• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Questions/Comments? Ask to be added to our Skype chat: http://www.smashboards.com/sendmessage.php?do=im&type=skype&u=142136

or Join the Melee Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMISmash

Up-coming Tournaments

House Tourney: Red Edition (Muskegon, MI)(June 15)
https://www.facebook.com/events/186607074831733/
Smashfests

Lordhelmet Smashfest (May 31)

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Damnittom
-and-
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrawlPrincess

Player Directory

[collapse=]
Rockford:
L_Cancel (Brawl, PM)

Grand Rapids:
lordhelmet (Brawl, PM)
TBird (Brawl, PM)
CockSock (Brawl, PM)
Hyde (Brawl)
Vox (Brawl)
Sarix (PM)
Torvus (PM)
,..., (PM/Melee)
McKillington (PM)
Coldcut (PM)
Fishnax - (Melee/PM)
Shocksauce - (Melee, PM)
Doberboy - (PM)
BFlake (Brawl, PM)

East Lansing
fZk (PM, Brawl)
Marco (Brawl, 64)
goddy (Brawl)
Josh (Brawl)

Muskegon:
Amity (Brawl)
Jawsome (PM, Brawl)
Red (PM, Brawl)
Legit (Tom) (Brawl, PM)
Tired (Brawl)
Salty (PM, Brawl)
Sophy (PM, Brawl)
Leo (PM, Brawl)
Smalls (PM)
A2 (PM)

Traverse City Area
rsr2 - (Brawl, PM)
Highawk - (Brawl, PM)
Heartless/jewswag - (Brawl)
Halluraka - (Brawl)
Captain Rainbowz - (Brawl)
Princess Ginger - (Brawl)
Mana X (PM)

Ludington
Robjoe - (PM)
Flan~ - (PM)

Manistee
Super (PM)

Kalamazoo
Artificial Flavour - (Melee/PM)
Rh1thmz - (Melee)
Zbet - (Melee)
General Heinz - (Melee)

Holland
BBQ (Melee)

[/collapse]

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Lordhelmet's Tourney Results

[collapse=2/18]
http://smashboards.com/threads/lordys-monthly-v6-results-grand-rapids-mi-2-16-13.334264/

1. Ally :mk::snake: ($51)
2. Zinoto :diddy: ($25.50)
3. L_Cancel :olimar: ($8.50)
[/collapse]

[collapse=1/26]

1. L_Cancel :olimar: ($66)
2. fZk :diddy: ($33)
3. Tech_Chase :warrio2::ddd: ($11)

[collapse=12/15]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330961

1: L_Cancel :olimar: ($30)
2: Lordhelmet :metaknight::falcon: ($15)
3: fZk :diddy: ($5)
[/collapse]

[collapse=11/17]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15068412

1: Ally ($33.00) :metaknight::falco::snake:
2: L_Cancel ($16.50) :olimar:
3: Ori_Bro ($5.50) :olimar::metaknight:
[/collapse]

[collapse=10/13]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328717

1. Zinoto :diddy:
2. L_Cancel :olimar: :popo:
3. Roller :popo:
[/collapse]

[collapse=9/1]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327346

1. L_Cancel :olimar:
2. fZk :diddy:
3. Tech_Chase :dedede: :wario:
[/collapse]

fZk

Smash Lord
Good stuff Tom. Unfortunately this is too far for me but hopefully these are successful and you get new players and practice.

You're quickly turning into one on of my favorite new smashers. Good luck.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Good stuff Tom. Unfortunately this is too far for me but hopefully these are successful and you get new players and practice.

You're quickly turning into one on of my favorite new smashers. Good luck.
Too f-you're in East Lansing. That's a full hour less driving than I would have to do to make this.

As such, not promising my attendance every week, but I'll shoot for bi-weekly, depending on being able to get a job and supporting this addiction. Thursdays are... weird.

That all said I've been shooting this idea in the West MI Skype chat, would have been nice to know you were working on this, Tom. Not that this is a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination. I hope this helps the Muskegon and GR players thrive.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
well thanks for the complements. Also Its Thursdays because Fridays ive been told are very busy and I only have Thursdays and Fridays off from work so that left us with Thursday, but it would be mostly just smash going on

Amity

Sadboi
Switch FC
SW-0822-7258-0511
Good stuff Tom, im glad to see you're helping out the smash community. I wish i could come, but i work full time MON-FRI =/ I hope this grows.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
It woud be cool if SE MI came out to these once. But nonetheless, good stuff dude this is how you guys get better.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
There is no real ending date but come the fall I have class until 9:30 Thursdays, so someone else would need to take over

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I believe my fridays are clear as well. This should happen!

Tom you guys should start using Skynet as the tournament place for your own tourneys not just Skynet tourneys. I think that would be great because it would split the load of tourneys between both sides of the state. Maybe pick something up in the Fall/Winter.

Skynet would love seeing people come in. Especially with a $5 door fee that would go to you and them.
:phone:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I believe my fridays are clear as well. This should happen!

Tom you guys should start using Skynet as the tournament place for your own tourneys not just Skynet tourneys. I think that would be great because it would split the load of tourneys between both sides of the state. Maybe pick something up in the Fall/Winter.

Skynet would love seeing people come in. Especially with a $5 door fee that would go to you and them.
Thats actually my eventual plan but I want to grow the scene here some more first. I want West MI to someday be just as competitive as East MI. I want MI to have 2 sub regions between the East and West where we can have crew battles and a rivalry between both sides of the state. plus I think West MI tourneys, if hype enough would have a better chance at pulling people from Chicago similar to how East MI pulls rep from Ohio

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'm only salty 'cause you pulled a Ludington. You did the thing where it's actually called a Ludington now. I almost had a new Smasher and he ran off to California when I said the locals we were based in Ludington.

But yeah I actually just want to get good enough to, y'know, beat you and stuff. You know how it is.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I have some bad news, I miss understood Skynet's venue fee, they want to charge $5 per person, Im sorry if this causes any in-convinces Notice, I added an incentive for drivers.

Sorry about the confusion I am very sorry, but hopefully it was caught soon enough

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
5 dollars to play ata venue like that is really good for the amoutn of time you're getting. Still a really good thing you're doing here

SporT my KankeR

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If I lived in West MI, I would not mind paying $5 to get a solid few hours of practice every couple weeks.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Thats actually my eventual plan but I want to grow the scene here some more first. I want West MI to someday be just as competitive as East MI. I want MI to have 2 sub regions between the East and West where we can have crew battles and a rivalry between both sides of the state. plus I think West MI tourneys, if hype enough would have a better chance at pulling people from Chicago similar to how East MI pulls rep from Ohio
Well you can count on me to help build the West MI scene in GR. I've already gotten 2 more people into GR's crew since last Friday who have potential, one of them plans to join the boards this summer. Feel free to keep me filled in or not, I'd like to improve West MI's scene as well.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I was gonna say that West MI should make a presence at the first one, but May 3rd is all sorts of bad timing. Not to mention I'll be gone for two Thursdays in the UP in late May... Hrm. I wanna talk about this more in Skype later, Tom.

Just something to note, but if I'm accepted to Grand Valley for Fall Semester, then technically I'll be a GR player then. Just something for GR area to think about.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I was gonna say that West MI should make a presence at the first one, but May 3rd is all sorts of bad timing. Not to mention I'll be gone for two Thursdays in the UP in late May... Hrm. I wanna talk about this more in Skype later, Tom.

Just something to note, but if I'm accepted to Grand Valley for Fall Semester, then technically I'll be a GR player then. Just something for GR area to think about.
o****

I think I'll be able to get my casual group to at least some of these.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Just a reminder this is still happening this week so far muskegons got Me, Red and possibly Tired and Sophy going.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Me and Red are gonna get there some time after 5 hes gotta work and I got some stuff to do but we will be there closer to 6.

Super was talking to me last night about going and asked if he could carpool with us but never replied to my text.

He also said somthing about L_Cancel showing some interest

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ah it's nice to see we finally have some activity here in West Michigan. I saw all the tournments held here in the past few months, but I've been stuck at Oakland University so it's been disapointing.

I'll have to come and check things out when I get some time now that I'm done with school. I'm probably a noob compared to everyone else though...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ah it's nice to see we finally have some activity here in West Michigan. I saw all the tournments held here in the past few months, but I've been stuck at Oakland University so it's been disapointing.

I'll have to come and check things out when I get some time now that I'm done with school. I'm probably a noob compared to everyone else though...
You go to OU?! I just finished my Sophomore year there. If you are going back in the fall we should totally meetup.

Top Bottom