• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Link Color WiFi Tournament *Results Posted*

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Have you ever wanted to know which color of Link is actually the best?

Well, now you can!

The Ultimate Link Color WiFi Tournament!

Geddit?

Can I Enter?

If you main co-main, or secondary Link in Brawl, we'd love to have you. You also need to have an account on this site; this will make the tournament run much more smoothly. Post here with your name, color, Brawl Friend Code and general location (e.g. Washington, France, etc.)

You may only sign up for yourself.
If you are a TL main, you have my sympathy. However, you can't enter this tourney unless you also specifically co-main or secondary Link. Unless you're Bomber.

The Schedule

Tournament Part A: Intra-color Tourney: Who's the best ____ Link? Friday, May 10th - Sunday, May 19th*

Tournament Part B: Ultimate Color Tournament Tuesday, May 21st - Saturday, June 1st*

The Format
Pools: Intra-color Tourney
The Intra-color Tourney will be the tournament to see who will represent your particular color of Link. As we want to get to Part B: The Ultimate Color Tournament respectably soon, the format for the Intra-color Tourney will be double elimination**. I will put you and your competitors into brackets, playing best-of-three sets. For those courageous enough to make it to the finals, it will be a best-of-five set; it will be up to you to prove that you are worthy to represent ___ color of Link!

Rounds: Ultimate Color Tournament
The winners of the individual Intra-color Tourneys will move on to the Ultimate Color Tournament. The Ultimate Color Tournament will be round robin format, with each color playing every other color in a best-of-five round.

Victory will be given to the Link with the overall highest number of wins over the other colors. A best-of-five set will be used to break any ties.

*Subject to change depending on number of entrants
**Subject to change

So, the only question remaining is...​

Which Link will you represent?
THE LINKS

Hero's Clothes Link (Green) Twilight Princess
--FastBlade5035
( Texas, 1119-6548-5329)
--Rizen
(Colorado, 5286-9767-5506)

Zora Tunic Link (Blue) Ocarina of Time
--Lord Xav1er
(Rhode Island, 4811-6623-2036)

Red Mail Link (Red) A Link to the Past
--Anonano
(Utah, 4253-3292-0117)

Magic Armor Link (Gold) Twilight Princess
-KotierWolf
(California, 3868-0902-1717)

Fierce Diety Link (White)Majora's Mask
--Bomber7
(Louisiana, 1977-0448-7528)
--HeeroYuy
(East Coast?, 1418-9506-6973)

Dark Magician Link (Dark Link) Twilight Princess (from the Lanayru cutscene)
-ZSS56
(United Kingdom, 1291-4517-9978)

Good luck to everyone who enters, and may the best Link win!​

Questions?
Start a Conversation with me or post here :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sign me up for the Fierce Deity Link Majoras Mask.

Bomber7
(Louisiana 1977-0448-7528)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Reporting Matches
Send your results to me in a Conversation and include your opponent's name, the winner, and the score (3-1, 3-0, etc). If your opponent fails to respond to your requests for matches by the final 12 hours of the deadline, let me know. If I do not receive results from either player by the deadline, neither player will advance (Intracolor Tourney) or both will tie (Ultimate Link Color Tourney). The spirit of the law is to get your matches done in a timely manner, so I'll only apply the deadline rules if I need to push the tournament forwards.

Rules *IMPORTANT CHANGE*
Apex Ruleset:
-Best of Five sets.
-3 stock, 8 minute timer
-If timer runs out, ignore sudden death. Winner is decided first by number of stocks remaining, and if stocks are tied then by who has the lowest percentage.
If both stocks and percent are tied at the end of the game, play a Sudden Death, one-stock match to determine the victor.
-Stalling is banned
-All infinites must end past 150% (Yes Links, I know this will be a hard rule to obey but just try anyways, I won't judge you if you can't obey it)
-Items set to off and none.
-Leaving mid-game will result in a stock lost for the offender. Leaving in-between matches is acceptable.
-If a disconnect occurs, restart the match on the same stage, with the same amount of stocks as you ended. If the players cannot agree on number of stocks, a complete reset of the match should be played.
Abusing this disconnects will result in a loss for the entire set.
-If hosting is in dispute (due to concerns over port priority), the person listed first in the bracket will host.
-You must use your color of Link. Players may use a different color in the intra-color tourney.

Stage List
Apex list:

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

*Gentleman's Clause: Players may play on any stage if they both consent.

*Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick to a stage you have already won on in a set (superseded by Gentleman's Clause)

Replays: Send your replays to me so we can remember this tournament! I will record whatever replays you send and place them online. Let me know via a conversation the players and their colors in when you send me a match.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Such a sexy looking thread. You could probably get a lot of new players if you publicized this at the Wifi Area on Smashboards, Posting this on BFC, and AiB wifi area.

ZSS56

Smash Rookie
Hi there I am zero suit samus on aib and I wanted to look at this tournment with link it (cool char a bit slower then toon link^^ but he is ok)

You can call me Sam I guess ok here mys stuff
Link colour = dark link ofc I like his dark look^^
Code = 1291-4517-9978
Location = uk remeber us uk'ers are 5 hours before your time so if we gonna do any tournments I need a good time to play :awesome:

I hope Iam in it and so some training with link^^

KotierWolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
KotierWolf
3DS FC
0404-8218-2413
I'll join.

Name: KotierWolf
Color: Magic Armor Link (Gold)
FC: 3868-0902-1717

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Come on Links! Why no Green love? It's the Hero's Tunic for crying out loud!
:link:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
In all honesty, even though Oracle of Seasons is my favorite game and it has Link with his green tunic, Majora's Mask had a much greater impact on me as a LoZ player.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Reminder that tonight is the last one for anybody interested in joining in for this tournament.
If no one else applies, we will start out with Part B of the tournament on Friday--I'll post match-ups tomorrow.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going to do my best to play as many games as possible. I do have exams next week so I might not be as available as I'd like. Just as a fair warning.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Had I no exams coming up these next few weeks with my Ivory Link, I would beg to participate. But nooooooo... I have four more of them to go. :(

P.S. I would be demolished in an instant since I haven't played Brawl in a while let alone use Link.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Don't john Heero.

The tournament will run over the next two or three weeks at least so everyone has time to play their matches. Sign up anyway >:O

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Alright everyone, it is time to begin this tournament!

Turn your attention to this link here: :linkmelee:

This is the tournament bracket we'll be using. You'll notice that there are two question marks there: that's for the two colors who's representative have not yet been determined. But we're going to start the whole tournament anyways!

The schedule and matches:

Thursday, May 9 -- Sunday, May 12:
TO DETERMINE WHITE LINK:
Bomber7 vs HeeroYuy

TO DETERMINE GREEN LINK:
FastBlade5305 vs Rizen

You might be wondering how we're going to be able to start the entire tournament when we have two undecided contestants.
We're going to start with Round 3 of the bracket. (We'll then proceed to Round 4, 5... and finish with Round 2).
FastBlade, Rizen, Bomber, and HeeroYuy: The deadline for your posting your results is Sunday night.

Beginning with Round 3:
Thursday, May 9 -- Thursday, May 16th
Lord Xav1er vs Anonano
??? vs ???
ZSS56 vs KotierWolf
If you are currently the only representative of your color, you're free to start your first match immediately. Representatives for White and Green need to be decided by the night of the 12th, and then you have four additional days to complete your first match vs each other :)

Note changes to the rules in post #3. You should be aware of the rules. If you have concerns with any of them, post in this thread to let me know.
--Green and White Links: Complete your matches and submit your results as early as possible. As soon as both the green and white representatives have been updated on the bracket, you may begin your official tournament match.
--Everyone: Check the bracket frequently. Submit your results as soon as you have finished your set. Matches versus your opponent in the next round may begin when results for both of you have been posted in the current round. (I will likely update multiple times a day) This is valid even if the next round has not officially started yet.
--I will post my Wii Friend Code by tonight for you to submit replays to.
--The bracket website: http://challonge.com/swflinkcolortourney
--Live chat website: http://xat.com/BrawlersofHyrule

Good luck and have fun!

ZSS56

Smash Rookie
Could you send a message when it starts if Iam on, if Iam not online then I won't be able to join this one or a team link brawl'z
cu later

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Oh boy. Me and Bomber just happen to be both packed with exams. I suppose I'll squeeze in a little time over the weekend.

What to do w/ me 15-minute break... Lets practice Link! :p

ZSS56

Smash Rookie
Name: KotierWolf I got you in my fl now so just need me now, do we ever know the rules? Stock Time?

Is it normal ladder rules ect?

PS if you see me in teams thats not me lol it's my brother but I tell him to get off it when we duel :)
it's tommorw right?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rules *IMPORTANT CHANGE*
Apex Ruleset:
-Best of Five sets.
To be clear, it's best of 5 games = a set, right? So the winner needs to win 3 games, not 3 sets?

I think I allowed conversations now. Dumb new site format :/

BTW I'm in CO, UTC-7 (MST) http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Edit
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
Apex stages

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

I'd like to add Brin and RC to the CPs if everyone's okay with that.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
To be clear, it's best of 5 games = a set, right? So the winner needs to win 3 games, not 3 sets?
No, I'm 100% sure I meant best of five sets.
j/k

"Best of five" is a modifier to "sets", meaning that each set is "best of five."
So yes, you have to win one set that is a best of five.

I think I allowed conversations now. Dumb new site format :/
Okay, I'll try to invite you into the conversation.
Edit
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
Apex stages

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

I'd like to add Brin and RC to the CPs if everyone's okay with that.
Thanks for throwing in the stages list, I forgot to include that. But now I'll always be able to remember if I want to do another tournament-type thing in the future :D I'm going to add this list to the rules post.

*Note: You can't CP to a stage you've already won on in the set. Unless you're opponent is gentlemanly and agrees to. *cough*gentleman's rule*cough*

If the majority of players want those two stages in the tournament, then yes, we can add it in. I vote no on both though.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So I have to play against Rizen, correct?

Great.
I know what I'm doing for the next 5 hours... crying in the corner PRACTICING!
The Clawshot better not be a jerk to me this time..

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can play now if you're ready FB. If not I'll do something and get on later tonight.
;)

I'm on Xat, if it works. Give me the heads up if you want to wait so I can head out.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Sorry, can't today. However, I promise I will be tommorow at roughly this time.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh boy. Me and Bomber just happen to be both packed with exams. I suppose I'll squeeze in a little time over the weekend.

What to do w/ me 15-minute break... Lets practice Link! :p
Hey, which is better for you? Friday or Saturday night? Since it's wifi, I really don't plan on practicing since practicing for wifi is impossible.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@FastBlade, I can play in the next few hours. Leave a message here when you can play.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
OK, cool. I'll be ready in... Maybe an hour or less?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh okay, gg. Weird lag spikes :/
SD if you don't like the stage and we'll retry until we find one you like.

Edit GGs :)
I'll play friendlies if you want.

@Ano I won 3-0

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
THAT BOMB!!!!!!
Ugh. Sure, I'll play some friendlies

Top Bottom