• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Way of the Ninja: A Sheik Guide (just updated)

Xu2

Smash Rookie
Very awesome guide.
just one suggestion.

Can you go more indepth to how to perform the Shino Stall.
im having trouble pulling it off.

If theres anyhting that you can tell/show me that would help id much appreciate it.
Thanks

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Sheik got way nerfed in Brawl. And I think you overstate the usefulness of shino stalling and double vanish. As someone has mentioned you can get edgehogged and then punished rather easily out of the shino stall if you're fighting an experienced player. It's also possible to get edgehogged from the double vanish. Reverse needles is a much better way to get on the ledge. Also the chain can be DI'd back onto the stage and you almost always have better options when edgeguarding. I personally prefer Plairnkk's guide, it's just my opinion though. You clearly put a lot of work into it so I applaud that.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
what i'm trying to ask is do i still use the same moves i would use in this strategy in brawl?
like are the tilts (f-tilt), aerials (F-air) still as useful and awesome?

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
what i'm trying to ask is do i still use the same moves i would use in this strategy in brawl?
like are the tilts (f-tilt), aerials (F-air) still as useful and awesome?
No. Sheik has neither a strong killing move or a good way to wrack up damage. It's similar to melee except now the game mechanics make her much less effective at everything. Since everyone lives to high hundred percents, she has a very tough time killing. And since DI is so pronounced you basically can't combo. In melee sheik relied on being able to flow into "natural combos" but the physics in brawl make that no longer possible. On the plus side, Zelda is way better now.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to say b/c Brawl is so different. Possibly Metaknight because he can still combo to some extent. You should really just try it out for yourself and see what happens.

Top Bottom