• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
>Player X enters tournament for fun and just as a pastime
>Player X does well by chance, not his fault he's just more skilled than other people who are tryhards
>Player X gets put on a list of Top 5 for the competitive side of the game
>Doesn't want to be on the list, but wishes aren't respected.
K

And Kuro if Zeton was a special case tell me NAKAT and Fuujin got taken off? I'm REALLY curious to hear the explanation behind this one, it's just plain and simple playing favorites. How can one not respect the INDIVIDUAL enough to remove them from the list? It's not like the players are being rude about it, they all (IIRC), asked quite nicely and why in the hell should they have to provide good enough reason. It's THEIR name being posted, thus if they don't want it up there why the hell shouldn't you take it off?

@TeeVee - I'm pretty sure there's 0 way to prove your theory, so k.
Pretty sure i can't say why. Mod stuffz.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Vatobreak is in the right spot. He 2-0d me recently. And i the only diddy to beat me was ADHD. I never played Gnes which i would love to, but Vatobreak would be able to beat people whos talking against him or have close game. He took tyrant to last game recently also. People need to stop underestimating people and just know that the brawl metagame is evolving. The people that weren't ranked in the past have made it to top and can take games off top players.

Player-1

Smash Legend
my point is your logic is bad.

I have a winning record against kismet right now...so what? It's one playing in one MU, it adds to my credentials, but when your only argument is "vato deserves 3rd cuz he beat me, he almost beat tyrant, and he'd hypothetically beat ppl if he got to play him" it's pretty subjective. I can easily say "i deserve 3rd cuz i beat kismet, i beat tyrant in a $1 MM, and I'd hypothetically beat ppl if I got to play him" and it'd hold...like the same weight. Just not very good logic.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Well this list goes off of recent wins............not by overalll performance. It gives a good chance for players to get on the list. I vacationed and now look where I am on the list haha. I'm just posting it up basically. Going to a tournament here and there while the upcoming players have passed me up. The list is excellent for people that are really active.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wut? i was just saying your original logic was bad, i wasn't disputing what you were just saying at all.

and btw the winning record against kismet was recent. 2 wins on him, 1 loss.

vato_break

Smash Master
I'll just have to prove myself at the next tournament, i live in a lot harder region(with a bunch of S-tier rather than high tier players) so it's significantly harder but no johns just gotta step it up to show that im better(which is pretty **** because i've used diddy probably quarter to half the time everyone on the list has :p) but i think i can do it. Player-1 is good though, so no discredit to him, he certainly has done much improvements in the last 4 years of using diddy kong.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
So what we've come down to is, (correct me if I'm wrong)
Player 1's list:
3. Big Lou
4. Him
5. Vato

Your List (Vato):
3. P1
4. vato/big lou
5. vato/big lou

Awkward because P1 thinks Big Lou is better than both of you, but you say that P1 is better than Big Lou.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its sad that now 2 of the top 5 diddies are best known for being a couple of the best Mario Bros. players a while back.

Damn Brawl, you scary.

C.J.

Smash Master
That is fairly amusing actually. The plethora of options you gain when moving from a terrible character to a broken one, huh?

Tesh

Smash Hero
My Top 5 Tier Traitor list:
1. Shugo
2. Vato_Break
3. Big Lou
4. Malcolm
5. Ally

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Who did Malcolm switch from/to? And how is Meek NOT on that list. Sonic ->MK (kinda). So vato are you at 3rd followed by p1/big lou or are you at 4th preceded by big lou and after you is p1?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Legan and Meek didn't become top players of their new mains. I'd put ALSM > Legan though.

Maybe Noid for HM...

8Bitman

Smash Master
LOL Holy went MK all day! He only uses R.O.B on easier characters, that's why I want to see him go R.O.B more.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Just a quick note.

The only reason I removed ... one of the fox players...

Was because they explicitly stated that they had issues with harrassment involving their placement, how to play as Fox and such I would assume.

My advice to players wanting to be removed from the list; and to the thread owner, Illmatic;

remove players that ask to be removed on a per case basis; do not remove players just because they complain that the list is stupid and that they need no reason to not want to be on. That is just selfish and inheritantly counter-productive to a community effort like this thread (or at least what I had envisioned it would have been after helping it up from miles not doing anything else with it)

So in other words, unless they explicitly provide evidence of said harassment or detrimental issues (players calling them out, getting on them personally in tournaments, or even spamming them for advice on forums or instant messenger...), do not remove players.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Krys, I'll keep all of that in consideration. Thanks for the post.

Player-1, please wait until after SKTAR to bring up the Diddy list again. We've already discussed this.
Or do something extremely notable before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom