• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think playing too much league is giving me minor carpal tunnel.
Also kinda suggs smashboards been dead past 2ish years due to everyone moving to FB and twitter for discussion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been a little unhappy after starting a calorie watching diet because I used food as a way to handle stress and because I don't think anyone but me will care if I look a little better

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Got my first job on Friday, been doing online "Training" (Its mostly terms of operation stuff). I started to get some training at the register today. I did not know how nice I was to staff at retail until today. Too bad karma decided not to help out. Here I am, a guy who knows how to program a similar interface to what they use, and I cannot productively use their system to the point where some of the people look like they're going to beat the living hell out of me.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
How the **** do I just shut my ****ing... mouth?

I say the meanest **** out of nowhere and I don't know what gets into me.

I already got a guy to ****ing ignore me and I'm trying not to do it again because HOLY **** I CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE THROUGH CUSS WORDS I'm just a ****ing stupid person and oh my god I just can't pick my ****ing words for the life of me and dear god I just hate myself right now holy **** I am just pissed to the brim with myself because I'M A SHAMEFUL LITTLE ***** and I don't know how to ****ing change my attitude and ugh...

I wish I could just make amends and move on so much, you know?

I say one stupid wrong thing and BAM everyone hates me.

I don't even know how I do it.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Well after seeing the girl that I liked back in 7th and 8th grade on may way home from school, I began to think about when am I ever going to get a girlfriend. I bet a lot of you other people here still have never been in a relationship or at least dealt with that for a very long time. I go to a school where it is mostly guys, so it is very hard to get a girlfriend because the few girls that go to this school are either already in relationships, or I am just not attracted to them. A lot of the people around me are in the part of their lives where they are beginning to treat relationships seriously, so if one of the girls I like gets a boyfriend, they are probably going to be together for a while (one girl that I liked last year is still with her boyfriend now and I don't expect them to break up any time soon). My school is in a campus that has like 5 other schools in it, and two of these schools have mostly girls, but I either don't talk to them because I don't know them, they have boyfriends, or I am just not attracted to them. Before I started high school last year, I would get nervous when I would try to talk to a girl I liked, but now I am a lot more confident. I have a little brother and pretty good friends, but every time I start to think about it I just feel so lonely. Sometimes I even begin to feel a little cold when it isn't even cold at all just from thinking about it.

Another thing that has been stressing me out a bit lately is school. Within this week alone I have so many big projects due for different teachers that I have been losing sleep and getting headaches every single day from losing sleep. I am also on the verge of failing one of my classes for the whole year (I need AT LEAST and 85 to pass the class and the teacher has been giving us so much homework on top of the **** ton of homework we already have from our other classes). There are also the regents that we have to take within less than a month. I've heard from many people that the 10th grade isn't even the most stressful part of high school, its 11th grade. I hope that it ends up being less stressful for me than it was this year.

How the **** do I just shut my ****ing... mouth?

I say the meanest **** out of nowhere and I don't know what gets into me.

I already got a guy to ****ing ignore me and I'm trying not to do it again because HOLY **** I CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE THROUGH CUSS WORDS I'm just a ****ing stupid person and oh my god I just can't pick my ****ing words for the life of me and dear god I just hate myself right now holy **** I am just pissed to the brim with myself because I'M A SHAMEFUL LITTLE ***** and I don't know how to ****ing change my attitude and ugh...

I wish I could just make amends and move on so much, you know?

I say one stupid wrong thing and BAM everyone hates me.

I don't even know how I do it.
When I was in 9th grade last year I had a similar problem. I would constantly make people angry at me because I would accidentally be a ****head to them without realizing I was a ****head until after they got angry at me. Not sure how, but over the last summer I just came back to school and I just kind of stopped being that way. I still use swear words like every other sentence around people who I wouldn't get in trouble with, but honestly I don't really care to try to change that about me since it doesn't really bother anyone other than parents, teachers, and other people who are too sensitive about that kind of stuff.

Someone PLEASE let me know if I'm just a **** but...

There's this girl who always sits with me at lunch and talks to me before and after any class we have. She always tries to be my partner in every group activity there is, even if I want to do it with another one of my friends. She's nice, she's kinda cute, she watches anime and plays video games, but there's one BIG issue;
Her personality.
Oh my god, this girl. She never shuts up about anything. She's loud and obnoxious. Me and another friend told her about Undertale, and I don't think she's gone a day without telling me about her alternate universe theories. She latches on to things obsessively and talks about them constantly. She's always telling me about her "new anime she just started watching" or "this really funny game I saw". (99% of the time she only knows about it because of the memes surrounding it). The worst part is that not many other people in the school are her friend, so I guess I'm one of the only ones that will put up with her.

But I can't keep pretending to be her friend out of pity, that's just cruel. I don't know what to do...
As someone who doesn't necessarily care about other people's feelings and likes to be honest with people most of the time, I would literally just tell her "I don't give a ****" right to her face if she did that more than one time. Maybe she does that because she likes you and maybe you are one of the few people in school who has similar interests to hers, but in your shoes that is what I would probably do. One thing I have done to get people I found loud and annoying to stop being that way is just telling them to stop being to loud and that no one cares about what they are talking about. Sure they were upset about it at first, but when they actually stopped doing it I would talk to them again within a week or a month and become friends with them. I'm not saying you should do this because you probably shouldn't, so you should probably try to tell her that you don't care in a way that won't hurt her feelings. Have you ever tried to change the subject when talking to her? Doing that might give her a hint and get her to talk about something that you both care about.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I love you guys. For a bunch of unhappy people, you're certainly nice!

Anyway, I just wanted to vent about this one kid at my school. I used to be "friends" with him in 5th grade, but we broke off in 6th. Now 3 years later I finally remember why. This kid is a ****. He constantly trash talks some really good teachers, just because he doesn't want to put effort into they're classes. And, today, I overheard my name in their conversation and then a large burst of laughter. I asked one of the kids nearby what they were talking about and apparently it was about the way I talk. That's cool and all, if you say it to my face. I hate this kind of stuff, where people just talk behind my back. It's rude. I would have just laughed it off if you told it to me face to face.

Whatever, at the end of the day, it's just me overreacting to a stupid joke. Best to get over it as soon as possible.

Edit: Whoops, hit reply instead of edit! Can a mod delete that?

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I love you guys. For a bunch of unhappy people, you're certainly nice!
I'm glad that people are considering me as a nice person now. Like I said before I was constantly being rude to people without even realizing just a year ago. I wouldn't really consider myself "unhappy", but more of just currently being pressured a lot in school and feeling lonely every now and then.

And, today, I overheard my name in their conversation and then a large burst of laughter. I asked one of the kids nearby what they were talking about and apparently it was about the way I talk. That's cool and all, if you say it to my face. I hate this kind of stuff, where people just talk behind my back. It's rude. I would have just laughed it off if you told it to me face to face.
Damn man, that sucks. I really hate these kinds of people, fortunately I don't really know anyone like this, or at least I don't think I do..... I think you should just tell him that if he has something to say about you he should just say it to your face. If not then just forget about him. One day he might realize he was being a ****.

Also did you ever do anything about that girl you were talking about in a previous post? If you think she is cute and she likes to hang out with you then maybe you should give her chance if you can do anything about the one-sided conversations.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that people are considering me as a nice person now. Like I said before I was constantly being rude to people without even realizing just a year ago. I wouldn't really consider myself "unhappy", but more of just currently being pressured a lot in school and feeling lonely every now and then.

Damn man, that sucks. I really hate these kinds of people, fortunately I don't really know anyone like this, or at least I don't think I do..... I think you should just tell him that if he has something to say about you he should just say it to your face. If not then just forget about him. One day he might realize he was being a ****.

Also did you ever do anything about that girl you were talking about in a previous post? If you think she is cute and she likes to hang out with you then maybe you should give her chance if you can do anything about the one-sided conversations.
Yeah, I've been talking to her more and letting her know when she's getting off topic and such. It's been really helpful to come to you guys whenever I have a problem. I haven't been here long, but I feel like a part of the community with you guys. Thanks to everyone here that has tried to help me.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been talking to her more and letting her know when she's getting off topic and such. It's been really helpful to come to you guys whenever I have a problem. I haven't been here long, but I feel like a part of the community with you guys. Thanks to everyone here that has tried to help me.
No problem. I'm the type of person to bottle up my emotions not necessarily because I am afraid to show them, but just that I have trouble finding people to talk to about any of my personal issues that don't have to do with school because it is hard for me to find people that relate to me. We all need some sort of way to just vent about whatever is stressing us out or making us feel down.

Anyone ever had to deal with a situation where you have trouble getting a girlfriend because you have very few options and have a **** ton of competition that are far more likely to get with a girl you are interested in than you? In the past few months things have just been like: "Oh hey this girl is cute and seems really nice maybe I should go talk to h- oh she has a boyfriend....." To be honest I would not really feel that bad about it if I were to steal a girl away from her boyfriend if her boyfriend is someone I don't know or don't like. The only thing that would really prevent me from doing this is if the couple seems happy together and me not wanting to have my head on a silver platter. Though all of the girls I know that are in relationships either have boyfriends that I am friends with or they seem happy together. There is one girl that I really like who isn't in a relationship, but we don't go to the same school, she has a lot other guys who like her too, and when I told her that I like her a few years ago she didn't feel the same way. I feel like if I was able to see her more often and I made the right moves I could get her since I look (slightly) better than I did back then, I'm a lot better at talking to people then used to, and she is really nice to me.

Edit: I'm not really effected by this, but I just found out that someone that some of my middle school friends went to school with got shot and killed really close to where I live. I never knew this guy, but I feel really sorry that he died when he was only 17 years old and I feel sorry for my friends who knew him.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I'm seeing a pattern of girl-lessness in this thread, so I might as well add one more negative problem going on in my life right now.

Well, I've been trying to get a hold of my most recent crush to ask whether or not I could get her on the phone to ask her to see a movie with me. (Psst. Ace. That's a good thing. Get that happy stuff outta here, there's a thread for that!) Well, shut up random voice I use for terrible comedy bits, I wasn't finished talking.

I decided, if I'm going to ask her on a date, I might as well get her on the phone and be extra bold. Except one problem: I don't think she wants much to do with dating. Dating me, anyway. It seemed like she was sort of interested in me during school, but I think she's just trying to be nice at this point. I sent her a text a few days ago to confirm whether or not she was okay with me texting her during the summer. She said 'Sure'. Okay, that's fine and dandy, she's busy a lot so naturally when you want to get back to someone on a question you type in the fastest thing to answer both questions. Fair enough, I'd to the same thing. Then I asked if there was a time next week I could call her. It's been three (going on four) days now, and no response. I know she's busy, but she always has time to respond to everything else I've sent her. I started out thinking "Okay, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she got the message late", but that only works if you haven't gotten a response in a day or so. I know she's on her phone a lot, so there's no possible way she hasn't seen this message yet. Every phone ever even has this little light that flashes whenever you have a new message, so that's why I'm starting to think that she's just been being nice. One of those people who don't want to hurt your feelings, so they pretend to like you in that way so they don't have to say no.

I've stated a few times that I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when people do that. I don't think people realize it hurts the other person more than it helps them. Sometimes people don't know their doing it, sometimes they do. I'm not going to blame her for anything, it's an almost natural reaction for people who care about others' feelings. I just... all the girls I've ever been interested have done this, and I have to literally push the "No" out of them so I'm not wondering "To be, or not to be?" (Yes, I did just reference Shakespeare in a negative thread on a website that's for the Smash community. My references know no bounds.) (And before you ask, no, I do not like Shakespeare.) And it hurts me to have to push them to say how they feel. So, I'm just going to mark this as another failure and move on with my life. I have to wait the entirety of the summer to find another girl to chase after because: A) All of my girl-friends are just that, friends. And B) I'm not in any sort of activity outside of video games. Meaning: I can't meet new people. I don't like sports, absolutely refuse to go to any summer camps, there's actually no one my age in my neighborhood (SOMEHOW), and just generally don't see the outside much.

Since my parents are pushing me to get into more activities, I offered two, but even then they're both individual things. No other people except instructors. The first one is golf (Reasons: Takes little-to-no strenuous exercise, actually get to see the outside, and compliments my analytical personality) which isn't a team sport. Even if it was, it would be boys-only anyway. The second in music lessons I already know how to play the clarinet, but I'm looking into other instruments (Reasons: Extreme love of music, enjoyment of band). And these are private lessons, so no other people to be met. So I'm out of luck. I want a girlfriend, but this is just getting ridiculous. It's going to take something short of a miracle to get me even a first date, let alone someone who actually wants to spend time with me.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I'm seeing a pattern of girl-lessness in this thread, so I might as well add one more negative problem going on in my life right now.

Well, I've been trying to get a hold of my most recent crush to ask whether or not I could get her on the phone to ask her to see a movie with me. (Psst. Ace. That's a good thing. Get that happy stuff outta here, there's a thread for that!) Well, shut up random voice I use for terrible comedy bits, I wasn't finished talking.

I decided, if I'm going to ask her on a date, I might as well get her on the phone and be extra bold. Except one problem: I don't think she wants much to do with dating. Dating me, anyway. It seemed like she was sort of interested in me during school, but I think she's just trying to be nice at this point. I sent her a text a few days ago to confirm whether or not she was okay with me texting her during the summer. She said 'Sure'. Okay, that's fine and dandy, she's busy a lot so naturally when you want to get back to someone on a question you type in the fastest thing to answer both questions. Fair enough, I'd to the same thing. Then I asked if there was a time next week I could call her. It's been three (going on four) days now, and no response. I know she's busy, but she always has time to respond to everything else I've sent her. I started out thinking "Okay, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she got the message late", but that only works if you haven't gotten a response in a day or so. I know she's on her phone a lot, so there's no possible way she hasn't seen this message yet. Every phone ever even has this little light that flashes whenever you have a new message, so that's why I'm starting to think that she's just been being nice. One of those people who don't want to hurt your feelings, so they pretend to like you in that way so they don't have to say no.

I've stated a few times that I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when people do that. I don't think people realize it hurts the other person more than it helps them. Sometimes people don't know their doing it, sometimes they do. I'm not going to blame her for anything, it's an almost natural reaction for people who care about others' feelings. I just... all the girls I've ever been interested have done this, and I have to literally push the "No" out of them so I'm not wondering "To be, or not to be?" (Yes, I did just reference Shakespeare in a negative thread on a website that's for the Smash community. My references know no bounds.) (And before you ask, no, I do not like Shakespeare.) And it hurts me to have to push them to say how they feel. So, I'm just going to mark this as another failure and move on with my life. I have to wait the entirety of the summer to find another girl to chase after because: A) All of my girl-friends are just that, friends. And B) I'm not in any sort of activity outside of video games. Meaning: I can't meet new people. I don't like sports, absolutely refuse to go to any summer camps, there's actually no one my age in my neighborhood (SOMEHOW), and just generally don't see the outside much.

Since my parents are pushing me to get into more activities, I offered two, but even then they're both individual things. No other people except instructors. The first one is golf (Reasons: Takes little-to-no strenuous exercise, actually get to see the outside, and compliments my analytical personality) which isn't a team sport. Even if it was, it would be boys-only anyway. The second in music lessons I already know how to play the clarinet, but I'm looking into other instruments (Reasons: Extreme love of music, enjoyment of band). And these are private lessons, so no other people to be met. So I'm out of luck. I want a girlfriend, but this is just getting ridiculous. It's going to take something short of a miracle to get me even a first date, let alone someone who actually wants to spend time with me.
At a point you just need to give up. If you think she's just leading you on just to be nice, just stop. Even if she does like you, there's no reason for you to be putting up with this crap and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

As for your second problem: the number 1 way to meet new people in school, from my experience, is to join school clubs. I get that it isn't an option right now because school is almost out, but think about it next year. My one regret every year is that I didn't do more clubs. Just ask around next year, there's a lot of people you can meet that way. My school has everything from yearbook staff to anime club. And if you can't find any clubs that you like, ask a teacher if they would be OK with you making one.

Side note: My parents made me do the same thing with golf lol. And there are golf teams, it's just that they're usually really small.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
At a point you just need to give up. If you think she's just leading you on just to be nice, just stop. Even if she does like you, there's no reason for you to be putting up with this crap and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

As for your second problem: the number 1 way to meet new people in school, from my experience, is to join school clubs. I get that it isn't an option right now because school is almost out, but think about it next year. My one regret every year is that I didn't do more clubs. Just ask around next year, there's a lot of people you can meet that way. My school has everything from yearbook staff to anime club. And if you can't find any clubs that you like, ask a teacher if they would be OK with you making one.

Side note: My parents made me do the same thing with golf lol. And there are golf teams, it's just that they're usually really small.
Yeah, I've given up on her at this point. I'm an impatient person and there's only so much I can put up with.
And there are no clubs that interest me. The only things that interest me are video games and music. Absolutely nothing else. I would make a Smash club, but I can't for two reasons: One: My school wouldn't let me. It has no real educational value, so there's no way they would let me. Two: I don't want the responsibility of maintaining one of those things. Especially when the club get more than four members, because then I'd have to coordinate all this stuff, teach people how to play in some cases, and all that crap. That's just something I'm not up for. And like I said, gamer girls in my area are virtually nonexistent. And 'music club' is called 'band', which I'm already in (bass clarinet player), but we're losing people every year. And to be honest, none of the girls (other than my one friend who's off-limits) are attractive. And before somebody asks "You haven't seen everybody so how to you know?", I would like to point out that we have two bands at our (now previous) school, and I've seen everyone in the band because those two bands get together to play. And there will be even less people because those two bands will be split into three more when moving up, which limits me further.

So yeah, girls are a no-go right now. It's basically impossible for me to find anyone because of my extremely strict standards for who I want to go out with. I'm getting really bummed out about this whole thing and have really started considering just staying single. I may feel like I have a huge hole in my soul, but I can't do anything about that.

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Yeah, I've given up on her at this point. I'm an impatient person and there's only so much I can put up with.
And there are no clubs that interest me. The only things that interest me are video games and music. Absolutely nothing else. I would make a Smash club, but I can't for two reasons: One: My school wouldn't let me. It has no real educational value, so there's no way they would let me. Two: I don't want the responsibility of maintaining one of those things. Especially when the club get more than four members, because then I'd have to coordinate all this stuff, teach people how to play in some cases, and all that crap. That's just something I'm not up for. And like I said, gamer girls in my area are virtually nonexistent. And 'music club' is called 'band', which I'm already in (bass clarinet player), but we're losing people every year. And to be honest, none of the girls (other than my one friend who's off-limits) are attractive. And before somebody asks "You haven't seen everybody so how to you know?", I would like to point out that we have two bands at our (now previous) school, and I've seen everyone in the band because those two bands get together to play. And there will be even less people because those two bands will be split into three more when moving up, which limits me further.

So yeah, girls are a no-go right now. It's basically impossible for me to find anyone because of my extremely strict standards for who I want to go out with. I'm getting really bummed out about this whole thing and have really started considering just staying single. I may feel like I have a huge hole in my soul, but I can't do anything about that.
Are there any Smash tourneys or social events you might be interested in? If you can find an excuse to go somewhere new, you might at least make some new friends. There could be people nearby who share your interests, and you could set up clubs outside of school - more informal things that take less organization.
Also, I wouldn't get too upset about loneliness. The contrast is what makes relationships seem even better; you appreciate company more when you know what life's like without them.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Are there any Smash tourneys or social events you might be interested in? If you can find an excuse to go somewhere new, you might at least make some new friends. There could be people nearby who share your interests, and you could set up clubs outside of school - more informal things that take less organization.
Also, I wouldn't get too upset about loneliness. The contrast is what makes relationships seem even better; you appreciate company more when you know what life's like without them.
Smash tourneys I'm definitely interested in. I've been looking for a way to get to one for a while, but I haven't found any. There was one at the high school that they do, but it's only once or twice a year. And I probably could make a club out of school for Smash, but only two of my friends are interested in Smash, and I'm the only one with the Wii U version. Not much of a club if you ask me, but it's worth a shot I guess.

I'm trying not to get too upset about it, but I've been trying for ages and it just isn't working out. I'll believe there's someone for me when I see it. (For future reference, I don't believe I'm the problem when it comes to this stuff, I just think I won't be able to find anyone) My confidence isn't anywhere near where it was when I started...

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
What happened?
I’m pretty lonely. I have almost no friends. I wish I could get some, but I already know what would happen if I tried- I’d screw it over like I’d done in the past. Be touchy over silly things, get jealous at other people and their revered social status, and tick off any potential friends in general. I don’t get why mean and egotistical people seem to be so loved by everyone, I guess people just like jerks. And people usually just ignore me anyway.

And there’s so much underlying tension in my home… and I’m the main cause of it, just because I exist… but I really shouldn’t get into all that. It’s just wearing on the nerves.

And I’m tired of running in place. I know life is all about the daily grinding, but I’m just so tired of waiting for something to happen that’s probably never going to. I don’t even know what I want. What if I want isn’t what I want if I get it? I have two life dreams, and they seem very incompatible with each other. One is to become famous and well known through musical performing-something I’ve always wanted-and the other is to settle down at my dream job and just have… friends like a normal guy. So you can see how these two dreams just aren’t compatible. (And I’d never tell the people I know personally what said job is because they’d think I was stupid for it probably.)

I’m tired of plugging away at my dumb little crappy projects that aren’t going to do me any good. I guess I’d never get my dream job anyway, because it requires actually working with other people and not being a total idiot socially. And said job has a high pedigree requirement so a loser like me would never be accepted. Plus it requires college, which I’d probably never get through.

Oh, well. World famousness, here I come (maybe? If it ever becomes a reality.) I just hope being isolated from other people forever is really, really what I want. I’ve spent so long telling myself what to believe and be that I don’t know who I really am sometimes. Sorry this is all so disconnected, just wanted to get a lot out, and I understand there’s not much to say.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I’m pretty lonely. I have almost no friends. I wish I could get some, but I already know what would happen if I tried- I’d screw it over like I’d done in the past. Be touchy over silly things, get jealous at other people and their revered social status, and tick off any potential friends in general. I don’t get why mean and egotistical people seem to be so loved by everyone, I guess people just like jerks. And people usually just ignore me anyway.
One thing you really need to do in order to make new friends that will also just help you with self-esteem is just not worry about what other people think about you or what other people think about someone else. Doing this will help to avoid getting jealous of someone else who might have a higher social status than you and help your social status improve. I don't know anyone that you know, but you probably shouldn't assume that just because a lot of people like a certain person that they are a mean and egotistical jerk, if that is what you are doing. Try to get to know some of these people, maybe they might seem like jerks to you because you were jerks to them (you said that you have a tendency to piss off potential friends).

get jealous at other people and their revered social status
And there’s so much underlying tension in my home… and I’m the main cause of it, just because I exist…
I guess I’d never get my dream job anyway, because it requires actually working with other people and not being a total idiot socially.
Plus it requires college, which I’d probably never get through.
Your main problem seems to be that you think too low of yourself. A lot of people don't want to hang out with the guy who thinks he sucks at life, and trust me it really doesn't matter if you suck at life or not with most people, it is just matters how you perceive yourself because you won't really get anywhere in life just expecting to be failure. From what you said about college you seem to still be in high school, so you probably shouldn't worry too much until you are at least halfway through college and just spend time practicing whatever instrument you play or whatever it is you do that involves music. In the meanwhile try to find something else that you might want to make a career out of.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
One thing you really need to do in order to make new friends that will also just help you with self-esteem is just not worry about what other people think about you or what other people think about someone else. Doing this will help to avoid getting jealous of someone else who might have a higher social status than you and help your social status improve. I don't know anyone that you know, but you probably shouldn't assume that just because a lot of people like a certain person that they are a mean and egotistical jerk, if that is what you are doing. Try to get to know some of these people, maybe they might seem like jerks to you because you were jerks to them (you said that you have a tendency to piss off potential friends).
Not exactly, because I've personally seen the attitudes of some of the people I'm thinking of, and they aren't good dudes. I remember one guy in particular blew up at me because I stated a somewhat unjustified negative opinion of a character he liked... lol. But thanks for taking the time to reply.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got back from doctor, I have have to take antibiotics...

Doctor wanted me to take an STD test. Refused to believe I've never had sex for some reason. Why would I lie about that?

Would have just taken the test if I wasn't told I'd have to pay for it. No use in paying for an STD test when I've never had sex before.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
sigh

I feel completely and totally worthless. Nothing I do will ever amount to anything worthwhile. Right now, I feel totally unable to feel love for anyone, not even myself. If not for working on something that I truly care about (which won't do anything, just me hoping to bring my favorite fantasies to life), I wouldn't care if I died today. It doesn't help that I made an utterly horrific post on this site late last year that I will never forgive myself for and will have to live with for the rest of my life.

I hate myself. If you are someone that was hurt by me in the past, you have my permission to kill me (or whatever it is you want).

Edit: I will not be seeking help. But I may as well express how I feel somewhere and this happens to be the best place.Have you had something like a tattoo? STDs can get through the bloodstream and if you have done anything like that, it would be safe to get tested just in case.
Never had a tattoo

The thing is, I would have gotten tested without a problem

If it didn't cost an additional $300

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I told the TO I'd be late for a tourney. Couldn't go and told him only moments before singles start. This must have screwed up seeding since I got a bye since I'm one of the top seeds. On top of that the tourney has been struggling and his near to the point of not existing anymore so this is the last thing that was needed. I feel like a total jerk.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I told the TO I'd be late for a tourney. Couldn't go and told him only moments before singles start. This must have screwed up seeding since I got a bye since I'm one of the top seeds. On top of that the tourney has been struggling and his near to the point of not existing anymore so this is the last thing that was needed. I feel like a total jerk.
Eh, don't worry about those things. I'm sure you didn't do it all on purpose, and if the TO is a good guy he'll forgive you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking about quitting, and I reached the decision this weekend

But the closer I get to my next day at work, the more I think it's easier to just stay with the bad job

I don't really have a plan B, but at the same time the environment at work is just getting worse and worse.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Well, Summer is pretty much here, and we've got longer days, warmer climate, and vacation for those in school. More importantly, EVO 2016 is getting more and more interesting. There's some stuff to look forward to.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Well, Summer is pretty much here, and we've got longer days, warmer climate, and vacation for those in school. More importantly, EVO 2016 is getting more and more interesting. There's some stuff to look forward to.
Did you mean to post in the happy thread lol.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
I just wanted to put something positive in. People who post here might be feeling down, so it might be a good to remind them that not everything is terrible.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to put something positive in. People who post here might be feeling down, so it might be a good to remind them that not everything is terrible.
Thats very true, sometimes you need some more positivity in your life.

Not to mention Apex is just next week, I believe. Chillen vs Leffen rematch?
...hopefully

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Today I got sucker punched by one of my best friends so hard that it left my mouth and nose bleeding and my upper lip is swollen. I hit him first but I really did not hit him anywhere near hard enough to make most people want to hit back that hard and scream at you afterwards. I didn't really talk to him or anyone else for the rest of the day at school, but I don't know whether I should just let it go or if I should just stop being friends with him....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think my fatigue is part of my depression. I just had a 2 hour nap, for example, and I don't feel any less fatigued.

I think it's because my depression is making me completely unmotivated, and therefore there really isn't anything I care to do but sleep.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I need a place to let out my salt. This looks like a good place.
I really hate Roy in Smash 4. I don't know who decided it was a good idea to bring back a low-tier Melee veteran just to leave him practically unchanged... he's now considered one of the worst characters in the game. AND he costs money. Not to mention... he has 2 clones in this game. Did we really need "another Fire Emblem swordsman"? I really think it's stupid that Corrin was introduced after the ballot rather than giving him Roy's DLC spot. Corrin is actually interesting in Smash (unlike in Fates lol) and a good fit to the roster. I hope that in Smash 5, Lucina and Roy hit the road. We only need one Dancing Blade in this arena, and that's the Hero King himself.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I really hate Roy in Smash 4. I don't know who decided it was a good idea to bring back a low-tier Melee veteran just to leave him practically unchanged... he's now considered one of the worst characters in the game. AND he costs money. Not to mention... he has 2 clones in this game. Did we really need "another Fire Emblem swordsman"? I really think it's stupid that Corrin was introduced after the ballot rather than giving him Roy's DLC spot. Corrin is actually interesting in Smash (unlike in Fates lol) and a good fit to the roster. I hope that in Smash 5, Lucina and Roy hit the road. We only need one Dancing Blade in this arena, and that's the Hero King himself.
I agree, I wish we got wolf instead. But no point in crying over spilled milk, whats done is done.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Corrin pissed me off when he was first announced, but he especially pissed me off when I got to play against him because I am a Marth main. Corrin in this game has so many tools that Marth had in Brawl and Melee that I just absolutely hate playing Marth when I fight against Corrin. It is so frustrating to have Corrin outrange your fair with his fair and have it be able to combo into itself with a similar knockback angle to Marth's fair in previous games. When I saw that Corrin and Bayonetta were put into the game over characters that people were actually asking for (On the internet I have only ever seen TWO people ask for Bayo before she was announced, and even after she was there were still a ton of people who were doubting she actually had the most votes anywhere).

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
Corrin was not a ballot pick, but neither was Roy. I think that Corrin was a good "advertisement choice" for DLC (though I'd prefer Inkling, who even had good ballot results), but gets a horrible rap because he/she's the sixth Fire Emblem character, and Lucina and Roy existed before his inclusion. Roy was, likewise, not a ballot choice, so I think he was the root of the problem because nobody plays him, he's rather ineffective competitively, and a straight-up Ganondorf-style clone of Marth.

But yeah, Corrin has some of the removed Marth stuff, and that's pretty lame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom