• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tournament with no original name #2 congrats to Gunmasterlombardi!

sammy p

Smash Lord
The Tournament with No Original name #2

Hi everyone! this would be my next shot at hosting a tournament! my third time overall. this will run just like any other ordinary tournament, but of course, there is ONE LITTLE TWIST!

Basic Overall tournament Information

Each round there will be a limited amount of characters you can pick from. you will NOT be able to use your preferred character throughout the whole tournament, but you will be tested by choosing a different character each round.

EXAMPLE:

in the first round, you can only use characters from the legend of zelda games, or the fire emblem games(meaning you can only use link, toon link, zelda, ganondorf, ike, or marth in the first round)
in round two, you can only use characters from the pokemon games, and the earthbounding games(which means you can only pick pikachu, lucario, pokemon trainer, jigglypuff, ness, or lucas for the second round)
and this goes on and on.

Basic Rules

Stock: 3
Time limit: 8 minutes
No items can be used
the rounds will be played best 2/3, but the finals will be 3/5
Meta Knights Infinite Cape Glitch is Banned
Kirbycides, bowsercides, and ganonchokes, along with any other suicide move is allowed, and the winner will be the person who dealt the move, if it comes to that.
NO stalling
and absolutely NO johns
this is a single elimination tournament

Legal Stages are as follows:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza

Counter pick stages are as follows:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Battleship Halbred
Luigi's Mansion

Additional Rules

if both parties decide the lag is too bad, and both parties agree to this, there will be a coin flip to decide the winner.

if the timer runs out before the end of a match, the person with the most stock will be the winner.
if both stock istied by the end of the match, but person with the least amount of % will be the winner.
if THAT is tied, the match will be called a tie, and will not count in that round

this will be a 16-man tourney, if it fills up fast enough, i will consider opening it to a 32 man tourney.

have fun. just like all of my other tourneys, it would be nice to win, but the major goal is that everyone has a great time and communicates with people they never have before.

people with less than 25 posts will not be permitted to enter, UNLESS they are recommended by someone, but not only will i be watching the person with less than 25 posts carefully, but the person that had the guts to recommend you into my tourney.

and the last rule is, PLEASE. if you sign up for this, GET YOUR MATCHES DONE ON TIME!
im not going to be as lenient as i have on my last tournaments. NOTHING is more embarrassing than when people do not care enough to do the matches by the time they are due. it makes ME look as if i do not know how to run a good tournament

Well, i think if have covered everything!
if you would like to sign up for this tournament, please sign up like the example below:
username/tag/friend code/character you will be using for round one.
if you make it through to the next round, i will decide what characters will be playable for that round, and i will go from there.

sammy p

Smash Lord
playable characters for round 1:
:mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2::diddy::dk2::gw: :yoshi2:

playable characters for round 2:
:kirby::dedede::link2::toonlink:(:zelda:/:shiek:):ganondorf::popo::metaknight:

playable characters for round 3:
:samus2: OR :zerosuitsamus::marth::falco::fox::wolf::sonic: :falcon::pit::ike::rob:

playable characters for the final round!:
:wario::olimar::pikachu2::squirtle::ivysaur: :charizard: :lucario::jigglypuff::ness2::lucas::snake:

sammy p

Smash Lord

1. GunmasterLombardi/Gml/2191-7311-3177/
2. Sonic Storm/Sboom/3094-1282-9792/

GET YOUR MATCHES DONE
Deadline is January 11th
:)

Aibou

Smash Master
Interesting...count me in. Can't wait until the Legend of Zelda round...assuming I make it that far of course :laugh:

Aibou/Various Tags/1720-2621-5874/:peach: For Round One

*I dedicate round one to Dinah! May he never quit Brawl!*

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I think you meant posts as opposed to votes. You may want to change that to avoid confusion.

I have a request for you, Sammyp. Please seed according to skill level. There is no reason that two good people should have to face each other in the first round. I would recommend that you use TIO for that. If you don't know who is good in the OTL, just ask around in the NNMFA for more.

With that said, consider this my entry.

thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/ :gw: :dk:

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
Prize?
WHERES THE PRIZE?

NAh im just joking lol. I never enter a tourny for the prize >.>

Anyway, sign me up :D

Paladin77/ Palad, or Pally/ 2621-2291-5503/ :diddy:

sammy p

Smash Lord
thank you all for signing up :)

for aibou: if you make it past the first round, i will DEEPLY consider a legend of zelda round for you :)

Kazoo: good call! im changing that now. also, i have never actually done a tourney like this before, but ill tr it like that this time and see how it works out. also kazoo, i would appriciate it if you only picked one person per round. do you mind choosing beteen only one of those two characters you listed for me?

paladin: hahah sorry, your right, i didnt mention if i had a prize or not :laugh: but for furture reference, none of my tournaments will have any sort of prize.

sammy p

Smash Lord
no actually, you can only use the characters i have mentioned for that round.
so you cannot use mario, luigi, Game and Watch, ect., in the next rounds. sorry!

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
thank you all for signing up :)

Kazoo: good call! im changing that now. also, i have never actually done a tourney like this before, but ill tr it like that this time and see how it works out. also kazoo, i would appriciate it if you only picked one person per round. do you mind choosing beteen only one of those two characters you listed for me?

paladin: hahah sorry, your right, i didnt mention if i had a prize or not :laugh: but for furture reference, none of my tournaments will have any sort of prize.
The pleasure's ours.

Oh, and as for my entry, it's been fixed:

thegreatkazoo/KAB or other tags/2922-8999-6173/ :gw:
Oh, and if you need help on seeding according to skill level, ask me.

Aibou

Smash Master
im ready to brawl it out! i,ll try my best! when does the tourney start sam!? ah and herdest says hiiiiiiiiiiii (uh.....yeah)
I'm not the TO, but I'm sure he would tell you to please post your information. And in the right format (see first post)

sammy p

Smash Lord
I'm not the TO, but I'm sure he would tell you to please post your information. And in the right format (see first post)
thank you :) sorry, hes actually one of my friends and hes been wanting to enter a tourney. i guess the excitement is getting to him lol
(so yea, im going to recommend him :). hope you guys dont mind)

Aibou

Smash Master
thank you :) sorry, hes actually one of my friends and hes been wanting to enter a tourney. i guess the excitement is getting to him lol
(so yea, im going to recommend him :). hope you guys dont mind)

Just trying to be helpful :laugh:

And I don't mind at all (though that's just one opinion. If you say he's legit, then he's legit. Welcome to the OTL derio :chuckle:

sammy p

Smash Lord
Did you...read the first post? There is a character restriction for each round...
haha i just lefthim a VM. hopefully he willrespond. i dont feel its right to give him a spot if he didnt follow the rules and it shows.
if more people sign up then i will add them before i add him

tsilver33

Smash Ace
tsilver33/Silvr/4167-4172-3294/:yoshi2:

Ok, this sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe I missed it in the OP (I did read it mind you.), but is this single or double elimination?

sammy p

Smash Lord
im sorry, i keep forgetting to put that. this IS a single elimination tourney :) thanks for joining and bringing that up tsilver

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Ah, no problem. That works for me. Just wondering. : D

Edit: BTW, don't forget to update the Title any time you get another participant.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
opps sorry lol i forgot to the read the rules lol.

Ill pick yoshi then for round 1

Aibou

Smash Master
Considering how fast this tourney is filling up, would we be waiting for 32 contestants, or will we just begin when we reach 16?

sammy p

Smash Lord
Considering how fast this tourney is filling up, would we be waiting for 32 contestants, or will we just begin when we reach 16?
honestly, i dont know. i dont think we will be able to get in 32 contestants. i think we wil just start when we get to 16. ill have a waiting list for people who signed up just a little too late

Aibou

Smash Master
honestly, i dont know. i dont think we will be able to get in 32 contestants. i think we wil just start when we get to 16. ill have a waiting list for people who signed up just a little too late
Alright then. Only...I'm hoping there won't be a "Kirby" series round in this tourney...

Top Bottom