• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
She *does* have a projectile, tho.at least, she will unless something changes from here to the final version)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
HI! I'mma sign myself as a WFT player/main.

I at first was largely drawn to her amazingly trollish design, but I started liking her more and more as a semi-main. I'll likely play her more depending on how Peach (and hopefully Zelda.) Turn out in smash 4. She shows potential to be a decent character competetively. :)

EDIT; Also, hey Kyo! <3

Name: BJN39
Talents: Eh, Smash? I'm okay at drawing too... Oh, and I LOVE speedrunning the old GC versions of Harry potter 1, 2, and 3.
Likes: Smashboard Zelda communities, (They all rock!) Drawing, Video games.
Dislikes: Screamers, Smashboard's douches.
Goals: Ehh, none right now...
Other facts: You can call me Jamie. :p Because some people can't just type "BJN39". It usually ends up as "BJN", or even "BNJ" < _ <'

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
some people can't just type "BJN39". It usually ends up as "BJN", or even "BNJ" < _ <'
Is that a challenge?
I'll call you BJN39 from now on and be sure not to mess it up!

Welcome to the WFT boards, where we're patiently waiting for the next game to come.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Is that a challenge?
I'll call you BJN39 from now on and be sure not to mess it up!

Welcome to the WFT boards, where we're patiently waiting for the next game to come.
Well, it's a challenge if you want it to be. ;)

I'm really excited about trying to advance the WFT metagame, figuring out which moves can do what, and what does something better, how to use a move best, etc. I don't think I'll end up being the top WFT player or anything because I can't get out to play VS other competent players, but I'm gonna be a researcher for her. :) At least, I plan on it.

Also Kyo, do you plan on playing Zelda too this iteration if she's in? I definately will.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yeah, why not.
I want to try out every character in the game until I find one I feel comfortable with.

I might take special care with Megaman, WFT, Marth, and if they get confirmed, Zelda, ZSS and MetaKnight)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
A new photo posted today on the smash 4 website:

So, how does everyone like this new fancy somewhat blood-like KO Knockback exclusive animation? :p

EDIT; I realized the picture kept changing with the days, so I removed it. :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I really like it.
Also, I think this monday they'll reveal a new character.
Wonder which one.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I've decided to start making blog posts about WFT's moveset data and speculation, I'll be posting any move data I have in the soon future. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks to Kuma, who posted this on Facebook:

twilightgamer

Smash Rookie
I would like to join if that is fine with you guys (i would lke my color to be cyan)
Name: twillightgamer
Talents: Rubiks cubes, Origami
Dislikes: what i don't like
Goals: To be the best at SSB4 with the wii fit trainer
Other facts: I don't really know what to put here

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's what is great about this community, it hasn't officially started yet, so everyone is welcome!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Of all the chars in this game so far....

WiiFitGirl looks the most appealing to me. Ill prob use her as my main.

Xyro77

Which is weird coming from a Samus main.
Im just super burnt out of Samus.

I used her along side marth in melee for 7 years.
I then used her exclusively in brawl for 5.5 years (about to be 6 this coming march)
Im so sick of her. Plus, she was REALLY bad in brawl.

WiiFitGirl looks pretty cool imo and she seems a hell of a lot faster than Samus. I just hope she has a projectile.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
She DOES have a projectile, the soccer ball header.

It's been speculated to be her side B. in one "pic of the day" Sakurai said "this lethal move is based off the WiiFit series."
So I'd guess it's more of a kill move projectile. It also seems kinda short ranged and "low health"

But nonetheless, we know she has at least one projectile. She might have two, but I doubt that the "mysterious solar power" is a projectile.

Xyro77

I guess i should have been more specific.

Id like her to have a projectile more like falco/fox/diddy/snake. Something that is extremely useful and not trash like link/TL bombs....ect.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I guess i should have been more specific.

Id like her to have a projectile more like falco/fox/diddy/snake. Something that is extremely useful and not trash like link/TL bombs....ect.
I see.

Well, if we're lucky, sun salutation will be a useful projectile and not some useless gimmick move. > _ >

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Based on everything I've seen so far WFT is easily the most appealing character to me from a gameplay perspective. She reminds of Sheik (who is my Melee main) in that she seems to have has long limbs and good mobility. Sakurai also said that she's "powerful against characters like Bowser" so I'm guessing she has good juggle/combo potential like Sheik as well.

But even without the moveset potential I love her inclusion from a character/personality standpoint as well. Her yoga moves are so quirky I can't help but laugh every time I watch her trailer. There's just something funny as hell watching a mannequin yoga instructor from hell beat up on the rest of the Nintendo roster. Strange how the character representing the casual market ended up winning me over but **** just be like sometimes I guess haha.

Can't wait to try her out!

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Name: Ed
Talents: Football, shisha tricks and nintendo videogames
Likes: football, alcohol, shisha, nintendo videogames, dbz, rurouni kenshin, saint seiya, etc
Dislikes: when people call football soccer (please dont call handegg football... call it american rugby instead of american football, its a wussy version of rugby that isnt played with neither a ball or the feet)
Goals: graduate from economics and be the star signing of real madrid this summer.... k second one wont happen
Other facts: bilingual almost trilingual, dont like playstation or xbox games (most of them lack depth and replay value), and eventhough i love football i hate fifa games (unbalanced arbitrary pieces of sheet)

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i wouldn't mind the male alt. version of wft AS LONG AS IT OCCUPIES THE EXACT SAME PHYSICAL SPACE AS THE FEMALE ONE AND THEY HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME HITBOX RANGES

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Shisha tricks? Amazing, I want to learn some, too.
Also, I hate FIFA games, too. idk, I just do, even though I love to play and watch football.

Adding to the OP as we talk ;)

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Shisha tricks? Amazing, I want to learn some, too.
Also, I hate FIFA games, too. idk, I just do, even though I love to play and watch football.

Adding to the OP as we talk ;)
search edmichu on instagram haha, i have like a vid or 2 doing tricks... they don't look as good as expected due to the cam quality but its something

BTW. barcelona or madrid? that question matters a lot haha

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So, does anyone know the names of all the yoga poses she uses for attacks? I was making a list of her attacks with their exercise names but I didn't know all of them.

waichingliu81

Smash Cadet
Based on everything I've seen so far WFT is easily the most appealing character to me from a gameplay perspective. She reminds of Sheik (who is my Melee main) in that she seems to have has long limbs and good mobility. Sakurai also said that she's "powerful against characters like Bowser" so I'm guessing she has good juggle/combo potential like Sheik as well.
she would be a good replacement for sheik, if she doesn't make it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
RIbéry deserved it better.
I mean,Real Madrid didn't win anything last year.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
ribery is a 27 goal player who has schweinsteiger, muller, kroos, robben, neuer, lahm, dante, alaba, etc in his team, with jupp heykes as coach... yeah he won a ****load of crap, but ronaldo practically took the whole team on his shoulders... 69 goals last season, not saying the madrid squad is bad, but bayern's is better

take away ribery from bayern and bayern will still be amazing... take ronaldo out of madrid and we struggle badly

award is for the best player in 2013, which was clearly ronaldo, you dont see teams offering money on ribery, while you can see monaco/m city sheiks trying to snatch ronaldo

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The number of scored goals shouldn't be a factor. Ribery is not a striker, he's pretty much a midfielder.
What if the nominated player were a Goalkeeper (like Oliver Kahn back in the day), you wouldn't take in account the number of scored goals, would you?

AlsoRonaldo played much better the year prior. He wasn't at his peak during 2013.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So something I forgot to mention when it came out:

LOOK AT THE REACH OF THAT MOVE!
(In case you didn't know, generally the center of one of these "pop" animations is generally where the hitbox and hurtbox collided.)

Top Bottom