• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Undead Brampton Thread/Cemetery: Watch out for Zombies (and Geist)

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol it was dull without the lense flare.

and its kidna like.. sun like..

and id put teh redner mostly infornt of the flare anyways. i think it would work well with a bowser. lol

yeahhhh if anyone wants backgrounds for stuff im board alot.. or if anyone wants a sig. il eventualy amke a nice crew sig once we all have our disease names ect. and i might make a team sig for my and steve.

im thinking about making sum shirts to sell at next tourney, i heard she made a killing with those shirts. and il one up sliq and sell my shels. (i have 4 controlers coming to me in abotu a week for free heck yes)

im also going to look into doing wii motes (top only for now) il take one apart and see what id have to do.

Steve im ready to do your controler givve me your black controler and the money. im going metalic red black stars. posibly put your name sumwhere in black. or a small logo. il think of somthing that looks ill.

Chris. you wanted metalic yellow with pink stripes?

i think tahts doable. uhmm we can work out a price.

i feel kinda weird cuz my controler wont be the only 1337 one anymore.

*note*

Im not cutting any windows. thast my thing. i like being unique.

Proper

Smash Cadet
"YEAH I WANNA BE UNIQUE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!! >=O **** YEAH!!!"
lolololooolooollolol

Geist

Smash Master
lol it was dull without the lense flare.

and its kidna like.. sun like..

and id put teh redner mostly infornt of the flare anyways. i think it would work well with a bowser. lol

yeahhhh if anyone wants backgrounds for stuff im board alot.. or if anyone wants a sig. il eventualy amke a nice crew sig once we all have our disease names ect. and i might make a team sig for my and steve.

im thinking about making sum shirts to sell at next tourney, i heard she made a killing with those shirts. and il one up sliq and sell my shels. (i have 4 controlers coming to me in abotu a week for free heck yes)

im also going to look into doing wii motes (top only for now) il take one apart and see what id have to do.

Steve im ready to do your controler givve me your black controler and the money. im going metalic red black stars. posibly put your name sumwhere in black. or a small logo. il think of somthing that looks ill.

Chris. you wanted metalic yellow with pink stripes?

i think tahts doable. uhmm we can work out a price.

i feel kinda weird cuz my controler wont be the only 1337 one anymore.

*note*

lol I'm going to paint my controller soon too =3 I have a few ideas...
I noticed how much the Gamecube remote resembles a metroid... :D

I can make a render for you if you want to make anyone a sig. Chris asked for a Doc one. Maybe if I have enough time I'll draw one up.

4Serial

Smash Lord
ohai

so i hear you guise r doin fotoshop

it's making me wanna open up photoshop and doing random ****
but then i get lazy

anyways, @bren's sig..
the render is really sex, but i'm not feeling the blur effect on it... it really ruins it

i don't like the background because of the reasons chris said. seems like filters and gradients which are really good tools to use in a lot of cases, but you can be sooooooooo much more creative with backgrounds. Use more brushes, make your own random shapes, and do whatever. I use filters and gradients and loads of layers and effects to tune it up. It really depends on what you're going for and what suits the render.

Chris says the background has to flow.. yeah, in a way i guess. The background has to flow with the render. They should correspond with each other and blend. Not really as in you gotta mask around the render, that works in some cases, but you just want the render to not stick out of place, or the background to stick out of place too much. You can actually use the render and do some crazy filters on it and make random shapes to put together and make the background. Your background is like blue while your render is all shiny and whhotnot. color co-ordination works really well for blending stuff in.

There's really not much I could tell you on how to make backgrounds. Everyone has their own style. You should experiment with all of the tools until you find your own thing. Always experiment with new stuff basically, there's always room for improvement, and don't do the same thing all the time or you won't improve.

Text is the most frustrating part of the sig in my experience...... There's one easy thing to know about it, though. When you work with renders and backgrounds, you can focus on either of them and do whatever you want with the blending of it. For text, most of the time you just need to make it really, really simple and just blend. It never has to really stand out. A lot of people will tell you that keeping text simple is the best thing you can do then using crazy big font.

i made this sig like 2 years ago near the end of when I was really into photoshop
i like it because i was getting better at using C4D renders which is probably really overused by now, but people are always finding ways to be creative and sexy with them. I also looooooovvvvveeeeeeee how I made the text. but my monitor sucks and i have really low contrast levels so it's probably cut off for most people.

I kind of half-***** on the border, but whatever. Speaking of which, borders are also best simple. I usually have my border match with my text, which both should work for the entire sig. Nothing too fancy. The border should just close off the sig, i mostly just use a 1px black border. You can use a white border+text if you want so it stands out more on forums with darker backgrounds, just as long as the rest of the sig works with that.

@jay: your random bgs are really cool, the first one is sexy

i wanna show off too (warning: mad old stuff, like +1 or 2 years old)

experimenting with c4d renders, blending, and lights/blending using lights lollolollo
as you can see, i use really simple text, and a lot of colour co-ordination ^^ LOL

mew2king
oh wow, if i look at it now, i just notice the lighting is completely screwed up lollolololol
text here sucks, but everything else is okay i guess. ALSO, this is a pixel art mewtwo render. raep.

not really much i guess. i wish i could show you some smudge crazy sigs, but i dunno if i have any, or i just can't really notice it.

wow big post. enjoy my sig tutorial anyways LMFAO

WIGI

Smash Champion
i said the smae thign about the blurr on the render, its one thing to duplicate renderrs and stagegr them over, an dblurr them. make sure your original render is still visable, and the duplicates eitehr blend in or create the bacground.

i acualy hate my sig right now xD

the render is meh. no flow. text is good. but hey. its unique. i want to make anotehr 1/8 sig

Geist

Smash Master
Text is the most frustrating part of the sig in my experience...... There's one easy thing to know about it, though. When you work with renders and backgrounds, you can focus on either of them and do whatever you want with the blending of it. For text, most of the time you just need to make it really, really simple and just blend. It never has to really stand out. A lot of people will tell you that keeping text simple is the best thing you can do then using crazy big font.
yeah alot of people have told me that simple text is the best way to go, but my bg is supposed to have the effect of a broken screen, so you'd probably understand that it looks so gay and out of place if I just put it there with no after-thought.
I don't want to over-complicate it, so I made some changes like you said, but overall it's the same effect.
At first I didn't want it to stand out, but I overdid it. I kinda noticed when Chris said he didn't even see it the first time he looked at the sig lololololol
Edit: I also sharpened up the render so it isn't so blurry like you guys recommended. I can't get my photoshop running though >=[ WTF

One thing I did have a bit of an idea about though... in that blank area at the top left I was thinking about putting one of my recorded clips, and kind of match it in with the background. But seeing as I neither have a capture card that works, or any clips, that might have to wait. D:

J I like your old sig, the one with the luigi misfiring. Just use that one.

4Serial

Smash Lord
got bored really bored

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Sigs/Feebas-Sig.png <--- black text
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Sigs/Feebas-Sig3.png <-- lip coloured text

be grateful stvn, i actually dids it LOL
****ted on the text....... **** text
first time working with vector shiz, kinda hard organizing stuff and making them look nice >_<
also, stop using that raichu *****, use this instead.

i think i should make a snowflaek societah sign and stick it in there later.......

4Serial

Smash Lord
The Story of How I Met Bren <3

a good year has passed since we first met.....

oh yes, i remember. nov 21 2007, that was the fateful day.

that was a year ago. it is our anniversary =D

anyways. when our eyes met, i knew it was love at first sight

and i'm sure he did too.

it was then we would spends so many nights together

and then one hot summer night, he looked me straight in the eye and told me

"i have to leave, my love. i am joining the space navy and i have to defend our planet from space pirates and aliens"

i didn't know what to say. but these words came out of my voluptuous lips:

"no bren! you are the alien"

AND THEN HE WAS AN ALIEN

THE EDN

SO BASICALLY

when we first met i was like

but then i was like

but then that thing happened again.

THE EDN

rip bren,
the sexy alien.

WIGI

Smash Champion
my face is swollen. i had 4 impounded wisodm teeth pulled. lol
yeah i liekd my missfire sig betetr too, but it was kinda boring at the same time, and the etxt sucked. i want to make a new missfire 1/8th sig tahst a little more interesting

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
you and steve should be sam and ella for teams.
Lol that's from Mona the Vampire.

Lol, that's the only reason I was offering $50 =P.

got bored really bored

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Sigs/Feebas-Sig.png <--- black text
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/KotoHaru/Sigs/Feebas-Sig3.png <-- lip coloured text

be grateful stvn, i actually dids it LOL
****ted on the text....... **** text
first time working with vector shiz, kinda hard organizing stuff and making them look nice >_<
also, stop using that raichu *****, use this instead.

i think i should make a snowflaek societah sign and stick it in there later.......
OMFG I LOVE IT.

But how do you to the Feebas? Because Raichu is : 0 2 6 : without the spaces.

:026: -SUP3RCANS1R

WIGI

Smash Champion
ugh i need the moneyy.. i wont be able to aford xmas presents. fine il do a window but it has to be doable. nothing to complex. the L was ahrd enough as it is. a C would be doable. orr a circle.. or a square... or a non curvy s

/
\
/

type thing

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
My Sig sucks cuz im a photo shooping scrub, in fact I use The Gimp and ive never bothered to learn it properly. With my crapass skills I made one decent sig for a friend.

Compare it to this piece of crap below...

Proper

Smash Cadet
its better.
andy.
i like that style of sig. you did it well and the vector was aawwesssommmeee
so yeah gg.
i'de like to request a sig from you, you can do it if you want, just whenever you're bored or something.

4Serial

Smash Lord
good vector brushes for ps7 is ****ing hard to find on deviant art
it took me like an hour to render the vector feebas lmao and i made a pointless ugly c4d based background and just tossed it out.
i really hate the placement of the text and render there, but i forgot i would be putting that much text <_<
oh well, no johns

chris, you know how to use photoshop on your own
make your own sig >=[ i only made it for steven because he's clearly talentless. LOL <3

LMFAO DAVID NICE AVATAR
Yeah steve, i made like 3 of those feebas avatars in avatar size so you could use them to match your sig <_< now stop using that lame squartal.

HEY, THAT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE THOSE X-RAYS. JUST ALMOST.

@Ethan: the text is kinda fancy
with backgrounds, you should start playing with brushes you can download off deviantart.com
use filters to manipulate some parts on the sig and change it to the way you want, but don't use the entire filter on the whole background because it usually doesn't look too great
experiment with filters, brushes, and all of your photoshop tools, never use just use one.

STEVEN: i thought raichu was some complicated img thing like this [ img ] http://www.upokecenter.com/pictures/dp/poke349_3.png [ /img ]
i dunno if swf would have feebas, i'll look into it
:349: swf does not have feebas. for shaem. :129: they don't have magikarp either.

I'LL JUST USE THIS
-G1G4 G0NARRH3A

SmashCentralOfficial

They only have up to 99.

Start working on a Magikarp sig similar to the Feebas sig so we can match.

And wtf is a vector?

LOL AT CHRIS GETTING BANNED.

4Serial

Smash Lord
i was trying to find a magikarp vector like the feebas one i found for yours..
apparently, there's better feebas art than magikarp art. -______-

Vectors are like.. simple flat shapes that look really cool. The Feebas render i used was a vector and i was looking for vector stuff to work with it. People can take some pictures and make them into vectors, like clouds, buildings, people, etc.
http://concore.deviantart.com/art/Feebas-64971076
http://saltshaker911.deviantart.com/art/VECTOR-38238670
http://stfun.ovh.org/index.php?page=art&artwork=vecto

If i can't find a magikarp vector, i might have to end up trying to make one.
which might actually be really fun lol

SmashCentralOfficial

I wish I was good with Photoshop.

Olivia is so good at picture editing and HTML and CSS and stuff.

I wish I had endless hours of free time with nothing to do at all but play Neopets so I could learn stuff.

WIGI

Smash Champion
vecotr=mathmatical equiotion. no matter how big you resize it it does nto become pixly and loose wuality. (illustrator is vector based)

photoshop is pixel based, enlarge somthing and it loose quality.

vector BRUSHES are just large bruhses that don't loose quality when they get enlarged, but they are stil not acual vectors.

now you know

andys controler is going to be so 1337

it looks sweet already.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
brampton fully failed.
wow even meleer went to LBT, took a tv right away lol asked to stop but **** that lol. then we took another tv lol so yeah there was a loot of us. too bad you guys didnt show up.
scrubs.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I didn't go.

I guess I suck.

Stos can you PM me bernie's cell number?
no you dont ily.
but seriously we had like everyone in there.
me kyle peter eugene sean mike marco bernard ryan scott madnan juan niko and such.
it was soo much fun. lol take this in they tried kicking us out of one tv but it didnt happen then couple hours later we see an empty tv right beside us and we took over it quick and they had paper posted on the wall saying the tv numbers and we took out the paper so they basically lost one set up lolol.

ugh i cant find my phone right now sorry.
but i heard that his phone is not working atm.

4Serial

Smash Lord
yeah i wanted to go to lbt cuz i heard melee players were going, but IT'S STEVEN'S FAULT i couldn't =[

i finished my version of the sig

and my new avy
vs
LOL

I edited the vector Feebas into a Magikarp =D took a whhile

i should probably make a new acc

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol nice, the giga part the letters are spaced to far apart, and the text blends in to the background to much, makes it annopying to read

and you can;t read the

goly sh*t lol part either.

and i don't like the arrow bottom right corner.. its like.. see through.. and weird lookin.

the vector is hela sweet tho.

and i like the rest of the sig aside form the textx the colours are good.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
I dont find any of that to be wrong with it XP
I was able to read the text fine =s
I'm not sure about the arrow in the bottom right, im here nor there :p

WIGI

Smash Champion
it looks liek the etx wasw an afterthought, your eyes kidna notice after everything else and there like.. oh..didn't see that.. its kinda kool i guess.

eyes shouldn't bounce around on a sig, they should follow a path. my sig is a bad example xD

yours you kidna go right to the middle, witch is fine. but then you notice the giga part, then my eyes feel kinda lost..liek they don't know where to look next.

4Serial

Smash Lord
maybe there's something weird about your/my monitor settings that make it look different
either way, the bg is really messy and i ****ed up the text with the placing of the render and everything <_<

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah we agree on that.

uhm im buying paint today. i hav't heard from chris so im buying the paint for steve and andy. i need my money before youl get your controller. also andy you need to drop of your controler soon. im probably not going to school tomorow, dropping it of today would be ideal.

steve i need that black controler. i can put the painted shel on your real controler thursday after you pay me. i also need to know what window you want

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
wot wot wot wot
how much would a metallic yellow controller with a "D" cost me?
or just a metallic yellow with the blue rings around the handles like we were talking about D:

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhmm i unno cost. thats to cans of paint and i charge 20$+cost of paint. so thats like borderline 40 bucks.

if you use a colour for the d that i already have u save 10 bucks.

or if you make the d the colour of the original controler.

and heres an excert of mine and chris msn convo. perfectly in context

Jason Jillard. Selling hacked 16 gig iPod tch 320$ // Painting services for controllers! //looking for broken controlers any kind says:
and anal
?¿Chris? - says:
i already bloody do that 8D
Jason Jillard. Selling hacked 16 gig iPod tch 320$ // Painting services for controllers! //looking for broken controlers any kind says:
o.0

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i meant a "D" window 8D
so its only 1 can of paint unless you feel like doing the blue rings =3

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
they also have purple black white and orange ;]
and i just say oh god wii motes cuz i despise wii. lol

Top Bottom