• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So yeah, I'm picking up Samus.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Glyph.

Anyone willing to show some trixies on wifi sometime?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So yeah, I'm picking up Samus.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Glyph.

Anyone willing to show some trixies on wifi sometime?
You scum. I hate the OTL guys. I think of repping Meta, then Barge goes and does it. I pick up the cool ****, then you do it. I can't win, I should stick to Lucario.
Don't worry Glyph, I love you really.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Cuz there's a rule against more than one person using a character =P

Hive

Smash Lord
hmm... here are some results from my last 4 tournies... :p

17th of 79 in singles CGCV, CA, 1/25/2009
9th of 29 in doubles CGCV, CA, 1/25/2009
17th of 35 in singles Why Read When you can smash? 4, CA, 1/10/2009
33rd of 179 in singles West Coast Smash League, CA 12/20/2008
17th of 50 in singles CGCIV, CA 12/06/2008

Ravin

Smash Lord
Go Hive.

Been taking a break from brawl. Actually repicked up Melee with Mewtwo/Link/Samus. Also rockband is too good.

Hive

Smash Lord
ooo I've actually been messing around with melee a bit too ^^
I've been trying Pichu and samus lol. :p Yea, and I totally suck at it lol... takes me like 10 minutes to stop zairing :p

Ravin

Smash Lord
Lol.

I did that once, and i was like... Ooh..Right.. -Facepalm nub-

Dont get me wrong, Melee is a great game, but if your not Wding or using explotes... It feels like your wearing concrete shoes.

Hive

Smash Lord
here is a thread awhile ago that I thoughts would be useful to bring up since it details dtilit ko percentages.... good stuff to keep in mind while playing.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174327&highlight=percentages

some common things I remember, dsmash I think kos 20% greater than dtilit usually... except for squirtle who has fire immunities and actually gets ko'd much sooner by dsmash than dtilt... I think proper ding allows you to survive 10-20% more than usually than the minimum damage...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
here is a thread awhile ago that I thoughts would be useful to bring up since it details dtilit ko percentages.... good stuff to keep in mind while playing.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174327&highlight=percentages

some common things I remember, dsmash I think kos 20% greater than dtilit usually... except for squirtle who has fire immunities and actually gets ko'd much sooner by dsmash than dtilt... I think proper ding allows you to survive 10-20% more than usually than the minimum damage...
and it also should be noted that levels such as Green Greens and Corneria require the % to be abit low for you to kill. While japes requires a bit higher %.

i updated the front page with hive's and xyro's tourney results. Also, a new combo vid called "outer shell"

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That's handy, sadly it isn't completed and prolly won't be anytime soon.
oh well still loks ike it could be good :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
That's handy, sadly it isn't completed and prolly won't be anytime soon.
oh well still loks ike it could be good :)
Brawl is only a year old. more things will be learned(i hope) and of course there will be more results and more people to add to the player finder. and more combo vids too.....

Hive

Smash Lord
and it also should be noted that levels such as Green Greens and Corneria require the % to be abit low for you to kill. While japes requires a bit higher %.

i updated the front page with hive's and xyro's tourney results. Also, a new combo vid called "outer shell"
kwl kwl, who's outer shell from?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You guys do know you can triple smash missile right.
Please show us this triple Super Missile you speak of. Is it performing a short hop, then a Super Missile and Super Missile, and then short hopping again with another Super Missile?

Hive

Smash Lord
Please show us this triple Super Missile you speak of. Is it performing a short hop, then a Super Missile and Super Missile, and then short hopping again with another Super Missile?
if you footstool someone fully you can get three missiles off too ^^ (its absolutely worthless btw :) )

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
I posted this a while back but you didnt care much for it. Its just simply pressing the buttens fast enough, you just full hop, missile, 2nd jump, missile, and missile as your coming down nothing else no head jumping required.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I posted this a while back but you didnt care much for it. Its just simply pressing the buttens fast enough, you just full hop, missile, 2nd jump, missile, and missile as your coming down nothing else no head jumping required.
This seems highly unlikely considering the time needed for the super missle but I'm going to go try it out anyway.

EDIT: yeah the only way I can do it is full jump Super missle land then do two jumps and do the 2 super missles :\

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Correction: You suggested I make a replay of it and have it uploaded for the Samus boards. Unless you're talking about a different time, which I would not be aware of. I didn't care for it, because it goes horizontally and the trajectory never alters like the Homing Missiles. From the way you describe it, it seems practically useless.

Hive

Smash Lord
i still don't think this would be effective as just using three homing missiles or two homing missiles and a super missile though... it seems like a waste that two of the super missiles have high trajectories.... but its good to have options of course ^^

as for the footstool thing, ^^ I wasn't saying that's what you meant :) I just meant to add in that if you footstool a grounded enemy and take full advantage of the jump you could put in three homing missiles before you landed (without having to jump)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Even though it's useless it doesn't even work. there's no way you can fire off three Super missles with only 2 jumps you waste all your altitude on the first super missle, so it would be firing two super missles in 1 jump. if you can do that then you can fire three, anyway Vids or it doesn't work, and the only uses it has are to jsut have fun with an opponent that's been knocked off the stage. just fire super missles at them and hope you hit them :) other than that I don't see it's uses

Hive

Smash Lord
Super Missiles only fly horizontally. There aren't any trajectories. :/
semantically irrelevant distinction... its a horizontal trajectory technically, but still either way you knew what i meant :/

<phew> i just got done trying the 3 super missile thing in training. ^^ I did a lot of tries, but I can't seem to get all 3 in no matter what my spacing is :p there were a few times i thought i got close though... but really even if there is a way, you'd have to be like frame perfect to pull it off.... i can't see anyone actually mastering this.... @.@ or it being useful enough to actually use a lot in a matchup.... i'd love to see a vid though if you have one of you doing it though ^^ that's hard stuff, i'd be pretty impressed! :D

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Trajectory is simply the path an object follows over time... which means I use the term incorrectly all the time when describing how to DI properly. I normally say "hold left stick perpendicular to your trajectory" but technically there is no trajectory yet. You hold the stick perpendicular to the angle of the force being applied to your character. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL eh...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
There is no point in me lying to you, i have done it. I'm not saying its useful, but i was reading the "AT's" and there was something about tripile homing missile, but nothing about triple smash missile. I'll upload a video later.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Trajectory is simply the path an object follows over time... which means I use the term incorrectly all the time when describing how to DI properly. I normally say "hold left stick perpendicular to your trajectory" but technically there is no trajectory yet. You hold the stick perpendicular to the angle of the force being applied to your character. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL eh...
My bad. I guess I've been using "alter" and "trajectory" together so much when speaking about Palutena's Arrow, that I didn't make a distinction between the two words. :ohwell:

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Yes but at the time to DI hasn't he force already been applied to supply your character's body with an initial velocity? In that case you would not be holding the stick perpendicular to the angle of force being applied, because the application of force is over. By then, wouldn't you be holding your stick parallel to the direction of the most desirable component of acceleration to your velocity?! :urg::psycho::urg:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For DI, you technically are supposed to either do it right when you get hit, or right before you get hit. Either way, you DI the way perpendicular to the normal path that the attack normally sends you.

Uploading vid of me triple missiling, it will be up shortly.
Edit: For some reason the video is erroring. This sucks >_<

Hive

Smash Lord
Uploading vid of me triple missiling, it will be up shortly.
Edit: For some reason the video is erroring. This sucks >_<
oh suuureee, its just magically "erroring" for some reason ;) lies! your hiding us from the truth! lol

i do really want to see how you pull off three though ^^ pretty hardcore, that's so hard to time!

Hive

Smash Lord
lol sakurai entered a fake triple super missile to get our hopes up and then shatter them again... he hates samus that much lol

Top Bottom