now go steal more wins. :applejack:
Espy doesn't like me...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Marth as a character has no MU's where he doesn't have the tools to win.

He definitely has disadvantages that are obvious, i.e. MK, Diddy (imo 6:4s). Other than ICs, I don't see anything else being even equal to that.
I agree, but as of right now only the highest refined Marths (Mike and Mr. R more than anyone) are able to demonstrate his spread consistently. Leon has habits that hold him back a little, I don't know **** about Mikeneko, Nike and Kadaj are respectable but often get outclassed in even MUs by better players, etc. Then again...only the highest refined Marths being able to do it makes total sense anyway lmao, since that's how it should be.

Marth v ICs is def even.
LOL no.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol how did I move down to #5 PT?

T-Block has been inactive for a while and same with Mata

I can list wins but the two of them don't really have anything as of late

T-block will get wins as soon as he comes back but i don't get how I moved down to 5th??

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What set are you guys even talking about XD
APEX Pools Round 1, Winner of the set between Paw and Meek go to Round 2.
Not feeling confident, he went MK (like everyone) to win game 1. After barely losing Game 2 he grew afraid but thankfully remembered his secondary, Sonic.

So either ZSS deals with Frigate + MK, or YI:B + Sonic. Paw decided YI:B + Sonic.
Like all Sonic mains (outside of Espy) he camped to wit's end and eventually won.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Nah, Minty's not top 5 marth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0emXH1ZqwM

The current Marth list is actually meh. Kadaj has gotten worse, yet he's still on. Plus I'm not sure if NEO still plays, but a much better question is why Raziek is fifth instead of NEO.
what the hell is your sig doing, I see MK and Diddy and Mk is ****** the hell out of diddy and then it pauses.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It sucks that Meek and I have only ever played 1 set 1v1, ever. If we had played more he probably would have known the ZSS MU and may have been able to take out Paw with Sonic.

Oh well he won doesn't matter lawl

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Marth vs ICs is ICs advantage.
Why wouldn't it be even, other than Mikes sets v ICs I've never thought this, but if both Marth and ICs play to their fullest abilities it should be even. Although from what I've seen the Marth needs to have a lot more perfect play than the ICs to make it even.

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
Why is jerm over jash and kingtoon? Jash has wins in recent times like vinnie, mikehaze, etc. and kingtoon just beat nakat and atomsk and i think a couple others. Im not sure who jerms beaten but i know he hasnt beatern anybody of vinnie or mikes caliber because he hasnt beaten gnes razer or trela recently to my knowledge.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
This thread... yeah. I think there should be some up-front requirements to determine if someone is even qualified to compete for a given spot. Something like having had a minimum of a certain number of tournament placings with their character, and a certain number of decent level wins (unless there are no contenders at all, like for Jiggs).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
okay, im back

that was one hell of a night/day : (

they took out a pretty decent portion of my bowels in surgery in attempt of allowing me to eat eventually when the scars heal, because that part was way too inflamed for me to eat without feeling like putting a revolver to my head

pain medication barely helped at all, had tubes stuck in my stomach and nose.. could barely breathe. crohn's sucks bro

time to catch up on stuff

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
okay, im back

that was one hell of a night/day : (

they took out a pretty decent portion of my bowels in surgery in attempt of allowing me to eat eventually when the scars heal, because that part was way too inflamed for me to eat without feeling like putting a revolver to my head

pain medication barely helped at all, had tubes stuck in my stomach and nose.. could barely breathe. crohn's sucks bro

time to catch up on stuff
peach sucks

z00ted

lmfao, she really does
and thanks guys

so, from what i've read so far...

mikekirby2 #4 or #5 :kirby2:

pwii #4 or #5 :gw:

kingtoon ??? :toonlink:

going to remove Vinnie from :zelda: until he attends more tournaments (at least 2 different ones)

z00ted

seibrik for 5th :wario:

:zelda: list

ven
riot
scaryL
mocha
fuujin

gonna continue reading, idk what to do involving p-1 and vato, probably going to tie them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom