• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

Laem

Smash Champion
falcos/lucas/mks/pika def have better utilts for their respective characters.

Falcos is EXTREMELY fast
Lucas uses it to combo and finish combos
Mks is faster and have better priority than wolfs
and pikachu's utilt combos into his thunder for the kill.

Olimar's utilt is annoying as ****. it's def. better than wolfs
Falcos is (kind of) fast, but still weak...
i doubt mk's is faster
and i seriously doubt pika has a kill % death combo >.>

Choice

Smash Champion
utilt thunder is a legitimate tactic for pikachu's. you can't really DI the utilt that much and even if you do all pika needs to do is qac thunder. not only that but it sets up other things at low %'s, and it has huge range with low start up. its much better than wolf's utilt.

falco's is not only faster but its much higher priority. its weaker because it isnt a kill move, it combos into stuff or can be used at the end of a string of moves to get them away. falco utilt also hits mk whenever he's dair camping because of how fast it is and the range it has on it.

mk's utilt is actually mk's 2nd best kill move in terms of how early it kills. its got a disjointed hitbox so right away its better even if it may be a bit slower (someone should just look at the frame data =p)

i change my mind and think ganon's utilt is better than wolf's, too. i would take ganon's utilt over wolf's anyday since it kills earlier and is way too epic.

Bead

Smash Ace
utilt thunder is a legitimate tactic for pikachu's. you can't really DI the utilt that much and even if you do all pika needs to do is qac thunder. not only that but it sets up other things at low %'s, and it has huge range with low start up. its much better than wolf's utilt..
You can DI out of the thunder if you hold both sticks to the left or right. Requires pretty good timing. or with wolf you can always DI then reflector it =D thunder just hits the pillar of lightning

_Kain_

Smash Champion
You can DI out of the thunder if you hold both sticks to the left or right. Requires pretty good timing. or with wolf you can always DI then reflector it =D thunder just hits the pillar of lightning
Doubt u wud b able to DI the thunder to survive at the % the they wud even b attempting this setup

Choice

Smash Champion
using C-stick to DI or SDI doesnt make much a difference. C-stick only gives 1 input when its held, its not like the analog stick that gives continuous inputs.

also, yes wolf and other characters with a reflector can escape pikachu's utilt thunder sometimes but not everyone has this option. the argument wasnt whether or not wolf could escape anyways, it was whether or not pikachu had this option to begin with.

Choice

Smash Champion
whats the big rush? why did they run everywhere? where is the fire?

Choice

Smash Champion
all in all, it was a friendly. if izaw starts playing wolf i'm all for it too. i liked some of his uairs though i thought that snake was recovering too low and allowed for those uairs to happen.

Choice

Smash Champion
jj, you should add commentary on every vid up where i lose. if you have the time actually, just commentary on all my matches. you guys should all give me feedback, i want to get better and i can only notice so many bad habits on my own.

during your commentary, if possible say when i miss a punish or chose the wrong punish, put myself into a bad situation, things like that. complements are welcome too, all in all any commentary is great. in the end it all just makes things easier for me getting better. if the mistake or habit which you point out is something that i have fixed in between the time when i played that set/match and when i hear the commentary, all the better. it will just reaffirm that i distinguished what a bad habit of mine was and fixed it (hopefully). some new vids of mine should be up soon too.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
all them shines was tight, you were using it really well was that peach getting frustrated with it? it looked sooo annoying XD
lol @ the commentary, there's wolf main with main fetish XD
i liked your Fair game alot more than i do other wolves choice, it seemed very precise and controlled.

your whole playstyle on its own seemed that way to me as well, very entertaining to watch
more blaster maybe? i firmly believe that everyone should have more blaster no matter what. no need approaching peach or anyone else if you dont have to.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lmfao @ Seagull thinking Izaw vs Calzorz shows anything near the top of the EU metagame.

:059:

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Really nice gameplay all in all Choice, but I think you overused jumpshine, you often used it when you had the chance to punish with an aerial OoS, why a defensive move when you are in the advantage anyway?
And in some cases you could have edgehogged the peach for a free hit but you stayed on the stage, dunno why.

Otherwise really good.

pulse131

Smash Ace
l0ol wrong wrong wrong. izaw has secondaried wolf since before he mained link...he just never released anything til now. but ya nice games choice :p

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
unlike ishiey, i'm on top of things when it comes to wolf videos ;-)
Hey, I'm a busy guy >_______> lol

Nice vids Choice :3 More or less what everyone else said about you being awesome haha, but I'd also like to ask about the SH shines OoS after the last hit of Peach's dair, etc... what made you go with that over something like nair or bair, followup potential?

:059:

Choice

Smash Champion
cuz i dont know how you're supposed to punish peach. i used to punish dair with usmash and then susanna started nairing after dair instead of dairing again or something. now i'm scared and try not to get hit so i jump shine. if there are better punishes tell me and i will gladly start doing those instead. i only recently started reading through peach's frame data so i'm not all that familiar with what i should be punishing with.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
cuz i dont know how you're supposed to punish peach. i used to punish dair with usmash and then susanna started nairing after dair instead of dairing again or something. now i'm scared and try not to get hit so i jump shine. if there are better punishes tell me and i will gladly start doing those instead. i only recently started reading through peach's frame data so i'm not all that familiar with what i should be punishing with.
I know Nair OoS works if they choose to b right above u after there dair

Choice

Smash Champion
regardless of what they do afterwards? gah once this week is over i'm gonna study peach frame data like a motha.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
No, you can't overuse jump shine, especially in that match up.
Your wrong again. I know what I'm talking about, there are definetely better options than jumpshining when there is the chance to punish with Fsmash or Bair OoS, there is no thing to discuss about this, it's a fact.

@Choice:
I did not mean the jumpshines after Dair, that's good, but here an example: Sometimes the peach did a SH Bair with momentum away against your shield, then jumpshines is senseless because she was in Bair range and you had the advantage anyway.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Your wrong again. I know what I'm talking about, there are definetely better options than jumpshining when there is the chance to punish with Fsmash or Bair OoS, there is no thing to discuss about this, it's a fact.
Maybe so, but you can't overuse jump shine in that match up. You can use it needlessly, ineffectively, or unsafely, but when done properly, you can't overuse it. When you say that he overused it, if you mean that he used it too much, then I'm afraid that you're incorrect, if you mean that he used it inappropriately, then I have no idea why you label that "overused."

Choice: Needs more jump shine. It's usage dropped off in the second game.

Choice

Smash Champion

@Choice:
I did not mean the jumpshines after Dair, that's good, but here an example: Sometimes the peach did a SH Bair with momentum away against your shield, then jumpshines is senseless because she was in Bair range and you had the advantage anyway.
Hmm can you tell me exactly where so i know what the situation looks like? I thought when peach bair's your shield and lands on the ground she still has frame advantage but maybe i'm wrong. I think i've tried to bair after susanna bair's my shield and she blocks it and then punishes oos, i may not have input the bair fast enough or reacted fast enough though.

I'm also not going for the punish sometimes because i want a better position and was unsure of what was the right punish, whereas i know js will allow me to get into that better position.

Maybe so, but you can't overuse jump shine in that match up. You can use it needlessly, ineffectively, or unsafely, but when done properly, you can't overuse it. When you say that he overused it, if you mean that he used it too much, then I'm afraid that you're incorrect, if you mean that he used it inappropriately, then I have no idea why you label that "overused."

Choice: Needs more jump shine. It's usage dropped off in the second game.
Yea i can see that. I went into the first game thinking that i have to js as much as possible in this mu. I don't think i had the same mentality 2nd game but i'll be sure to remind myself.

Top Bottom