• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Minty

Smash Apprentice
*cough* lets form some Illinois Crew that Rockz0r the other Crews

slomo431

Smash Ace
You mean like the Champs of Paign? Legend has it they've never been defeated in all the two times they've played.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Alright so the consensus seems to lean towards not really having a tournament, but liking the idea of a lock-in. So for now I will start working out the logistics for a lock-in at The Cave for the Saturday that Brawl comes out. And you guys can do whatever you want either friendly it up and unlock stuff or if we want to have a tourney we can. Who knows I, CrappyDonkey, might even get in on some of the action. I can't be any worse at this then I am at Melee. And I'll hit you guys just at the beginning of the learning curve so I might be able to take a match or two. :laugh:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Alright so the consensus seems to lean towards not really having a tournament, but liking the idea of a lock-in. So for now I will start working out the logistics for a lock-in at The Cave for the Saturday that Brawl comes out. And you guys can do whatever you want either friendly it up and unlock stuff or if we want to have a tourney we can. Who knows I, CrappyDonkey, might even get in on some of the action. I can't be any worse at this then I am at Melee. And I'll hit you guys just at the beginning of the learning curve so I might be able to take a match or two. :laugh:
Splendid. ;)

Zjiin

Smash Master
#1. You should totally play. Start fresh like everyone else. I would even bet you could beat Eddie in a $1 money match.

#2. If everyone is gonna pay 20 bucks for a lock-in, we might as well have a tournament after a few hours of testing and junk. Otherwise people will think they paid 20 each for pizza and pop, which wouldn't be the case, but that's what it would seem.

#3. I rock everyone's socks.

#4. Do you guys take reservations for brawl?

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
#1. You should totally play. Start fresh like everyone else. I would even bet you could beat Eddie in a $1 money match.
I am thinking I will join in the brawltastic action, I don't know if I would go as far as saying that I could beat Eddie, you haven't seen how bad I am at Melee.

#2. If everyone is gonna pay 20 bucks for a lock-in, we might as well have a tournament after a few hours of testing and junk. Otherwise people will think they paid 20 each for pizza and pop, which wouldn't be the case, but that's what it would seem.
Well if we do have the lock-in the $20 covers the pizza and the cost to pay the person to work all night and other misc expsenses of which i will not bore you all with. If I get enough people that are down for it I can get Bawls to sponsor the event and get some Bawls gear and stuff to giveaway for prizes. Plus I can try and work something for tourney prizes. But if we want to do a cash tourney to we can work something out. You all know I am very easy going.

#3. I rock everyone's socks.
We'll do a little poll next tourney and see if this is true

#4. Do you guys take reservations for brawl?

I am working on getting a supplier for the game, as of right now no, but this could change very soon. I will keep you guys posted.

Zjiin

Smash Master
We'll do a little poll next tourney and see if this is true
It would be a good idea to get everyone's opinion of me, but everyone is so intimidated by my trrix that they wouldn't oppose me even if they wanted to.

Take Brightside for example. I took his controller and threw it in the trash, and he just nervously smiled and whimpered, "I'm sorry if i did something to make you upset." Then i proceeded to tell him that his smash skill level was sub-par and so on, and so on.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It would be a good idea to get everyone's opinion of me, but everyone is so intimidated by my trrix that they wouldn't oppose me even if they wanted to.

Take Brightside for example. I took his controller and threw it in the trash, and he just nervously smiled and whimpered, "I'm sorry if i did something to make you upset." Then i proceeded to tell him that his smash skill level was sub-par and so on, and so on.
O_o

Remind me to never cross you playing Smash in a dark alley somewhere...

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I used to hold some smashfests with mslano, kels88, and mario master. Maybe I should start those up again. Give me a call if you want to play sometime.

562-774-6412
Maybe you should.

On another note, I don't have class on Thursdays, so if anyone would like to Smash on some random Thursdays, I'm down. Just PM me or IM or email or call me: 205 807 4158.

Also, I don't know where everybody else actually is within the city (or how to distinguish their locations). I live near UIC campus, just South of Harrison St and West of Racine St. If anyone near there wants to play, that would be great since it would be easy to arrange.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I used to hold some smashfests with mslano, kels88, and mario master. Maybe I should start those up again. Give me a call if you want to play sometime.

562-774-6412
That'd be pretty cool.

I've talked to mario-master, but we didn't really arrange any time to smash.

Chicago is like.. a 40 minute train ride from where I am, and if I had the cash I'd go more often.

But yeah, if there were smashfests goin' on then I'd most likely be there at some point.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
SMASH FEST AT MY HOUSE lol

just kidding my house is small enough to fit up to like 5 peeps

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Zjiin your terrible. I dont have to say anything besides that.

Mars-

Smash Champion
CrappyKong, you know what would be nice? If I could reserve a Wii and Brawl through the cave so I can just start playing it when I get it.

Zicore

Smash Champion
hey is any other Illinois People comeing to the Midwest Circuit Event in Wisconsin? If so, PM if you need housing!

EVERYONE COME! THIS IS GONNA BE HUGE!

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Lol, so you are going to be having reservation copies availible?
Still don't know, we are trying to figure out if our distributor can guarantee them here the day before release, I don't want to get a bunch of reservations and then not be able to provide. I'll let you guys know when I know for sure.

WHOA. I just figured it out.

CrappyDonkey = Bad A$$
So far you are the only person that has put that together. I'm proud of you Zjiin:chuckle:

Top Bottom