• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Moozle

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't think it makes any sense taking down the Dark Musician (Zelda) vs. DEHF (Falco) match. It might not have been a tournament match, but what's the point of having a character sit at no videos when you have the option of showing the best matches that character has ever had? There's a lot to learn from that match if you ask me, even if it's not tournament.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Honestly I don't think it makes any sense taking down the Dark Musician (Zelda) vs. DEHF (Falco) match. It might not have been a tournament match, but what's the point of having a character sit at no videos when you have the option of showing the best matches that character has ever had? There's a lot to learn from that match if you ask me, even if it's not tournament.
Because I would love to see DarkMusician use her in tournament more and perform THERE.

There's a big difference between choosing to use a mid/low tier for a friendly/MM and using a mid/low tier to proceed in bracket, facing a player like DEHF and then performing well. Or even getting far into bracket using a high tier, but then purposefully switching into a low tier to win a tournament match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zkn-f7q1Pw&feature=channel_video_title#t=4m0s

What good is the friendly vid if for all we know they were messing around with no pressure and no stakes on the line?

Furthermore, say there had been a slim amount of money on the line. Would said player been able to perform the same had they played in tourney? Would said player even have the skill to reach them?

I fail to understand why this is new rule is a problem. If a player like Nike who excels in MMs can't do the same when he plays those same opponents in tournament, there's obviously an external factor to consider. (Just an hypothetical example.)

This isn't a combo vid thread, even if some of the vids in the OP could qualify. It's supposed to represent our metagame, and therefore it should represent tournament play. It isn't an educational video, even if you can learn from it. Go to the Zelda character boards to learn about the character.

End of discussion. I'm not changing my rule on this. You are more than welcome to take over the thread and do it yourself if you'd prefer.

Croi

Smash Lord
I'd like to throw in a recommendation for :ike: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiLOwDDMHKQ

Nysyarc was really on his game for this set, controlling Ike like the Ike-guru he is and just pooping all over his opponent both matches. It was really exciting watching him just pull cool Ike tricks out of the air and this was easily one of his best moments.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ike was solid. That MK though...

I don't think good ones get jabbed five times in a row.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm really bad at arguing so I'm not going to try to do so. I'm pretty confident a better one doesn't exist, but can you at least keep the zelda match up until you find something better to replace it?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
He was making a remark based on what he said to Mr. R, who also corrected him.

Guess you two completely missed that
Probably because they were too lazy to highlight his spoiler tag, lol.

@ Noid- Being the best peach is uninteresting to me. She's free either way. Marth/MK ftw. :)

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I fail to understand why this is new rule is a problem. If a player like Nike who excels in MMs can't do the same when he plays those same opponents in tournament, there's obviously an external factor to consider. (Just an hypothetical example.)
If I lose to 2 top5 texas players in bracket, and then, MM'd half a dozen top10 players after the tourney (and won most of them), I would see that as trying as hard as tourney. Never got the chance to play them in tourney, so I MM them for the chance to still play serious.

I do understand the logic you are making with not allowing MM videos, but it IS removing 856346364564 possible vids for this thread because there are in fact people that try in MM's.

inb4takeoverthethread

∫unk

Smash Master
op should just label the video tournament or mm

no matter what the pressure and stakes aren't the same mm vs. tournament, and it's possible that after a tournament players are tired and not playing as well. that said, i think they are playing for something so it's worth uploading if it's a good match.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
What good is the friendly vid if for all we know they were messing around with no pressure and no stakes on the line?
Hmm, I dunno like a lot better than nothing? : /

That being said youre doing a really good job with this thread! Thumbs up.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Because I would love to see DarkMusician use her in tournament more and perform THERE.

There's a big difference between choosing to use a mid/low tier for a friendly/MM and using a mid/low tier to proceed in bracket, facing a player like DEHF and then performing well. Or even getting far into bracket using a high tier, but then purposefully switching into a low tier to win a tournament match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zkn-f7q1Pw&feature=channel_video_title#t=4m0s

Furthermore, say there had been a slim amount of money on the line. Would said player been able to perform the same had they played in tourney? Would said player even have the skill to reach them?
I was there and watched DarkM vs Larry live, this WAS tournament, and both DarkM and Larry were trying there hardest.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I was there and watched DarkM vs Larry live, this WAS tournament, and both DarkM and Larry were trying there hardest.
LOL

Vex, that was an example of the tournament match. The match that was on the OP was DarkMusician's Zelda taking DEHF to last stock in a friendly. Also, do you even read what you post? You think that video would have made a best Zelda vid on the OP? Where is the logic?

Me including that video to show DarkMusician getting three-stocked in tourney was just a small amount of proof stating friendlies DON'T MATTER. Feel free to read at least a couple pages back before you attempt to join a conversation.

that match with larry was a friendly

the one on the OP
Thanks for being one of the few who care to pay attention.

If I lose to 2 top5 texas players in bracket, and then, MM'd half a dozen top10 players after the tourney (and won most of them), I would see that as trying as hard as tourney. Never got the chance to play them in tourney, so I MM them for the chance to still play serious.

I do understand the logic you are making with not allowing MM videos, but it IS removing 856346364564 possible vids for this thread because there are in fact people that try in MM's.

inb4takeoverthethread
Honestly, I suggest people actually have the nerve to record videos then. There could have been many qualified videos of mid/low tiers for this thread, but the matches were not recorded.

Again, anyone who wants to take over this thread, do feel free to volunteer.

op should just label the video tournament or mm

no matter what the pressure and stakes aren't the same mm vs. tournament, and it's possible that after a tournament players are tired and not playing as well. that said, i think they are playing for something so it's worth uploading if it's a good match.
I don't feel like putting in the time to judge each MM on a case by case basis. I watch a lot of videos already. That's pretty much my reasoning.

HEY NOID

THIS WAS A TOURNEY MATCH ERGO ALLY WAS DEFINITELY NOT SANDBAGGING

xD
Obviously not every tournament match is going to have both players trying their best. Otherwise, there wouldn't be such controversy over the red/yellow carding going on atm.

However, this doesn't change my stance on MMs. From the videos I removed off the OP, the MMs ones had situations where the players chose ridiculous options, and that in all the other videos I see of them in tournament play, they don't choose those options.

The fact that I spent time reviewing each one only to find out they all fell under this category annoyed me. I'm not wasting my time doing that again.

Don't expect anymore more responses from me concerning this topic. It's wasting my time. I gave many of you the respect and time to reply. Now respect my decision because it's final. If you really feel strongly otherwise, then

TAKE. OVER. THE. THREAD.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
My bad, Samus still sucks. (smirk)

Oh, and my opinion about vids that should be used, tournament only, friendlies don't matter.
She does. =/

And I agree.

Also, towards everyone. If you nominate a video and someone in the thread openly argues against it, don't expect it to be added to the OP unless you can both have a solid argument for it and garner more supporters.

For example, Ripple stating the Doc G vid was "not impressive" bars me from adding it to the OP. Unless someone else were willing to stick up for the vid (that would preferably be outside of NY, even though I'm sure San is not bias) and possibly a DK main to even strengthen the argument for the video, then it won't be added.

Simple as that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I watched the first minute and a half of this, and now I know why Jason beats everyone but loses to us. He is gimmicky as balls yo. Like, hes more gimmicky than me, and i play sonic... however
not impressive at all
this dude is lookin like he needs to get a glass of water to wash out all that salt.
She does. =/

And I agree.

Also, towards everyone. If you nominate a video and someone in the thread openly argues against it, don't expect it to be added to the OP unless you can both have a solid argument for it and garner more supporters.

For example, Ripple stating the Doc G vid was "not impressive" bars me from adding it to the OP. Unless someone else were willing to stick up for the vid (that would preferably be outside of NY, even though I'm sure San is not bias) and possibly a DK main to even strengthen the argument for the video, then it won't be added.

Simple as that.
I dont really have an opinion either way, but what i will say is that I believe the rule was one video per player per character, and Dr. G is one of the best DKs right now, and this is one of his only recent recorded tourney matches, everything else we have of him (as well as the rest of us) is dumb old, or against each other

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The Diddy wasn't impressive anyways. landing 3+ up-smashes? diddy was bad. that plus Doctor G wasn't impressive in his play.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i thought the gameplay was really intelligent personally. he was downing bing a lot to trade with glide tosses. spacing his moves really well. and baiting out a lot of specific responces. like the platform up smash to f smash.

but if you want more solid gameplay and less gimmicks, i liked his set with remix a lot better, even though it seemed like the opponent wasnt quite as good as gdx.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dr. G is solid. I approve. Last game seemed a bit bitty, or maybe it was just my laptop.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I nominate myself and my brother for Donkey Kong, Im the DK in the first game and my brother is the DK in the second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0QYlX3wHk

This was taken from a swedish tourney held in Stockholm, the participants were all very high level players and the winner was treated to any number of cheeseburgers he wanted by the losers at the local Mcdonalds thereby ensuring everyone was playing at their very best.

Top Bottom