• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think I found my problem in the form of co-requisites. So, it says something like this:

CHEQ 1094 CR-4
Preparation for General Chemistry

Prerequisites: (Foundations and Pre-Calculus of Mathematics 10 with a C) or [Mathematics 10 with a C]
Co-requisites: MATQ 1093 or MATH 1093 or MATH 1117 or MATQ 1099 or ABEM 0011 or MATP 1011 or (Pre-Calculus 11 with a C) or (Principles of Mathematics 11 with a C)

This is the course I need to take to have chemistry 11 for my nursing course. I definitely have the pre requisite, and turns out I have to take MATQ 1099 alongside CHEQ 1094. Problem? I'm already upgrading to Principals 11 math right now at another school, and I'm almost finished the course. I'm starting school January, but my math course doesn't finish until the END of january. So basically the only way I'd be able to take Chem 11 in college would be to basically repeat the same math course I'm just finishing alongside chem. Which would be a waste of time and money, yet I can't take chem 11 unless I'm taking a math course also alongside it. How stupid is that? I might just go upgrade my chemistry at the same school I'm upgrading math, less of a hassle. And just take other courses in the meantime related to Psychiatric nursing at college.

Instead of just taking everything at one school, looks like I'll be taking courses at two. Inconvenient. Ugh.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I think I found my problem in the form of co-requisites. So, it says something like this:

CHEQ 1094 CR-4
Preparation for General Chemistry

Prerequisites: (Foundations and Pre-Calculus of Mathematics 10 with a C) or [Mathematics 10 with a C]
Co-requisites: MATQ 1093 or MATH 1093 or MATH 1117 or MATQ 1099 or ABEM 0011 or MATP 1011 or (Pre-Calculus 11 with a C) or (Principles of Mathematics 11 with a C)

This is the course I need to take to have chemistry 11 for my nursing course. I definitely have the pre requisite, and turns out I have to take MATQ 1099 alongside CHEQ 1094. Problem? I'm already upgrading to Principals 11 math right now at another school, and I'm almost finished the course. I'm starting school January, but my math course doesn't finish until the END of january. So basically the only way I'd be able to take Chem 11 in college would be to basically repeat the same math course I'm just finishing alongside chem. Which would be a waste of time and money, yet I can't take chem 11 unless I'm taking a math course also alongside it. How stupid is that? I might just go upgrade my chemistry at the same school I'm upgrading math, less of a hassle. And just take other courses in the meantime related to Psychiatric nursing at college.

Instead of just taking everything at one school, looks like I'll be taking courses at two. Inconvenient. Ugh.
You could probably have the credits you take at the other school substitute in place of a credit you need to take at your primary school. I did that with a few classes, try talking to your academic adviser about it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yesterday, in anatomy class, I was the only male in the classroom.

The whole day was devoted to the female reproductive system.

It was really awkward.
Dude this sounds like some sort of hentai fantasy scenario.

No other dudes... No other competition. Take advantage.

If you're feeling extra ballsy you should ask for an "anatomy study session." ;)

cannedbread

Smash Lord
lol ↑ this guy

back in high school i used to be the only guy in my yoga class

there were about 30 people in that class so yeah

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yesterday, in anatomy class, I was the only male in the classroom.

The whole day was devoted to the female reproductive system.

It was really awkward.
You should have made a lot of jokes about the female anatomy system and how you're so awesome at making it feel good.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Alright so everything is basically worked out now. I got qualifying math (which I believe is slightly harder than high school math so it's not a total waste...) qualifying chemistry, english 1100, anthropology, and waitlisted for psychology. Now the biggest problems are loans and the fact that it takes 1.5 hours to get there in Richmond each way commuting -.-

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude this sounds like some sort of hentai fantasy scenario.

No other dudes... No other competition. Take advantage.

If you're feeling extra ballsy you should ask for an "anatomy study session." ;)
I would totally do that, and I would totally get my face smacked in

If I was drunk I'd do it without hesitation. I'd most likely just make a joke about it if I was on friendly terms with a girl in the class but see how she responds and go with it from there

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm about to break up with my very first girlfriend... We've dated for a year and nearly 3 months.

My life's a mess right now and instead of trying to fix our relationship and be there for me my girlfriend would rather hang out with her new friends. She's clearly moving on and it's time for me to do the same. I'm tired of being so emotionally dependent on her.

This is gonna suck though cause I still love her and I'm really gonna miss her. She has been my only true friend this past year and I know once I break up with her I'll feel more alone than I ever have in my life. But I gotta be strong. :(

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My essay due tonight needs to be over 1000 words. Mine is 659 and that's the farthest I can get. e_e

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I left lunch at home today, and I don't feel like spending the whole day order. I did Dominoes two pizzas for 5.99 each because it seemed like a good deal, and I'd like to leave food in the freezer in case I forget lunch again(likely), I just hope my coworkers are respectful enough to leave it alone.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Lol, right your name on the box, and put a note on it saying you licked all the pieces. ;D

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I feel so friggin pathetic not being able to drive. I'm 18 and yet I feel so far behind everyone else in this category. All my friends have their license and basically openly mock me on it because I've yet to acquire mine. I have my L, but that doesn't mean much. Reason I don't have my N is due to lack of money to afford driving lessons, my parents or anyone else I know don't care enough to let me practice with their car, and I'm far too poor to even afford my own car either. Also I have a slight phobia of driving (to date, the only fear I think I have is driving).

Sucks being poor and having a hard time to find a job also, despite having good previous work experience and a very high g.p.a. Sigh. A man once said "I'd rather be a lucky man than a smart one" I'm starting to believe that. I have some very good qualities about myself (attractive, muscular, intelligent, productive) but I always feel like I'm just getting handed the short end of the stick by life cause my luck is just awfulllll. Sigh.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
While a lot of people do get their license early on, not everyone does. I didn't get mine until last week, and I'm 20.

Driving also usually is scary at first until you get used to it, and then it becomes second nature and isn't anything to worry about at all as long as you pay attention and drive carefully.

:059:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I began writing a narrative poem version of one of my stories for a class assignment and it kind of was a bigger task than I was up for. It's already due tomorrow and only have what would total as 4 pages in the format I was using.

Jet300

Smash Ace
When ever I'm trying to draw, people keep look at me instead of the drawing. It makes me feel very uncomfortable.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Been enjoying the fact that I can drive myself places now.

Then I discovered that there are a lot of drivers who don't pay attention to stuff. Almost had an accident today because of it <.<

:059:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Lately I've been acquiring dread and depression at the lack of direction and belonging in my life. I've never had much of either at all. Shed the first tear out of sadness for my life in... who knows long. And had I been alone in the house, which has been happening less and less nowadays, I probably would have truly grieved.

Perhaps it will pass, this perception of life dissipating allowing me to be content again (I'm pretty good at not feeling too down long let alone at all, hence my failure to remember the last occurrence of having truly wept). I partially blame Katawa Shoujo for this. Never intended to play a visual novel, but in recent times because I've been running out of things to do, I discovered it, and the experience of the belonging and direction and even similarities at some moments stings. All the more knowing that these are tales of high school experiences, particularly in a school with dorms, and me having passed that era of my life already unceremoniously with little to show for it. Doesn't help some of the music is really sad.

Will I ever feel what it is like to really belong somewhere? To feel a direction guiding me and progressing me? Do I have to change and have this direction to belong somewhere?

I have a feeling I just can't keep distracting myself to avoid these things indefinitely.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You actually have to do things if you're actually going to deal with depression. You need goals and things you enjoy doing. Have a plan but don't be so caught up in it that you can't enjoy what you have now.

Or you can just be sad forever, take your pick.

I'm not gonna delve too much into my own personal life because lol **** that but I will say I have been prone to ****tier moods in the past and I find the best way to fix it is not to look for some kind of entertainment or LOOOOOOVE (btw, trying to get a girl while you're not happy by yourself is stoopid), but instead just start working on ****. Can even be some simple stuff, clean up the house, work out, get a job and put some real effort into it, etc. Don't put hella deep thought into it, I have not met a whole lot of people who really had "deep" issues, usually it had more to do with their general life style than some super specific dark secret that's holding them back from greatness or some ****.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You actually have to do things if you're actually going to deal with depression. You need goals and things you enjoy doing. Have a plan but don't be so caught up in it that you can't enjoy what you have now.

Or you can just be sad forever, take your pick.

I'm not gonna delve too much into my own personal life because lol **** that but I will say I have been prone to ****tier moods in the past and I find the best way to fix it is not to look for some kind of entertainment or LOOOOOOVE (btw, trying to get a girl while you're not happy by yourself is stoopid), but instead just start working on ****. Can even be some simple stuff, clean up the house, work out, get a job and put some real effort into it, etc. Don't put hella deep thought into it, I have not met a whole lot of people who really had "deep" issues, usually it had more to do with their general life style than some super specific dark secret that's holding them back from greatness or some ****.
Yeah, I don't depend on LOOOOOOOVE and stuff, I agree that's dumb. Though entertainment is kind of what everyone is trying to get. Direction itself is a distraction, just a really good distraction due to a lot of vertical progression along with belonging because direction can easily be shared with others.

Basically direction is manifested in goals, which you mention. I mean, I don't have any. With them I'd probably be far too distracted to even for a little while feel lacking in life a lot of the time. For some reason I have issues finding one, and I wonder if I found one if I could keep it long.

I like that you say don't get too caught up in a plan to prevent from enjoying what I have now. I do enjoy what I have now, of course there are reasons why I have what I have now, and I'm not an unhappy person in general. It is just as you say, need to find something, or maybe even just try things I already know of. Something small even, like the things you spoke of.

Thanks for the words Falcon.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i just noticed how hard it is for me to focus on things

like as i'm typing this i don't even know what i am trying to even accomplish

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can two people be in a relationship if they dislike each others favorite foods?

That seems like it may come up as a problem if one wants to go to a certain restaurant or something.

IDK...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Can two people be in a relationship if they dislike each others favorite foods?

That seems like it may come up as a problem if one wants to go to a certain restaurant or something.

IDK...
This might be the silliest question about a relationship I've ever heard. Oh no you ordered something and she got something else, God help you.

But honestly, please do tell her that you think food choice might actually be a serious problem with the relationship and let us know how well that train wreck goes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never been in a relationship. I mean on a more broad thing, not the choices they order but like hating mexican food, while the other person's favorite food is mexican

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I've never been in a relationship. I mean on a more broad thing, not the choices they order but like hating mexican food, while the other person's favorite food is mexican
Then don't go to a Mexican restaurant with them? Is it so hard for them to sometimes go out with their friends to a place like that?

I know this might be shocking to some of you but a relationship is actually generally made up of two individual people with interests, interests they might not always share, so sometimes they go and have fun away from each other so they don't go bat**** insane.

Or you know, they join the giant mass of failures that is the majority of this generation who can't even turn their goddamn phone off to finish a single ****in meal.

#godblessamerica

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought a relationship was about two people that can barely stand eachother but are sad and lonely so their bare through their misery, having nothing but regrets for the rest of their life but feel they can't do any better.

Top Bottom