• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Un-Nerf Kirby Thread!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby can copy and he has the best metor smash in the game, even Meta Knight can't survive that. Don't forget the Kirby combo and Kamikaze strategies.

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
They have to buff Kirby. Kirby was my favorite charater in ssb64, but I don't usally play him in melee because he is just horrible. And Sakurai made Kirby, he can't just let his creation be horrible again. But Kirby's air hammer seems a lot better because it is a horizontal strike and it does damage. So there is hope for Kirby, I hope Kirby will become one of my mains again.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that I see Kirby having better than Metaknight is power. Although I see that kirby has gone through many improvements. His attacks are alot faster and more powerful than before and he has alot better air control, but so does everyone else... Maybe he will be faster in the air than Meta or have better air control.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
O_O my old kirby thread is alive??? lol.. this is the iron peach, that's my ancient account... I'll probably update this thread now that it's alive :)

Anyway, glad to see some other people who want to main kirby :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That would be a question probably best answered by T!mmy seeing as he did go to the event thingy, and played as Metaknight, so he could probably compare best. But yea Kirby should have some things over Meta Knight.
I would have to say that Kirby will be very similar to Meta Knight because it felt like I was playing as Kirby in the demo (albeit a masked, caped Kirby with a sword). Unless they totally revamp all of Kirby's moves, the two will be pseudo-clones (like Mario/Luigi). There was enough of a change on Meta Knight's Special Attacks that that's where the real difference will lie.

I can't see Kirby being stronger than Meta Knight. If anything, he'll probably be weaker, but they'll probably give him something to help out (improving the hammer, tweaking Kirbycides, etc). I'm pretty sure Kirby will be harder to KO in Brawl, be better at comboing, and will be relatively faster on the ground than in Melee.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
when i was like 6 i played ssb64, and i played as kirby,and i pwned @$$.... but like wen i got my gamecuble/melee bundle for gamecube i played melee... I played as kirby, i sucked @$$....

UN-NERF KIRBY FTW!!!!

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I agree with t!mmy.. meta seemed similar to kirby but with a longer range..and stronger attacks (sword).. I don't use kirby but I still agree that he needs to be improved for brawl...

Also at e for all there was a video showing the sse battle with kirby and mario...and kirby was holding his own..and if you don't know by now mario has been emrpoved so far....

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don't care how it gets done, even if it meant making Kirby unbalancingly tier 1, Kirby needs to be un-nerfed.

Yin

Smash Rookie
heh, perhaps the delay is to make Kirby a good character to fight with. Perhaps assist trophies will be suckable :-D.

thrak

Smash Cadet
interesting point... maybe the original video for the game was more revealing than it seemed...:chuckle:
realize that when all the characters "morphed" into their brawl costumes, kirby did not.

...perhaps a hint at the suckiness of all things small pink and round?:ohwell:

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Kirby did change. he got more depth and became a little darker.

anyway, i doubt that will be any indicator of his skill ingame...

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
theres one thing we're forgetting, kirbys final cutter. it should have more horizontal movement on land and air like he had in 64. they compltetely messed it up in melee. and all parts of it should hit. and he shouldn't lose all his jumps if he gets hit after he unleashes it. same goes for his up, back, and forward throws. they have a lot of work to do with kirby. they need to get it right!

SSBB_fan_1

Smash Rookie
Kirby was my main character in melee and will be tied with meta knight in Brawl.
he could use a few improvements (like not having to say that 1 second "Hi" when he gets out of a costume, 'cause it just gives the enemy 1 second to do a quick smash attack) but every one needs an improvement on something.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
i really dont think Kirby needs to be smaller, just a little heavier, as he seems to be in the vids. All that needs to happen is make his attacks lagg less to allow for more attacks in a shorter period of time, and chains being able to be pulled off. His d-air seems to have MUCH less lagg in the vids, and comes out a lot faster, so i dont think we need to worry about that as much.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if it's been said, but the hitboxes on final cutter seriously needs to be fixed. It really annoys me when the sword only "hits them visually". Maybe speed it up a bit too. And don't make Kirby lose all his jumps if he's interrupted using it.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I'd like this cutter to have a bit more power, though it doesn't have to be the super kill it was back in the day. I wish they'd change his dash attack too. Hope he gets the buff he deserves.

shinzou

Smash Cadet
watch it... lets not get off topic :p

anyways, I agree that kirby needs to be buffed.... I'm sick and tired of people calling kirby a weakling... and i'm tired of people going "Get the little pink weakling!!" when i play!! Kirby NEEDS to make a come back!!

DarkDeoxys26

Smash Apprentice
IMO, Kirby doesn't need to be buffed. Iono, I never believed in the tier list nor wwhat other people said about Kirby. I liked having a challenge when using a character. What's so special about a Kirby player if it's just as easy using Fox?

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
IMO, Kirby doesn't need to be buffed. Iono, I never believed in the tier list nor wwhat other people said about Kirby. I liked having a challenge when using a character. What's so special about a Kirby player if it's just as easy using Fox?
Well, he was nerfed in Melee, where other characters were buffed, so it only makes sense that he get buffed to an equal level, right?

ron561

Smash Journeyman
It's not about the challenge.It's the fact kirby made a huge transition on melee and he really sucked.I'm a good smash player and the first character i choose was Kirby.Everything about him sucked.He's small,light,and slow.Very slow.His moves sucked(hammer,fireball dash).I don't know what challenge your getting out of using kirby.You must have not mained kirby in the 64 version.You'd see why were upset if you had kirby as your main in 64 and planed on maining him in melee.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
kirby has some changes. just not his looks compared to melee. like his dash attack is like the dash attack he does with the yoyo ability in kirby super star. yea...breakdancing. i think one of his air attack has changed too. im not talking about his hammer attack where he swings it twice horizontally (which i hope is not considered a third jump). i was watching a video and he did some wierd spinning attack. then he spreaded his legs out foward and back. i wonder what it could have been.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A new move, eh? Any idea where you saw it?
Then again, whatever they do to Kirby... can only be an improvement. As harsh as it sounds, I don't think it's technically possible to make him worse than he already is.

That said...
Anyone here follow the "What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?" thread? Some people seem to think Kirby's the best fighter in the game because he can steal other characters' abilities...
Maybe they think that he literally steals their ability, making them unable to use it?
Maybe that's the big change they gave him in Brawl!
Would that even be feasible?
It seems really unlikely, but the idea is interesting...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Fair less start up time
Uair less start up time
All of his b moves less start up time in the air or ground.
finally his attacks need more knock back. then he would be a bit better.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Fair less start up time
Uair less start up time
All of his b moves less start up time in the air or ground.
finally his attacks need more knock back. then he would be a bit better.
he really does need more knockback to his smash attacks. in melee it took longer to kill people because he didnt hit them far except at higher percentages

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Kirby was my main character in melee and will be tied with meta knight in Brawl.
he could use a few improvements (like not having to say that 1 second "Hi" when he gets out of a costume, 'cause it just gives the enemy 1 second to do a quick smash attack) but every one needs an improvement on something.
I agree Kirby wasn't my main, but he was another of my favorites. But his taunt was annoying when you got ride of the costumes. But he looks like a promising character so far. I can't wait to see his new "hats" :D

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Yea they kind of messed up kirby. I practised for like a week trying to KO strong computers with him and i did but when i played the original super smash bros, I was shocked that kirby used to be so good. They really should make kirby as god as he used to be.

iron blade

Smash Ace
If they make Kirby exactly like he was in 64, he will be pretty broken. He needs to be better, but not like he was.

Top Bottom