• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The toughest matchups - unfinished

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I need to face a better IC main. Maybe I'm just not scared because the one IC I face just fishes for a grab and its super predictable.

:phone:
That's how i play IC :awesome: But yea, i need to see the MK matchup, the more I face RED X's MK i'm always gimped, or fair>Shuttle Loop when i'm off the stage. hell it seems like i can never R-dodge soon enough to avoid said problems.

It also sucks when they can be decent in with the naners, i feel like an idiot tripping on the naners i spawned. Anyways, the matchup would be awesome to read.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of match ups that are tough but can be beaten by having knowledge of teh match up and overall being patient and not throwing out random attacks hoping they will hit like against peach,marth,falco etc.

against these characters i think patience and not letting them abuse their best attacks and approaches is key. For one you can frustrate them and two if you dont diddy gets ***** :(

IC are annoying i feel like i have to run away teh entire time and just look for openings to go in and i agree with Ingulit id feel much safer against a luigi than an IC main.

I havent played a **** luigi but i think that Diddy just has better options overall and we should be able to win, but again i lack the experience for this MU so i wouldnt know.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Luigi's jab>up-b isn't guaranteed, you can shield it.
Thank you for saying this before I had to.

Luigi boards have an entire thread dedicated to their jab cancel shenanigans. Everyone should go, read up, and learn about this game for once in their lives.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
everyone shut up about luigi. go watch me vs adhd. that answers your question. Approach and get ***** by Luigi yes. CAMP and **** Luigi. Profit.

vato_break

Smash Master
I think diddy vs luigi is an even matchup. just camp and run away/stand behind a banana a lot, not much luigi can do about that, also i think a lot of diddys neglect the fact that luigi is pretty gimpable from an angle with the combination of bananas and diddys aerials. Just play really campy/time out if needed?

though im sorta new to using diddy so i might be wrong

Player-1

Smash Legend
Luigi can get around the recovery issue pretty easily, the most reliable thing in the Luigi MU I've found is that our fair is good for punishing their side-b when recovering, just run off fair, the only risk is if he gets a msifire and stage spikes you =/

vato_break

Smash Master
fair will beat it? i should try that then, i was thinking of going offstage and leveling yourself with lluigi and throwing a banana and if they are close fair them after their side b or if they recover low with luigi torando just dthrow the banana.

Also what stages are good vs luigi? the bigger ones im assuming?

Player-1

Smash Legend
IMO, Castle Siege is the best, may even better than FD, but definitely better than SV. I only beat biglou's luigi 2 or 3 times in a set out of like 20, but he only beat me on Siege like 2 or 3 times out of the 15 times I CPed it. PS1 is also good against him.

But yeah, 1st transformation is just kind of like any regular neutral, the big slope kind of messes with luigi's air game but not too badly. But yeah the 2nd transformation Diddy can wreck pretty hard. It has higher ceilings also. Since Luigi's trip is the longest in the game 1 banana can get him near the blast zone itself and can lead to an amazing pressure set up. Also, another big advantage is that if you hit him with a banana during the transition stage and it leads into the 1st or 3rd transformation then you can put them in a really bad spot for recovering. The 3rd transformation is like FD so you can just **** him up, it also kind of messes with his recovery

vato_break

Smash Master
how is this matchup played in general? i usually just stand behind a banana camp and run away/counter luigis approachs but, you seem to know it better me so im just wondering. theres a certain PR socal member that beat me with luigi but, it was closeish(mk banned tournament -.-) i think if i get this MU down ill win next time.

vato_break

Smash Master
link me! btw guys, im having my set vs havok uploaded and one match vs X...i kinda suck so please dont troll me too hard :p but ill post them once they are up :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah pretty much what jband said, camp with a banana in front of you and abuse usmash and fair a lot. Usmash you can DI out of though and can be punished hard with luigi but not many people do it. Luigi can do fairly well against it if they're good with bananas which makes the MU a lot harder for Diddy.

vato_break

Smash Master
would you guys say that upthrow is more useful at lower % and f/b throw is more useful at higher percents or should i just stick to the former for all my throws?

btw thanks for the advice guys

Player-1

Smash Legend
depends on the char. Uthrow is pretty good against characters with bad moves for covering their bottom. Marth, ROB, and Snake uthrow is all pretty effective on it, but I wouldn't overuse it. It works really well on platform stages also. Bthrow is my favorite for low percents, especially against space animal characters or any FFer. It'll sometimes throw them into the ground and they'll miss the tech and you can do things like banana throw>regrab>bthrow and repeat if they're still not teching/DIing. Fthrow gives the most damage and farthest knockback making it ideal for getting bananas out if you're having trouble. At 0% fthrow can combo (maybe pseudo) into dash attack that can combo into fair or maybe side-b depending on the char.

SwordofStorms

Smash Rookie
If you SDI the jab, does luigi's up-B have priority over any of diddy's moves? For instance, if you SDI the jab and then D-smash or jab anticipating the up-B rather than the grab?

Top Bottom