• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Underdog Series: An In Depth Look at D3's "Bad" Moves

What is Dedede's most useless move?

• U-throw

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Jet Hammer

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Jab Combo

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • U-B

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
This move scares people into going to the ledge. The only time I EVER use it (and there have to be a thousand more useful options) is when people are recovering back to the stage.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If you're opponent is above on you on a platform, you can scare them into jump away and chase them since you can jump while charging Jet Hammer.

Also when I was landing, I decided to throw this out instead of another move against this Wolf because he had a spotdodge habit and this move was slow enough to hit after his spotdodge while landing on the ground. If your opponent had a bad spotdodge or roll habit, sometimes slower moves are useful.

Skel'D3

Smash Cadet
Some marths do UpB during CG and hope the CG will not be done correctly.

After a Dthrow, wait, the Marth will UpB and charge your Jet Hammer. It's one of the only applications for me. But we can also punish with Fsmash or DA so it's pretty useless.

We can also perform a Platform Cancel with Down B but it's still pretty useless imo

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Guys, I just remembered the most important use for this.

On SV's platform, start charging your Jet Hammer than tap down as if to go through the platform but let go quickly. Do this repeatedly and you'll start stomping the platform. This will scare your opponent ****less trust me.

∫unk

Smash Master
what's the priority on this move? can you give some examples of what this will beat in terms of range? why are there no hitbubbles and frame data?

I'm thinking a new use for it could be when the opponents on the ledge. If you know the timing when they're going to get off the ledge then ddd shuffle-jet hammer might be a decent option.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
what's the priority on this move? can you give some examples of what this will beat in terms of range? why are there no hitbubbles and frame data?

I'm thinking a new use for it could be when the opponents on the ledge. If you know the timing when they're going to get off the ledge then ddd shuffle-jet hammer might be a decent option.
For what this beats in terms of priority, you would have to give me specific moves.
The Jet Hammer has horrible range, barely equivalant to our first jab.
And a video for the kings hitboxes/bubbles is already on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzsm5f3VmNE
This was the link. It is the only depository of Dedede's hitboxes available.

I lack the technology necessary to aqquire frame data, but I asked the Dedede social forums for help in this
regard. I have yet to recieve an answer. Rest assured when I have aqquired it, I will post it.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Interesting.

The part I mentioned (charging on a moving platform) Apparently, if you're charging, there is no way you can drop through a moving platform. Even if you hold down. You can mash down and he'll stomp pretty much everytime. So, for moving platforms, you have to drop through before starting if you want to charge and go down with it.

Also, tested on Lylat, where it also works. Hoorah.

EDIT: Ok, I did MORE testing, and you CAN drop through the platform while charging, but I'm unsure how exactly you do it, and was very inconsistent.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have merged both threads together so that we conserve space on the boards. Chris will also be researching Jab as well and that will be done in this thread instead of another thread being made.

Cheers.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Alright its up now. I know it is a bit skimpy compared to the others, but that is really just because I focused
on its uses with combos. Not much else I'm afraid. Feel free to add anything guys.

Top Bottom