• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

QUIVO

Smash Master
Painters gonna paint. <3

If it makes you feel better, I did it once too.

It's just that the last few pages have had at least half of the contributors voting themselves.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Im sorry sfp but that video was filled with missed followups, terrible spacing, and someone who seemed like he didn't know the match up. I mean you double dsmashed point blank on numerous occasion. That's a free punish. Or you would side b right past him. And Iono why u would double dsmash grab and do nothing when your opponent is right above you with zss ridiculous option from that position

And they're fairly safe.

Im not really feeling this barrage of self-nominated vids

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Im sorry sfp but that video was filled with missed followups, terrible spacing, and someone who seemed like he didn't know the match up. I mean you double dsmashed point blank on numerous occasion. That's a free punish. Or you would side b right past him. And Iono why u would double dsmash grab and do nothing when your opponent is right above you with zss ridiculous option from that position

And they're fairly safe.

LOL You have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, there's mis-spaced things and bad reads just like every other video and every other match. It's called making an educated guess, they don't always work out. I don't always do the "optimal" thing to punish, because it makes the optimal thing 1. stale, 2. predictable. And LOL at me not knowing the match-up.

The funny thing is PatG posted a video of him vs. gnes the other day and I bet if I went back a few pages you were ****ing all over it, when in fact he did the same dsmash follow-up I did in my vs. Peach video. It isn't always about optimizing damage done, it's about putting your opponent in bad or confusing positions. Or maybe I wanted my bair and fair fresh. And btw, Peach's dair beats ZSS' uair and the Yoshi's platform makes uair a really unsafe follow-up while Peach is floating. AND, dsmash is safe on shield.

Dark.pch knows the match-up, I outplayed him. There are a dozen videos online of him outplaying me. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfC2dwmTuAc

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

And they're fairly safe.

The definition of a mix-up is to consistently use "unsafe" options in an effort to get your opponent to react wrongly to one of them. If all you do is the safest option in any one situation, then you get left open to major hard reads, like Fox running in and usmashing under a short hop sideb.

This doesn't even factor in conditioning, which is greatly enhanced by unsafe moves. Anything is safe if they react in the absolutely wrong way.

If anything, I got a creative vibe and a feeling of SFP trying to get in Dark Peach's head with a bunch of out-of-the-box reactions and attempted reads. He might've been fishing for some moves a bit too much at times, but hey, risk/reward yadda yadda yadda.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and then you watch the rest of the set, which im quite sure involved leons marth winning at least 1 game rather convincingly.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like how the peach out-played the mario & still lost
No....

The peach played horribly during that match. It was quite painful to watch, actually.

He ran into a bunch of random fireballs, could've DIed most of those low percent strings, and was too busy being overly fancy to punish some of mario's mistakes. Who would pull out a turnip RIGHT next to the opponent? And that fair oos ... lol.

Top Bottom