• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Grab Release Thread!

WITH

Smash Apprentice
Awesome thread, but BOO INFINITES. I didn't like them when it was DDD on Bowser and I don't like them when it's Bowser on others. I can definately see chaingrabbing to the edge then tilting for KO being useful though.

MrEh

Smash Hero
UPDATES!!!!

-Jump release Fair, Klaw and Fire Breath works on DK!
-Chaingrabs added for Diddy and Zelda!
-Jump Release Chaingrabs added for Ganondorf and Falco!
-Deathgrabs added for META KNIGHT and FALCO!!!!!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Those deathgrabs sound pretty fun. Not super useful but seeing the faces of MK and falco players after it must be pretty funny :laugh:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
UPDATES!!!!

-Jump release Fair, Klaw and Fire Breath works on DK!
-Chaingrabs added for Diddy and Zelda!
-Jump Release Chaingrabs added for Ganondorf and Falco!
-Deathgrabs added for META KNIGHT and FALCO!!!!!!!
Jump release neutral b doesnt work on any characters, lol. also the idea of merging threads sounds ok, but no offense, I have like, so much more information, thats what happens when u do 10 hours of testing from scratch :D

MrEh

Smash Hero
Jump release neutral b doesnt work on any characters, lol.
I know it doesn't combo, it's just difficult to get out of.

also the idea of merging threads sounds ok
Having all this information in one organized place helps people a lot.

but no offense, I have like, so much more information
None taken. I don't have as much time as of late to test all these things, so it's good that there's someone else testing this.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I hope they make this one "sticky" ! :)

I like it better than the other one even though you missed the arieals.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, how does this go unnoticed for so long. Is bowser that unpopular?

Also, is the infinite on Olimar completely unavoidable?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
one more reason to "not get grabbed". is there a way you can ensure a jump grab or a grounded grab? If not then how does your opponent decide if it is grounded or jumped?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Amazing? Not really. Good grab options doesn't necesarrily mean having a good grab game. Bowser has problems to approach a lot of opponents...

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Looks like I have a whole new game to develop. I knew this existed when I tried it on Lucas a while ago, but I never really thought about it or expanded on it. This thread gives me new ideas and I thank the TC for it.

Time to do some 'splorin!

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Awesome to know about this, everyone loves grab release shennanigans, even better to know that us yoshis are pretty much the only ones who don't have to worry about it much XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*sigh*

You still don't know yet, just how much use Bowser can make of this stuff!!111oneoneone

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm pretty sure D-tilt can be shielded by every character. test it out and see.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The point is I put alot of time into bowser's grab release game, and I'm still testing things out.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying you're lazy, far from it, but what I said only applies to the bowser players that posted here since june. It took 3 months for someone to finally step up.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i tried this but it didnt work. the opponent just like...idk but not chaingrab. i grab + pummel few times till they release. then grab. no profit. am i doing something wrong? :((((((

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i tried this but it didnt work. the opponent just like...idk but not chaingrab. i grab + pummel few times till they release. then grab. no profit. am i doing something wrong? :((((((

Thats the point, Grab jabs, they ground escape, regrab, do more grab jabs, depending on the opponent if they air escape you can follow with a fair.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
^That's an awesome sig........:laugh:

And I'm still finding it hard to get the timings down and remembering what I can do on each character. XD Then again I'm learning them by trial and error in friendlies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm glad you guys have actually tried to learn this instead of just writing it off like Overswarm(Which made everyone else write it off) in the thread I made in Tactical Discussion, 3 months back.

GOOD STUFF

PS: Bowser can do this in MELEE also! It's easier to escape though. LOL

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Im confused.

Jab
Bowser can jab Ness right out of a grab release. This will work 100% of the time.

Ftilt
The Ftilt works! As long as you can pull it off fast enough, Bowser should be able to punch Ness before he can recover.

Dtilt
Bowser's awesome Dtilt works too!

The Klaw
The Klaw works! Use it for damage, KOing, or even a Bowsercide attempt!

THE EFFING BOWSER BOMB!!!!!!
Poor Ness. He's cursed with the same stun that Lucas has. That pretty much means that you can do almost anything to him after a grab release, even a Bowser Bomb. Go forth and abuse it!

CHAINGRAB!!!!!!
Yes, Bowser can changrab Ness. Once again, we have Ness's huge amounts of grab release stun to thank for that. In order to do it, all you have to do is grab Ness, pummel him until he breaks out, then use your dashing grab to grab him again. Of course, if Ness does a jump break, then the chaingrab will end.

Link

Jab
Bowser can jab Link right out of a grab release. This will work 100% of the time.

Ftilt
The Ftilt works! As long as you can pull it off fast enough, Bowser should be able to punch Link before he can recover.

Dtilt
Bowser's awesome Dtilt works too!

The Klaw
The Klaw works! Use it for damage, KOing, or even a Bowsercide attempt!

THE EFFING BOWSER BOMB!!!!!!
Yup, Bowser can use the Bowser Bomb on Link as well! As long as you can use the Bomb immediately after the grab release, it should work. The timing isn't all that difficult either.

CHAINGRAB!!!!!!
Another chaingrab for Bowser! When Link breaks out, use your dashing grab to grab him again. The timing is pretty easy.

Ness and Link have near identical chain grab problems. Yet you said ''poor Ness''
and not ''poor link'' Does Ness have it worse than Link?

You even said that Ness can jump break to escape the CG, while Link cannot. So is Link really worse off than Ness or am I...

Top Bottom