• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The top Characters of players of all time

Lovage

Smash Hero
not enough people are mentioning PP. He is an amazing falco and from what I know he's the first falco recently to beat hungrybox in tournament recently.. twice..

3-1 TWICE

edit: Also, iirc mango tried to take hbox with his falco(in a money match) and failed... PP did not

for the record when i played hbox atttt ummm rom 2? i was drunk while we MM so eat it

AND FOR THE RECORD

ask PP what i did to him in a falco ditto..

LOOOOL

<3333

john!

Smash Hero
Well these are the top of all time in terms of pure skill... they are somewhat in order... and there aren't many old school players because although they were good for their time, they would probably be beaten by these modern players even at the top of their game, in my opinion.

Fox- mango, jman, m2k
Marth- m2k, ken,... idk maybe azen or falcomist?
Shiek- amsah, m2k, tope
Falco- mango, calle w, shiz (maybe shiz before calle)
Captain Falcon- darkrain, mango, ss
JigglyPuff- mango, hbox, darc
Peach- armada, vidjo, pink shinobi or cort
Ganon- kage, linguini, rockcrock

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we go through every character?

Fox- M2K, PC, Jman
Marth - M2K, Ken, Azen
Sheik - M2K, Amsah, KDJ
Falco - Mango, Shiz, PC

High
Peach - ARmada, Vidjo, Cort
Captain Falcon - SS, Darkrain, Isai
Jigglypuff - Mango, King, Hbox
Ice Climbers - Chu Dat

Middle
Samus - HugS, Phanna
Dr. Mario - HMW
Ganondorf - Linguini, Kage, Tipman
Luigi - Ka Master
Donkey Kong - Bum
Mario -

Low
Link - Germ
Pikachu - Axe, Chu Dat
Young Link -
Roy - Neo
Zelda -
Game and Watch -

Bottom
Ness -
Yoshi -
Bowser - Gimpyfish
Mewtwo - Taj, Vman
Kirby - T!mmy, Chu Dat
Pichu - Chu Dat

I don't actually know most of these, haha.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Phanna is good but Ihavespaceballs is actually a lot better.

For Mario it would be: Green Mario, DP's Mario

Pikachu: Axe, -Chad-, N64

Dr. Mario: (no order) HMW, Shroomed, DogySamich

You actually missed a lot of other characters but I don't want to keep editing my post lol

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Anyone who doesn't have Eddie in their ganon list is a dumb ****. The man created ganon and was a dominant force in the early years of the game. Easily one of the all time greatest players of melee.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Why don't we go through every character?

Fox- M2K, PC, Jman
Marth - M2K, Ken, Azen
Sheik - M2K, Amsah, KDJ
Falco - Mango, Shiz, PC so hard to choose. Too many good falcos. :s

High
Peach - ARmada, Vidjo, Cort
Captain Falcon - SS, Darkrain, Isai
Jigglypuff - Mango, King, Hbox
Ice Climbers - Chu Dat, Wobbles

Middle
Samus - HugS, Phanna
Dr. Mario - HMW
Ganondorf - Linguini, Kage, Tipman
Luigi - Ka Master
Donkey Kong - Bum
Mario -

Low
Link - Germ, Lord HDL, Anaki
Pikachu - Axe, Chu Dat
Young Link -
Roy - Neo
Zelda -
Game and Watch -

Bottom
Ness -
Yoshi -
Bowser - Gimpyfish
Mewtwo - Taj, Vman
Kirby - T!mmy, Chu Dat
Pichu - Chu Dat

I don't actually know most of these, haha.
I tried to add a few, but I'm no good either. lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
how did ppl forget DJ nintendo had a good mario and bowser lol.
Best ness - Simna
Yoshi - ZigZag?
Cosmo's zelda is pretty ****. Mango's is too, but he ***** with everyone
ICs- forgot Fly Arminita
Roy - Xeflon?, Ripple

most of the guys are sorta midwest

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well these are the top of all time in terms of pure skill... they are somewhat in order... and there aren't many old school players because although they were good for their time, they would probably be beaten by these modern players even at the top of their game, in my opinion.

Fox- mango, jman, m2k
Marth- m2k, ken,... idk maybe azen or falcomist?
Shiek- amsah, m2k, tope
Falco- mango, calle w, shiz (maybe shiz before calle)
Captain Falcon- darkrain, mango, ss
JigglyPuff- mango, hbox, darc
Peach- armada, vidjo, pink shinobi or cort
Ganon- kage, linguini, rockcrock
I like how you threw falcomist on there. I mean, as he's recently proven his marth is really **** good... I'd still put him below Azen though. Overall though, I pretty much agree with this entirely

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
yeah its kind-of amazing, Before he passed NES N00b was placing the exact same places (7th/5th area) in MW/South major tournaments as Darkrain.

double post cause im a scrub.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
dude Sheik is like pretty much my main. I 4 stocked Kels this weekend with her in winners finals (after playing Brawl all day), won teams with Jman at Genesis, 2 and 3 stocked Tope in dittos at Pound4, beat Amsah 2-1 in friendly sheik dittos at p4, 4 stocked PC's Fox in tourney with her before, and I've even JV 5'd vidjo's peach with sheik before. I'm really insulted when I'm not listed as top sheik when I am a strong contender for the best one.

Jiggs was mostly a joke (although I'm probably 4th but could be better if I practiced but don't want/intend to cuz i don't like her), but I'm certainly easily top 5 for falcon and peach without a question I just **** around with them in tourney but when I'm serious with them I'm top 5 with them but I understand how I wouldn't have the crediblity because I haven't "proven" it so idc that much cuz of that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
People that are missing from these lists that should have been here since the OP for obviousness -

Falco - DA Dave
Samus - Wes
Ganon - Chaddd
Peach- Krazyjones, Sastopher, Mike G, Xif....
Doc - SmashMac, Hoshino Kirby, Kentaross <-----
Zelda - UmbreonMow, TheLake
Kirby - KrazyKirbyKid, KirbyKing90....

I could keep going. I'm just surprised people are forgetting so many influential characters.

edit: We're just talking about top 3? That is far too limited for all of smash history, methinks.

Milos

Smash Lord
m2k i think you're definitely second or first with sheik, first with marth, top 3 fox (mango and then you/jman/pc really close)

i played your peach haha it's mad gay but **** jiggs/peach mad floaty and ****

your falcon is coo

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think the only Japanese players really worth mentioning are Aniki, Captain Jack, Fumi, and Bombsoldier. Are Kentaross, Hoshino Kirby (and S-Royal was another Doc) actually anybody notable? They did pretty good at 0C2 but that's really about it I think.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I forgot about S-Royal.

Yes, they're all very good. S-Royal still plays, and is very good. The other two quit, I think.

And uhhh, don't write off Masashi. He's still one of the best in Japan, at both games.
idk how influential masashi was with fox

also m2k is sure saying a lot claiming to be top falcon AND jiggs

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
People that are missing from these lists that should have been here since the OP for obviousness -

Falco - DA Dave
Samus - Wes
Ganon - Chaddd
Peach- Krazyjones, Sastopher, Mike G, Xif....
Doc - SmashMac, Hoshino Kirby, Kentaross <-----
Zelda - UmbreonMow, TheLake
Kirby - KrazyKirbyKid, KirbyKing90....

I could keep going. I'm just surprised people are forgetting so many influential characters.

edit: We're just talking about top 3? That is far too limited for all of smash history, methinks.
Well the initial lists didn't include the lower tier characters which is why the samus, doc, zelda, and kirby ppl you listed didn't get any recognition. And DA Dave is a very influential falco main and helped develop falco's metagame but there have been so many good falco mains over the years that most people wouldn't put him on their top 3.

idk how influential masashi was with fox

also m2k is sure saying a lot claiming to be top falcon AND jiggs
M2k's level of skill however (like Mango's) is so far up there that he can play as pretty much any character and do really well. His technical ability and good reads/decisions lend to his other characters, and I don't doubt that his falcon and peach don't have the potential to be among the 5 best out there.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
dude Sheik is like pretty much my main. I 4 stocked Kels this weekend with her in winners finals (after playing Brawl all day), won teams with Jman at Genesis, 2 and 3 stocked Tope in dittos at Pound4, beat Amsah 2-1 in friendly sheik dittos at p4, 4 stocked PC's Fox in tourney with her before, and I've even JV 5'd vidjo's peach with sheik before. I'm really insulted when I'm not listed as top sheik when I am a strong contender for the best one.

Jiggs was mostly a joke (although I'm probably 4th but could be better if I practiced but don't want/intend to cuz i don't like her), but I'm certainly easily top 5 for falcon and peach without a question I just **** around with them in tourney but when I'm serious with them I'm top 5 with them but I understand how I wouldn't have the crediblity because I haven't "proven" it so idc that much cuz of that.
We know you're the **** with Sheik (those of us who actually know anything about anything) and those who have played you know about your falcon/peach. I can't speak for everyone, but you'll be a marth main in my heart forever, so thats why i only put you in the marth category, since im only using 1 character per-person.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by shichi_chan View Post
rubyiris
Vbm
Cash Mooney
Insane Carzy Guy
Spam Arrows

Best Players. In That Order.

nuff said

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Fox - Lucky (but I saw Mango doing some insane **** in matches vs Armada)
Marth - M2K (no doubt)
Jiggs - Mango (duh)
Falco - Mango (like DrPP and Shiz more though)
Sheik - Amsah (yeah...)
Peach - Armada (period)
Captain Falcon - Hax (crazy kid, has the most potential of all Falcons imo)
Ganondorf - Kage (duh warrior)
Ice Climbers - Chu Dat (monster)
Samus - HugS (still reppin afaik)
Dr. Mario - DJ Nintendo (even though HMW and Shroomed outplace him, I believe he has more potential)

...yeah, so on and so forth.

Top Bottom