• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Up-B Recovery Interesting Find

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
Im sorry guys I do not have a video of this but please bare with me. I was in a 1 on 1 match on Norfair, I got the smash ball and used my FS. The Ice Mountain came up but there was no wear to stand so my IC started to slide to death. I used my up+b to connect to the little ledge (D.1)
____ ^
____/X\
___/XXX\-(D.1) <---The little platform ledge (too little to stand on but you can hang from.)
__/XXXXX\
_/XXXXXXX\
./XXXXXXXX\ ^^^^^^ <----Doom

____ ^
____/X\
___/XXX\-(D.1) <---Now cause of the up+b nana (1 IC) connects to the little ledge (D.1)
__/XXXXX\
_/XXXXXXX\
./XXXXXXXX\ ^^^^^^ <----Doom

But this is were it gets interesting... Nana continued to hand from the ledge with the lifeline (white rope) still connected to popo.... but popo doesn't shoot to connect to nana like he usually does...

____ ^
____/X\
___/XXX\-(D.1) <---Nana Hanging
__/XXXXX\
_/XXXXXXX\(D.2)<------popo slowly sliding down mountain with lifeline on...
./XXXXXXXX\ ^^^^^^

Popo slowly slides down the mountain at (D.2), now, I'm thinking the game is just laggin and at any moment the lifeline will push popo back to nana... or snap and popo will fall to his doom. But then thats when I discovered something. If I didn't do something I was a dead man because I continued to fall closer to doom... so my first instinct was to press the jump button...your not going to believe what happened.

Popo started to walk his cute little self up the mountain (no joke). At first I was only slowing down my death because I wasn't pressing jump fast enough. But then I actually started to move up the mountain of Ice when I pressed the jump button faster(also, it might have been the A button...) I kept gaining aptitude and I was like 0_0 cool!... but then the lifeline snapped. I think I could have lived if I had started to press jump faster than I did... I mean I didn't press anything for like 4 whole seconds...

Anyways this is just something that happened to me.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone, but It would be real nice if somone could record it and upload it so other could have an idea... Im sorry I dont have the means to do this myself...

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
My goodness, that is cute. Really useful as well, Ice Climbers just keep looking better and better.

Top Bottom