• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Am I the only one pleased at the current irony of the fact that japan's conservative stagelist has enabled their metagame to develop beyound the American?
You're not.

Though I still think the most hilarious thing is that there are people who use the japanese ruleset as an example for an "uncompetitive" metagame.

:059:

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Yeah, that fight was entirely banana based, the ZS was clearly looking for openings to infinite as well.

This is where matchup ratios start to get tricky though. Do we account for those infinites now that we can see they are obviously usable? Despite it never being seen in the American metagame?

Diddy ends up becoming a very interesting character with this ability. For characters who cannot infinite Diddy back, it becomes an issue of how easily they can avoid his infinite, making Diddy basically a better ICs. And for characters who can infinite him back, the matchup becomes centered around that character's ability to get the nanners from Diddy, and the ease at which they can infinite Diddy.
umm, its not an infinite, its a lock. You can SDI to push yourself closer to the edge and escape.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Hmm Kaffei, I would really appreciate if someone could have a video of Marth doing it
I can send you a .bin+.gct file of me doing it with Marth if you're really interested (it isn't very difficult to perform). Just PM me if you're interested and I'll try to do it tonight during my normal practice session.

Flayl

Smash Hero
About Japan's stagelist: There is no irony involved. A smaller stagelist means techniques that only work on flat surfaces are more plausible and therefore worth actually practicing.

It's a trade for developing less stage-specific techniques.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Seeing as how infinites are usually considered degenerative, it's not really a positive development in their metagame. You guys are just hyped about this because it looks cool

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
if people started consistently single naner locking in tournaments in america diddy would get camped harder than ice climbers.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Seeing as how infinites are usually considered degenerative, it's not really a positive development in their metagame. You guys are just hyped about this because it looks cool
QFT x 10.
Or maybe, because it's a legit 0-death. Either way, it really shouldn't be looked at as "having an evolved metagame".

Tesh

Smash Hero
All trip animations except for like DK/Ivy/Jiggs/2 others or something are the same framewise. Even Pikachu has an average trip duration.
What I meant was a short distance trip. My reasoning here is that if your trip animation moves further than Diddy's airspeed can take him, he won't be able to lock you back and forth. ZSS trip animation looks ALOT shorter than most of the ones I have seen, but I'm wondering is this infinite more universal than I guessed?

Anyway, camping Diddy really hard clearly wouldn't be nearly as effective as camping ICs. ICs have that little grab range, poor traction that prevents shield grabbing most things and a way to permanently remove the thread of the infinite (killing nana). Diddy has a projectile that starts an infinite.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
The thing is though, that Diddy infinite (im not sure if there are others) is set up by a down throw only, which effectively gives it similar range to the IC infinites. While ZSS has enormous range because hers works out of a forward glide toss. So you have to take all that into account

Tesh

Smash Hero
I laughed every time that metaknight tried to taunt through lasers, he only managed it once.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Idk about best Pit. >_> I saw him come back from a deficit which in itself was pretty snazzy and I see that his Pit looks a bit more refined and technical but um....well....maybe he is since I can't think of any other Pits XD

Exdeath

Smash Master
The thing is though, that Diddy infinite (im not sure if there are others) is set up by a down throw only, which effectively gives it similar range to the IC infinites. While ZSS has enormous range because hers works out of a forward glide toss. So you have to take all that into account
Except that ICs don't have a projectile that forces a tech chase or moves that lead into the infinite at Marth-range (Side-B, glide toss with a second banana, etc.). One consider this to be IC's Dowb-B, but that's very commonly SDIed by mid-level players and above (in my experience, anyway).

C.J.

Smash Master
Or, someone brought their mom to watch them play and they happen to have a younger sibling...
*shrug

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
earth is soooooo much more fun to watch than masashi and seems to sacrifice very little (if any) effectiveness for it.
He probably can just handle the ditto better. Masashi has beaten players that I just can't see Earth win against.

:059:

Top Bottom