• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
but I actually like Smash 4, Falcon.

I just acknowledge that Melee and PM are slightly better from a mechanical standpoint. Surely you're not gonna give me **** for this, are you?
Strawberry Smoothie you just opened the floodgates.

****in /out

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
but I actually like Smash 4, Falcon.

I just acknowledge that Melee and PM are slightly better from a mechanical standpoint. Surely you're not gonna give me **** for this, are you?

Smooth Criminal
"Slightly".

Smooth pls.

But on a serious note it's kinda silly trying to label me as a troll. I'm speaking my mind. I mean if you think I'm an ass or w/e, cool. Trolling is a different thing though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is the redditmemeletroll generation, it's like having having 13yo boys who go out to house parties where they drink soda trying to kiss a girl somehow ending up in a swing club.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
He never said anything about people who ALSO like Melee. Just people who like Smash 4 but dislike 4.
So that means I'm a good person? Aw yeaahh :p

People these days see "trolling" as harsh critique or language. Basically if it hurts their feelings or makes them question their preconceptions, it's "trolling." All people want is a sounding board that repeats their opinions back at them, they don't want actual discussion.
The funny thing is that I found Falcons comment:

lmao passive aggressive insults make you a keyboard warrior too LOL xD xD
To be true and Funny at the same time, which is why I responded with "Ayy Lmao XD" lel :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Okay, maybe more than just "slightly" better. Still, though. I do legitimately enjoy Smash 4.

*shrugs.*

But I dunno, I'd rather save my abrasive, thought-provoking tone for something other than preferences in video games.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
People these days see "trolling" as harsh critique or language. Basically if it hurts their feelings or makes them question their preconceptions, it's "trolling." All people want is a sounding board that repeats their opinions back at them, they don't want actual discussion.
Then again, being rude doesnt accomplish much besides making the other side angry and much less willing to actually think about the argument, so its not exactly just stating a harsh opinion and expecting people not to be angry, especially if its specificaly targeted at another persons opinion/subject of choice ("game you like is ****" isnt very constructive, I dare to say it could go under provocation). Gotta remember your manners. Like a gentleman.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Then again, being rude doesnt accomplish much besides making the other side angry and much less willing to actually think about the argument, so its not exactly just stating a harsh opinion and expecting people not to be angry, especially if its specificaly targeted at another persons opinion/subject of choice ("game you like is ****" isnt very constructive, I dare to say it could go under provocation). Gotta remember your manners. Like a gentleman.
Sorry, sorry. You're right, I need to remember my manners like a le gentleman, sir. *tips fedora* /dripping with sarcasm

You're new to the internet, aren't you? Ironclad feelings are a must. If you're legitimately bothered by Falcon's posts, grow up.

T

Trick or Treat

I like Smash 4 better because I don't give a **** about the competitive aspect or mechanics. I play Smash Bros for fun; items on high, wild and dynamic stages, and now 8-player smash. That's what I find fun. Other people find the more competitive scene fun and that's fine. In that aspect, Melee is better.

Look at me being all badass, using a semicolon. Probably incorrectly.

This, though. So true.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Sorry, sorry. You're right, I need to remember my manners like a le gentleman, sir. *tips fedora* /dripping with sarcasm

You're new to the internet, aren't you? Ironclad feelings are a must. If you're legitimately bothered by Falcon's posts, grow up.
Again, rather unnecessary behaviour. I wasnt bothered myself but he did bother other people visibly. Just because its internet doesnt mean you can just be an ass, tough skin is necessary but everyone has theyr limits, especially on a board dedicated to a kids game with many underage users, isnt it your job to keep things clean here? If you base your behaviour on how you act on the web, then good luck with that.

*tips fedora*

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I like Smash 4 better because I don't give a **** about the competitive aspect or mechanics. I play Smash Bros for fun; items on high, wild and dynamic stages, and now 8-player smash. That's what I find fun. Other people find the more competitive scene fun and that's fine. In that aspect, Melee is better.

Look at me being all badass, using a semicolon. Probably incorrectly.
Which is fine! If that's what you enjoy, that's what you enjoy. I fully agree that in terms of "craziness" for casual play, 8 player smashes can't be beat.

And I'm not quite sure if that's incorrect. Maybe a regular colon would have worked?

Again, rather unnecessary behaviour. I wasnt bothered myself but he did bother other people visibly. Just because its internet doesnt mean you can just be an ***, tough skin is necessary but everyone has theyr limits, especially on a board dedicated to a kids game with many underage users, isnt it your job to keep things clean here? If you base your behaviour on how you act on the web, then good luck with that.

*tips fedora*
If you weren't bothered by it, then why are you even arguing this? Let other people defend themselves; don't be a white knight.

My "job" here is to keep discussion from spiraling out of control and from getting into personal flaming attacks. I also remove inappropriate content. Typically I keep a very light hand on discussion here, and it works; people want a more spammy, "general" board here, and activity has been way up since I've backed off.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Which is fine! If that's what you enjoy, that's what you enjoy. I fully agree that in terms of "craziness" for casual play, 8 player smashes can't be beat.

And I'm not quite sure if that's incorrect. Maybe a regular colon would have worked?

If you weren't bothered by it, then why are you even arguing this? Let other people defend themselves; don't be a white knight.

My "job" here is to keep discussion from spiraling out of control and from getting into personal flaming attacks. I also remove inappropriate content. Typically I keep a very light hand on discussion here, and it works; people want a more spammy, "general" board here, and activity has been way up since I've backed off.
Quite honestly it was more of an argument about the message I quoted than the specific incident, though it served as good example. Im not defending anyone (and I agree that overreacting to comments by random strangers on the internet is also very bad and does nothing for the discussion), just wanted to clear some things up and have a happy time in the unhappy thread.

Im not sure myself why I came here.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Falcon isn't a troll, he's just misunderstood.
I really don't think it's misunderstanding as much as it is people liking to reach for a label that isn't just a direct insult of my actual beliefs. Call me a troll and it's not even really insulting me as a person, just putting some cheap sticker on my ****in forehead that could be peeled off at any time. Look guys, I'm not mean anymore, let's take the sticker off!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh, definitely agreed. So much stupid stuff that happens out of nowhere. I mean going slow and steady helps (as it should in DS games), but you still get blindsided or pull in a big crowd.
Bleh. Hexers. I just severely dislike anything other than the melee combat. Magic is too... Idk. The melee combat is too good for me to pass up.
I'm thinking of doing a double Dragon's Tooth NG+ playthrough soon.
Bad PvP perhaps? I always used a little bit of both, I feel unconfortable not having melee options (especially in DS1)
I actually made a character where I powerstanced Smelter Swords, and it was glorious.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Bad PvP perhaps? I always used a little bit of both, I feel unconfortable not having melee options (especially in DS1)
I actually made a character where I powerstanced Smelter Swords, and it was glorious.
Nah, I've just never liked using magic systems in Souls games. I go melee only, minus pyromancy NG+ experiments.

And wow. Yeah, that smelter build does sound glorious. You used the Smelter armor, right? Right?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nah, I've just never liked using magic systems in Souls games. I go melee only, minus pyromancy NG+ experiments.
And wow. Yeah, that smelter build does sound glorious. You used the Smelter armor, right? Right?
No, I needed to be able to roll. Even if I took off the butt Helmet, I would still thud to the ground horribly, and this would make me sad.

D

Deleted member 269706

It took 213 pages before this thread went to hell. New record.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No, I needed to be able to roll. Even if I took off the butt Helmet, I would still thud to the ground horribly, and this would make me sad.
Aw, that sounds tragic as hell. Too bad equipment load limits are so low unless you dump a ton of stats.

I mean, I know why they're like that! Can't have Havels fast rolling. But still.

It took 213 pages before this thread went to hell. New record.
It started in hell and never left.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really hate Christmas and I wish the weather would cancel my flight. Looks like it will clear up until I am in the air.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
As a native from Minnesota, I don't remember having a snowy winter this year. The average temperature was above 32ºF, and a lot of times it was just rain falling out of the sky, it did sleet this week, though. The weather should take a nosedive in January, so we'll expect snowy showers!

Not only for this weather, but I'm kind of sad that I'm not really the good Smash player. I'm always the first to fall in most online friend rooms, so I'm trying to practice for combos, but not really affective for me.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, my Christmas was ruined. Apparently my younger brother invited 5 friends and 3 strangers to party during his week alone at home, and they stole my sister-in-law's laptop as well as my mom's work laptop. We got names, brother reported to police with numbers, and obviously a lot of tension during this tour. Later during the day, my brother reveals he knew his Xbox 360 and Xbone were stolen, but he didn't tell us because he didn't think we'd care. Just now he revealed he had not one, but TWO parties, and he only revealed names from the later party. As far as I know, I got lucky because my secondary laptop and Wii U were not stolen, but I'll have to wait until I get home to thoroughly check my room to see if anything else was taken. I'm glad I wasn't able to get Smash with the GC adapter because those could have been stolen given how hard they are to get. Meanwhile, it could involve the FBI since my mom's laptop could access the company's network if they knew how to hack in, and it could lead to many identities and personal information being stolen. My mom could potentially lose her job because of this. I have a feeling my brother is still hiding stuff...

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you are having a better one than my family.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Can anyone explain how I can go from being really happy, to all of a sudden ome minute becoming sad? And not even knowing *exactly* what is causing me to feel this way?

I know part of it is my insecurity but there's likely more.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Can anyone explain how I can go from being really happy, to all of a sudden ome minute becoming sad? And not even knowing *exactly* what is causing me to feel this way?

“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh

What you describe is me all day every day. You may be able to find the answer by tracing back everything you experienced between the point of being happy and the point of being sad. Think about the background (unconscious) thoughts that you were having. There's always a rational explanation.

Edit: Also one's hormonal, neural-chemical makeup can be quite sensitive and is often in constant fluctuation. Diet (what one eats and how often), physical activity levels, social interaction, atmosphere, time of day, weather and sleep (what time of day and how long) can easily affect the balance.

Edit Edit: Me personally; it took me a long time to realize just how sensitive I was to an empty stomach and the types of food I eat. On an empty stomach I am far more likely to express shyness and introverted characteristics. Not to mention irritability. Nutritional foods--especially meat--put me in the greatest of moods, and I tend to be far more social and productive after consuming them.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

I suggest seeing a therapist if it truly bothers you. They really do help.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
So freaking frustrated. I recently got a brand new harddrive becuase my old one got attacked by Trojan viruses and malware and was made useless, luckily I was able to get my files saved and moved. Despite being prepared by buying antivirus on my new harddrive suddenly the Trojan viruses are attacking my new build once again and I dont know what to do at this point. I feel like ive wasted all my time and money to end up back at square one yet again. Computer shop, antivirus, freaking worthless. Ive got too many important personal information to start without a backup. Ive done the same thing I do everyday on the computer and I just dont understand how it came back. Im just so angry, I wanna cry...

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Every night I go to bed promising myself to be a new person, yet the next night I got to bed with the same promise, until it goes on forever and ever and I just give up and become depressed.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So freaking frustrated. I recently got a brand new harddrive becuase my old one got attacked by Trojan viruses and malware and was made useless, luckily I was able to get my files saved and moved. Despite being prepared by buying antivirus on my new harddrive suddenly the Trojan viruses are attacking my new build once again and I dont know what to do at this point. I feel like ive wasted all my time and money to end up back at square one yet again. Computer shop, antivirus, freaking worthless. Ive got too many important personal information to start without a backup. Ive done the same thing I do everyday on the computer and I just dont understand how it came back. Im just so angry, I wanna cry...
The new computer has trojans because you copied the trojans to it. Your files are likely infected (depending which trojan/malware it is), and all you did was infect the computer.

Best bet is to determine what is really absolutely irreplaceably important. Run as many virus scanners on those files, then put them on Dropbox, then purge everything. If it happens, again, do it with Linux.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The computer shop told me that the screen they ordered for my computer was defective so they're waiting for the second one to come and it'll probably get here in the middle of next week. That sucks balls.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Guess who is stupid enough to spin in a computer chair/office chair until they feel dizzy and almost throw up? Me...

I lost a friend on Christmas, this could go either way, happy or sad thread because I'm both.
This "Friend" had treated me like crap for the past 2 years and I finally cracked. Two nights ago he said something that hit me like a brick. "If my friends don't want to be friends with me any more, I don't care." Him and I had said good times and I'm going to miss it even though he has said things along those lines before.

I know someone is going to reply saying it is good to leave this person behind me because they made me feel that bad... I don't understand why I'm a little sad either, Did I just get used to it and learned to look past the bad times and at the good?

D

Deleted member 269706

"They say when a person dies and no one will miss them, the mourning is assigned to a random human. This is why you sometimes just feel sad."

I know the feeling you're talking about, I had it all summer. After a lot of searching, I found it was based on my insecurities and lack of faith in myself. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't fun. I still haven't rid myself of the feeling, but I've been getting closer...

In other news, I gots a sinus infection

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Is it safe to come in yet, or are people still waiting to pounce anyone who's vulnerable?

I'm tired of putting on a fake happy face and trying to steel myself to the benefit of everyone else and to the detriment of my own health, both mental and physical, but if I'm going to get stabbed the moment I take it off, I'll live with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom