• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The uptilt is fox's second best attack

Killress

Smash Ace
I dunno if there's really a "best attack". Depending on your position compared to your opponent, other attacks can be better than others.

It is all situational.

Metà

Smash Master
Shine and up-smash are undoubtedly his two best moves.

Up-tilt is good, but it's good in its own situations, the same way u-air, b-air, n-air, blaster, and jab are.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
imo...

best special move : shine. Blaster is great too

best smash attack : upsmash

best aerial : All of his aerials are awesome, maybe except fair. Well, is hard to decide here, idk I'll just say uair since is the most powerfull and overused (along with up-throw) for easy kills.

best grab : up-throw of course

best tilt: Fox has pretty good tills, f-tilt is great for edgeguarding and sometimes for comboing -yeah, believe it >_>- d-tilt is a good juggler but is more situational. Finally, up-tilt is the best because it can do as well as both of the previous tilts and the knockback is perfect for combos and stuff.

EDIT: Shine is the best move, no doubt. Then comes upsmash and then maybe uptilt.

okiyama

Smash Ace
imagine trying to win a game with just the shine. pretty impossible. upsmash i think is his second best, then his u tilt
Not really, You can take off entire stocks with just shine easily but a match qould be hard. Not impossible though.

Up-tilt combos well but I was playing some melee and I was noticing that the jab is VERY good. I would mix things up with it and the lag after it has an added lag from the players thought lag which I like to call "WTF lag". With WTF lag factored in you can easily get a grab or an up smash or something off of a jab.

I'd argue that up throw is better than up tilt beacuse it can combo into the up air easily against most characters which does a ton of damage.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Not really, You can take off entire stocks with just shine easily but a match qould be hard. Not impossible though.

Up-tilt combos well but I was playing some melee and I was noticing that the jab is VERY good. I would mix things up with it and the lag after it has an added lag from the players thought lag which I like to call "WTF lag". With WTF lag factored in you can easily get a grab or an up smash or something off of a jab.

I'd argue that up throw is better than up tilt beacuse it can combo into the up air easily against most characters which does a ton of damage.
Jab isn't that good because of the metagame developement. I play Marths that CC jabs into grabs - and take your stock for that one jab.

okiyama

Smash Ace
F Tilts are actually kinda good just kinda mind games though... people usually don't expect fox to have that kinda range. UTilts definitely better though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Uthrow doesn't count, and you have to bait the usmash or throw into it. If you miss, you'll get super combo ***** because he's a fastfaller.

I like Utilt because even if you miss like 4 times you can shine or run away or something.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I love this attack. not only does it have KO power ( especially on those Peaches, who give us a hefty punishment for missing L-cancels), but it comboes into Fox's lethal Uair and Usmash. In CK's guide I read that Fox has 4 "most feared moves." These being the 2 I just mentioned, the blaster and the shine. I would definitely make this the 5th.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I love this attack. not only does it have KO power ( especially on those Peaches, who give us a hefty punishment for missing L-cancels), but it comboes into Fox's lethal Uair and Usmash. In CK's guide I read that Fox has 4 "most feared moves." These being the 2 I just mentioned, the blaster and the shine. I would definitely make this the 5th.
1) Uthrow->uair or drillshine usmash are both more than enough to handle Peach. Utilt won't kill her until she's over 120 on most levels.

2) Utilt doesn't combo into usmash on Peach...lol. Unless shes at 20% or something. If she's in the air though, just nair combo.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Didn't mean that it comboes into the Usmash on Peach. Guess I should have made 2 different sentences. With it's quick come out time, it could catch a Peach by surprise in case she ends up behind you for the kill.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
After reading this thread I started using u-tilt more. And my friends like, "hey you started using u-tilt more" and I was like. "yeah u-tilt is good"

Top Bottom