• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Which Button Should I Use For __" Thread

Rykard

Smash Ace
I figured it was time some kind of central thread was made to allow people to discuss and answer questions dealing with what buttons people use to do things in this game. It seems like every week, a new thread pops up about things in this area, so it will be nice to allow people to freely ask/answer questions about them and read what other people have to say who may have similar questions. I'm hoping this is a good idea seeing as it will hopefully avoid any further threads that ask simple questions related to this that can be answered in a couple of posts.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I usually use a variant of the claw style of holding the controller so I can put 2 fingers on z and press it twice as fast. I use the z button for pretty much everything except I use the C-stick for nair and UpB and I grab with L+R+A+Start.

But seriously, jump with y, use the c-stick for everything you can, to wavedash out of shield better either use different triggers to shield and wavedash or press one trigger part of the way down, jump and then press it the rest of the way down, etc etc etc.

New question how do you JC shine?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
What button should be used for Falco's lasers? Personally, I use B.

Rykard

Smash Ace
oh great. i try to make this useful for people that ask these kinds of questions and no one takes it seriously. oh wells.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i jc shine by sliding my thumb from X to B. if A is pressed before you leave the ground it doesnt do anything.

Top Bottom