• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Today was my second day having my license. I drove to school just fine...until I hit a bus near the freaking parking lot. Left an ugly as hell dent in the front of my car, and when I finally parked a bunch of school officials and a police officer came to check on me. Nobody got hurt thankfully, but I started crying like a baby anyway. Didn't help today was my last day of high school ever either.

I've calmed down a lot since then, but I'm still frustrated with myself and embarrassed. Guess I wouldn't be my ADD self if I didn't do something stupid once a day. :mad:
When I was learning to drive, I broke one of my mom's car's wheels and slammed into a mail box while backing up

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It's great how this thread has way more replies than the happy thread. Mild depression is a *****. But I must stress mild.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm happy when other people are depressed. It honestly gives me some confirmation that I'm not the only one with problems. On the other hand, if I were to be in a flat with people who were climbing their careers and had solid relationships and I was the only one stuck struggling, then I would really believe that something was unquestionably wrong with me as an individual which would make me very depressed.

R0Y

Smash Master
This is a little random, but when I'm feeling down, which is often, this always cheers me up:

You are not alone.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
My apartment burned down Wednesday evening. An Electrical fire started in a near-by unit, and spread to mine, and two others. Two were completely torched, mine was severely fire damaged around the structure and balcony, and one had fire damage in the living room.

I lost about $1000 in personal property, medicine, expensive clothes, electronics, books, etc. No furniture, etc, but I cannot live here anymore as my apt was condemned due to air quality issues. The roof is torn apart, smoke is lingering, and the support is dodgy.

I have a temp housing situation until next Friday, but my landlord is shady. I have no idea if she plans on giving me my rent+security deposit back, or if she'll even put me up in a hotel. My situation is a problem because my lease is up soon. There's a good chance my apt will be condemned for several months, according to the FD. I don't really know what to do from here. e.e

R0Y

Smash Master
My apartment burned down Wednesday evening. An Electrical fire started in a near-by unit, and spread to mine, and two others. Two were completely torched, mine was severely fire damaged around the structure and balcony, and one had fire damage in the living room.

I lost about $1000 in personal property, medicine, expensive clothes, electronics, books, etc. No furniture, etc, but I cannot live here anymore as my apt was condemned due to air quality issues. The roof is torn apart, smoke is lingering, and the support is dodgy.

I have a temp housing situation until next Friday, but my landlord is shady. I have no idea if she plans on giving me my rent+security deposit back, or if she'll even put me up in a hotel. My situation is a problem because my lease is up soon. There's a good chance my apt will be condemned for several months, according to the FD. I don't really know what to do from here. e.e
Holy ****, my thoughts are with you. Sorry for your loss.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Update: Lost around $2000, actually. Plus my landlord is being extremely uncooperative.

Might just say ****it and rent a new apt elsewhere even though I'm technically still under lease. e.e

My credit score is already ****, e.e

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hope all gets better :C

It's almost 3am and i am compiling an art book that may not even get done and shipped to me by the deadline
but dammit, im gonna try my hardest to make this happen

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
**** LIFE.

I got a new job 2 weeks ago. I've had THE WORST luck. The manager that interviewed me seemed really impressed with me. His only concern was that I would be late because that's a current problem there. I am never late.

Til now. I was late for work 30mins one day, 45mins another day. I'M NEVER LATE. First time was because my bluetooth alarm clock didn't wake me up. The alarm was set, however with it being bluetooth, it plays the sound from my phone. My phone was on mute, therefore I never heard it go off and slept in, til my mom woke me up. (Thank God, otherwise I would've slept in 3 more hrs)

Second time, I got confused with the schedule. I'm used to the week beginning with Sunday, with this Schedule it starts with Monday. I glanced at the schedule before bed, saw a blank spot for "Monday" (was actually Tuesday) and slept in. Got a call 10mins after I was supposed to be there. I literally threw on my clothes and flew into my car racing to get there.

I requested Thursday off to take my ACT test. I get an email Wednesday night from the ACT telling me they rescheduled for Saturday. WTF!? I've done everything I can to get my shift tomorrow covered, nobody can. My boss is telling me I -can't- miss my shift. Are you kidding me? I have to take this test. If I score 3 points higher than my last score, I'll get an additional $18k scholarship. And he wants me to come in??? I don't know what's gonna happen now. Although I do know I won't be going to work tomorrow.

Edit: Got excused from my shift. HOWEVER, they also changed the location of the ACT test to another location with the SAME NAME as the old location, just in a different city. I didn't realize this until it was too late.
I didn't get to take the test. This was a bunch of ****ing bull****. I was SOOOO beyond pissed this morning. All this drama for NOTHING. Not to mention $200 wasted in tutoring to prepare for this damn test.

FML

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
For awhile now, I've been having trouble with my thyroid and the like, having a bunch of symptoms I didn't have as a kid. I've felt weak, tired throughout the day, my memory has gotten worse (recently got diagnosed with ADD, but that's besides the point), and have felt like I've gotten hit by a truck. I've been taking medication to lessen those symptoms, but they haven't gone entirely away of course. Plus, not too many months ago I started feeling very moody because I haven't eaten meals on time or such...In fact, only minutes ago I felt like screaming at my mother because she was asking me to do chores and take care of college stuff. Not gonna lie...I'm stressed about what the future holds in store for me, but I feel like I've been overreacting. I don't think teenage hormones are the main cause of it all.

That being said, a while back one of my doctors said I was having thyroid trouble. Just last Thursday I had an appointment and when I told her what had been happening with me recently, she asked me if my family had a history of diabetes (I said no) and then sent me to get lab work in order to check my glucose levels. I haven't gotten my results back yet, but there's a possibility I could have diabetes...I haven't been taking care of myself like I should. What's wrong with me?

Dur hurr hurr...No wonder you feel like ****, Pega!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason Wreck it Ralph seems extremely relevant to the state in my life right now

My last birthday was the first that really hit me I guess. Sort of like the game's anniversary in Wreck it Ralph

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For awhile now, I've been having trouble with my thyroid and the like, having a bunch of symptoms I didn't have as a kid. I've felt weak, tired throughout the day, my memory has gotten worse (recently got diagnosed with ADD, but that's besides the point), and have felt like I've gotten hit by a truck. I've been taking medication to lessen those symptoms, but they haven't gone entirely away of course. Plus, not too many months ago I started feeling very moody because I haven't eaten meals on time or such...In fact, only minutes ago I felt like screaming at my mother because she was asking me to do chores and take care of college stuff. Not gonna lie...I'm stressed about what the future holds in store for me, but I feel like I've been overreacting. I don't think teenage hormones are the main cause of it all.

That being said, a while back one of my doctors said I was having thyroid trouble. Just last Thursday I had an appointment and when I told her what had been happening with me recently, she asked me if my family had a history of diabetes (I said no) and then sent me to get lab work in order to check my glucose levels. I haven't gotten my results back yet, but there's a possibility I could have diabetes...I haven't been taking care of myself like I should. What's wrong with me?
Well, just curious, is it type 1 or type 2?

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Well, just curious, is it type 1 or type 2?
Well, my mother called the people in the Endocrinology Department and apparently my results came back fine. Bull crap. Its not that I want something to be wrong with me, but there's something going on. I feel really...odd at times, weak even.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, my mother called the people in the Endocrinology Department and apparently my results came back fine. Bull crap. Its not that I want something to be wrong with me, but there's something going on. I feel really...odd at times, weak even.
:(

Go and post in the Happy Thread now because your heart is filled with rainbows! I won't tolerate a member of the Horde suffering like this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel everything about ME is just wrong and it's too late in my life to correct it

I kind of wish there was some kind of reset button to redo everything.

Though I've felt this way for a very long time now, since I was like 18. And that was 10 years ago

I guess I was sort of right back then. With my beliefs and ideas and the direction my life was going there really wasn't any way to get what I wanted out of life.

My head is just messed up, I'm not exactly sure what is right or wrong anymore other than obvious extremes

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If you started all over, are you sure you wouldn't end up thinking everything was wrong again and that it'd be too late to fix it? Would you really have any better of an idea on what is right or wrong in that reset-life? And if so, are those things you'd acquire in that life impossible to achieve in yours right now, or in the future? And if not, what's preventing that from being possible?

Are you sure it's not just your perspective? What is the metric you're using to decide what is right or wrong, for what end is the entirety of your qualities wrong for? Is this a necessary end? Are these traits necessary? Just like a man being reset into a child with foresight granted from memories of a different life, isn't the process of change the same for you, as in, putting yourself in circumstances that build you into not what you are but what you wish to be?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My dad got mad at me today. He says I should be able to say I can do anything in interviews, and I still haven't wrote an e-mail picking majors for grad school and reasons why. He tells me to follow my dreams and going to grad school is one of them. Problem is, I don't see how grad school will help me "follow my dreams," and it's because I don't know what my dreams are. Sure, I think it would be awesome to work for Nintendo or Disney one day or to work in some type of role within the animation industry. However, I still have trouble knowing what is it specifically I should pursue doing, and I don't see how signing up for grad school is going to help when I'd probably have to borrow tens of thousands of dollars just to go to school for for reasons I'm not sure of. I'd be more okay with it if I knew why I want to go to grad school. The problem is, I have no desire to go to school when I'm uncertain about my reasons to go besides my parents telling me to.

Also, my sister-in-law wants to set me up with some person she met online but has never met.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My dad got mad at me today. He says I should be able to say I can do anything in interviews, and I still haven't wrote an e-mail picking majors for grad school and reasons why. He tells me to follow my dreams and going to grad school is one of them. Problem is, I don't see how grad school will help me "follow my dreams," and it's because I don't know what my dreams are. Sure, I think it would be awesome to work for Nintendo or Disney one day or to work in some type of role within the animation industry. However, I still have trouble knowing what is it specifically I should pursue doing, and I don't see how signing up for grad school is going to help when I'd probably have to borrow tens of thousands of dollars just to go to school for for reasons I'm not sure of. I'd be more okay with it if I knew why I want to go to grad school. The problem is, I have no desire to go to school when I'm uncertain about my reasons to go besides my parents telling me to.

Also, my sister-in-law wants to set me up with some person she met online but has never met.

if you are going into the entertainment industry, i would hold off on getting a masters degree until you 1. have some experience under your belt 2. until you want to move on in the job front (be an art lead/director/etc, college instructor, etc). More school for this industry =/= you'll have a leg up.

your info says youre in cali - you have a leg up on a lot of people just because of location.

could i ask what role you'd like in the industry/what experience you have/etc?

I'm currently a newbie grad getting ready to go into the games industry and have a lot of tricks and tips at my disposal for people wanting to go into this industry. Lemme know!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
if you are going into the entertainment industry, i would hold off on getting a masters degree until you 1. have some experience under your belt 2. until you want to move on in the job front (be an art lead/director/etc, college instructor, etc). More school for this industry =/= you'll have a leg up.

your info says youre in cali - you have a leg up on a lot of people just because of location.

could i ask what role you'd like in the industry/what experience you have/etc?

I'm currently a newbie grad getting ready to go into the games industry and have a lot of tricks and tips at my disposal for people wanting to go into this industry. Lemme know!
As I said, I still have trouble thinking of a specific role I want to do. It's true that I have some advantage due to being in California. However, I'm in Northern California and most of the industry is 6 hours south of where I live for now. The only experience I have is 6 months interning at a community access television station doing video editing, some filming, and ingesting shows onto their system. I also enjoy writing, but I haven't had any professional experience...just writing for fun and for classes. I figure it would be good to learn different roles.

R0Y

Smash Master
Yikes...looks like its the fast food graveyard shift for me....

I really don't want to be doing this when I'm older...maybe it'll kick my post-secondary ass into gear.

D

Deleted member

I constantly feel like I'm useless, worthless, unintelligent trash.

I am bluntly pessimistic, cynical, and sociopathic to my core.

I've never had anything more than situational acquaintances and probably never will.

All I've ever known since severe depression in the 4th grade is pain, sorrow and hatred.

I've never had a job and don't think I'll ever be capable of being hired.

I'm seriously considering suicide and almost tried it yesterday.

If I had the means or resources to make my death absolutely certain, I would've killed myself years ago.

:crying:

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

I've never had anything more than situational acquaintances and probably never will.

All I've ever known since severe depression in the 4th grade is pain, sorrow and hatred. I've never had a job and don't think I'll ever be capable of being hired.

If I had the means or resources to make my death absolutely certain, I would've killed myself years ago.

I don't know what one could possibly say to any and all of what you've said, although I suppose it's the mere saying that is most important. First off, I think anyone who says they are useless, worthless, and unintelligent are to some degree if not wholly coming from a place of ignorance. People are bunches of qualities and no quality can be described without detailing what it can do in order to be itself, its potential. The thing about that though is it is an impossible feat to really know what your mind and body is capable of. You can think all you like that you've a pretty good idea, but you'd only be using the knowledge and experience you've gained to be making judgments about a large array of "yous" that have more to them than you're capable of grasping by virtue of not being those potentials. If you see yourself as weak, those are observations of qualities you have. Even those can be of use as they are without alteration, all weakness implies strength and vise versa because each quality or even the lack of a quality allows for possibilities that wouldn't exist if the seemingly more preferable status existed.

To know thyself is the most difficult and important task of one's life and even when you die you'll have failed but it is something everyone still must do if they wish to avoid despair.

You believe you're useless? To what ends? Do those ends matter? And is something capable of not being useless not truly useless by definition? And what of unintelligence? Does THAT really matter? And doesn't things like memory retention and aptitude to being intuitive to a degree depend on changeable factors like interest, stimulation, and effort?

At any rate, I can sympathize with the acquaintance and unintelligent aspects, in fact they kind of go hand in hand for me. During my salad days I'd cycle through various best friends and such things, but at this point in time I cannot for the life of me hold any or almost zero remembrance of my interactions with them. Surely they existed, right? And if they did, were they so hollow and insignificant that my brain did not bother to take a tight grip to keep hold of through the passages of time? The result is no attachment to reconnect, if there was ever any connection, and any attempts comes up with disappointment when it becomes apparent that the things they enjoyed or cared about in our supposed conversations are completely lost on me, totally forgotten. At this point in time, I spend nearly 100% of my days inside and I go weeks or months not reaching out or being reached out to, not that I'm consciously lamenting over such a fact, it simply is. My apathy is the source and it's self-perpetuating, unless I find someway to make myself care, to be useful, to not be cynical, sociopathic, unintelligent, I'll continue to lose interest in ever changing and even become worse at the transition as I lose touch more and more which in turns furthers my disinterest in helping myself. I know the "trick" to fixing my problems, and yet I'm so spoiled/sheltered I cannot be bothered.

Nor could I ever be arsed to end my life, but you, you consider it because you have a distinct and known desire to become better. Trying to commit suicide is a declaration that one cares or wishes to care, otherwise such an attempt wouldn't have ever come into being through any sort of energy. I've never had a job either and my future is so uncertain and bleak in that respect that I can only bear consciousness if I can find some way of turning a blind eye and any mention of it by others makes me sick and any mention of it by myself reveals that right beneath my skin there's a bubbling mess of emotions waiting to swallow my voice and any of its utterances. I don't know who you are and I'm sure you've suffered much more than I ever have, but it is for that very reason I think you can do it. I cannot lie, this is not coming from a person in your position nor the position that you wish to go, so I can't give you any answers or echos, so I can only hope that whatever blocks of text I just typed out holds any sort of meaning to you at all.

You can do it TSO. ^_^ You just don't know it yet.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm sad about the US losing in the WC. Now that both El Tri and US are out, I've lost the will of excitement that the WC brings.

All I've ever known since severe depression in the 4th grade is pain, sorrow and hatred.

I've never had a job and don't think I'll ever be capable of being hired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom